The Rumour Thread

I'd personally much prefer the gothic aesthetic to be doubled down on; AoS does some pretty cool reimaginings, but Warhammer vampires have a particular iconic look to them that wouldn't be captured without the gothic design.

I'd quite like almost 'Imperium' like vampires, in that they take gothic and turn it up to 11 with gargoyles and OTT constructs - almost faux religious/fanatical.   

• Like 3

• Subscriber

Looks like chaos dwarfs are on their way out as a big chunk have gone unavailable on the FW site. 

Luckily last year I thought something like this could happen, so I got enough to finish my existing force off, even if I never get round to doing it for years. 

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Rumour:

Indeed Vampires are coming. Part of their army will consist of current zombie and/or skeleton models. They are not the usual gothic, noble vampires. Expect a twist to them like some other armies received. Legions of Nagash will be transformed into something new, some models will be torn out from it. Shouldn't say where have I heard it.

I could see them coming with the existing skeleton kits but not the zombies - they are too old an dit looks like new zombies have been teased. I wouldn't mind them losing the bald vampire guy thing.. the Underworlds war band looks much more like duelistsrather than gothic nobles.. interesting to see how these go..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carnelian said:
"...muttered the Lord of Pain." TO HIS PAINMASTER 

May Teclis judge him

Yeah... but Slaanesh tends to at least think about the names of their warband, at least the Slaaneshi Lord is impressed by the group that call themselves the flayed. 🤣

57 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

The old skeletons are not very piratey either (though still the best skeletons on the market IMO). And grave guard & co. do have a distinctive transsylvanian look.

Seems they’ll have to stay in classic gothic territory then.

I think Sinbad would disagree about skeletons not being fit.

• Haha 1

I am excited for the prospect of a Legions of Nagash/Vampire Count style refresh hopefully with minimal unit squatting. I am also excited about some potential FAQs updates. Hopefully Idolators get some fixes as I think it is a really cool subfaction.

Edited by Neverchosen

5 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Rumour:

Indeed Vampires are coming. Part of their army will consist of current zombie and/or skeleton models. They are not the usual gothic, noble vampires. Expect a twist to them like some other armies received. Legions of Nagash will be transformed into something new, some models will be torn out from it. Shouldn't say where have I heard it.

I hope so 🙏

5 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Rumour:

Hope so, waiting for a new death army before starting aos, had high hopes for bonereapers, but was kinda disappointed by them. So hope the vampire rumors are true

Serious question:

Where does this 'pirate vampires' rumour originate? Is there anything more to this than 'they were popular in Total War', "There was a rumour engine with a gun, that, in retrospect, probably belonged to the vampire *hunter* from preview" and 'We saw a boat in rumour engine once but it turned out to be a Gargant"?

Because apart from that we've mostly seen weapons pretty much the same as the current vampire aestethic and the not particularly pirate-like vampire silhouette from Underworlds. And possibly some rat/crow critters, a fell bat fragment and a werewolf-ish leg.

Is the rest just wishful thinking or was there something I might have missed?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

I hope that they are gothic in the sense of their armour and other design elements being baroque, but that they also add some uniqueness to them that distances them from the Warhammer Fantasy stuff. 

There's nothing more gothic than a raven within a key.  I think it'll be gothic turned to gas mark 9.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, dekay said:

Serious question:

Where does this 'pirate vampires' rumour originate? Is there anything more to this than 'they were popular in Total War', "There was a rumour engine with a gun, that, in retrospect, probably belonged to the vampire *hunter* from preview" and 'We saw a boat in rumour engine once but it turned out to be a Gargant"?

Because apart from that we've mostly seen weapons pretty much the same as the current vampire aestethic and the not particularly pirate-like vampire silhouette from Underworlds. And possibly some rat/crow critters, a fell bat fragment and a werewolf-ish leg.

Is the rest just wishful thinking or was there something I might have missed?

I think that the popularity of the faction in Total War also lead to a fan writing GW and they got a non-comital response about them being aware of the popularity, but that it also took a long time to develop armies. Which we as fans interpreted as direct confirmation.

Personally I want a pirate faction but I want it to be Grotbag Scuttlers and I would prefer my Vampires to remain as Noble counts and knights. However, I will gladly settle for Vampirates if we get pirates for each faction and janky unusable naval combat rules in an issue of White Dwarf: Order: IDK Soul Pirates, Destruction Grotbag Skypirates, Death Vampirates of the Bloodseas and finally Chaos: Skaven infested ships would be awesome!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that the popularity of the faction in Total War also lead to a fan writing GW and they got a non-comital response about them being aware of the popularity, but that it also took a long time to develop armies. Which we as fans interpreted as direct confirmation.

Personally I want a pirate faction but I want it to be Grotbag Scuttlers and I would prefer my Vampires to remain as Noble counts and knights. However, I will gladly settle for Vampirates if we get pirates for each faction and janky unusable naval combat rules in an issue of White Dwarf: Order: IDK Soul Pirates, Destruction Grotbag Skypirates, Death Vampirates of the Bloodseas and finally Chaos: Skaven infested ships would be awesome!

I agree I would also prefer more 'Standard' Vampires with an AOS twist and save Pirates for Grotbag Scuttlers!!

• Like 3

Don't forget that we've already had a Vampire Pirate faction in the game, thanks to the Wraith Fleet rules.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/21/the-armies-of-firestorm-the-wraith-fleet-sep21gw-homepage-post-4/

They were included in the Firestorm supplement, whose Free City rules provided the basis for the Cities of Sigmar Battletome.

Regarding the Witch Hunter, compare the gloved hand on the crossbow looking thing to the one in the video and tell me they aren't connected. The pose for the arm even matches up.

This doesn't rule out the possibility of the gun belonging to a different Witch Hunter model, but that's assuming we'll get more than one. Besides, you know who else looks like they're holding a gun? And how can you not look at that coat and think anything other than "pirate captain"?

There's obviously some kind of Death release coming; whether or not it's for Warcry, Warhammer Quest, or an actual army is anyone's guess, but don't rule out Vampirates just yet.

Spoiler

2020-12-16a.jpg

Spoiler

2020-12-19.png

Spoiler

coat 1.PNG

Spoiler

coat 2.PNG

Spoiler

2020-08-25.jpg

Spoiler

2020-12-16.png