The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I think someone on Facebook may have solved it.

Hide contents

129411622_5017158124975933_8940056216846795420_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=PcEt3JC_seYAX92xaEe&_nc_oc=AQk6e3wQ4TQDH0UUNJJpQJKkirUbLHY_KaZd5GBVtzFZtzChOnMrmgTKKejcKgeylD9E6fSq1LegPpWH0_l1x5Es&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel12-1.fna&oh=be9361e32b8327dee61368314313679c&oe=5FEFB28B

Malerion's true form revealed. When people doubted me about him becoming a vampirate... just look at those teeth!

Could this thing be an update to Kroot hounds? I know it is somwhat different with the additional eyes and teeth it also lacks the underbite but still has a similar overall profile this could be a refresh of their design. I am already enjoying this advent rumour engine game more than I expected. As much as I want new Seraphon sculpts this certainly seems more 40k than AOS to me... of course it could be yet another strange SCE mount.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Could be a trophy of some kind.

A pet maybe? Would be in-line with Inquisition.

Might also be Dark Eldar beasts, since those are still in Finecrap,

I was thinking the same. Didnt an Inquisition model have a Pet Dragon recently? Or could be an updated Kroot Hound?

• Like 1

It looks to be some sort of trophy/decoration more than an actual living creature to me. Its holding a ring in its mouth but it looks like the kind of ring something hangs off of rather than a ring for guiding or that would have reins attached to it. I cannot quite articulate why (I think its because it is vertically straight up like it is affected by gravity only and not tilted like a ring would be if it was attached to reins).

Another necromunda animal of some kind. It might be salty, but I am so tired of nearly all new releases being for the smaller games, the stream of pretty warcry, underworlds and necromunda miniatures seems endless, while we can't even get separate kits for the start collect StD units and entire AoS factions has not seen a single new model for years! 

They want us to buy entire AoS vs boxes and campaign books just to introduce 1-2 models, while in the same time frame the small games get 7 warbands with 5-10 new models in each...  Could they not just shift a tiny bit to AoS? 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

The sentiment has been building for awhile I think. The reason why it's coming to a head now? I think it's a symptom of the fact that more than half the factions in 40k is some variant of power armour. In my eyes it's strange considering how huge the galaxy is and the fact space marines are meant to be a rare elite force despite the waves of releases. That's my view. 

The second thing that tipped things over and I think it's the main one in this context is Broken Realms Morathi. A lot of people play/collect both lines and have read the book, they're now comparing it with Psychic awakening within their circles, Psychic awakening left a bad taste in people's mouths, it did for me. So people are comparing the two and are now looking back to previous supplements for 2nd edition. This subject was also talked about on Bolter and Chainsword as well. 

Anyway, that's my opinion on the subject. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

The sentiment has been building for awhile I think. The reason why it's coming to a head now? I think it's a symptom of the fact more than half the factions in 40k is some variant of power armour. In my eyes it's strange considering how huge the galaxy is and the fact space marines are meant to be a rare elite force despite the waves of releases. That's my view. 

Yup. 40k has been beyond boring for me for a looong time. I browse their factions once in a while and it seems that nothing has changed. Dozen of boring space marines factions that in my opinion all look the same and should be one faction equal to eldars or orks in terms of mini count. Space marines are everything but elite. There are more space marines minis than flies near the privy on a hot day.

Each and every year AoS gets more novelties in 12 months than 40k got in 12 years. AoS is great at keeping it fresh, with new ideas for factions that surprise us every time. Hope they won't go that way and not make a horde out of stormcasts.

• Like 8

On the video above, I think 40k does suffer from success. It became the Space Marines and friends setting long ago, and people stay for that setting so GW are insentivised to keep it that way. In AoS there isn't a status quo, and I think the game is healthier because of it; Stormcast are probably the best selling army, but not in the same way that Space Marines are -  and that's a good thing. Diversity of models is a great thing, and just as importantly diversity of lore is something AoS has over 40k in spades.

As mentioned in the video, you're creatively limited in 40k as factions have very concrete lore, whereas in AoS you more have guidelines to work with rather than rules. E.g. you can say your Dark Eldar are nice people in 40k that get energy out of causing laughs like the end of Monster's Inc, but that's not ever supported in the lore, however you could easily have a lore friendly Idoneth enclave that take the soul of willing old humans in exchange for defence just as much as you could have a bloothirsty enclave that keep humans as soul cattle. Both have a theme, but one is more set in stone; Dark Eldar have their souls eaten away at so they must be cruel and torture everyone to do this (seen in every model and book), Idoneth need souls for the soulless, but they don't have a set in stone way of going about it (maybe just a more common way). Both can be interesting, but I prefer the freedom of the latter.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Some type of Kroot mount? Tau getting their 40K update? Some more melee units to balance 9th edition board control?

I would be over the moon for expanded Kroot or Xeno Allies for Tau!!

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Yup. 40k has been beyond boring for me for a looong time. I browse their factions once in a while and it seems that nothing has changed. Dozen of boring space marines factions that in my opinion all look the same and should be one faction equal to eldars or orks in terms of mini count. Space marines are everything but elite. There are more space marines minis than flies near the privy on a hot day.

Each and every year AoS gets more novelties in 12 months than 40k got in 12 years. AoS is great at keeping it fresh, with new ideas for factions that surprise us every time. Hope they won't go that way and not make a horde out of stormcasts.

I 100% agree mate and it would take drastic changes to the way GW sells 40K and its lore to bring me on board.

• Like 1