The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Sorry if mentioned but, have you all had a good look at Sigvalds base. I know of race which would bare it’s teeth like that, other han Vampires, maybe chaos. So it’s either a statue to Slaanesh which he’s walking over, very plausible. Or those are Vampire ruins. The nose doesn’t really remind of Slanesh’s visage, again, more vamp to me. Grasping at desperate vampiric mists I know.

EB8E73FF-1F58-4B8B-A70B-AD3C592B6C0D.png

Imo that‘s just a demonette statue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

Nah mate it's next to that dusty old fishmen sea army clock from WHFB

Nah, this one no longer functions, one of the most surprising thing we ever got from AoS was actually *getting* a fishmen army (but given how overdue the Idoneth update is, maybe the clock functions again just for that ;))

40 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Any rumours about the price of the Christmas-Boxes already around?

I have seen reports that it will be £125 for all the boxes except the Gitz and Chaos Space Marines which will be £120 (EDIT: now I am seeing the Space Marine and Astra Militarum listed as £120 too, which makes sense)

I calculated the percentage saved if anyone is curious

AoS
KO - 34.2%
Ogor Mawtribes - 34.2%
Tzeentch 34.2%
Gitz - 32.4%

Necron - 37.2%
Tyranids - 34.2%
Tau - 33.3%
Astra Militarum - 30.6% 33.3% (EDIT: It appears as though it will be £120 so I corrected the percentage saved)
Space Marines - 28.6% 31.4% (EDIT: It appears as though it will be £120 so I corrected the percentage saved)
Chaos Space Marines - 26.3%  (They should make it £115 imo, which would at least make it a 30% saving)

For comparison, the Skaven Battleforce last year was a 34% saving

Check this link for a value breakdown

If these prices/savings are correct, I will be getting a Necron, Tzeentch and a Gitz (maybe 2) Battleforce this year. 

Edited by Orchid89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Sorry if mentioned but, have you all had a good look at Sigvalds base. I know of race which would bare it’s teeth like that, other han Vampires, maybe chaos. So it’s either a statue to Slaanesh which he’s walking over, very plausible. Or those are Vampire ruins. The nose doesn’t really remind of Slanesh’s visage, again, more vamp to me. Grasping at desperate vampiric mists I know.

EB8E73FF-1F58-4B8B-A70B-AD3C592B6C0D.png

The Ossiarch Bonereapers Mortisan Boneshaper is standing on a skull that turned out to be almost exactly to scale as the Mega Gargants head, so they have semi teased Factions with basing before, could very well be a Vampire!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well now you folks have been and gone and done it.

They'll be resetting all of them!

7 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Wouldn't surprise me if in the GW studio, they replaced the old Sisters of Battle countdown clock with a Vampirates clock and it now it gets reset everytime they're mentioned 😄

xBmbOcqh.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm pretty sure the statue is a daemonette face, it looks pretty similar to this one 

Screenshot_20201126-173207_Google.jpg

Yup, more than anything I built my own hype, and in the end I played  myself. In truth I keep forgetting there’s a big ol’ Slaanesh face floating around out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I too would love to see Werewolves. Hopefully Soulblight encompasses more classic monsters among its retinue; Werewolves, Dire Wolves, Thralls, Lesser Vampires perhaps even Behemoth Frankenstien creations.

I am hoping for Gloomspite styled refresh of Legions of Nagash (with a new name and unified aesthetic). I want it to include some more classic monsters and possibly jettison some of the units that have found new homes (But still allow them for allies). I like Death having a soup style army akin to Cities or Slaves to Darkness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am hoping for Gloomspite styled refresh of Legions of Nagash (with a new name and unified aesthetic). I want it to include some more classic monsters and possibly jettison some of the units that have found new homes (But still allow them for allies). I like Death having a soup style army akin to Cities or Slaves to Darkness.

Definitely. I love a lot of the new angles some armies have taken, but I would really like some new zombie sculpts. I think its very possible to balance radically new ideas for some armies, while others essentially receive an updated model range sticking to their current style.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

The-Wolfenburg-Crypt-Stealers-Blood-Bowl.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

That would be really cool, however I somehow doubt GW will go that route specifically. Considering how they have been doing things lately with factions, I could see the Soulblight part of Nagash doing some kind of rebellion, it has been in the cards all along that the 2 teethy Mortarchs are not all that loyal and are pretty much second fiddle now especially with Katakros leading the standing army and Olynder acting as shock troops, the remaining undead has not really been a big factor in any of the major battles or conflicts in the narrative. 

With bones being such an imporatn resource to the Bonereapers I think logically having skeleton soldiers is a waste to Nagash at this point and the only logical thing would be to grind them down and make Mortek Guards etc from the parts. With a soulblight rebellion though, this could be explained away, keeping the old school undead around, as they will not be making any Bonereapers. Having some conflict within the death grand allegiance would also be a cool narrative, because something needs to happen to curb Nagash a bit, as his dudes alone breaking into the eight points and actually making a foothold, which the combined forces of order has been unable to do.

Perhaps they are not so brave yet, as to remove regular skeleton warriors from the Nagash roster, I guess many have such armies laying around and would be quite upset seeing it go entirely, even though narratively I think it would be an interesting choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I think logically having skeleton soldiers is a waste to Nagash at this point

Why would that be a waste?

sure we have the bonereapers, but unlike them Skeletons very likely only need a summoner unlike bonereapers that get somewhat forged.

so having skeletons as a cheaper but worser options, that can be considered dire summoning units to protect your lines kinda makes sense.

also there are a ton of people that gw might anger with throwing those guys into the bin

• Like 3