The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, silverstu said:

I was hoping for new dwarfs... not quite what I had in mind!😁

You and me both, I’ll hold out a while longer for Dispossed, but the more Lumineth I see the more I think Norse inpired Dwarfs may be a thing of bygone era. Hey maybe they feature in the Old World when ever that drops. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

1a895391-8343-4354-b8b7-fd5295e388f1.jpg.99e25ab410cde01fab749a1daefcac71.jpg

I find this really interesting. It doesn't seem to fit rest of the vampirate rumour engines. Other hand seemed skinny or pale, whereas this seems like a rather healthy, human hand. Don't think it's aelven either, weapon isn't fancy enough. I don't know what to make out of those lines, could be bite marks as someone mentioned, or maybe warpaint or just general scars, albeit weirdly placed. So I'd say either the speculated vampirates have living servants, or it's a CoS model (which I find more possible, though for Underworlds or a future warhammer quest game)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I find this really interesting. It doesn't seem to fit rest of the vampirate rumour engines. Other hand seemed skinny or pale, whereas this seems like a rather healthy, human hand. Don't think it's aelven either, weapon isn't fancy enough. I don't know what to make out of those lines, could be bite marks as someone mentioned, or maybe warpaint or just general scars, albeit weirdly placed. So I'd say either the speculated vampirates have living servants, or it's a CoS model (which I find more possible, though for Underworlds or a future warhammer quest game)

I think is a woman and the hand is covered by a long glove.

• Like 5

Interesting observation. Wayland Games ( UK ) are doing a Black Friday sale of stock. They've got both Khadoran Overlords and Daughters of Khaine Battletomes up on steep discount. No others for AoS. Now this is NOT confirmation of anything and it might be Wayland overordered on them and never shifted the stock; but at the same time perhaps its a portent of behind the scenes shipping info. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

The hag queen of DoK has a similar handle is all i can think of tbh

Edited by ChillTuup

When I first saw the longsword/rapier looking blades I though it was cool, and probably a unique weapon for a single hero or unit. But now, with three completely unique variants of the blades present (and confirmation that none of them belong to Sigvald) my interest is well and truly peaked.

A whole army themed around this type of weaponry? Plus the pistol shown a while back? It's ticking all the nostalgia boxes for the swashbuckling films and books of old. 

If it's vampirates, I'll be painting up a Captain Blood for sure!

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I suppose those are folds of the glove the person is wearing.

Oh really? I dont see a glove at all.

37 minutes ago, Overread said:

Interesting observation. Wayland Games ( UK ) are doing a Black Friday sale of stock. They've got both Khadoran Overlords and Daughters of Khaine Battletomes up on steep discount. No others for AoS. Now this is NOT confirmation of anything and it might be Wayland overordered on them and never shifted the stock; but at the same time perhaps its a portent of behind the scenes shipping info. 

I would guess an over Order on stock? Considering how new the KO BT is, I would be incredibly suprised to see it be one of the first updated.

39 minutes ago, Overread said:

Got a link, they seem to be 15% off like any other tome?

32 minutes ago, ArmyOfGrodd said:

Got a link, they seem to be 15% off like any other tome?

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/2211-black-friday-2020#/manufacturer-games_workshop/game_system-warhammer_age_of_sigmar

1 hour ago, Overread said:

It is important to note it is the italian version of DoK and spanish version of KO, so unless you are proficient in those languages the savings might turn into an unneeded expense...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/2211-black-friday-2020#/manufacturer-games_workshop/game_system-warhammer_age_of_sigmar

It is important to note it is the italian version of DoK and spanish version of KO, so unless you are proficient in those languages the savings might turn into an unneeded expense...

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Darn it I didn't notice that they were non-engilsh versions of the books (I got lost in a sea of deals/sales)

It’s the old tome also, not the current one

1 hour ago, novakai said:

i guessing no one considering that it just going to be regular Vampire that are not pirates

Oh I'm 100% they're Vampires but not Vampirates. I think Vampires are inevitable, but guessing what theme GW is going to apply to new armies is a recipe for disappointment. After all, who had High Elves as Elemental animal temples and wood elves as half beast, mohawked redheads. 

• Like 1

I think if we get vampires, they will be "well, they look kinda like vampires if you squint and hold them out at arm's length" vampires.  Not "I vant to bite your neck" Count Draculas in black and red cloaks.  A Death faction vaguely reminiscent of vampires, but not Konrad and Blood Knights and bats and wolves.

Just a prediction, not a rumour.  Based only on my subjective interpretation of AoS trends.

• Like 3