The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I haven't read the End Times in a while, but, yeah, I'm pretty sure. Probably one of my favorite moments.

Spoiler

Sigvald was present in Bretonnia during the End Times, sampling the finest flesh that Parravon had to offer. He was then, to his disgust, teleported directly to Archaon. He took particular insult at being paired with the Troll-king, Throgg.[5]

Eventually, the Geld Prince came up against Krell, one of Nagash's Mortarchs. The Undead Chaos Warrior was initially able to dominate their fight, wounding Sigvald greatly and permanently ruining his once handsome face.[5]

At this, Sigvald gave into a rage more akin to a Khornate Berserker than a Champion of Slaanesh, granting the Wight King yet another death. As Sigvald knelt over his opponent's body, he let out a scream of anguish. It was then that Throgg appeared behind him. The monster pummelled Sigvald into nothing more than a bloody pulp, before urinating upon his ruined corpse...[5]

this is what happened according to warhammerfantasy.fandom page. Don't remember the last detail though. 

😂

Ya all have stopped using your beauty standards to evaluate the chosen disciples of slaanesh yet?  

It is really sad that GW cannot publish more slaaneshi stuff with less clothing because people would immediately consider it sexualized  because that's how we are conditioned to think about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Feii said:

Ya all have stopped using your beauty standards to evaluate the chosen disciples of slaanesh yet?  

It is really sad that GW cannot publish more slaaneshi stuff with less clothing because people would immediately consider it sexualized  because that's how we are conditioned to think about it. 

I don't understand this post considering the design of our mortal foot troops for direchasm, Sigvald himself and the Lord of Pain. Also there is more to slaanesh than sexual appeal. That's still there in some of the new models in my opinion but I'm glad GW are exploring the uncanny valley mutations within the minature line as well.  

Edited by shinros
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Rollcage said:

Aelves are basically the space marines of fantasy. Storm cast failed to be as popular as elves. So they do a big campaign of elf setup. 
I mean essentially they have 5 elf armies to setup into the story. 
Sylvaneth 

Daughters

Lumineth 

Idoneth 

Malerion shadow elves.

So the big army release we know is coming aligns with this because Slaanesh who is the ultimate elf villain is getting a major model release and update in the next few months potentially. Surrounding this Aelf campaign.

We already had Morathi, Alarielle and Idoneth in the book 1 of the campaign. But Idoneth and Alarielle were not resolved at all. The hint on the warhammer article basically tells us to expect a lot more Alarielle and Teclis. So it is logical to conclude more Aelf love to come. 

Well, to be fair, Slaneesh beeing freed has been pretty much the "elf plot" of AoS.

That said i dont think Slaneesh Realeased/Newborn is the whole deal with Broken Realms, but one of its threats. I belive Destruction will attack Order, Death will keep itself engaged against Archeon and we will still see the Elven forces react to the newborn/slaneesh release

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Hopefully there's an Alarielle book eventually to give Sylvaneth a much needed boost as they have had the short end of the stick for a long time lol  

Would be nice to see a different major enemy for Alarielle instead of Papa Nurgle's forces as well.

Haha it's definitely going to be Nurgle again. Everyone knows Nurgle needs a bit of love with new rules and where is that going to go except in the inevitable Alarielle book.

On the plus side maybe they will fix sylvaneth. Morathi was a great start for Idoneth so wishing good luck to the trees.

Tbh, I'm very glad the mortal followers of Slaanesh aren't traditionally sexualised (besides Stupid Sexy Sigvald, which is an exception to my opinion); maybe it's just me, but sexy (as in normal human version of sexy, with two ****** and/or looking like a creature caster model) isn't offensive, just offensively dull. 

Of course, lack of clothing doesn't mean sexy (e.g. Khorne Bloodreavers), but if the models were of normal topless women and were titled as Slaaneshi, it would be very hard for most of the fanbase to not see them as sexual (nevermind parents walking into stores).

Fiends of Slaanesh are good - not much clothing (besides cute Christmas sweaters on occaision), but too horrific to actually be seen as sexy. The Tyranid ladies with ****** that you so often get in numerous 3rd party Slaanesh models seem creatively lacking - the model equivalent of a jump scare. It's fine to like them, but I much prefer the goofy/uncanny faces of the Two Souls to the vast majority of the 3rd party models.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

We finally have proper Slaanesh mortals.

I am now content.

(Seriously I would love some with more skin showing, for example if those are warriors, to see the marauder equivalent, but seriously, I am content).

Edit. By more skin showing I don't mean old boring Slaanesh is sexy, I mean more fur and less plate on Slaanesh barbarians.

Edited by Lernaean
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Funny the way Alarielle and Nagash seem to have little beef / history

Didn't necroquake make sylvaneth unable to hear the spirit song?

Seems like a pretty good reason to fight, whether to restore it or just take revenge. Although so far they haven't fought much if at all as you say, which I also consider strange, especially with life and death being opposites and all. Fighting undead would be a cool change from nurgle for sylvaneth

14 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

We finally have proper Slaanesh mortals.

I am now content.

(Seriously I would love some with more skin showing, for example if those are warriors, to see the marauder equivalent, but seriously, I am content).

Edit. By more skin showing I don't mean old boring Slaanesh is sexy, I mean more fur and less plate on Slaanesh barbarians.

The mortals we saw in the trailer are our elite troops, our marauder equivalent has been shown via direchasm. The two Arabian nights characters, archers can also be seen in the background of the main trailer. 

What I personally like about our elite troops is that they look like heroes(painbringers), a normal joe would think that if they were staring at them from a distance, but upon closer inspection you can see that's not the case. Especially when they start raiding you and acting out on their vices. They were clearly inspired by Sigvald. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them looked like him underneath their helm.  But then, you have the twinsouls that explore the uncanny valley side of Slaanesh. 

As someone who has been waiting since whfb for proper slaanesh mortals, I'm happy. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

The mortals we saw in the trailer are our elite troops, our marauder equivalent has been shown via direchasm. The two Arabian nights characters, archers can also be seen in the background of the main trailer. 

What I personally like about our elite troops is that they look like heroes(painbringers), a normal joe would think that if they were staring at them from a distance, but upon closer inspection you can see that's not the case. Especially when they start raiding you and acting out on their vices. They were clearly inspired by Sigvald. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them looked like him underneath their helm.  But then, you have the twinsouls that more explore the uncanny valley side of Slaanesh. 

As someone who has been waiting since whfb for proper slaanesh mortals, I'm happy. 

Twinsouls look great imo (well they all do). And yeah, good point on the Direchasm characters being the marauder equivalent.

As another Slaanesh mortals fan I agree. We should celebrate this one.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, shinros said:

The mortals we saw in the trailer are our elite troops, our marauder equivalent has been shown via direchasm. The two Arabian nights characters, archers can also be seen in the background of the main trailer

I always thought that Blood Warriors/ Blight Kings (and now, the Myrmidesh Painbringers) were something akin a Chosen or a Chaos Warrior. Tzeentch have Tzaangors (marked bestigors?) but I could see another new unit of heavy armored Tzeentch mortals too.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

We might see more with the release as well, and as mentioned the new warband matches the classic more sexualized Slaanesh pretty well, with the long boots, open harem pants etc. I think the models we were shown this saturday  was actually harder to make than simply going "make them sexy", details like the shield grips being made of luxurious padded material for example is just great attention to detail, and tells a lot about who these warriors are. 

I think those models really sell the idea of chaos warriors fully devoted to Slaanesh, they are still warriors but their armor just shows how vain these people are. Their weapons, while perhaps not the most effective infantry weapons, really shows someone who enjoys cutting flesh with the curved blades. They will most likely form the anvil of the hedonites with a bit more synergies than chaos warriors have currently, but stat wise probably being pretty close with 2 wounds and 4+ save I'd imagine.

Some of the other demon possessed variants are cool and some a bit derpy, I prefer the helmeted versions though. I feel great envy now as a StD player, especially as I thought the chaos warrior looking teases must be a complete new kit, yet it was ANOTHER damned warband xD

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I always thought that Blood Warriors/ Blight Kings (and now, the Myrmidesh Painbringers) were something akin a Chosen or a Chaos Warrior. Tzeentch have Tzaangors (marked bestigors?) but I could see another new unit of heavy armored Tzeentch mortals too.

Tzeentch need Sorcerer-warriors (maybe along a plastic Curseling?). Everyone got their own brand of Chaos Warriors now, only Tzeentch lacks them... if they want lots of my cash, they better make it happen! 😇

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Haha it's definitely going to be Nurgle again. Everyone knows Nurgle needs a bit of love with new rules and where is that going to go except in the inevitable Alarielle book.

On the plus side maybe they will fix sylvaneth. Morathi was a great start for Idoneth so wishing good luck to the trees.

That’s all I hope for!  All the new lore so far is really exciting so I’m happy either way:)

2 hours ago, Rollcage said:

Aelves are basically the space marines of fantasy. Storm cast failed to be as popular as elves. So they do a big campaign of elf setup. 
I mean essentially they have 5 elf armies to setup into the story. 
Sylvaneth 

Daughters

Lumineth 

Idoneth 

Malerion shadow elves.

So the big army release we know is coming aligns with this because Slaanesh who is the ultimate elf villain is getting a major model release and update in the next few months potentially. Surrounding this Aelf campaign.

We already had Morathi, Alarielle and Idoneth in the book 1 of the campaign. But Idoneth and Alarielle were not resolved at all. The hint on the warhammer article basically tells us to expect a lot more Alarielle and Teclis. So it is logical to conclude more Aelf love to come. 

I think its great for the system that Stormcast are a faction rather than the faction. Aelves were pretty popular in WFB so its not a surprise they are heavily featured but I reckon AoS is more driven by creativity so the factions are a lot broader for it. Even if Aelves are the "poster boys/girls" for AoS- thats 5 very distinct factions which is a world away from what Stormcast and Marines offer in terms of variety. 

3 hours ago, Rollcage said:

My theory is it’s just an Aelf campaign as stated in the warhammer community article.

Alarielle  is soon, she spurns her allies because they are not helping and after the realmgate that Morathi opens.... she goes full angry bee mode. Probably allies with the new Kurnothi fae aelves as the mortal part of her tree “daemons”. Enemy update is nurgle and some warscrolls there. Prob zero model releases really, just lore setup for her kurnothi update. Slaanesh rising more in the story again.

I'd love Alarielle to come and mix it up- I'm really really hoping Kurnoth is reborn through this shake up resulting from Slaanesh getting free/loosening its bonds, possibly via the freed powerful Aelven souls.. The Kurnothi could be excellent - a separate court from Alarielle [I think they are more like beast-aelf daemons rather than mortals as they have those soul vessel things].

I didn't see/haven't seen Alarielle mentioned in regards to Broken Realms though? Did she feature in Morathi? She isn't mentioned in the "what's coming next " Warcom article .. I assumed the Slaaneshi stuff would be coming with a fresh battletome as it seems to be a big release rather than a Broken realms book but the Slaanesh Hedonites book is pretty recent?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I don't understand this post considering the design of our mortal foot troops for direchasm, Sigvald himself and the Lord of Pain. Also there is more to slaanesh than sexual appeal. That's still there in some of the new models in my opinion but I'm glad GW are exploring the uncanny valley mutations within the minature line as well.  

Well that’s my point you seeing something naked as sexual does not need to be sexual. 

Also sigvald being fully immersed in his chastise belt pecs armour is not sexual. 

I'd rather the approach taken was not to make each god's mortal faction a clone of 'normal' StD but with a red/blue/pink/green gloss. There's always going to be overlap but for the sake of playing differently I'd prefer them to deviate from the idea that each god must have a marauder-equivalent, a warrior-equivalent, a chosen-equivalent...

I think it's good that e.g. Tzeentch has weird flying magic archers and Slaanesh has elite daemon-riding light cavalry, or that Slaangors look to be small units of big guys compared to slightly horde-ier Tzaangors. If that means that not every god has everything - where are Khorne's flyers or light cavalry? Where are Tzeentch's heavy armoured infantry? - that's ok, there's still marked chaos warriors and other StD to draw upon.

That being said, I would like Nurgle to have a mortal unit that isn't Blightkings or flying Blightkings. Doesn't have to be Nurgle marauders though, maybe some sort of skirmishers or grenade-slinging dudes, twirling bolas made of toxin-filled human heads... Something weird and unique.

(I do realise that reducing units to X-equivalents can be reductive in how they operate in an army. Kairic Acolytes work pretty differently to Bloodreavers in terms of their warscroll and what battalions you use them in, even if we call them both marauder-equivalents.)

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I didn't see/haven't seen Alarielle mentioned in regards to Broken Realms though? Did she feature in Morathi? She isn't mentioned in the "what's coming next " Warcom article .. I assumed the Slaaneshi stuff would be coming with a fresh battletome as it seems to be a big release rather than a Broken realms book but the Slaanesh Hedonites book is pretty recent?

She was mentioned in the preview article of Broken Realms way back in August. and if that article is true, the story will indeed focus on the aelves and Alarielle will get a book. 

The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

Unquote

Alarielle is also mentioned in Morathi. Morathi convinces her to open the Ghyran Realmportal to Eightpoints. Without Alarielle the whole plan might not have worked. 

I think Alarielle and Teclis will get a book (or maybe in one together), but maybe not Tyrion and Malerion, and rest will be focusing on the other factions. 

50 minutes ago, Feii said:

Well that’s my point you seeing something naked as sexual does not need to be sexual. 

Also sigvald being fully immersed in his chastise belt pecs armour is not sexual. 

I can't believe I'm having this discussion. Right, I think I understand what you're trying to say. Ok, but my question is if GW simply makes models that are naked like Diaz daemonettes, with rows of ****** and the like, it is sexual. You can't really get around stripping something down to barely wearing any clothes and state it's not sexual in any manner.  Especially with the themes surrounding Slaanesh. The 3rd party casters, like creature caster who make slaanesh daemon models know what they're doing by designing them that way despite their horrific aspects.

The Lord of pain, the way he's designed with the flesh and hooks pulling on his flesh is meant to be grotesque, which is what I find appeal in, since that's meant to be an aspect of slaanesh, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking he does not have the raw sex appeal for someone out there. Considering how he's designed. 

As was said Enoby, I find the 3rd party stuff to be dreadfully dull. 

What I find fascinating especially with the two models on the left (below), along with many of the newer models for the slaanesh range is that GW went in a somewhat different direction where they made them attractive without stripping all their clothes off. In the case of Sigvald, when he was revealed all people really talked about is how handsome he was, and he's not stripped down naked to do so to provoke that reaction. On the other side of the coin we have the painbringers, who look like glorious heroes, but as I said in my last post upon closer inspection you see all the daemonic stuff across their armour. While with the twin souls, you enter the uncanny valley side of slaanesh. 

122036640_3322646524480821_2074473194918

Edited by shinros
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'd rather the approach taken was not to make each god's mortal faction a clone of 'normal' StD but with a red/blue/pink/green gloss. There's always going to be overlap but for the sake of playing differently I'd prefer them to deviate from the idea that each god must have a marauder-equivalent, a warrior-equivalent, a chosen-equivalent...

I think it's good that e.g. Tzeentch has weird flying magic archers and Slaanesh has elite daemon-riding light cavalry, or that Slaangors look to be small units of big guys compared to slightly horde-ier Tzaangors. If that means that not every god has everything - where are Khorne's flyers or light cavalry? Where are Tzeentch's heavy armoured infantry? - that's ok, there's still marked chaos warriors and other StD to draw upon.

That being said, I would like Nurgle to have a mortal unit that isn't Blightkings or flying Blightkings. Doesn't have to be Nurgle marauders though, maybe some sort of skirmishers or grenade-slinging dudes, twirling bolas made of toxin-filled human heads... Something weird and unique.

(I do realise that reducing units to X-equivalents can be reductive in how they operate in an army. Kairic Acolytes work pretty differently to Bloodreavers in terms of their warscroll and what battalions you use them in, even if we call them both marauder-equivalents.)

The Blightkings are a nice kit but I get what you mean. I painted a few Poxwalkers as a test, removing any guns or obvious 40k bits and they look really good alongside the Blightkings. So something like that could work?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Alarielle's Sylvaneth going against Beastmen too.

Harken back to the old Wood Elf vs Beastmen rivalry 

I had the same thought. Nurgle will always be Alarielle's natural rival, but it would be fun to allow different enemies to take front and center every now and again.

Still, a book that contained Sylvaneth, Nurgle, BoC, Skaven, and perhaps Flesheaters would be wildly thematic! (Technically Cities and Stormcast could get slotted into there as well, but that's probably true of every Broken Realms book, and I don't think we need that.)

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm of two minds on that one. The Tzeentch collector in me would love to see what armored wizard/warriors with the DoT aesthetic looked like, but I'm not sure that heavily armored warriors would fit the Tzeentch  thematic conventions. Granted, there's already the Curseling, and it would be awesome to give him an updated sculpt and then drop a few champions to support him, and it makes logical sense for Tzeentch to invest in heavy forces to round out his troops, but since when has Tzeentch ever been accused of logic or making sense? Heavily armored warriors are more of a coercive force, not the scheming, manipulative troops you get (lorewise) with the Kairic Acolytes, nor the magical mutative monstrosities you get with . . . everything else?  

Then again, wildly mutated heavily-armored warriors would be amazing and would perfectly compliment the Curseling. Bottom line, if they ever release that type of unit for Tzeentch, I'm pretty much guaranteed to pick some up, regardless of how they handle them.  Hell, I'm probably going to get some of the Myrmidesh Paingivers when they come out - just to have; and I don't even like Slaanesh!

Edited by OkayestDM

57 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

If it's okay for Tzeentch to not have their type of Warriors/Chosen for you, then it's totally okay for Nurgle (and Nurgle's been spoiled since 10 years in both systems, pun intended) to not have anything like Marauders-types either, you misguided follower of the Plague God. :P 

We want our armored Tzeentch dudes. Fast. Tzaangors are lovely and obviously the pinnacle of Beastmen but Tzeentch champions used to be both adept fighters AND sorcerers. Not on a Khorne level but not that far off either. This is the way. We are best. With the best God. The ONLY God. *devolves further in utter insanity, the rest of the fragmented scribblings make even less sense*

• Like 2