The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

After the revelations of Morathi which book do you think is most likely to be next in Broken Realms? Slaneesh seems most likely to me but they very well could wait a minute and release that after the next to show a passage of time.

I belive it will be one of the elven gods dealing with the Slaneesh crisis, followed by a destruction one that will bring a new threat to the mix. 

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

After the revelations of Morathi which book do you think is most likely to be next in Broken Realms? Slaneesh seems most likely to me but they very well could wait a minute and release that after the next to show a passage of time.

Broken Realms: The Green Suck

Goblin Vampire Sky Pirates descend on the mortal realms and completely derail the plot with their zany hijinks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, swarmofseals said:

Broken Realms: The Green Suck

Goblin Vampire Sky Pirates descend on the mortal realms and completely derail the plot with their zany hijinks.

Isnt that the Skaven role?

If there ever was a Grott/Skaven alliance of flying sky pirates, the Mortal Realms would be over.

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Teclis.

Previous actions taken by Morathi and Volturnos have involved him directly, and I’m pretty sure similarities between new slaneesh’ shields and vanari ones are not a coincidence.

My two cents.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Isnt that the Skaven role?

If there ever was a Grott/Skaven alliance of flying sky pirates, the Mortal Realms would be over.

The Skaven players will complain bitterly for like six months and then GW will release a headswap kit and declare that the faction was actually Vampire Skaven Sky Pirates all along, but then the faction will be abruptly squatted when a flaw in the headswap sprue design breaks the machinery for production. In three years that sprue will sell for over 100 on the secondary market.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Teclis.

Previous actions taken by Morathi and Volturnos have involved him directly, and I’m pretty sure similarities between new slaneesh’ shields and vanari ones are not a coincidence.

My two cents.

I hope Teclis does show up and has a book but I'm also hoping the next book is Destruction based, show us Gordrakk planning his assault!! I would love it if all these events were playing out at the same time thus Sigmar having to divide the Stormcast more than he already is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope Teclis does show up and has a book but I'm also hoping the next book is Destruction based, show us Gordrakk planning his assault!! I would love it if all these events were playing out at the same time thus Sigmar having to divide the Stormcast more than he already is.

I want a great event for Destuction, as same as Death, that’s why I think all new Slaneesh stuff is going to take all focus on them in the next book, and will be bad for our friends Godrakk and Nagash. 
First clean the aelven mess, then show me Godrakk’s attack and finally how Nagash get’s f’ed by rats again xD

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It looks like the next one is going to be Slaaneshi focus given that there has to be a rule supplement of some kind when they released them. There doesn’t look like there going to be a BR book in December either.

We will probably get a better idea after the BL preview (looking at next books),  like most I think everything is pointing to the next being Slaanesh in Jan. 

I think 3rd Ed will open with Destruction breaking the gate to Azyr and invading similar to Wrath of the Everchosen.

Edited by Marius au

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Was wondering this myself.. I suspect they might pull a classic tvseries stunt and take the story to whole different angle. I mean here we are already left in suspense for the newborn and the shenanigans its about to set into motion so the classic tvmove would be to visit destruction, Sylvaneth, Death or someone not at all related to the Morathi affair.

My guess and hope would be  Death but thats mainly due to Nighthaunts needing  a hug from the update fairy.

Also the Soulwars seem like it changed the world but I find it kinda hard to figure out how Nagash’s hosts are dooing? So far the Soulwars has been very standard narrative, in the sense that the world is turned upside down yet, nothings been destroyed/conquered. Katakros managed to kick the Varanspire in the nuts and build himself a bit of a holliday cabin  in the Eightpoints but that was it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragest said:

Teclis.

My two cents.

With all the Slaanesh reveals, I do hope it's Slaanesh, and afterwards we see the reactions to that from all the other factions, including what Teclis does. Mainly because if Teclis is next, it would likely mean that the Lumineth wouldn't receive any new models (which could very much be the case, but I of course hope they do). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

With all the Slaanesh reveals, I do hope it's Slaanesh, and afterwards we see the reactions to that from all the other factions, including what Teclis does. Mainly because if Teclis is next, it would likely mean that the Lumineth wouldn't receive any new models (which could very much be the case, but I of course hope they do). 

Normally I'd say any new Lumineth miniatures is this soon is unlikely.

However, the best arguments I can make for Lumineth recieving new models with broken realms comes from Three directions.

First: Gloomspite gitz got their massive release in February 2019, and then 2 months latter had the mounted loonboss come out with the looncurse box. (this isn't a perfect fit, as the mounted loonboss was just an updated sculpt, not a new warscroll, but it was a new model release shortly after a massive range revamp so I've included it)

Second: The release cycle was really messed up this year. It's reasonable to guess that Lumineth were supposed to be released back in April. And so a spring broken realms book with a new miniature or two would put that at a year after intended release. Still soon, in GW's normal release cycle. But not super crazy.

Third: Slaanesh. Slaanesh got a new battletome with a similar sized release to Lumineth in April 2019, and Are going to get a second wave release 20 months later. Considering how early GW finish Miniatures before they are released, this shows some evidence that they are willing to split releases or delay them to tie in with events. (mortal slaanesh coinciding with the Newborn event in Broken Realms) If that's the case, then Tying in a new Lumineth release with Broken realms seems far from impossible. 

+++

All told, in terms of my level of expected surprise. I'd arbitrarily give a new lumineth Hero (single model release) to tie in with Broken realms a 40% chance of occurring. I'd give a larger release (Like a new elemental temple) a 20% chance of happening. 

• Like 2

That's about what I think too. And the 20% only because Slaanesh seems to be getting a larger range of models, and GW has made so many remarks during the Lumineth release (even calling that the "initial release" on WarCom) that this was just the start (plus all the concrete info in the BT about further units form Temples to the Tyrionic side). Still more likely that they receive nothing or maybe a hero plus a unit. 

16 hours ago, shinros said:

The horns are meant to represent Slaanesh, The dark prince has the same type of horn-style, it's actually blessing he gives out narrative wise and it's an actual mutation in black crusade (40k) table top. 

Realm of Chaos 2nd edition

15611_sm-Artwork,%20Chaos,%20Copyright%2

AOS

4fercivik8z01.jpg

Sure sure. But no. Nothing will disrupt that gorgeous face. Not even being smacked in it by gordrak (?) during the end times. 

I seem to remember that’s what happened right? He was supposed to stop gordrak and gordrak cur up his face and sent him off. Or something like that? 

My theory is it’s just an Aelf campaign as stated in the warhammer community article.

Alarielle  is soon, she spurns her allies because they are not helping and after the realmgate that Morathi opens.... she goes full angry bee mode. Probably allies with the new Kurnothi fae aelves as the mortal part of her tree “daemons”. Enemy update is nurgle and some warscrolls there. Prob zero model releases really, just lore setup for her kurnothi update. Slaanesh rising more in the story again.

Teclis after that maybe with trying to tame slaanesh as he is rising with the mortal release coinciding as the big bad of the aelf pantheon. Tyrion rocks into the scene with some hints of the second Lumineth Realm lords release. Slaanesh fights the lumineth forces. 

Finish with Malerion and the shadow aelves. Full army release around the same time frame or following his introduction into the story. Tyrion teclis enlist Malerion for assistance against Slaanesh forces. 

Probably mix in some other armies along the way, or maybe Gorkamorka shows near the end and pummels slaanesh face in. 

Anyways that’s my speculation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like in one of the promotions for Broken Realms they stated that this would eventually effect every faction?

I personally hope that Slaves to Darkness gets something a little more compelling than a niche, albeit still cool, sub-faction... 😐

I trust on Archaon

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Sure sure. But no. Nothing will disrupt that gorgeous face. Not even being smacked in it by gordrak (?) during the end times. 

I seem to remember that’s what happened right? He was supposed to stop gordrak and gordrak cur up his face and sent him off. Or something like that? 

He busted up his hands beating Krell to (extra)death, then got backstab-facesmashed by Throgg

14 minutes ago, Rollcage said:

Teclis after that maybe with trying to tame slaanesh as he is rising with the mortal release coinciding as the big bad of the aelf pantheon. Tyrion rocks into the scene with some hints of the second Lumineth Realm lords release. Slaanesh fights the lumineth forces. 

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but Lumineth could wait a bit before other micro-armies recieve a second wave. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but Lumineth could wait a bit before other micro-armies recieve a second wave. 

Aelves are basically the space marines of fantasy. Storm cast failed to be as popular as elves. So they do a big campaign of elf setup. 
I mean essentially they have 5 elf armies to setup into the story. 
Sylvaneth 

Daughters

Lumineth 

Idoneth 

Malerion shadow elves.

So the big army release we know is coming aligns with this because Slaanesh who is the ultimate elf villain is getting a major model release and update in the next few months potentially. Surrounding this Aelf campaign.

We already had Morathi, Alarielle and Idoneth in the book 1 of the campaign. But Idoneth and Alarielle were not resolved at all. The hint on the warhammer article basically tells us to expect a lot more Alarielle and Teclis. So it is logical to conclude more Aelf love to come. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

He busted up his hands beating Krell to (extra)death, then got backstab-facesmashed by Throgg

oh man, now I really need to reread that stuff. But that sounds familiar. And the rage smashing was because of a Krell causing a scar?

Or did I just make that part up?