The Rumour Thread

It seems that most AoS designs come from pre-6edition 

Even if I really love 6e, I really dig the new designs that they are pulling off. They fit perfectly even if they are not my cup of coffee (new slaanesh dudettes).

Hope the rules are lore-friendly and fun for both players.

36 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Just that artwork makes me wonder why I hesitated if I should buy the tzeentch battleforce. It's so awesome

The sad fact for me is that the tzeentch art has been removed from the 2nd battletome, it was in the first. But the 2nd tome still has some REALLY good art pieces in there. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

@Neverchosen that’s a good point - I was always a fan of the “honorable combat” version of khorne myself. I’m somewhat indifferent to the senseless slaughter angle, but it seems kind of 1 dimensional to me. Hopefully vorgaroth’s lore is more indicative of a future approach to khorne - I love that he got caught up dueling a daemon prince for stealing his kill lmao.

18 hours ago, Overread said:

Far as I can tell these are the stories which are as yet not currently in one of the Five Omnibus editions

City of the Damned 
Golgfag’s Revenge
Gotrek & Felix: Myths and Legends (Death and Glory!, Lord of Undeath, The Lost Kinsmen)

End Times stories
1 Kinslayer
Rememberers (short story)
2 Slayer

So there's potential for 2 more Omnibus. One that includes the last two stories and then the myths and legends stories of the original tales and then a final "End Times" collected Omnibus. 

Thanks for pointing this, City of the Damned was actually reprinted in 2019 as part of Reader's Choice 2018, hence the confusion.

Golgfag's Revenge, are you sure contains Gotrek? Black Library does not mention anything.

Death and Glory! is in Omnibus 1 and Lord of Undeath is in Omnibus 2.

So a new Doom of Gutrek Gurnisson omnibus containing the remaining short stories could be possible and lo and behold, Omnibus 6 is actually a reality! In Amazon is scheduled for 8th June 2021.

For who is interested Inferno volume 6 is scheduled for April 2021.

Brace your wallets people those Battleforces are landing next weekend!

Also for those who might have death army like flesheaters, FW is releasing some neat bat monsters for Lord of the Rings that would likely look great as counts-as/conversions/monsters/general beasties in your army

FAMPXFw3BsFUO1LB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Thanks for pointing this, City of the Damned was actually reprinted in 2019 as part of Reader's Choice 2018, hence the confusion.

Golgfag's Revenge, are you sure contains Gotrek? Black Library does not mention anything.

Death and Glory! is in Omnibus 1 and Lord of Undeath is in Omnibus 2.

So a new Doom of Gutrek Gurnisson omnibus containing the remaining short stories could be possible and lo and behold, Omnibus 6 is actually a reality! In Amazon is scheduled for 8th June 2021.

For who is interested Inferno volume 6 is scheduled for April 2021.

Ahh yes you're right about the first two I'd missed them.

I'm not sure about Golgfag's revenge. It's not a story I've read but I have put it in the list, but I was doing lists for all the old world stuff and it might have slipped into the wrong list by accident, or by casual reference or such. Will have to see if anyone has read it to confirm if Gotrek appears or not. 

And a new Gotrek for 2021 is fantastic! Just enough time to read through the latest then!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I’m a bit surprised (and a touch disappointed) there isn’t an OBR battleforce this year. 

I figure the problem is GW likely made one, then realised that it was likely a 2K army in one box with discount ;) Ossiarchs, for an eilte army, have very fair prices on things. 

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I can understand the initial reaction, if you don’t like the association with bulls, yaks, cows or whatever you want to call them. But calling them “garbage” etc. is just uncalled for. 

They are poorly executed models. We all discussed that already.  Teclis is an Ugly model with barely any visual center, most units are top heavy beyond and reason, the cows have paper thin legs and huge montain shoulders and the Hamerers are the worst ofender using "that thing" they call hats.

And dont give me the "But elves always use tall hats!" There is no amount of centuries and balance a elf use live to use an entire yak as a hat.

Heck even the mage you use as a profile picture was screwed up. Just as Teclis, great art but GW was like "Hey, it is looking good, lets Lumineth it up!" and gave him that horrible body proportion and pose to "fix" it up.

Dawnriders are great models but to me (and this is pretty subjective) are way generic compared to old Dragon Blades with their unique Horse masks.

Eltharion is amazing but his looks are his own and n one share his visual identity and that sucks.

• Like 3

I mean I can understand why people would be disappointed with the Lumineth not being High Elves and what not (though I don't really have a problem with the Lumineth), but I don't understand why Slaves to Darkness are being questioned by say "it's not fair they just got resculpts." From a lore perspective though it makes sense. Arachaon won, which is what caused the end times, and as such his culture survived. He didn't have to rebuild his forces from scratch or re-engineer the way his recruit worked, or even go as far to make a new race from scratch. He just said "Oh cool, there are humans (and apparently Elves, Dwarves, Ogres and what not)" once they fall to Chaos I will do what I always do with them.

TLDR: There was literally no reason to reimagine Chaos Warriors from a lore perspective or otherwise. This is also taking into account they are probably the single most iconic thing from Warhammer Fantasy and one of the most recognize fantasy concepts of all time. High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, etc. are not unique to the Warhammer universe and GW wants unique entities from both a recognition and legal stand point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Athrawes said:

@Thiagoma Your anti Lumineth bile is getting boring.

Go troll some other group for a while, I hear Sigvald has a thing for trolls so maybe the Slaaneshii aesthetic is more up your alley anyways. 

Sure, i dont intend to post about it anymore.

As i said before, if you like Lumineth just enjoy it. It was suposed to be a single post venting not start a whole ordeal.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, novakai said:

Also up is a highly encouraging development. They are showing new faction dice that you can read! That have a symbol only on the 6!

Fingers crossed this means they've figured out that dice are gaming tools, not decorative items for a shelf.

I look forward to future dice following suite.

20201122_134500.jpg

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I mean I can understand why people would be disappointed with the Lumineth not being High Elves and what not (though I don't really have a problem with the Lumineth), but I don't understand why Slaves to Darkness are being questioned by say "it's not fair they just got resculpts." From a lore perspective though it makes sense. Arachaon won, which is what caused the end times, and as such his culture survived. He didn't have to rebuild his forces from scratch or re-engineer the way his recruit worked, or even go as far to make a new race from scratch. He just said "Oh cool, there are humans (and apparently Elves, Dwarves, Ogres and what not)" once they fall to Chaos I will do what I always do with them.

TLDR: There was literally no reason to reimagine Chaos Warriors from a lore perspective or otherwise. This is also taking into account they are probably the single most iconic thing from Warhammer Fantasy and one of the most recognize fantasy concepts of all time. High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, etc. are not unique to the Warhammer universe and GW wants unique entities from both a recognition and legal stand point.

Oh it is nothing against Slaves to Darkness or such, it is just an example.

Chaos Warriors timeless classics and for one i love the fact that they received new modern sculpts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

So in the end we come to conclusion that visual tastes and opinions are fully imdividual, be it lumineth, twinsouls or anything else. What a revolutionary idea indeed

Yep.

All arguments about Lumineth's designs were already made and nobody will change his mind at this point.

Imo,  it's pointless to continue.

• Like 3