Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, El Syf said:

So death get shafted... again! 

On the plus side/semi amusing they’ve named a planet Metalica! 

*Looks at GTA Death* 101 models

*Looks at Destruction* 93 models

*Looks at Chaos Dwarfs* zero plastic :(

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

*Looks at GTA Death* 101 models

*Looks at Destruction* 93 models

*Looks at Chaos Dwarfs* zero plastic :(

 

Hey chaos dwarfs at least get mentioned in lore and still have the option to use FW, all fimir get a small island in ghyran and 2 models that you can't even get.

Edited by Grim Beasties
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Fortunately they said both the twinsouls and painbringers is a dual kit box. So you might be able to put the helmets on both models.

Thank you for using the correct spelling of dual.

 

As for the new Fabulous One, I'm stoked to *finally* be able to make a truly perfect sexually transmitted disease army.

There will be two competing/cooperating generals, one him and one Nurgle, exhorting their troops to spread the love each in their own way. Two great tastes that taste great and gross together!

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, El Syf said:

So death get shafted... again! 

On the plus side/semi amusing they’ve named a planet Metalica! 

Metalica has been the name of a Forge World probably since Forge Worlds were a thing in 40k. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

*Looks at GTA Death* 101 models

*Looks at Destruction* 93 models

*Looks at Chaos Dwarfs* zero plastic :(

 

1

Warcry-Spire-Tyrants-Frenzied-Rager-Warhammer-Age-of.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Slaanesh players have been waiting a really long time for mortals.  The rest of the Chaos pantheon has pretty robust mortal ranges. Let them enjoy their releases.

Saying that Slaanesh doesn't need new releases because other Chaos factions have plenty of choices would be like saying "Fyreslayers don't need more models (which they desperately do) because the Kharadon range exists" or "Deepkin shouldn't get anything because Daughters of Khaine got a new hero this year."

I know it's a bummer than the Cities of Sigmar factions have gotten essentially nothing, but it doesn't make other factions releases into the game any less noteworthy and useful.
 

Games Workshop don't release things on the basis of fairness or equality for their ranges though. They sell what's good for the IP,  and the Slaanesh centrality of that has been obvious since the release of second edition. 

Storytelling and Lore will always sell more for GW than equal representation on the tabletop. Always has been the case, always will be. Theres zero reason to ever expect in either 40k or AOS for there to be anything approaching parity in faction representation. The fiction is what drives the product and no popular story has ever been about 15+ protagonists equally. 

The basis of Warhammer is that Chaos is the narrative centre, so its model ranges are always evolving and involved (although again, never equally) and the main protagonists are those close to it at any point. You have your side factions who have their own stories which are explored in off-season moments but basically if your narrative dosent place you close to Chaos, you dont get to come off the bench as it were until that changes.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Metalica has been the name of a Forge World probably since Forge Worlds were a thing in 40k. 

That’s embarrassing; I’ve been in the hobby 20+ years and don’t ever recall it being a thing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great preview! Those Slaanesh minis look absolutely awesome. Now Im not gonna build a Slaanesh army but boy do I hope that they will be in the Warcry grabd alliance book. 
But hey GW what about the Halloween tease? Said to be revealed soon.

Whats the deal with that Zombie/Dryad/Spaghetti monster that scared of poor old Johan?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nos said:

Games Workshop don't release things on the basis of fairness or equality for their ranges though. They sell what's good for the IP,  and the Slaanesh centrality of that has been obvious since the release of second edition. 

Storytelling and Lore will always sell more for GW than equal representation on the tabletop. Always has been the case, always will be. Theres zero reason to ever expect in either 40k or AOS for there to be anything approaching parity in faction representation. The fiction is what drives the product and no popular story has ever been about 15+ protagonists equally. 

Right, which is why Chaos is the 2nd largest Grand Alliance. Chaos is the primary opposition to the forces of order, and has been since WHFB. Not to say that Death and Destruction aren't important, but Chaos has always been a central pillar to all the narratives of GW universes. It's the most enduring concept in the history of their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Of course, we couldn’t showcase such a magnificent character without also giving you a peek at some of the forces he’ll be commanding."

If I understand this correctly, Sigvald will be commanding more forces. Maybe Slaanesh mortals is the whole new army for this year, Like LRL for the previous one? I also think I am starting to collect a new army or at least a small force of nice models ;).

Hoping to see the next BR book at BL preview. I wonder if they release another batallion boxed sets alongside. Would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitzrael said:

"Of course, we couldn’t showcase such a magnificent character without also giving you a peek at some of the forces he’ll be commanding."

If I understand this correctly, Sigvald will be commanding more forces. Maybe Slaanesh mortals is the whole new army for this year, Like LRL for the previous one? I also think I am starting to collect a new army or at least a small force of nice models ;).

Hoping to see the next BR book at BL preview. I wonder if they release another batallion boxed sets alongside. Would be great.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing those Slaangor in all their glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, novakai said:

fantasy rubric marines go

Rubric Marines are always my first love  but I‘ll take any Tzeentch warriors! 😂 Just armored would be cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do hope GW does not start to separate the army in demons and mortals. Just one "big" book Slaanesh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I loaded the preview this morning and just saw the tile with Sigvald's torso I assumed Fulgrim and Emperors Children - I'm actually really excited that it's Slaanesh mortals instead.  Lack of mortal models was the only thing that stopped me getting a Hedonites army last time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😍 Wow! These Age of Sigmar models are brilliant!

Those Chaos Warriors in the Direchasm Slaves to Darkness warband are off the chart good - can't wait to paint them! As for Sigvald and his attendants, finally those patient Slaanesh players have got some love. Those troops with the helmets may be the best Chaos infantry models ever made. Just something Blanchian about them. Amazing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that Sigvald model looks suitably fabulous and those elite warriors seem to be an excellent kit [the odd head is a bit off but doubtless there will be a few options as well as just to use the helmeted heads]. Looks like slaanesh mortals will get a [un]decent release.. not my thing but great to see a fresh faction arrive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I'd be the first to jump on the bandwagon of wanting plastic Chaos Dwarves, but for now I'm just glad that nothing in the AoS preview has caught my eye this time. i think I'm going to be a bit busy with Lord of the Rings...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ, just watched the video for Sigvald!!! Don’t play Slaanesh but that almost made me want to but the model which could be a good shout if soulblight turn out to be hot garbage modelwise...

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also spilled the tea that Sigvald is, in fact, Slaanesh‘s offspring (Newborn). At some point Eddy Eccles called him a Demi-God. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nagash42 said:

I hope slaangor don't overshadow the mortal units like tzaangor do. 

that is way i dont want slaangors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They also spilled the tea that Sigvald is, in fact, Slaanesh‘s offspring (Newborn). At some point Eddy Eccles called him a Demi-God. :)

But in the book the newborn is described to have glittering wings. Even though Sigvald is a demi-god, doesn't mean he is the newborn.

Edited by shinros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...