The Rumour Thread

That price as far as i can tell has been made up, it would be 140-145 in gbp which makes no sense. Blood of the phoenix was that price and look how well that sold, despite having hardcore 40k eldar & dark eldar players needing the models.

If anything it will be a cheap set(i would think 70£-90£ max) as they would want to appeal to the casual market.

1 minute ago, Svalack said:

That price as far as i can tell has been made up, it would be 140-145 in gbp which makes no sense. Blood of the phoenix was that price and look how well that sold, despite having hardcore 40k eldar & dark eldar players needing the models.

If anything it will be a cheap set(i would think 70£-90£ max) as they would want to appeal to the casual market.

It would be about £125 I think (the £120 giants are €150). 

It’s not going to be cheaper than the last one. That’s not how GW do. 

Just now, Still-young said:

It would be about £125 I think (the £120 giants are €150). 

It’s not going to be cheaper than the last one. That’s not how GW do. 

there is no confirmation on 160 euros price, he said he made it up? Unless i'm missing something

• Thanks 2

there is no confirmation on 160 euros price, he said he made it up? Unless i'm missing something

There’s no confirmation yet, but he didn’t say he made it up. The prices are posted every week and we have this same thing of ‘there’s no confirmation!’ And then when there is confirmation it’s the same price, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 2

I just saw another person say that it will be €150 and the starter boxes will be €42.50. That's still too expensive. It has 12 fewer minis than the previous box. Anything more than the same price as the first box is too much. 

Just now, Still-young said:

There’s no confirmation yet, but he didn’t say he made it up. The prices are posted every week and we have this same thing of ‘there’s no confirmation!’ And then when there is confirmation it’s the same price, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

I cant imagine it being more than 100£, the largest 40k set is 105£ retail. That one would has more sprues too i think. 90-100 is possible but 120? for 2 small warbands and terrain, it would be a hard sell. They can get away with single models like the giants because its usually people that are already playing buying them.

4 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I cant imagine it being more than 100£, the largest 40k set is 105£ retail. That one would has more sprues too i think. 90-100 is possible but 120? for 2 small warbands and terrain, it would be a hard sell. They can get away with single models like the giants because its usually people that are already playing buying them.

The last Warcry starter was £100, and it’s not going to be less because that’s not how Games Workshop do their prices. £120-125 is entirely believable with GWs latest prices. Disappointing for sure, but not surprising at all. 

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

The last Warcry starter was £100, and it’s not going to be less because that’s not how Games Workshop do their prices. £120-125 is entirely believable with GWs latest prices. Disappointing for sure, but not surprising at all. 

true, im just hoping if the 160euro is indeed the correct price that it is a huge markup in that country. I know very few people in my shop will be buying it if its over 100. 160 euro is like 145£ if its a direct conversion.

43 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I can imagine it. 
Core Book: 32,50
Warbans 2x 40
Terrain sets: 70-80
Total: 182,50-192,50

And then all the extra markers etc. So in their minds it's a 30-40 euro discount. But it's so expensive. 

On a side note. Although its not a lot of big terrain pieces. It's a surprising amount:

image.png.b338430f6579c7ebaf23066ab2532cf4.png

2 big walls, the stair/altar, 4 wooden bridges, 2 metal bridges, 10 doors/arches, 5 spiked walls, 10 scatter terrain pieces.
It does lack height in terrain, although you could argue that the lava adds height in the board.

Edited by Kramer

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I don't think thats true at all. Not to mention that the Dutch language incorporates a lot of english. 

Wikipedia seems to agree with me, but that's not always the most reliable source. But I can't find any source that list more words for english than dutch

Massive tangent, but the 400.000 word count is every word from 1500 to 1976, under 25% are still in use, the word count in the current dictionary is reported to be around 90.000, 100.000 for German, and 171.476 (words currently in use) for English. Languages are listed more than once in the list. I don't have a Dutch dictionary, but I'm sure "borrowed" words like computer and training are in there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Massive tangent, but the 400.000 word count is every word from 1500 to 1976, under 25% are still in use, the word count in the current dictionary is reported to be around 90.000, 100.000 for German, and 171.476 (words currently in use) for English. Languages are listed more than once in the list. I don't have a Dutch dictionary, but I'm sure "borrowed" words like computer and training are in there.

With or without compound words? I just say Fußbodenschleifmaschinenverleih. 😎

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

RIP Warcry (for me).

Trying to ask myself from a neutral point of view how this offer compares: Just the starter box gives you a complete board game, without the strengths of a tabletop (very limited variability in setup and warband composition). For 160€, there may be better offers.

If you want the strengths of a tabletop (huge variety in setup and composition) you’d need to invest in many addons. And, again, there are a lot of better offers.

So, no.

• Like 1

That's €30 more than a box that came out a year and a half ago. Comes with... 12 fewer models (no raptoryx, no furies) and maybe half the terrain or a little over half. And that's terrain that's less useful for anyone not playing this new mode of Warcry, less useful for anyone turning it to AoS terrain.

Comes with another small book but we don't know if the original campaigns for the 8 chaos warbands - and every other warband for that matter - have had their terrain rules updated to account for this. As in if you want to play the Scions of the Flame campaign with all its convergences, you do not have enough terrain to play it as laid out in the core rulebook.

Yeah I'd considered this because I like the Scions models but at that price, oof. As a starter kit it's a lot less attractive.

• Like 7