The Rumour Thread

From the end of the warband article:

It won’t be long before you can field these new warbands in your games of Warcry – they’re coming very soon! If you’d like to learn more about them and the setting of Warcry: Catacombs, make sure you pick up Black Library’s tie-in novel, Warcry Catacombs: Blood of the Everchosen, which will be released alongside them too.

As we have the release month of the book as october it basically confirms that the new set will drop 24 or 31 of this month.

Edited by Arzalyn

30 minutes ago, novakai said:

news about Warcry

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/15/warcry-lore-scions-and-shadowstalkers/

some background info on Scions and shadowstalkers

I'm pretty excited for the Scions. I know Warcry Warbands aren't really special in AoS but I sure hope these guys have a decent rule because I for sure want to field them in my Khorne S2D army.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

You are bound even by gravity, I see no ratfolk in the skies except in pieces after an explosion.

I'm sorry, haven't you heard about Much-Great Sky-Kill  Air Armada of Arch-Warlock Steelklaw? Wherever you go, Skaven are not that far away! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Neither do the Kharadron. I vote against religious discrimination.

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

I'm afraid in a universe where actual gods wander around the place hitting stuff they don't like with hammers they get the casting vote and you're overruled. now pipe down & get back to hoovering the clouds.

Go lick your god's toes, we are doing science here!

1 hour ago, michu said:

You're bound by laws-rules of physics. We are free to do whatever we want, yes-yes!

#Warpstoneisbetterthanaethergold

You are bound even by gravity, I see no ratfolk in the skies except in pieces after an explosion.

But do come closer, the Chekhov has a few choice words about physics it would love to share (they are inscribed on cannonballs).

You all squish as easy as the rest!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Not much I can disclose without betraying the Person‘s trust. ^^
But it looks like Good times Are ahead for one of the armies I am playing (meaning more models than we CURRENTLY have). And that it was certain that AoS would get it’s fair share of releases before the end of the year (depending on COVID Lockdowns ofc).

I play:

LoN, DoK, S2D, IDK, CoS (and all their splintered subfactions), S2D Slaanesh, a bit S2D in Tzeentch and SCE. :)

Can you disclose the alliance? Would be ace if IDK got a new battletome maybe some models but I doubt they would 

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

i think its interesting is that some of the Khainite shadowstalkers  have made pacts with shadow daemon  (what kind of daemon they are is up in the air)

I suspect though obviously have nothing to base this on that we're going to increasingly see a diversion between AoS and 40K in terms of what a 'daemon' is. 

and whilst the trad chaos daemons will still be DAEMONS as we know it we could see, in lore if not models, a lot more magical creatures that are more like elemental spirits of the realms.

I mean we do already have a few examples of this in model form, in some ways Sylvaneth as a whole could be looked on like that but then it's even more leaned into with things like their Gladewyrm, like wise the Fyreslayers Molten Infernoth and of course the big Lumineth's big mountain cow (and all the in lore talk of light spirits).

I just assume Shadow Daemons will be Ulgu's version of elemental spirits but because their edgy goths - Daemons, despite its prior chaotic connotations, sounds better.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Interesting thing to note - Shadow Deamons. Considering that thus far deamons come from Chaos this suggests another source of such demonic creatures other than the realm of Chaos itself (since DoK would never ally with chaos at all) 

Aren't Seraphon keyworded as Daemons too though? (I'm not sure with the recent update.)

In that case, daemon would just be a specific classification of spirit? Perhaps more common or "physical" than the Lumineth spirits of the realms?

50 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That is the question. The person couldn’t tell because it is not into AoS at all, though it knows the factions by name

So could just be warcry, Underworlds and broken realms. Which to be fair is alot. 

If there is a new battletome coming out I would expect it to be daughters of Khaine or deepkin.

I think its a big call to expect a big release of models now - we seem to know most model releases up to november. If there's an army-scale release coming that would be a huge surprise right now - if anything I'd expect 40K to get releases as we've seen teases for that already. 

31 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think its a big call to expect a big release of models now - we seem to know most model releases up to november. If there's an army-scale release coming that would be a huge surprise right now - if anything I'd expect 40K to get releases as we've seen teases for that already. 

Let's breakdown what we know is to come 

Warcry

Broken realms and blood and shadows

4 40k codexs 

House of iron 

Underworlds

Possibly bloodbowl this year

Xmas box sets 

That's 8 or 9 weeks depending if broken realms and the blood and shadows box set is released over 2 weeks. 

From next week there are 9 more weeks of releases up to Xmas so I can't see a army release this side of Xmas 

I hope I'm wrong tho!! 

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

There always the big AoS Christmas release that they seem to like doing over the last few year. (Though Last year was a bit smaller since it was either the chaos release and the small aether war box)

I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to see something like the Slaves to Darkness release in December, where a faction gets a new Start Collecting with new miniatures, some spells, and a new Battletome (though if it's an up to date Battletome I suppose this part could be skipped). If GW were to do something like that DoK and IDK would both be good candidates as they have older Battletomes, smaller ranges, and no endless spells.

5 hours ago, Overread said:

Interesting thing to note - Shadow Deamons. Considering that thus far deamons come from Chaos this suggests another source of such demonic creatures other than the realm of Chaos itself (since DoK would never ally with chaos at all) 

Sure seems like a tease for what comes later

3 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to see something like the Slaves to Darkness release in December, where a faction gets a new Start Collecting with new miniatures, some spells, and a new Battletome (though if it's an up to date Battletome I suppose this part could be skipped). If GW were to do something like that DoK and IDK would both be good candidates as they have older Battletomes, smaller ranges, and no endless spells.

either that or something bigger in January like what they did with Maggotkin and Gloomspite release where they market it during the holidays