Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Cambot1231 said:

One of the big GW rival companies just announced the release of their "Vampire Pirates" collection of models... They had done a similar daemonettes release just months prior to the Slaanesh release.... Fingers crossed that bodes well for a GW Vampirates army on the horizon.  Not to mention a fair number of Rumour engines fit in line 

Man I'm going to spend a LOT of money if SoB and Vampirates come out in short succession...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

One of the big GW rival companies just announced the release of their "Vampire Pirates" collection of models... They had done a similar daemonettes release just months prior to the Slaanesh release.... Fingers crossed that bodes well for a GW Vampirates army on the horizon.  Not to mention a fair number of Rumour engines fit in line 

Who's the rival company? The only big ones I can think of is Mantic and Warlord Games but can't seem to find any news about vampire pirates 

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Raging Heroes, perhaps?

Ugh that seems to be it, well that is no good. I guess each to their own, but their approach to just about all their miniatures is beyond cringy to me and looks like something to be kept in a very private environment. 

GW probably has a lot of interesting things coming, although their time table got hit very hard. Lumineth almost already feel old, even though they are not even released yet properly.

I can't wait to see the next big release, and I am not talking about giants here, but the next major narrative thread. It seems to close in on a time when "something" needs to happen after wrath of the everchosen. Everyone's been updated, to more or less success, now what?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

veryone's been updated, to more or less success, now what

I’m kinda of expecting:

- narrative supplements that add new things like a new set of endless spells, special terrain, specific sub factions, etc.

- book updates with a small model release. So for example Maggotkin of Nurgle with a plagueGor release.

- new factions added. Although I sometimes wonder if it would be a good things for the balance. But in the end it does make things more interesting and makes a lot of money I expect. Possibly, shadow elves, grotbag scuttlers and non free city dwarfs. Maybe Valaya themed. 

- and after a while AoS 3.0. But I struggle to think what really needs a rework. Maybe if they decide to give terrain the new 40k treatment. But don’t know if that needs a full edition change. The core rules feel very solid to me. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I’m kinda of expecting:

- narrative supplements that add new things like a new set of endless spells, special terrain, specific sub factions, etc.

- book updates with a small model release. So for example Maggotkin of Nurgle with a plagueGor release.

- new factions added. Although I sometimes wonder if it would be a good things for the balance. But in the end it does make things more interesting and makes a lot of money I expect. Possibly, shadow elves, grotbag scuttlers and non free city dwarfs. Maybe Valaya themed. 

- and after a while AoS 3.0. But I struggle to think what really needs a rework. Maybe if they decide to give terrain the new 40k treatment. But don’t know if that needs a full edition change. The core rules feel very solid to me. 

New PlagueGors and Free City Duardin? Yes please!!

I'd love for their to also be more female Duardin which I think is par of the course if they choose to have Valaya as their god. But as for PlagueGors I'd love to see updated sculpts for these guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

Raging Heroes, perhaps?

From what I’ve seen, this company is scum that just piggybacks off gw and has no original ideas of their own. Everything is a direct copy of gw stuff, but just different enough to avoid legal problems. Either that or over sexualised trash

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Imho, we could see some more polished designs.

But appart from that, it's all about wishlisting. What do you want to see? Everyone has some type of preference in playing this game, and new edition could (and should) shake up the whole game. 

Maybe a new phase? Maybe a new stats for all warscrolls? Maybe new type of keyword/role? Maybe new type of damage?

• LOVE IT! 1

I really hope they’ll give IDK some love soon. Although with Lumineth launching next month that might be it for aelves this year...

• Like 1

Bring Nagash back down to 800  or less, now he's lost so many of the benefits he had (realm spells when they were a whole lore not just the singular crappy spell we have now, Petrifex +1 save, multiple after save saves, access to spells of all other wizards in LoN there's probaly more)?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

New PlagueGors and Free City Duardin? Yes please!!

I'd love for their to also be more female Duardin which I think is par of the course if they choose to have Valaya as their god. But as for PlagueGors I'd love to see updated sculpts for these guys.

Beasts of Chaos have a pretty good model spread, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mind seeing an updated return of some of the god-specific units I've heard tell about.

None of the current duardin really do it for me (which is a pity because I've always loved dwarves in fantasy settings), but somebody had suggested a woodland ranger type army of Duardin would be fun, and I find the idea extremely appealing. If GW goes that rout and manages to come up with a good aesthetic for them, it'd be a hard thing for me to say no to.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

But appart from that, it's all about wishlisting.  What do you want to see? Everyone has some type of preference in playing this game, and new edition could (and should) shake up the whole game. 

Maybe a new phase? Maybe a new stats for all warscrolls? Maybe new type of keyword/role? Maybe new type of damage?

Well, if we're wishlisting . . .

Updated warscrolls for sure, especially for the armies earlier in the publication cycle.

Redesign for monsters and monster-style units so that bringing our pretty

centerpiece models doesn't feel like we're crippling our armies.

Changing up the shooting phase to make it more mutually engaging (combat phase is "I go, you go," why not shooting as well?)

Reevaluate saves, ward saves, rend, and mortal wounds. I feel like it wouldn't take much for these to start getting woefully out of hand. Sometimes less is more, and I wouldn't mind if they eased off on the escalation we've been seeing with them lately. For a game with an average 5 battleround limit, it surprising how many matches can be worn or lost before round 2 has been completed.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

Beasts of Chaos have a pretty good model spread, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mind seeing an updated return of some of the god-specific units I've heard tell about.

None of the current duardin really do it for me (which is a pity because I've always loved dwarves in fantasy settings), but somebody had suggested a woodland ranger type army of Duardin would be fun, and I find the idea extremely appealing. If GW goes that rout and manages to come up with a good aesthetic for them, it'd be a hard thing for me to say no to.

Well, if we're wishlisting . . .

Updated warscrolls for sure, especially for the armies earlier in the publication cycle.

Redesign for monsters and monster-style units so that bringing our pretty

centerpiece models doesn't feel like we're crippling our armies.

Changing up the shooting phase to make it more mutually engaging (combat phase is "I go, you go," why not shooting as well?)

Reevaluate saves, ward saves, rend, and mortal wounds. I feel like it wouldn't take much for these to start getting woefully out of hand. Sometimes less is more, and I wouldn't mind if they eased off on the escalation we've been seeing with them lately. For a game with an average 5 battleround limit, it surprising how many matches can be worn or lost before round 2 has been completed.

I dont think I was the first to mention them but I did suggest Ranger style Duardin. With the Lumineth taking on Aspects of the Mountain, a traditional Duardin trope it would be interesting to see these Ranger Duardin take on a Hunter/Stalker woodland trope more associated with Aelves. 

I'd also love to see more of the God Specific BOC. It would be a good way to update their range and seeing as we already have Tzaangors the Plaguegors would be a great addition followed by Slaanesh and Khornegors. 

• Like 1

On topic of Audio Books, I've never bought one from GW. Are they a CD or Digital with packaging? Or better yet is it a CD with a Digital Version? 

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On topic of Audio Books, I've never bought one from GW. Are they a CD or Digital with packaging? Or better yet is it a CD with a Digital Version? 

You get to chose if you want a physical CD or the mp3 download when you buy it.  Many of the audio books can be got on Audible too, which brings the price down by a significant amount - the Gotrek ones were in the region of £30 (though it was across 4 CDs).

• LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

From what I’ve seen, this company is scum that just piggybacks off gw and has no original ideas of their own. Everything is a direct copy of gw stuff, but just different enough to avoid legal problems. Either that or over sexualised trash

Most of GW's stuff is derivative of something else, they're hardly the pinnacle of originality and most of Raging Heroes' offerings look to be pretty standard demonic fare you'd see everywhere from other fantasy settings to heavy metal albums. Calling them 'scum' is a bit far, just because you don't like the similarities - there's plenty of companies out there who do Not!40k much, much, more closely. I don't like the cheesecake style either, but to each their own really. They don't offer anything I'd be interested in buying, but more alternatives to buying 'official' GW models that people're willing to pay for doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I don't know that I'd use the term "scum" (maybe bottom-feeder or ghoul), and, just being honest here, I really rather enjoy the pinup style of art they use, but I'm with you on the idea that they pretty much have their business model as "Hey, what that over there? Something popular that was developed over years of product evolution at a large expense and with great risk but that is now selling well? I guess we should just copy them and ride their coat tails all the way to the bank."

Their stuff looks great, but they would not exist if they had to do their own thing rather than being a parasite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

You get to chose if you want a physical CD or the mp3 download when you buy it.  Many of the audio books can be got on Audible too, which brings the price down by a significant amount - the Gotrek ones were in the region of £30 (though it was across 4 CDs).

Awesome thanks mate!! I'd have to buy a CD player so I should definitely grab the Digital.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

warscrolls up for the new war bands, if you can keep them alive long enough to chuck them at something big the orruk lads are nice and straightforward and could do some fun damage

the DOK one too is thankfully not too complicated with half a dozen different weapon profiles. wish they'd go back and re-do some of the older WHU warscrolls.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-warband-warscroll-previews/

iLLS3MR4CtRTr3U6.pdf IJ3vCzuu2DmvGzun.pdf

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

Just now, JPjr said:

warscrolls up for the new war bands, if you can keep them alive long enough to chuck them at something big the orruk lads could do some fun damage

iLLS3MR4CtRTr3U6.pdf 4.62 MB · 0 downloads IJ3vCzuu2DmvGzun.pdf 3.13 MB · 0 downloads

DoK warband is quite good and fixes a major issues for them, with hags being sniped, having one with a 4+ transfer wounds bodyguard can be quite good in the current meta.

Ironjawz warband is absolutely terrible, adds nothing interesting and the boss is even worse than a regular Brute boss, he only gets +1 attack to regular brute weapons, while a regular brute boss has 3-4 attacks with dmg 2 (4+ to hit with 4 attacks). These 3 guys have to kill a monster to get anything beyond a regular brute unit warcroll. I'd pay 130 points for instead of 90 for 2 more brutes and a stronger boss... Very disappointed, especially seeing the DoK one fixing the exact same issues Ironjawz have for their warchanters.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think that the new LoN/SoB army will be just that, not vampirates. Vampirates maybe for the future old world... But let´s see!!

All the Death armies are always welcome 🙈

Edited by El Antiguo Guardián
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I don't know that I'd use the term "scum" (maybe bottom-feeder or ghoul), and, just being honest here, I really rather enjoy the pinup style of art they use, but I'm with you on the idea that they pretty much have their business model as "Hey, what that over there? Something popular that was developed over years of product evolution at a large expense and with great risk but that is now selling well? I guess we should just copy them and ride their coat tails all the way to the bank."

Their stuff looks great, but they would not exist if they had to do their own thing rather than being a parasite.

I can largely take or leave Raging Heroes art style, and agree that quite a few of their ranges are designed as warhammy proxies.

However, that argument that all they do is copy GW really falls down when it comes to their new pirate range. They are literally making an army which *doesn't* exist in warhammer at present! Its something which lots of people have been clamouring for over the last year or so, they've seen that and decided to do it. Maybe that can be seen as cashing on on the total war game, but to me it looks more like seeing a demand which GW isn't catering to and doing it themselves.

While lots of people want a vampire pirates army from GW there is zero evidence that they're actually working on one at present. Maybe it will come, i'd certainly be excitied if it did, as that's right up my street. However, if something like that does get released for AoS in the next year or so, then it seems far more likely that both companies have seen the demand and decided its a good niche, rather than that Raging Heroes have some sort of secret inside information about what GW are working on.

Right now it would actually be kind of awkward to use those models in AoS, while I can think of a least a couple of other games they'd be perfect for (Ghost Archipelago for a start).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I think that they are copying the Warcry system with these new warband profiles. It's a simpler system designed to make the unit work in an AoS game where you don't really want 5 or more units each with their own complicated profile, but each one basically being a "troop" level unit with one hero leader. 

I've enjoyed the Warcry profiles and they are functional and flavourful without being overwhelming. They suit their purpose. 

Makes me all the more excited for the DoK warband! 

Posted (edited)

They sure are extracting every penny out of those push-fit models. Fair play I guess.

seems to only be US & Germany again though. Shame I’m always up for a quick boardgame, actually anyone know from past experience if the German sold copies of these come with English text? I can easily pop across the border, assuming Belgium isn’t sealed off again soon.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-board-games-coming-soon/

53A25E48-1253-494D-BD21-96A7CC13C847.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1