The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Has this been confirmed?

I know the art showcases Idoneth fighting Daughters of Khaine, but is it confirmed that the other tomes will be updated? I would personally love to see an update to Legions of Nagash if this were true.

hmm, So going by the stream again

Broken Realm Morathi is going to be release  along with the Shadow and Pain box (so November) 

its the first book of a mega series narrative for Age of Sigmar, its much akin to the Realmgate Wars series, not sure if it all related to just  the Aelven gods but it is suppose to cover a large space in the setting.

Over arching narrative

Outside of DOK, they didn't really go into if it had stuff for Idoneath or slaanesh outside of the artwork, 

on the last question, Eddies Eccles stated that all of the various Battletome faction would get new content from the Broken realm series (new ways to play,  New lore, New units, New models, etc).  the preview article said that  "these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more."

i would take it with a grain of salt until they start announcing the other Broken realm books are, but it does feel like something similar to 40k PA books. 

Of course i don't know if every army is getting new models, but lore and new rules seems about right for all Battletomes

• Thanks 1

I could see the first three being:

Morathi - Daughter of Khaine, Idoneth, and Hedonites set in Ulghu

Allarielle - Sylvaneth, Maggotkin, Beasts of Chaos set in Ghyran

Teclis - Lummineth,  and not sure.

The rest could possibly be done by god, for example Gorkamorka - focus on Orruks, Cities of Sigmar and Stormcast, set in Ghur and the seige of excelsis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I don't think anything much has been confirmed - but in the article it states that "the aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death." So Death is at least mentioned. : )

I find it more likely that this starts with updating two of the oldest factions (which happen to be aelves), throw in a bone for one of the weaker ones (Sylvaneth) and maybe provide an additional one or two models for one of the smallest releases they have done so far (Lumineth) and then move on to the other factions - than it being about aelves all the time, and culminating in a release of even more aelves. 

This quote to me also points more into that direction in my opinion: "This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more."

I know a lot of people are excited to see Malerion and Tyrion (me too), but I have my doubts about Broken Realms heading into that direction. 

i think the paragraph your reading is mostly related to this book not Broken realm as a whole series

Also Slaanesh would be the other faction that most likely to get an updates here and they are only year old as a battletome and not Aelves

i think which faction get model is probably going based on the state of their range, like how DOK lack a non caldron hero until the Ironscale and how Slaanesh lost all their mortal hero during their battletome so they get the Lord of Pain. so i guess that would be Seraphon, BoC, Bonesplitterz, and other armies that lack plastic heroes

• Thanks 1

Is it possible the Morathi codex provide updates for all the other mentioned Aelf armies in one lump sum similar to the 40K psychic awakening codex's that supported multiple armies within the one codex?  Or is it confirmed it just covers DOK + Slaanesh only?

The blurb and art gave the impression that IDK, Lumineth and Sylvaneh are also chucked in this war depending how its spread out.

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Is it possible the Morathi codex provide updates for all the other mentioned Aelf armies in one lump sum similar to the 40K psychic awakening codex's that supported multiple armies within the one codex?  Or is it confirmed it just covers DOK + Slaanesh only?

The blurb and art gave the impression that IDK, Lumineth and Sylvaneh are also chucked in this war depending how its spread out.

Nothing confirmed. But I believe that all Aelves will get rules in Morathi's book.

At this stage all we really know is that Morathi is on the front cover and that the book has some lore/stories about her. We've no real hints on what faction(s) will get rules nor even if there's any rules of any specific kind in the book. We just know its coming. Chances are as its likely for November we won't hear any details until October at best (which is already going to be a month chock full of 40K Necron, Marine and likely hints at the next codex)

• Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'd like to see some real gameplay before I raise my hopes for this.

But if it turns out to be the AoS version of DoW...

Well there are DoW 1 &  2 devs on the team, but considering the game is cross-platform I'm not expecting a traditional rts game. I highly suspect it's going to be turn-based. 

Edited by shinros

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Well there are DoW 1 &  2 devs on the team, but considering the game is cross-platform I'm not expecting a traditional rts game. I highly suspect it's going to be turn-based. 

I don t care if its  real time or turn based ,i hope to khaine it will have TWw levels of diversity(aka many distinct factions/races)and its fun.By Asuryans crispy nuggets i will have my cow elves even if i have  to challenge Gotrek himself to a drinking contest!

Edited by The lord of murder
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Shame on turn based. Thats probably a pass for me. 

I was hoping for DoW 2 styled gameplay. 

Considering its on console I think it was a given that it would be turn-based. Despite my love for the rts genre its largely dead save a select few ips. I think this descision was made to ensure the game sells.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I dunno...

But in the trailer many things seem wrong...

Hope we can see the gameplay soon.

I agree, it does not look very polished, sort of janky and models like the palador just seems off and low budget, just look how it moves in the end of the trailer with that rear cam, ugh, nothing like the rapid lightning fast gryphchargers in the AoS lore or even close to how the models look and appears to move.

The stardrake breathes fire... yea... that really knocks down my expectations to any lore friendly representations of the AoS universe and that was what we really needed! Other media to explore the mortal realms, shows us the spectacle of how and where these cultures and soldiers live and fight. Instead I fear we will be getting some generic units in generic fantasy setting X with little ties to the lore .

I really hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling this wont scratch any itch for an AoS experience to really sink the teeth into.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 4:15 PM, novakai said:

the only difference is GW has recently tone  the always  vs Chaos narrative approach and gave the spotlight to Necrons./Xenos and Nagash /Death in the last two years or so.

granted SCE have taken a back seat in AOS compare to the yearly SM release in 40k, though i think because AOS had a lot more room to grow and release new stuff.  but i still think very likely SCE will still get a big release in AoS 3.0

I agree that I think Stormcast will likely be in the next starter set, although Devoted of Sigmar would be great.

But as far as 40k, at least in regards to starter sets, there has been more Xenos than Chaos. Marines remain a constant but throughout the editions only two sets have had Chaos. 

22 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

just look how it moves in the end of the trailer with that rear cam,

That palador is even more odd. He rides gryph-charger and wears shock-axe and his helm looks like a lord-aquilor but the stripes on his armour and the anvil pattern on his left shoulder look more like sacrosanct style. Moreover he wears a round shield which never has been seen for vanguard or sacrosanct  unit. Maybe he is a customizable hero, or maybe the creator just don’t understand the design elements at all...

Edited by Whitefang

10 hours ago, shinros said:

Considering its on console I think it was a given that it would be turn-based. Despite my love for the rts genre its largely dead save a select few ips. I think this descision was made to ensure the game sells.

One of which happens to be the Old World IP in Warhammer Total War ;)

Heck if the Relic team hadn't gone down the moba rabbit hole then the other would likely have been Dawn of War 3. 

That said I agree that RTS is often a very poor fit for consoles so a solid turn based affair would be superior for a game that is aiming to go into consoles and handheld units. 

3 hours ago, Overread said:

One of which happens to be the Old World IP in Warhammer Total War ;)

Heck if the Relic team hadn't gone down the moba rabbit hole then the other would likely have been Dawn of War 3. 

That said I agree that RTS is often a very poor fit for consoles so a solid turn based affair would be superior for a game that is aiming to go into consoles and handheld units. 

Warhammer fantasy was lucky that the IP was picked up by CA, total war is the only big rts ip left. Problem is the warhammer total war community is quite stereotypical unfortunately.

Dawn of war 3? I found the complaints silly in light of dawn of war 2 which had far more moba-like mechanics, to me it seemed like with the third game they tried to mix the two and satisfied none. I hoped they would of spent time to fix the game, but as Relic said they didn't bother because as you know the non-hobby fanbase are never satisfied. When they hate something, they'll always hate it. Just look at AOS and the reaction to the new game trailer. 

I hate using this word, but I think by large I've found people who "enjoy" warhammer and don't do the hobby are quite... toxic when it comes to the games. They fail to realise warhammer is quite a niche ip still in the grand scheme of things. Plus I suspect the license is expensive hence why we don't see many AAA games with the ip. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1