Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Ggom said:

Hear, hear! Conga lines are unthematic and (I think) the rules should provide guardrails that don’t encourage this as the strategic play.


Big unit blobs are likely also the bane of painters who want to play. Painting the same dude 30x2 times is pretty boring, unless you are really into the meditation thing or “lower the bar.” It doesn’t matter if you are a pro painter or new to it, it’s extremely tiring painting the same model to the best of your abilities over and over again to the same level. It is unfortunate that many battalions are so restrictive around unit choices and encourage spamming blocks of the same thing. 

I would love to see:

  • More viable unit choices within factions 
  • More flexible battalions
  • Less incentive for giant blobs of units across the board. Sure, allow it, even encourage it for select factions, but maybe not for 90% of them
  • Rules that don’t lead to the evolution of conga lines in play
     
23 minutes ago, Kasper said:

They already have done this with the introduction of “wholly within” buffs/auras/command abilities though. Whenever a new book comes out, largely all the rules are updated to a longer range by wholly within instead of just within. 

Let's see if AoS 3.0 has the same rule as WH40k 9. Edition, that larger units (need to models next to them to be in coherrency). In 40k it is when you have 6 or more models in the unit, but many units in 40k are just 5-10 Models.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

My very random predictions for battleforces:

OBR, Slaanesh, Fyreslayers, Mawtribes and a dark horse candidate of Cities of Sigmar.

I was thinking Slaanesh as well but Wrath and Rapture was not a great success and not many of the new models (heroes) would fit a battle force so the models on the battle force would match that old duel box... not sure... fyreslayers is a strong candidate. Cities is so varied that I don’t see it feasible but would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

a dark horse candidate of Cities of Sigmar.

What does that mean?

Oh, that's an english idiom for an unexpected choice. Sounded like an Anvilgard box with some Scourgerunner Chariots and Dark Riders.

Edited by Bayul
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ggom said:

Painting the same dude 30x2 times is pretty boring, unless you are really into the meditation thing

That's a matter of opinion. While I do enjoy the "therapy" of painting the same guy 70 times, the main thing I like about single-pose, one-part models is how it makes an army look like an army and not just a loose band of like-minded fighters.

I respect that you find it boring, but for some of us, the loss of the option to get 50-200 of the same exact guy and paint them all is a real bummer in an otherwise exciting hobby.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ggom said:

Big unit blobs are likely also the bane of painters who want to play. Painting the same dude 30x2 times is pretty boring, unless you are really into the meditation thing or “lower the bar.”

You hit the bar 100% here. There is the odd guy/girl who is absolutely mad and enjoys sitting there painting the same model 60-120 times but that same person probably has full on conversations with themselves and maybe their models too and lives in the attic at your local game store 🙃. Looking into DOK right now and the thought of someone painting 60+ witch aelves is insane...balanced tomes prevent all work and no fun making nerds dull boys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NkfPanda said:

You hit the bar 100% here. There is the odd guy/girl who is absolutely mad and enjoys sitting there painting the same model 60-120 times but that same person probably has full on conversations with themselves and maybe their models too and lives in the attic at your local game store 🙃. Looking into DOK right now and the thought of someone painting 60+ witch aelves is insane...balanced tomes prevent all work and no fun making nerds dull boys. 

Contrast. It's good. Especially for flesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, NkfPanda said:

There is the odd guy/girl who is absolutely mad and enjoys sitting there painting the same model 60-120 times but that same person probably has full on conversations with themselves and maybe their models too and lives in the attic at your local game store 🙃

Maybe show something close to a little respect for people who are not the same as you.

Calling people you've never met "absolutely mad"  and implying they are socially inept is really uncalled for.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Maybe show something close to a little respect for people who are not the same as you.

Calling people you've never met "absolutely mad"  and implying they are socially inept is really uncalled for.

Maybe be a little less insecure? We know no one lives in an attic at the hobby store and the last line was in reference to the shining for emphasizing how painting the same mini can be maddening (hopefully that word didn't upset you as well). I didn't think you were socially inept until that comment to be honest. But this is for rumours I guess and not jokes or neckbearding around so we should probably end with agree to disagree.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

My very random predictions for battleforces:

OBR, Slaanesh, Fyreslayers, Mawtribes and a dark horse candidate of Cities of Sigmar.

Ossiarchs I think are a given. Stormcast will inevitably get one.

I think we'll see Maggotkin as I don't believe they've been in a Battleforce yet and have a decent range,, but Slaanesh is a good contender.

Fyreslayers could happen, but their range is so limited I'd not be surprised if they didn't see one.

 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, NkfPanda said:

I didn't think you were socially inept until that comment to be honest.

Implying that now you do.

 

It's not about me, personally, being insecure. I'm content. I'm happy. I just thought your casual disregard for mental health and social awkwardness was off-putting and potentially damaging to those who genuinely do suffer from these difficulties.

 

We try hard to be friendly and inclusive here, and your flippant remarks fly in the face of that.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+++ MOD HAT +++

That's enough of that...

@NkfPanda please check what you type before posting, calling other members inept or implying they may be mad isn't acceptable. or what we expect from members.

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paging @KingBrodd this could be a pretty good clue as to when you’ll get your big boys 

CEB5D11C-AA68-422B-82CF-196684F0430F.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Paging @KingBrodd this could be a pretty good clue as to when you’ll get your big boys 

CEB5D11C-AA68-422B-82CF-196684F0430F.jpeg

OH MY GOD!?!?!?! THIS MUST BE THE NEW BLACK LIBRARY NOVEL THAT WAS TEASED!! OCTOBER 10TH HELL YES I WAS HOPING FOR AN EARLY OCTOBER RELEASE!! 

Thank you so much for posting this mate!!

  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

OH MY GOD!?!?!?! THIS MUST BE THE NEW BLACK LIBRARY NOVEL THAT WAS TEASED!! OCTOBER 10TH HELL YES I WAS HOPING FOR AN EARLY OCTOBER RELEASE!! 

Thank you so much for posting this mate!!

Looks more like an Audiodrama to me. The picture is a CD case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Paging @KingBrodd this could be a pretty good clue as to when you’ll get your big boys 

CEB5D11C-AA68-422B-82CF-196684F0430F.jpeg

Wow, that image has me so pumped for Sons. I didn't realize until now how much I am looking forward to even just the artwork alone for this faction.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of traumatised survivors telling stories about their encounters with giants around the campfire is a good one. Dig into the folktale aspect.

By Old Bones, I swear I tell the truth. It was thiiiiss biiiiig...”

  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

Looks more like an Audiodrama to me. The picture is a CD case.

This will be my first Audio Drama then which means hopefully there is also a novel coming!! Or at least this Audio book in physical at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow, that image has me so pumped for Sons. I didn't realize until now how much I am looking forward to even just the artwork alone for this faction.

Mate I cannot wait to get my hands on the Battletome, swear down I am so pumped for this Faction, this artwork alone has my hype, somehow even more so, elevated.

50 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The idea of traumatised survivors telling stories about their encounters with giants around the campfire is a good one. Dig into the folktale aspect.

By Old Bones, I swear I tell the truth. It was thiiiiss biiiiig...”

It's the perfect way to introduce the Realms and the world to the Sons. 

It sounds like World War Z but with Gargants as the antagonists!!

  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

The idea of traumatised survivors telling stories about their encounters with giants around the campfire is a good one. Dig into the folktale aspect.

By Old Bones, I swear I tell the truth. It was thiiiiss biiiiig...”

They already did that in the IDK Battletome. 

"I shall tell thee, boy, of what happened to the town of Westmorr, what you know now as just the Old Ruins. ’Twas an odd day, for that morn we awoke to the smell of the sea – passing strange, for the salt winds had never carried so far..."

Edited by Sonnenspeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a good angle, can see why they went with it there. Perfectly suited for the audio format too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Looks more like an Audiodrama to me. The picture is a CD case.

Well, that and it says ‘audio drama’ :P

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Let's see if AoS 3.0 has the same rule as WH40k 9. Edition, that larger units (need to models next to them to be in coherrency). In 40k it is when you have 6 or more models in the unit, but many units in 40k are just 5-10 Models.

As long AoS largely sticks to wholly within type auras I don't think think 9th ed 40k unit coherency is needed at all.  

For all of 8th ed 40k's life cycle there existed ugly unit formation exploits from stringing units out all along the front (bubblewrap) and back (deep strike denial) of deployment zones.  Some units even having the numbers and distance (remember 40k unit coherency is 2" not AoS's 1") to hold two objectives at the same time.  That's before getting involved with units having little tails to be within HQ auras.  Heck, 8th edition didn't even really punish units that the player purposely allowed to be out of coherency like AoS  and 9th ed 40k have. 

AoS in contrast, already has counters to strange/gamey unit formations.  Sure, go ahead and stretch your horde unit out into a max spaced long line.  Just don't do against one of the factions that gets to pick the model removed.  Not to mention, AoS generally being more melee focused means less of your units are contributing in fights.  If anything, I think AoS should consider adding more formation buffs similar to the Lumineth's Shining Company rules. I wouldn't mind seeing more factions forming more traditional rank and file shapes that do eventually break into more of a skirmisher formations mid/late game if needed. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CEB5D11C-AA68-422B-82CF-196684F0430F.jpekuJN2ERAT8HIR5cdcLENoPv8XYrqt4OZvInQdB9T

I've spent the afternoon pouring over the Audio Book cover and have concluded that it is indeed this image shown for Black Library Coming Soon.

Same angle, same coloured background.I cannot wait for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 One of the big GW rival companies just announced the release of their "Vampire Pirates" collection of models... They had done a similar daemonettes release just months prior to the Slaanesh release.... Fingers crossed that bodes well for a GW Vampirates army on the horizon.  Not to mention a fair number of Rumour engines fit in line 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...