The Rumour Thread

On 8/25/2020 at 3:21 PM, sandlemad said:

Yeah, that's far more basic flintlock/'primitive' than some of the sci-fi pistols with old timey flair you get in 40k for AdMech or rogue traders.

Some sort of freeguilds adventurer in whatever the theoretical new WHQ is? Or a WHU cities of sigmar warband.

Or yeah, vampire pirate, though it might be worth noting that for Total Warhammer 2, the developers did go out of their way to make Luthor Harkon's pistol look a bit more vampire-y.

rF8Kt8jiEzi7OoYq.jpg 

well looks like time to raise the flag and warm your singing voices idoneth deepkin has their enemies founded by bone daddy himself

17 minutes ago, khadgar567 said:

well looks like time to raise the flag and warm your singing voices idoneth deepkin has their enemies founded by bone daddy himself

There was in one recent community article a lot of emphasis on the Idoneth being discovered by Nagash after the Skaven dug in the wrong place and emptied an entire sea and Nagash not appreciating what they do (Part of Malign Portents plot threads). 
It would be hilarious (but also as megalomaniac as Nagash is) if Nagash after creating the Ossiarch to mock and fight the Stormcast would have created a sea themed undead army to mock and fight another group of souls stealers!

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

WHU Direchasm

Slaanesh vs Lumineth 

Skinks and pals

OBR

Soulblight 

IDK

Bonesplitterz

New stormcast

This is my prediction. 

I'm also going to go out and say AoS 3 will feature dragon elves as a new launch army for starter sets.

Will swap your Stormcasts with a CoS Devoted warband.

I dont think AoS 3 will have ScE on its starter box. Maybe Lumineth on the "hero" side?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Will swap your Stormcasts with a CoS Devoted warband.

I dont think AoS 3 will have ScE on its starter box. Maybe Lumineth on the "hero" side?

i don't know that like saying GW are not going to put Space marines as the starter army for ever new 40k edition, it just going to happen regardless

i don't think they are going to change that pattern for the foreseeable future,

also Lumineath are harder to paint so are probably not starter kit material

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

i don't know that like saying GW are not going to put Space marines as the starter army for ever new 40k edition, it just going to happen regardless

i don't think they are going to change that pattern for the foreseeable future,

also Lumineath are harder to paint so are probably not starter kit material

I think GW shifted away from the Stormcast focus and we wont get ScE as a starter next edition, but indeed you are right when it comes to painting dificult on the current Lumineth range, but nothing is stoping a wave of "simple" models for the faction (there is still 3 temples to go).

Who knows?

LRL, IDK and DoK are all too fiddly to be considered as suitable for starter armies. It's not just the case of making etb units for the box set itself, but rather needing the existing range to be accessible to a new player who expands on their starter set. 

However, elves are evidently extremely successful in driving fantasy sales. At least GWs desire to release multiple new elf factions in the last 5 years indicates that.

This leads me to believe the long anticipated Malerion elves are going to be in the starter for the next edition and feature a more new player friendly design of large elite dragon themed units. I also suspect we will see new paints to assist in achieving smokey shadow effects without the need for advanced techniques.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think GW shifted away from the Stormcast focus and we wont get ScE as a starter next edition, but indeed you are right when it comes to painting dificult on the current Lumineth range, but nothing is stoping a wave of "simple" models for the faction (there is still 3 temples to go).

Who knows?

Stormcast are still the posterboys of the AoS brand. GW's absolutely done a good job of restraining themselves in recent years from lavishing them with the focus they used to, especially compared to Space Marines, but they're still front and centre of the marketing and brand recognition. To that end I still think we'll see Stormcast feature in the starter set, especially if GW starts flexing it's IP into other mediums and wants something iconic Lil Timmy can recognise. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Who knows?

Definitely not. Especially in markets like China and Asia in general, SCE are HUGE. There's a gigantic market of people who buy purely for the fun of it or just to collect, and they really drive the SCE sales. I don't see a time any soon where AoS / 40k isn't led by SCE / SM.

• Like 1

the only difference is GW has recently tone  the always  vs Chaos narrative approach and gave the spotlight to Necrons./Xenos and Nagash /Death in the last two years or so.

granted SCE have taken a back seat in AOS compare to the yearly SM release in 40k, though i think because AOS had a lot more room to grow and release new stuff.  but i still think very likely SCE will still get a big release in AoS 3.0

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Stormcast Eternal with a unit of Freeguild against Ironjawz and Bonesplitters for 3.0 Starter Set? 

Excelsis' Stormcast Eternals with fortifications and Ironjawz with battering rams for 3.0 starter set?

Edited by Bayul
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

For the AOS 3rd ed. Starter set that is 100% coming between now and Summer 2021 (trust me :P) I could see : 

- Devoted Of Sigmar (Order of Azyr, Art-deco heavy armored Warrior priests, Free cities update, etc., including some redesigned Stormcasts units !) vs Orruk Ironjawz - Siege of Excelsis story arc

- Devoted Of Sigmar (same as above) vs Shadow Elves (with "beginner-friendly designs" like @HollowHills said), as a conclusion to the Broken Realms story arc and if the Grand Alliances rules are removed (after some kind of Order civil war started by Morathi, Teclis and Alarielle in Broken Realm), to be replaced by the Allies Matrix from the GHB 2020. 

• Like 1

Isn’t it more likely we get 3 books - Morathi, Alarielle, Teclis - that’s the three aelf gods they mentioned in the broken realms blurb - which will conclude the story line with Slaanesh and update a whole bunch of armies with a few new models and rules, and then move on to something different for AoS3? 

I mean I’m all in for more aelf stuff all the time, but wouldn’t that be off putting for a lot of people? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Isn’t it more likely we get 3 books - Morathi, Alarielle, Teclis - that’s the three aelf gods they mentioned in the broken realms blurb - which will conclude the story line with Slaanesh and update a whole bunch of armies with a few new models and rules, and then move on to something different for AoS3? 

I mean I’m all in for more aelf stuff all the time, but wouldn’t that be off putting for a lot of people? 

Supposively it like PA and helps all the armies before 3rd edition it just that Morathi is the first book, at least that what they where aluding too on the stream, i didn't read the preview article that deeply

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Supposively it like PA and helps all the armies before 3rd edition it just that Morathi is the first book, at least that what they where aluding too on the stream, i didn't read the preview article that deeply

Has this been confirmed?

I know the art showcases Idoneth fighting Daughters of Khaine, but is it confirmed that the other tomes will be updated? I would personally love to see an update to Legions of Nagash if this were true. Also Nurgle did technically get updated fairly recently with Wrath of the Everchosen so will they get a bigger re-work?

As someone relatively poorly versed in Psychic Awakening what type of updates are we to expect? Is it just new battaltions and sub-factions or should we expect full on warscroll and faction traits to be updated?

Edited by Neverchosen

I don't think anything much has been confirmed - but in the article it states that "the aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death." So Death is at least mentioned. : )

I find it more likely that this starts with updating two of the oldest factions (which happen to be aelves), throw in a bone for one of the weaker ones (Sylvaneth) and maybe provide an additional one or two models for one of the smallest releases they have done so far (Lumineth) and then move on to the other factions - than it being about aelves all the time, and culminating in a release of even more aelves. 

This quote to me also points more into that direction in my opinion: "This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more."

I know a lot of people are excited to see Malerion and Tyrion (me too), but I have my doubts about Broken Realms heading into that direction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1