The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

Have you not seen last years Slaanesh releases? It was pretty much the Core aesthetic for all the new stuff

We didn't have mortals. Considering the Hellstriders they could've pushed the greek hoplite theme rather than Persian. Also the double trouble are daemons, despite how our big boy has been lifted literally from 300.  

edit:I'm actually glad they went with Persian, considering DOK are greek themed, it fits. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

The things I love most in warhammer are elves and Slaanesh mortals. So You can imagine I’m really happy with what I saw when I just looked on warhammer community. The warcry shadow elves are cool, might get them. But then there are both Lumineth and Slaanesh mortals coming for underworlds, so excited. BUT THEN there is a new storyline evolving for AoS focusing on elves and Slaanesh! This is a good day😊 I’m really pleased with the look of the Slaanesh mortals and what can be seen of the new Lumineth warband looks great too. 

what a time to be alive 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

And speaking of themes. Am I the only one thinking Splintered Fang look great in a Slaanesh army?

This has been brought up before, another poster made a great point that the Splintered Fang might just be the tribe most of the Hellstriders come from. The white dwarf alluded to that considering the warcry warbands are our low-bar chaos followers, the tribes that worship the gods in concepts etc.  

The splintered fang is what made me personally believe slaanesh's mortals might of taken a greek bent instead of what we have now. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

There's several models that only feature in a getting started set

Such as? I can’t think of anything that’s exclusive to a bigger box and hasn’t been released separate. 🤔

but again I expect all the special characters to get a separate release nowadays. Just think it’s funny that they just stick with those two only being available in a bigger box. 

2 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

And speaking of themes. Am I the only one thinking Splintered Fang look great in a Slaanesh army?

No you are not. 
also kairic acolytes work very well in my mind. 
so I’m very excited with a new mortal Slaanesh model to bring into the fold :) 
image.jpeg.61f7cf22454a8ae2b24152c2fdba1d06.jpeg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, shinros said:

We didn't have mortals. Considering the Hellstriders they could've pushed the greek hoplite theme rather than Persian. Also the double trouble are daemons, despite how our big boy has been lifted literally from 300.  

edit:I'm actually glad they went with Persian, considering DOK are greek themed, it fits. 

Didnt have mortals but a very coherent and apparent style was finalised.  The new mortal champion is just a smaller Syl'Esske. Also of all the pantheons the mortals likely to look least mortal and most decadent and quasi demonic were always going to be Slaanesh due to their penchant for corporeal expression and experimentation.

The Hellstriders have nothing Hoplite about them besides the Corinthian helmet which was just a style of helmet used all over the ancient world for hundreds of years across civilisations all over the Mediterranean and Fertile Crescent. They have plenty of the piercings, silks, whips and bare flesh established elsewhere throughout the range though. 

Not that there is much "Persian" about them either. Persians wore more clothes than the Greeks and were considerably more modest in that sense. 

But they are excessively "Frank Miller makes up a Persian civilisation which is the antithesis of Western idealised classical heterosexual masculinity". 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Such as? I can’t think of anything that’s exclusive to a bigger box and hasn’t been released separate. 🤔

but again I expect all the special characters to get a separate release nowadays. Just think it’s funny that they just stick with those two only being available in a bigger box. 

Korgoth - Magmadroth there might be others in 40K and such. It's not always done, but it is done.

22 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

DEATH PIRATES ARMY LETS GO!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

X4fxFEKEuD4biEHr.jpg.f21220b273a0cf7216f695c3cf1254bb.jpg

Wow!, a lot of new info in one piece of art. 

This is not actually new art. This was originally from the End Times Khaine, and was most recently used as the background image while Teclis was narrating the Idoneth Deepkin reveal video from 2 years ago. Strange that they keep using this old piece of art to showcase new releases. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

Didnt have mortals but a very coherent and apparent style was finalised.  The new mortal champion is just a smaller Syl'Esske. Also of all the pantheons the mortals likely to look least mortal and most decadent and quasi demonic were always going to be Slaanesh due to their penchant for corporeal expression and experimentation.

The Hellstriders have nothing Hoplite about them besides the Corinthian helmet which was just a style of helmet used all over the ancient world for hundreds of years across civilisations all over the Mediterranean and Fertile Crescent. They have plenty of the piercings, silks, whips and bare flesh established elsewhere throughout the range though. 

Well, I'll take your word for it. That's just the impression I got considering the nod to the splintered fang and the hellstriders by the writers in the white dwarf and the old metal lord snake lord. Considering those models I just didn't see them making a character with pantaloons.   

zhMiMr1CSyQT78IH.jpg

Edited by shinros

2 hours ago, madmac said:

There was something like 9 Psychic Awakening books, each one focusing on around 2-4 factions, released monthly or near monthly until 9th edition, with at least one new model release with each book.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

well since they named the books after Characters my prediction for the Books would be

Broken Realms: Nagash (death)

Broken Realms: Allareille (life)

Broken Realms: Teclis (light)

Broken Realms: Gordrakk (can be called Gorkamorka, but have Gordrakk picture on the cover) (beast)

Broken Realms: Archeon (allpoints) though we did have Wraith of the Everchosen

Broken Realms: Grungni (iron)

Broken realms Gotrek or Grimnir (fire)

Broken Realms: Sigmar (azyr)

Seems to be 9 is a common number, as per Psychic Awakening, personally I feel as though there wont be nearly as many.

42 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Seems to be 9 is a common number, as per Psychic Awakening, personally I feel as though there wont be nearly as many.

i guess it would depend on how many army are focus in each book

Edited by novakai

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Very true. With 24 Factions including the Sons of Behemat there could very well end up being 9 books. Though I think the Sons and perhaps the Lumineth wont recieve any updates. 

well they said that about Sister of Battle too but they got a PA supplement in the end as well so

My thoughts on today's announcements:

New Warcry: Day 1 purchase for me. I like both of these new warbands and Warcry is my favorite way to play AoS.

Broken Realms: I like narrative elements and campaigns. I was a big fan of Malign Portents. I don't know if Broken Realms is for me if theres a ton of books that focus only on elves (I have no elven models.)

44 minutes ago, novakai said:

well they said that about Sister of Battle too but they got a PA supplement in the end as well so

Interesting. I'd love if through the Broken Realms, we end up receiving King Brodd. I cant think of many other ways they would add to the roster for the Sons so soon after their release. 

I really like the warcry miniatures and scatter terrain. The Underworld miniatures seem also very cool,  I don't think that I can resist them. The Skink is also very cool and promising for the rest of the warband. To be honest when they talked about one of the most wished factions for underworls I was hoping for freeguild. But the new season can still deliver them.

The moment the Slaanesh Lord is released as a single miniature I am going to order him as well. 

My guess, like others have said, is that Broken Realms will be our Psychic Awakening... but somewhat smaller. Considering it'll begin towards the end of the year, and AoS 3 will come out almost for sure next summer, it might add some rules and stuff to the factions that need it the most, purely to get the ground ready for the new edition. Just like how PA was (apparently) made with 9th in mind, Broken Realms will be done with AoS 3 in mind.

This would confirm a suspicion I had commented on already, which is that factions which kinda needed an update won't get it, and we'll probably just get extra, additive material until next summer and AoS 3. Does break my heart a little bit as a Maggotkin player who has been waiting for an update for for over a year now, but I kind of get it (and perhaps I should be happy we won't get more .9 factions getting rules at the end of an edition).

Edit: I do wonder if we'll get Malerion/Shadow Elves before AoS 3 though. Would love to get my hands on them.

Edited by Gistradagis