Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Carry on my wayward Sons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

The preview also said that the new space marine and necron codexes will be coming out in October. That puts the AoS schedule at a bit of risk. If September is for the rest of the lumineth and October is 40k, then either sons get a sneaky release in September or we might not see them until November. That'd be really lame.

Oh no...please give them a sneaky August/September release GW!! November will be just such a pain in a Gargant sized ass.

1 hour ago, RandyRyan said:

SONtember?

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Fo-fum-ber?

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Carry on my wayward Sons.

You 3 beautiful SOB's. And I dont mean Sons of Behemat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrows coming next week be gargants now indomitus is realesed 

That or just lots of black library stuff as character week starts. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sunk Cost Fallacy. People grumble and gripe about GW's big games like 40k, but stick with them because they don't want to take the risk they'll invest in other systems they'd enjoy but then lack the same sized community they do with GW products. I've said it before at the risk of sounding like a broken record, but I fully believe this is 95% of the reason GW generally has such a negative fandom overall (not that it's without hardcore shills and white knights, especially YouTube influencers). Hell, even I'm very guilty of this as I doubt I'd be playing as long as I have if communities of other games didn't wax and wane whilst GW is always the safe bet.

The Old World will probably be the same result. A large chunk of formally scorned WHFB players will return, stating 9th Age/Kings of War/ASOI&F/Conquest are better rulesets (which is probably going to be a reasonable statement) but stick nigh-exclusively to TOW because... well, it's a GW rank-and-file game and will never lack for new blood.

This is me being a bit pedantic but what you describe is not Sunk Cost Fallacy. You are describing a decision to invest in a less enjoyable game because it has a stable fan base so there will be more chance of finding players.

In this context, Sunk Cost Fallacy would be when gamers continue to invest their time and money in Warhammer because they are worried that if they stopped doing this, their past investments of time and money would have been a waste.

That said, I definitely think the Sunk Cost Fallacy applies and is one of the reasons why some wargamers persist with wargaming even when it no longer brings them joy.

But that's slightly different from reasoning that you want to play a certain system cos you know it's gonna have enough players to get games regularly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrows coming next week be gargants now indomitus is realesed 

That or just lots of black library stuff as character week starts. 

Dont do that. Dont give me hope.

That being said I'd love more Black Library for AOS!!

• Like 2

What has been announced but is unreleased? I recall two Underworlds war bands to finish season 3 that will be released in August, Underworlds season 4 in December, the last original WarCry war bands from the WarCry core book, the remaining Lumineth that are due in September, and the SoB mini(s) and codex. Is there anything else? 

4 hours ago, FallenSerf said:

What has been announced but is unreleased? I recall two Underworlds war bands to finish season 3 that will be released in August, Underworlds season 4 in December, the last original WarCry war bands from the WarCry core book, the remaining Lumineth that are due in September, and the SoB mini(s) and codex. Is there anything else? 

Another Warcry warband - Khainite Shadowstalkers

2 hours ago, Raviv said:

Another Warcry warband - Khainite Shadowstalkers

Yep that’s about it. We know that AoS Warhammer Fest preview never happened, but Who knows what was there. Maybe just new 40k stuff, maybe by then they would already had few things to show off for AoS. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure if anyone already mentioned it, but I think the rumour engine of 7th july and 30 of june are both in the new models for 40k video in the article from 25 of july (launch party)

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 1

Regarding new releases. Gw was closed for two months, but new 40k jumped the queue and was only a month late. The Stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes were released in August so the 40k codexes in October is back to being two months behind schedule. It looks like gw is going to take the 9 weeks between now and October to release the other models they previewed during the lock down. So that means underworlds, 2 Warcry warbands, Escher Necromunda, bloodbowl treeman and snotlings, Eomer for Lotr, Lumineth and of course Sons of Behemat. They will probably also release the easy to build 40k models in this window. The Lumineth novel goes on preorder September 5th so that looks like the date for the battletome.

That means we could see a new AOS preview in October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Regarding new releases. Gw was closed for two months, but new 40k jumped the queue and was only a month late. The Stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes were released in August so the 40k codexes in October is back to being two months behind schedule. It looks like gw is going to take the 9 weeks between now and October to release the other models they previewed during the lock down. So that means underworlds, 2 Warcry warbands, Escher Necromunda, bloodbowl treeman and snotlings, Eomer for Lotr, Lumineth and of course Sons of Behemat. They will probably also release the easy to build 40k models in this window. The Lumineth novel goes on preorder September 5th so that looks like the date for the battletome.

This would be a fantastic way of doing this. Plus an AOS Preview in October to outly the rest of 2020 and beginning of 2021 would be great.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Aelfs in september
116374107_285331605860405_5003740285481999461_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=3o1sIqxwGg8AX8VnR8b&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=3904fd9a4d3aa5f95048387ba0d77ca6&oe=5F433E65

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So in the last month, they released the Indominus box with a two weeks preorder, despite the box selling out in less than an hour, a book and a few models for Adeptus Titanicus, and a few novels. GW really doesn't behave like a company that's behind on schedule. I guess the factory shutdown hurt them pretty heavily, and with the massive demand for Indominus they're trying to give themselves a bit of breathing room.

16 minutes ago, xking said:

How much of that is new?

I think just the two 40K novels and the 40K art book unfortunately. I was hoping for new novels for Age of Sigmar. Seeing as it's the first week of Augusts release that means that the 2 Warbands are either going to drop in 1 weekend or theyll be separated. With the Lumineth dropping September I would hope the Sons can now drop in August. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think just the two 40K novels and the 40K art book unfortunately. I was hoping for new novels for Age of Sigmar. Seeing as it's the first week of Augusts release that means that the 2 Warbands are either going to drop in 1 weekend or theyll be separated. With the Lumineth dropping September I would hope the Sons can now drop in August. 

Same

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

A new KO book is coming out in August which I am absolutely stoked for! Hoping to get more of an insight into KO daly life and see what Captain Brokrin is up to. Will be drinking Bugman's while reading.

7 hours ago, NkfPanda said:

A new KO book is coming out in August which I am absolutely stoked for! Hoping to get more of an insight into KO daly life and see what Captain Brokrin is up to. Will be drinking Bugman's while reading.

Oh damn really? Is this a 3rd book in the Iron Dragon series?

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh damn really? Is this a 3rd book in the Iron Dragon series?

No. Its just the paperback release of the second one. It is a bit disappointing that we have so few AOS novels recently. With Josh leaving it's left a bit of a vacuum. It is encouraging, though,  to see new writers like Dale Lucas working on AOS books. I hope we can uncover a few more new AOS writers in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

No. Its just the paperback release of the second one. It is a bit disappointing that we have so few AOS novels recently. With Josh leaving it's left a bit of a vacuum. It is encouraging, though,  to see new writers like Dale Lucas working on AOS books. I hope we can uncover a few more new AOS writers in the near future. 

Ah I see, I thought as much. It's a shame really, I just want more lore and backstory and it will take years to get to the level of WFB.

Hopefully they announce that Black Library novel with the Warstomper on the cover when they announce the release date of the Sons of Behemat. The Lumineth have their novel coming out so it makes sense to release theirs in a similar time frame. I just hope your proposed timeline comes to fruition because I dont think it's fair having to wait until October/November for more AOS.

11 hours ago, xking said:

How much of that is new?

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

There are hopefully some AoS Shortstories in "The Hammer and the Eagle". Really hope for Gotrek - "The Neverspike" because it is epub only at the moment.

At least there are two new AoS epub stories in august with Gotrek "Svardheim" and Neferata "The Threshold".

It will be interesting as well if we will get "Warhammer Crime" Stories in the future as well.

11 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

There are hopefully some AoS Shortstories in "The Hammer and the Eagle". Really hope for Gotrek - "The Neverspike" because it is epub only at the moment.

At least there are two new AoS epub stories in august with Gotrek "Svardheim" and Neferata "The Threshold".

It will be interesting as well if we will get "Warhammer Crime" Stories in the future as well.

I did forget about the Epub stories my mistake. Though I prefer physical copies of books myself.

I would absolutely love a Warhammer Crime novel for AOS!!