Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

With regards to the AoS app. Listening to Monday AoS Honest Wargamer and they mentioned that the team behind the app have said that they are focusing on the 40k app and will come back to Azyr app. 

I've never paid for it, only used the free version, but I'd personally be cancelling my subscription if I was paying for a product that the manufacturer has admitted that they aren't bothering to update, especially during a critical period for the game (GBH release). 

Truly poor show on GW's part. And honestly the whole GHB feels like a damp squib of a release. Very little previews, very little focus from the community site. If gargants aren't dropped before the end of the month, it's truly a sign that AoS is the unloved step child of their franchise 😂

Edited by Tropical Ghost General
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kramer said:

But this such a regression for them. The game exist 5 years, an updated edition and an update to every single army through points. And nothing, no communication, no celebration, all in favour for their bigger ip. 

i get that 40k gets more attention because it’s a bigger seller. But it really hurts the excitement and confidence if you don’t enjoy 40k but just play AoS. 

Don't forget that when AoS 2 got released 40k went without any major releases for a decent chunk of time - we even had the whole of a Warhammer Fest pretty much dedicated to AoS!

I'm pretty sure that had GW been up and running fully, we'd have seen something exciting happen for the anniversary, but they're currently not all back to work yet.  I know the WarCom team are working shifts to keep the number of staff in the building down and guess that the rest of the company are in a similar boat.  Makes it pretty difficult especially as they're now running 3 months behind.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Truly poor show on GW's part. And honestly the whole GHB feels like a damp squib of a release. Very little previews, very little focus from the community site. If gargants aren't dropped before the end of the month, it's truly a sign that AoS is the unloved step child of their franchise 😂

Cut them some slack!  As I've just posted above, GW aren't fully back to work yet and going to be playing catch up for a while.  Expecting them to be producing content at the rate they were before lockdown isn't realistic.  The GHb release was always going to be a difficult one as not many people can actually play games due to Covid-19 - pretty rough to have a massive celebration showing what a great update it is when you can't even hug your gran let alone play AoS!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Don't forget that when AoS 2 got released 40k went without any major releases for a decent chunk of time - we even had the whole of a Warhammer Fest pretty much dedicated to AoS!

I'm pretty sure that had GW been up and running fully, we'd have seen something exciting happen for the anniversary, but they're currently not all back to work yet.  I know the WarCom team are working shifts to keep the number of staff in the building down and guess that the rest of the company are in a similar boat.  Makes it pretty difficult especially as they're now running 3 months behind.

That's fair enough, but I guess it's also why the main problem people have right now is that GW is simply not talking to us. We don't really know the FAQ is coming late, we guessed so because Saturday came and there was nothing about the online pdf. They expressed that the changes would come late for Azyr, but nothing about posting the changes.

Now it's Monday (maybe even Tuesday) and we still don't really know if the online FAQ is dropping today, this Saturday, a couple weeks after the GHB 2020 or Nurgle knows when.

I do understand delays existing due to how busy 40k is right now, but I don't see how any of that explains them just not saying anything to the AoS fans about the FAQ.

Edited by Gistradagis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RuneBrush said:

Cut them some slack!

The situation around the GHB release has been poorly done though. 40k has already had FAQs and it's not released until 25th June. The GHB is the big main update to the game we play, and yet they've abandoned the app, not bothered with the points releases for the 8 factions needing them, offered no news or other insight as to what is going on. We all have moments in our life's where we are busy and struggle to commit as much as we'd like, but even during those busy times we still have time to send a quick message to say 'hey, we've not forgotten about you' which GW haven't done for AoS at the moment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Now it's Monday

Hmm.... 

The situation is even more dire than you know my friend!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scurvydog said:

Hmm.... 

The situation is even more dire than you know my friend!

The stress is ruining me. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME GW!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

As if there’s not enough incredible stuff coming out to get excited about, now you can get even more excited about something that’ll come out later! Take a look at this week’s Rumour Engine pic to see what we mean.

 

6171206E-831A-43DE-8B13-11AD4C10A8AC.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are saying it looks like Lelith Hesperax, but I wanna be naive and say Dark Elves are coming!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The GHB just had bad luck landing when GW had to focus on 40K for 9th edition which has taken them by a storm - they've had to put their new launch box on made to order (delivery in around 4 months) because of the vast number of orders. GW is in a very good place for companies right now, but that's still not a good place for them. Structurally their release pattern is messed up and 9th edition is a bit of a hammer that they can't realistically shift. 

 

I'd wager we will have a few weeks of 40K content before things shift back to AoS. It's a shame, but really this is nothing that is GW's fault and chances are many of their plans are currently not set in stone and running day to day. Don't forget they've also got risks like staff being locked down or even the town being locked down over their heads. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Overread said:

The GHB just had bad luck landing when GW had to focus on 40K for 9th edition which has taken them by a storm - they've had to put their new launch box on made to order (delivery in around 4 months) because of the vast number of orders. GW is in a very good place for companies right now, but that's still not a good place for them. Structurally their release pattern is messed up and 9th edition is a bit of a hammer that they can't realistically shift. 

 

I'd wager we will have a few weeks of 40K content before things shift back to AoS. It's a shame, but really this is nothing that is GW's fault and chances are many of their plans are currently not set in stone and running day to day. Don't forget they've also got risks like staff being locked down or even the town being locked down over their heads. 

How is it not their fault? GW decides their releases, and most people want as little as just a message saying "due to how busy we are, the FAQ in pdf is indeed coming in late" and whether they have an ETA or not.

I don't see how this lack of communication can be defended. "They are so busy with 40k they just can't spare 1h of their time for the AoS fans." The latest info we have on this is also the first we got: There exists an online FAQ to complement the GHB and it's coming "in the very near future."

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Overread said:

The GHB just had bad luck

While having complete respect for the situation, it is frankly not a real excuse to leave paying customers in the dark. There are delays everywhere and most should be ready to accept these conditions, however it does not excuse simple lack of basic communication and expectation management. We are excusing them for not providing the complete product we paid for, while they provide this for a preorder product not even released.

Imagine this, going to a restaurant you walk in, get a seat at a table and make your order, a simple steak and some soda. You wait more than usual, but respect the staff is busy. In comes a party of people, probably some company event, they order the 3 course meal and the whole deal. You have now waited an hour for your food and getting impatient, nobody even stopped by your table to at least let you know it is coming. The party of poeple already finished their first dish and is now getting the main dish served, while you still wait. Is this ok? 

This is obviously just business and no matter the excuses it is still catering to the higher paying customer base. Obviously they are able to release something, they put out FAQs and changes ahead of time for 1 customer base, while those who already paid for a product is still waiting for the exact same service. That is what is not acceptable. Like the restaurant, the excuse of being busy is simply not viable when the table next to you are getting everything, simply because they might pay more in the end. Of course it makes business sense, it is just bad form and at least requires an apology and an ETA of some kind better than "near future".

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/29/warhammer-age-sigmar-faqs-new-model/

Still got a couple weeks of July left folks.

 

Just now, Gistradagis said:

How is it not their fault? GW decides their releases, and most people want as little as just a message saying "due to how busy we are, the FAQ in pdf is indeed coming in late" and whether they have an ETA or not.

I don't see how this lack of communication can be defended. "They are so busy with 40k they just can't spare 1h of their time for the AoS fans." The latest info we have on this is also the first we got: There exists an online FAQ to complement the GHB and it's coming "in the very near future."

You're talking about GW as if it's a small three or four person company, where everybody has a hand in everything.  People involved in 40k are different from those involved in AoS.  We don't currently know what the situation is at GW either - the design teams may not even be back in the company yet.  I've not seen anything that stated we'd be getting the FAQ when the new handbook dropped?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/29/warhammer-age-sigmar-faqs-new-model/

Still got a couple weeks of July left folks.

 

You're talking about GW as if it's a small three or four person company, where everybody has a hand in everything.  People involved in 40k are different from those involved in AoS.  We don't currently know what the situation is at GW either - the design teams may not even be back in the company yet.  I've not seen anything that stated we'd be getting the FAQ when the new handbook dropped?

No, it's the exact opposite. I'm talking about GW like it's NOT a small three or four person company. There's no reasonable way for them to be so swamped with work they can't even tell their fans anything about the online FAQ. How is smth like the GHB released as normal but then this missing piece is just mia.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I’m consistently pretty disappointed in the Azyr app. I use the paid version because I like to mess with list building on my phone while I poop. Unfortunately, every new release they introduce probably half a dozen bugs. I’ve been sending them bug reports but there’s still probably at least 20 issues that I’ve encountered alone. As a software developer, it’s pretty clear that the QA work and testing on that thing is fairly inadequate, which is unfortunate since it’s a paid subscription. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

No, it's the exact opposite. I'm talking about GW like it's NOT a small three or four person company. There's no reasonable way for them to be so swamped with work they can't even tell their fans anything about the online FAQ. How is smth like the GHB released as normal but then this missing piece is just mia.

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

Points updates for the last 8 armies released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I understand the need to release newer points a week or so later, as has been done in the past. I'm sure they're always pretty busy with the constant release schedule. My criticism this time around is that they had an entire 4-5 months of nothing happening to get these points done. I don't think there's an excuse when there was almost half a year of zero releases to get in the way. Anything could have been shuffled around to allow them to have these points ready.

Edited by Mutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

Yeah, and it's not like I'm outraged or saying "good lord how could GW mismanaged this so badly!," but I do find odd that they can't give us any sort of update or heads up about the situation. You don't really need the team for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

 

I think we are not getting to the point correctly. It's not a FAQ what we need, this is something completely different. We only need the pont update for eight armies. No need to revisit the warscrolls, only a matter to change points in a database and print them, plain and simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there any matching keywords and prototype in the Hero Generator for Sylvaneth?

 

Aelf and/or human doesn't work and I haven't seen anything else...

Edited by rosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...