The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Zamik said:

Speaking of that, where the heck are the Warcry releases? Warcry is such a perfect starter game, even fun solo which is great for a lockdown, but the releases have just stalled out. It's kinda smothered my enthusiasm.

They definitely had chances before 9th edition to drop some of the Warcry/Underworlds Warbands but there probably wont be any AOS releases until August now, with the rest of the Lumineth dropping first and foremost.

@ZamikThe scions of the flame look so cool. I currently have just the two from the starter set and I was waiting to see all the warbands before deciding on my third. Now it is a toss up between Corvus Cabal and Scions of Flame, I will see how they play before I decide.

@KingBrodd I assume you are correct and I am truly hoping that Sons of Behemat get some fun Warcry scenarios. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

@ZamikThe scions of the flame look so cool. I currently have just the two from the starter set and I was waiting to see all the warbands before deciding on my third. Now it is a toss up between Corvus Cabal and Scions of Flame, I will see how they play before I decide.

@KingBrodd I assume you are correct and I am truly hoping that Sons of Behemat get some fun Warcry scenarios. 

I cannot wait for them to *fingers crossed* release an exclusive Mancrusher Gargant for Warcry/Underworlds/Quest.

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

52 minutes ago, Zamik said:

Speaking of that, where the heck are the Warcry releases? Warcry is such a perfect starter game, even fun solo which is great for a lockdown, but the releases have just stalled out. It's kinda smothered my enthusiasm.

The Scions of Flame are the weirdest marketing campaign ever: they have now been teased for almost a year since they were in the first Warcry book! Them and 2 WU warbands (Orruks and Daughters) are the last remnants of this season. 
I guess season 4 of WU may be delayed a bit, usually starts in September. Would be interesting also to see if Warcry gets “seasons” or just expansions, either way we know at least one Order warband coming next, other than Scions.

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

What the heck are destiny points supposed to do?

Character creation isn't legal in matched play anyways

Someone has more input?

You use them to buy the different options, weapons and abilities for your hero.

It is legal in matched play, as long as you get your opponent's permission.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gistradagis said:

Or if a TO allows them 

2 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

So it is illegal until someone else agrees to it. By default it's not legal.

But this is not my question. My question is, what do the Destiny Points do and what keeps me away from using 20.736 DP

What's the difference between 20 and 40 DP?

10 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

But this is not my question. My question is, what do the Destiny Points do and what keeps me away from using 20.736 DP

...what @Gistradagis said. You use them to buy upgrades for your hero. Base stat line, upgrades, weapons, they all increase your total DP. So for your question a 40 DP hero will generally be significantly stronger than a 20 DP hero because they have more upgrades from the base stat line. 

Edited by Grimrock

25 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

...what @Gistradagis said. You use them to buy upgrades for your hero. Base stat line, upgrades, weapons, they all increase your total DP. So for your question a 40 DP hero will generally be significantly stronger than a 20 DP hero because they have more upgrades from the base stat line. 

And per what we know, 20 destiny points used is a 200pt hero. 40 destiny points is 400pt hero. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

So it is illegal until someone else agrees to it. By default it's not legal.

I love the “but it is legal if...” I mean ANYTHING is legal in matched play by that logic, as long as your opponent is OK with it! 🤨

As others have mentioned - You spend DP to upgrade the hero with various mounts, weapons, better characteristics etc. Each DP = 10 points, so a hero upgraded to 20 DP = 200 pts on the table.

• Like 1

Well. Normal matched play rules are not given by god. Just wrote down by some people at GW and we agree to play with them. 

If its actually fun and people like it, i assume their will be tournaments that allow it. Future will tell if it will play a bigger Part or not. Probably not but who knows. 

What I'm hearing quite a bit now is that the whole "armies after Cities will get their points changes in an online FAQ" isn't true, and I can't quite remember if any Community post said anything or hinted at it, or if this is really smth the community made up or "theorised."

Although it still makes sense to me for this online points changes to happen, with so many armies that have come out after the GHB was "done."

Edit: Yeah, I believe we did get a Community post telling us we were getting an online update. Carry on, peeps.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/generals-handbook-matched-play/

Edited by Gistradagis

23 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

What I'm hearing quite a bit now is that the whole "armies after Cities will get their points changes in an online FAQ" isn't true, and I can't quite remember if any Community post said anything or hinted at it, or if this is really smth the community made up or "theorised."

Although it still makes sense to me for this online points changes to happen, with so many armies that have come out after the GHB was "done."

GW said it at some point I am rather sure. Yet I don't have time to search for the source (it was the GHB video I guess)

Anyone else notice they seem to have forgotten, or intentionally missed out some faction keywords?

Lumineth aelf wont be able to cast any lumineth spells or choose any faction traits or artefacts.

Flesh eater courts mordant hero cannot choose any traits or artefacts from the FEC battletome. Cannot be given abhorrant or courtier keyword so will not benefit from any buffs like being near serf units in morgaunt grand court, casting a spell wont buff varghulf as they cant be abhorrant etc. Etc.

Theres a lot like this.

24 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@Peter (Age of Miniatures) thanks so much for this collection of the GHB2020 points changes! https://ageofminiatures.com/points-changes/

Extremely helpful and I was excited to see how many Stormcast units got the decreases they needed.

They need warscroll rewrites far more than warscrolls. Paladins for example weighed down in armour plates bigger than some models still have a 4+ save and lightning formed stormcast have fairly average bravery. The points going down is nice but i feel that Cities armies will get a big benefit from it rather than pure stormcast. Incantor is a great hallowheart wizard, fulminators have a happy home in Living city etc. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Laststand said:

They need warscroll rewrites far more than warscrolls. Paladins for example weighed down in armour plates bigger than some models still have a 4+ save and lightning formed stormcast have fairly average bravery. The points going down is nice but i feel that Cities armies will get a big benefit from it rather than pure stormcast. Incantor is a great hallowheart wizard, fulminators have a happy home in Living city etc. 

Aether wings to 40

Relictor to 90

Let that last one sink in. Comparable damage to a General (2"/1", 4/3 attacks, -1/-2 rend, mw chance for General), but better save, bravery, and a wizard. Also wounding all chaos and nighthaunt. And cheaper.

Edited by zilberfrid

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@Laststand SCE definitely need a new book, but for now the decreases are a nice start

AOS 3.0 will probably have SCE and whatever army they're facing off in the Boxed Set have the first new tomes. I'd love it to be Orruk Warclans but their tome is quite new compared to others so it could also end up being Nurgle, though I'd rather they stay away from the standard Good Guy vs Chaos boxed set.