Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

At the end of the article on the website they say it's coming out in July. So it won't be on preorder for at least 2 weeks, and possibly upwards of a month.

At least there is a July date confirmed meaning we have a couple more weeks for the Lumineth and the Sons to safely drop, maybe even 3 or 4 depending if its mid to late July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bad news for our star-lizards. That reptile tail rumour engine belong to the Zoat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, michu said:

I have bad news for our star-lizards. That reptile tail rumour engine belong to the Zoat.

Yeah, that was a bit dissapointing. Though I collect 'nids as well as Seraphon, so might get him anyway!

(Although I'm also a necron fan, so it looks like I might need to save up my pennies for the next month or so!)

Edited by EccentricCircle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

At least there is a July date confirmed meaning we have a couple more weeks for the Lumineth and the Sons to safely drop, maybe even 3 or 4 depending if its mid to late July.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I don't get discouraged, but hope is a hard thing to keep in check.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I don't get discouraged, but hope is a hard thing to keep in check.

As am I, if the Lumineth arent announced this weekend for pre order for next I'll be more than a little dissatisfied as it means the Sons will be almost certainly after 9th Edition. As long as AOS gets something announced for pre Order though I'll be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As am I, if the Lumineth arent announced this weekend for pre order for next I'll be more than a little dissatisfied as it means the Sons will be almost certainly after 9th Edition. As long as AOS gets something announced for pre Order though I'll be happy. 

Agreed!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

Also this seems not to be the new starter Box as it is limited. Will they get a Dark Imperium Kind of Box too? 

Edited by Sonnenspeer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

Astonishing that all those models are push fit. As someone who has got as far as buying a few Necrons in the distant past and has a soft spot for them, they are the best Necron models ever made hands down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just anxiously itching away waiting to get my hands on the Sons of Behemat Battletome. Lore is one of if not my favourite part of the hobby besides the models themselves and I just cant wait to read up on their lore. 

For a range with very limited models I do hope the Battletome makes up for it with copious lore and information on the Gargants.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm just anxiously itching away waiting to get my hands on the Sons of Behemat Battletome. Lore is one of if not my favourite part of the hobby besides the models themselves and I just cant wait to read up on their lore. 

For a range with very limited models I do hope the Battletome makes up for it with copious lore and information on the Gargants.

From a sales point it would certainly serve them well to invest in alot of lore for them, particularly as that's a heavy draw for many hobby enthusiasts.  Additionally, the fact that Gargants will be able to ally into other factions almost necessitates some delving into their history with the various other groups. If they do it right it could be really good.

I'm holding out for Lumineth, but if I have some cash left over I'd love to pick up one of the big guys. The kit just looks fantastic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I love the new box set it might convince me to start 40k. Necrons have always been my jam and despite not liking Space Marines, I am thinking I might make a Dark/Fallen Angel army and use them as Space Marines or Chaos depending on my mood (if that is at all possible).

It really makes me wonder what our next box will be. Good money seems to be on Orruks vs Stormcast.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Astonishing that all those models are push fit. As someone who has got as far as buying a few Necrons in the distant past and has a soft spot for them, they are the best Necron models ever made hands down.

The new models look great, but as  long time fan of necrons I disaprove of them phasing out* the glowy green gauss rods. Those are such an iconic element

If necron design that the shift away from them seems like a missed opportunity. There are ways they could have designed new more detailed guns while preserving the use of transparent elements. 

I'm also curious that it is implied to be a limited box. To keep this from being completely off topic that has implications for future AoS releases as well. I wonder if its a case of the limited edition book which will be gone quickly, and then a "true" starter set like soul wars will follow with the regular book and maybe fewer models. Imagine if they'd released soul wars and storm strike together with a special book,then later split them up? Just speculation, time will tell.

*pun intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

From a sales point it would certainly serve them well to invest in alot of lore for them, particularly as that's a heavy draw for many hobby enthusiasts.  Additionally, the fact that Gargants will be able to ally into other factions almost necessitates some delving into their history with the various other groups. If they do it right it could be really good.

I'm holding out for Lumineth, but if I have some cash left over I'd love to pick up one of the big guys. The kit just looks fantastic.

I agree, their rallying with any Faction opens up great possibilities in the lore. Perhaps we will hear tales of Mega Gargants allying with Stormcast Chambers to fight back Chaos or a Mercenary group of Gargants living with Hammerhal Ghyra that help the Free Cities when it comes to war but otherwise make their living as Builders. 

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I love the new box set it might convince me to start 40k. Necrons have always been my jam and despite not liking Space Marines, I am thinking I might make a Dark/Fallen Angel army and use them as Space Marines or Chaos depending on my mood (if that is at all possible).

It really makes me wonder what our next box will be. Good money seems to be on Orruks vs Stormcast.

Orruks Vs Stormcast would be a fantastic and almost classic boxed set. It would be an awesome way to introduce new Heroes as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Orruks Vs Stormcast would be a fantastic and almost classic boxed set. It would be an awesome way to introduce new Heroes as well. 

I would love to see Orruk vs Freeguild/CoS box. Would be a cool homage to the 5th? edition box set (Orcs vs Empire).

Probably never happen for stormcast not to be in a starter set but would be so cool. Maybe a 2 army battle box?

  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I would love to see Orruk vs Freeguild/CoS box. Would be a cool homage to the 5th? edition box set (Orcs vs Empire).

Probably never happen for stormcast not to be in a starter set but would be so cool. Maybe a 2 army battle box?

A 5th Edition homage would be incredible and a perfect chance to update or make entire new sculpts for Free Cities and help quell any fears people have of them being squatted. ( I personally believe they wont be )

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Orruks Vs Stormcast would be a fantastic and almost classic boxed set. It would be an awesome way to introduce new Heroes as well.

Would the Orruks be Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, or a mix of both for a Big Waagh.  The latter would be my guess.  I'd be okay with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Would the Orruks be Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, or a mix of both for a Big Waagh.  The latter would be my guess.  I'd be okay with that.

For a total nostalgia fix, Greenskinz 😉😂

  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Would the Orruks be Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, or a mix of both for a Big Waagh.  The latter would be my guess.  I'd be okay with that.

Probably a mix of both. With new Units for both as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

Those Space Marines are more AOS than much of AOS is, as are the Sisters and Ad Mech. At this rate 3rd edition is just going to be 40k and AOS meeting up in the middle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I would love to see Orruk vs Freeguild/CoS box. Would be a cool homage to the 5th? edition box set (Orcs vs Empire).

Probably never happen for stormcast not to be in a starter set but would be so cool. Maybe a 2 army battle box?

That was 6th. Best edition in my opinion. 

5th was Brets and Lizardmen.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope with Warhammer Quest every Faction gets a unique models or representation for the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to interrupt but I really rather don't want to read 100+ pages of my absence on tga: are there any rumours for future releases? The last thing I know is that Giants are coming after Lumineth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nos said:

Those Space Marines are more AOS than much of AOS is, as are the Sisters and Ad Mech. At this rate 3rd edition is just going to be 40k and AOS meeting up in the middle

The Relictor in the new set makes a lot more sense than the Stormcast Relictor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Sorry to interrupt but I really rather don't want to read 100+ pages of my absence on tga: are there any rumours for future releases? The last thing I know is that Giants are coming after Lumineth. 

Not that I've read unfortunately. Only thing I suppose is that the current rumour engines seem to point to a new possible Warhammer Quest box.

In terms of future releases I reckon we'll see AoS previews next week. We still have one more PA book which I think will be previewed today. Then the 40k box is july so hopefully we'll see the Sons at least before then. I can't think of what other planned releases we have still to get through?

Welcome back :).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...