Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Beliman said:

Is there any rule from 9th edition 40k that could be passed to AoS? I'm reading 8th edition 40k and it has some interesting rules that could be fun to play with in AoS.

The blast rule they're talking about sounds interesting. Basically a subset of weapons that naturally get an advantage against larger units. I think it'd be nice if they ported something like it to artillery in AoS. I know that there are usually bonuses to hit, but nothing ruins a shot like rolling a d6 for damage and killing one piddly clan rat. Maybe reroll the damage against units of 20-30 models and always max damage when the unit is more than 30? It would certainly make older artillery pieces nobody uses more interesting/useful.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beliman said:

Is there any rule from 9th edition 40k that could be passed to AoS? I'm reading 8th edition 40k and it has some interesting rules that could be fun to play with in AoS.

I have loved 40k’s stratagem system and would loved to see it implemented in AOS. It would take some tweaking but I have always found the command point system too limited and constricting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kramer said:

my reaction to every release that isn't for me. Dodging bullets left, right and center last year 😂

Bullet dodging is perfect 😌. If Seraphon would have come out with new models or Soulblight or Mountain Dwarves I probably would have given in! I purchased a used lot of KO for like 65% off retail so I have to get this done first so no complaints here though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

I have loved 40k’s stratagem system and would loved to see it implemented in AOS. It would take some tweaking but I have always found the command point system too limited and constricting.

I don't know, I like it in theory but it's always looked so overwhelming. Even playing kill team it's hard to remember a dozen or so stratagems and know which applies best to each situation, and when you start pulling your army from 4 different books all with their own stratagems.... Ugh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Overread said:

Please teach me this manner of bullet dodging - I could do with more skill at it!! 

As always, it’s all down to choosing the right 💊 

EAF4765E-9A1A-42F3-9A17-338EE5B01725.jpeg.c81dfed17704c84ba3798bfce37b2929.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I don't know, I like it in theory but it's always looked so overwhelming. Even playing kill team it's hard to remember a dozen or so stratagems and know which applies best to each situation, and when you start pulling your army from 4 different books all with their own stratagems.... Ugh. 

I get it, that is a valid concern, over complexity can kill a game. From my 40k experience most lists are geared to use 3-4 stats, so it does not get too bad. It will be interesting how they alter command points in the new 40K edition (they indicated they were altering how you generate them).  It might give us an insight into possible command point changes for AOS in the future.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding (the) Owls (are not what they seem), last book of 8th was Wood Elves (other than the campaign books that ended with a bang) and some of the semi reliable rumour mongers on ... portent? warseer? commented on seeing Owl-like Beastmasters,.. now since GW is bringing Wood Elves back as Pan-aelves it wouldn't surprise me to see some of those old rumours maybe manifest.  

Why (bother steer this thread back to rumours instead of Psychic Awakening)?  Cause GW starts as concept art, Jes Goodwin did most the Elf range from 1987, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him revisit this in concept sketches to push forward ideas stagnating at the end of 35 years of Fantasy.  A lot of wrong rumours are play testing stuff that doesn't manifest physically, but in early pdf form "use ogre sized model with these stats" very early on.  It also helped seed who leaked cause not everyone got the same stuff play testing back then.  How the Beastmen leaks turned into a firing and PK needing to finish the book.  Sometimes we see stuff with crazy dates.  John Blanches KO concepts were dated during 8th ed.

Since the (sylvaneth) warband for pan-Aelves has everything being tied hard into nature, incorporating Owls isn't a surprise.  There have been owl bitz for the 2005 WE release, the 8th ed release (3-eyed owl in the treelord kit).  Just wish it was an AoS summer not 40k.  ah well.  You sit around this hobby long enough to see the same things over and over again just in a drifting mauve ocean of collected unconcious where the white lodge resides.  Drycha was a champion in the 4th ed book, hero in the 6th ed book, better hero in the AoS books, even names like Calaingor, Durthu, spell names, etc.  Just revamp the core drive.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't wait for the Kurnothi ! I'm waiting for an updated miniature worthy of Orion. A part of Kurnoth was awakened.

"A shard of Kurnoth has indeed been woken and hunts in the swamps of the Ghoul Mere but by self-admission is not yet at the level of a god."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Elbaf said:

I just can't wait for the Kurnothi ! I'm waiting for an updated miniature worthy of Orion. A part of Kurnoth was awakened.

"A shard of Kurnoth has indeed been woken and hunts in the swamps of the Ghoul Mere but by self-admission is not yet at the level of a god."

Yawn,Kurnoth is just a angry pointy eared hippy with a axe,wake me up when morathi slips and drops the iron heart in a coldren and we can get back the true big hitter of the old elves,your all to soft under tirion/teclis/molerion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Regarding (the) Owls (are not what they seem), last book of 8th was Wood Elves (other than the campaign books that ended with a bang) and some of the semi reliable rumour mongers on ... portent? warseer? commented on seeing Owl-like Beastmasters,.. now since GW is bringing Wood Elves back as Pan-aelves it wouldn't surprise me to see some of those old rumours maybe manifest.  

Why (bother steer this thread back to rumours instead of Psychic Awakening)?  Cause GW starts as concept art, Jes Goodwin did most the Elf range from 1987, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him revisit this in concept sketches to push forward ideas stagnating at the end of 35 years of Fantasy.  A lot of wrong rumours are play testing stuff that doesn't manifest physically, but in early pdf form "use ogre sized model with these stats" very early on.  It also helped seed who leaked cause not everyone got the same stuff play testing back then.  How the Beastmen leaks turned into a firing and PK needing to finish the book.  Sometimes we see stuff with crazy dates.  John Blanches KO concepts were dated during 8th ed.

Since the (sylvaneth) warband for pan-Aelves has everything being tied hard into nature, incorporating Owls isn't a surprise.  There have been owl bitz for the 2005 WE release, the 8th ed release (3-eyed owl in the treelord kit).  Just wish it was an AoS summer not 40k.  ah well.  You sit around this hobby long enough to see the same things over and over again just in a drifting mauve ocean of collected unconcious where the white lodge resides.  Drycha was a champion in the 4th ed book, hero in the 6th ed book, better hero in the AoS books, even names like Calaingor, Durthu, spell names, etc.  Just revamp the core drive.

I don't remember anyone on Warseer mentioning the Beastmasters -but it was a while ago! I agree with you- the Kurnothi definitely have elements from Jes' early wood elves - I loved the beast masters, and there is definitely something of the wardancers in them as well.  I remember Harry on Warseer knowing about AoS well before it hit-  he knew about Stormcast and I remember a really strange sprue pic appearing which everyone thought was Squats/Demiurg -Harry just said "even stranger"- looking back it was a  Kharadon sprue. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw Beastmasters back then which might only be surfacing now. Pretty sure Primaris where mentioned well before they appeared- their rumours got mixed up with the Heresy marines. 

I think the Owl is more Kurnothi than Sylvaneth as the Spites and critters of AOS Sylvaneth have been insectoid generally. The Kurthothi seem to be the Fauna aspect of life.. Really looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm really looking forward to the conquest campaign.  If feels like the child of Path to Glory and Warcry!  Terrain rules and command point changes are also worth looking at, although stratagems are fairly different to how our command abilities work.

The Age of Sigmar community seems quite happy with the state of the game. Each new tome is improving the game rather than adding too much complexity. Lore and Narrative play however would be areas where a new Age of Sigmar edition would be incredible. It feels like we have barely scratched the surface in these areas. Conquest rules would be awesome for Path to Glory campaigns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one am wondering what new teases the Lumineth and Sons of Behemat Battletomes will bring. With LRL we finally get to see a Hysh Faction and will learn more about that Realm in detail and what other enlightened beings may be making their home there. 

As for the Sons their origin lies within Ghyran but with their Mercenary nature we may not have a focal Realm to draw from. Though I do hope Ghyran remains a focal point as itll be a good place to drop hints about Kurnothi and other such races. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you notice guys that none of the new miniatures has a 3D view? I find it very convenient especially when I'm building and/or magnetize my miniatures...

I hope that this is not the new GW way of presenting stuff . I miss this 3D view 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Elbaf said:

I just can't wait for the Kurnothi ! I'm waiting for an updated miniature worthy of Orion. A part of Kurnoth was awakened.

"A shard of Kurnoth has indeed been woken and hunts in the swamps of the Ghoul Mere but by self-admission is not yet at the level of a god."

I've been holding my breath for a Wild Hunt AoS army for too long now, here's hoping that the Beastgrave warband isn't just a cruel tease that'll never turn into an actual army/more models (looking a t you Darkoath)... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingKull said:

I've been holding my breath for a Wild Hunt AoS army for too long now, here's hoping that the Beastgrave warband isn't just a cruel tease that'll never turn into an actual army/more models (looking a t you Darkoath)... 

Me too- thats what I'm worried about as well! But Whitefang on here seems to have a sense of things [maybe I'm giving him too much credit!:D] and he's fairly positive they will get a book etc.. and Atia on War of Sigmar mentioned a Centaur army coming when they were initially released.. Hope they really push the wild nature of them, I didn't like it when Wood Elves became green elves rather than the Fae- the Wild Hunt models seem to have recaptured that feel.

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Did you notice guys that none of the new miniatures has a 3D view? I find it very convenient especially when I'm building and/or magnetize my miniatures...

I hope that this is not the new GW way of presenting stuff . I miss this 3D view 🤔

Its probably down to restricted access to the studio and reduced staffing - the photos seem pretty minimal relative to the normal product listing so imagine they will get back to as soon as they can. Photos sell models after all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm sure that the lack of rotational photos is simply that they've not had the photography people back in the office to do them yet - or that they are back but are being done possibly next week or too close to get things ready for today. It might have also just slipped the net with the rafter of other more critical things GW likely has to get rolling once again - along with corona safety measures. 

Kind of surprised they weren't prepared at the same time as the product shots, would have thought they'd have done them all at the same time in one go. Which might mean that its just sitting on a computer ready to go or be edited up and then go etc... So again could just be that whoever has access to the files hasn't been in to log in and work on them. 

 

 

I wouldn't worry about it, the 360 are really useful and I'm sure GW won't drop them as a feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Me too- thats what I'm worried about as well! But Whitefang on here seems to have a sense of things [maybe I'm giving him too much credit!:D] and he's fairly positive they will get a book etc.. and Atia on War of Sigmar mentioned a Centaur army coming when they were initially released.. Hope they really push the wild nature of them, I didn't like it when Wood Elves became green elves rather than the Fae- the Wild Hunt models seem to have recaptured that feel.

A Fae-Aelf army is exactly what should be happening for the Kurnothi in regards to AOS as a whole. The Gloomspite and now the Sons of Behemat have had very fairy tale like advertising and overall themes so classic Fae Aleves would be right up that alley. Also Centaur Aelves are just too perfect to pass up. I cannot even imagine what sort of beasts they would employ in their service. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A Fae-Aelf army is exactly what should be happening for the Kurnothi in regards to AOS as a whole. The Gloomspite and now the Sons of Behemat have had very fair tale like advertising and overall themes so classic Fae Aleves would be right up that alley. Also Centaur Aelves are just too perfect to pass up. I cannot even imagine what sort of beasts they would employ in their service. 

Preach! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A Fae-Aelf army is exactly what should be happening for the Kurnothi in regards to AOS as a whole. The Gloomspite and now the Sons of Behemat have had very fair tale like advertising and overall themes so classic Fae Aleves would be right up that alley. Also Centaur Aelves are just too perfect to pass up. I cannot even imagine what sort of beasts they would employ in their service. 

Yes its one of things I've grown to love about AoS- bringing me armies I had no idea I would love- Steam-punk dwarf sky-pirates- absolutely! A Narnian army of half elves- wonderful! 

The original beast masters had hawks, wild cats, hounds, boars and bears so they could add those. Large bear-type creatures would be excellent, and obviously giant eagles are possibility. They could have packs of these running with the faun/centaur elves. Really interested to see what the range build up like and what the heroes look like. Obviously Kurnoth/shard of Kurnoth would e the centrepiece. Anyway I doubt they would release two aelf factions in the same year so they would be a way off yet unless they appear in Warcry or Quest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fae Elves sounds awesome for wanderers.  It’s a shame sylvaneth as well as warhammer fantasy wood elves  never explored that aspect for the ingame models much despite the lore and fluff heavily hinting towards something more.  No doubt like all the other aelf mutations/hybrids people will complain though.

Edited by Incineroar87
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silverstu said:

Yes its one of things I've grown to love about AoS- bringing me armies I had no idea I would love- Steam-punk dwarf sky-pirates- absolutely! A Narnian army of half elves- wonderful! 

The original beast masters had hawks, wild cats, hounds, boars and bears so they could add those. Large bear-type creatures would be excellent, and obviously giant eagles are possibility. They could have packs of these running with the faun/centaur elves. Really interested to see what the range build up like and what the heroes look like. Obviously Kurnoth/shard of Kurnoth would e the centrepiece. Anyway I doubt they would release two aelf factions in the same year so they would be a way off yet unless they appear in Warcry or Quest.

If they full on Fae out they could even have those beasts themselves be Kurnoth. The Centaur Aelves as cavlary and Boar Aelves as infantry with Bear Aelves as Shock Troops and Winged Owl or Hawk Aelves as Flyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would be nice to see some new ideas explored for other grand alliances instead of just updated themes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and love to see others excited but Gloomspite wasn't really anything new, Ironjawz are just bigger Orcs, Mawtribes got an updated existing hero sculpt, and Sons are just bigger Gargants. 

I'm sure eventually something will come along though. Until then I'll just be happy chopping up the 15 different kind of Aelve factions. 😜

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

If they full on Fae out they could even have those beasts themselves be Kurnoth. The Centaur Aelves as cavlary and Boar Aelves as infantry with Bear Aelves as Shock Troops and Winged Owl or Hawk Aelves as Flyers.

haha ye why not.. in a world where Cow Aelves is already the most hyped thing since 6 months back... 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone else sad there's not even preorder up for Lumineth? I really would like to preorder the DOK warband :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i'd prefer to see the kurnothi as as expansion to sylvaneth, handled much like the expansion to GSC done in 40k. centaur cavalry and a skirmishing horde unit of satyrs would be excellent additions

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...