The Rumour Thread

The question is: How will Factions with no or only very limited shooting fare against him? Khorne and StD look like in a quite hard Spot. BCR, FEC, too.

I really dislike that wildcard-approach in the current design.

Spoiler

"Hurrdurr, Faction A can Autocast X spells and has anyone to be a wizzard" "Hurrdurr, Unbind Magic across the whole table with a huge bonus" "Hurrdurr, fight always first". Paired with the deathball-listbuilding, the quite messy initiative system that leaves you to wait 2 turns in a row beeing unable to play this really messes with the game and the joy it provides. I love to have a tense game with my opponents, rolling dice and having fun. But putting time and effort in a long and big game, only to remove models for several turns in a row, feels just not fun anymore. Maybe all thoose bad experiences so far have made me too sensible for the announcements of fancy new toys for fancy new factions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just looked at the points and warscrolls and some things seem terribly unbalanced... at least on first glance they do. The suit of armor guy is a steal at 220 points, Teclis is pretty IMBA too for 660 points... Sniping em is the best option I guess. That said, it's always best to snipe leaders anyways...

I still find Nagash more annoying with his casting bonus's and the 8 or so spells he can use + the ward, that feels more threatening than auto casting 4.  Also seems Teclis can only auto cast, would he be able to take advantage of the magic faction to get that additional cast so he can auto cast 5 spells?

I dislike the direction the game has been taking since OBR. The designers seem to try their hardest to make the game a horrible experience for the opponent of the new army - not necessarily due to OPness but due to unfun or even de-funning mechanics that they start to hand out like sweeties.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but they seem strong but not obnoxius (unless you are playing magic without Nagash-like units). Some mechanics are really interesting (sniping models, unit formations, auto-casts, a lot of wholly within in an elite army, etc...). 

My only complain is that they seems to have a lot of tools to do mortal wounds and Imho, it's one of the most boring mechanics.

It is weird that after a night's sleep, I was coming here to say that are pretty ok. With some savagely bad match ups against really popular and common factions. 

Teclis is a good tactical piece but in some match ups his vulnerability is shocking.

The mountain spirits seems a bit underwhelming and I'm very concerned about mobility without magic. 

Will they have good results early on? Probably. 

Am I considering updating any of my current builds to deal? No.

They are probably better without Teclis. And we will probably see more mountain based armies from the onset. 

I think... This might be one of the better balanced factions we've seen. 

• Like 5

As someone that has never liked warhammer elves (other than the hilarious turn of events for Malekith in the end times that had a lot of the elfdom crying), two things stand out; Eltharion and Teclis are bargains for their points costs.  Heck you could ally Gotrek in and have him and Eltharion butcher everything. 

I also lol'd at Tyrion not being in part of it, I reserve a special hated for that womanizing Elf!

3 minutes ago, El Syf said:

As someone that has never liked warhammer elves (other than the hilarious turn of events for Malekith in the end times that had a lot of the elfdom crying), two things stand out; Eltharion and Teclis are bargains for their points costs.  Heck you could ally Gotrek in and have him and Eltharion butcher everything. 

I also lol'd at Tyrion not being in part of it, I reserve a special hated for that womanizing Elf!

I did not know that the red duke hated aelves so much :D

1D36D754-98B3-438D-8F9A-13587D7F97CD.png.b526dabe52ab9a9e99cc3914bba3202f.png
does anyone know how this base was made? (Beautifully mossy, I have a few ideas but I am not quite sure yet)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I want to see a fight Gotrek vs Eltharion. I guess they both will fight 5 round and both survive the game 😄 Could somebody simulate that please

Gotrek vs Eltharion depends on the distance. Gotrek can't shoot, so Eltharion has an advantage. For less than half the points.

Teclis will shortly dissapear from tournament lists.

A 16 4+ save 660pts character melts like ice cream.. His 5+ shield is nice but Tzeentch and Kharadron will kill him with their 1-2 drop lists on the first turn and he won't get to cast the spell. Even from this fact he is not worth it for a tournament.

Apart from that he is very weak in combat and apart from his powerful AOE spell I don't see him win battles..  

Feel free to disagree but I'm calling it now and we'll see it in the future competitive lists.. 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Teclis will shortly dissapear from tournament lists.

A 16 4+ save 660pts character melts like ice cream.. His 5+ shield is nice but Tzeentch and Kharadron will kill him with their 1-2 drop lists on the first turn and he won't get to cast the spell. Even from this fact he is not worth it for a tournament.

Apart from that he is very weak in combat and apart from his powerful AOE spell I don't see him win battles..  

Feel free to disagree but I'm calling it now and we'll see it in the future competitive lists.. 🙂 

Kharadron does not have a 1 drop that can deal with him.

But we'll see. It's good if he doesn't get fielded, gods are for lore, not the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Kharadron does not have a 1 drop that can deal with him.

But we'll see. It's good if he doesn't get fielded, gods are for lore, not the board.

Agreed. Lorewise I do not like to use/see them in battles as it feels a bit weird.

Kharadron can get 2 or 3 drop easily and still be competitive. Lumineth on the other hand while able to field a 2 drop army it will not be good enough due to the limitation of units and in the end the Kharadron player will get the first turn to put the hurt on Teclis.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

He'll still have "look out sir", I think

It's probable I overreacted, but when looking at Cities' flying wizards, we're not on the same points per value.

If you are referring to Teclis, he doesn't get a "Look out Sir' since he is a monster. (or at least I assume he is)

12 hours ago, MitGas said:

Just looked at the points and warscrolls and some things seem terribly unbalanced... at least on first glance they do. The suit of armor guy is a steal at 220 points, Teclis is pretty IMBA too for 660 points... Sniping em is the best option I guess. That said, it's always best to snipe leaders anyways...

Eltharion is quite a steal, and I imagine he will pop up in quite a few lists outside of Lumineth as allies (really hoping he can ally with Sylvaneth!). But note that being a named character has quite few disadvantages, the biggest being a lack of artefacts, command traits and the inability to spam him. Also most named guys can't be taken in battalions. 

We have seen  a few instances of named characters with significantly discounted points costs relative to their power level. Most notably the Changeling, I am actually ok with that from a balance perspective, I just wish it was more universally enforced. IE compare Alarielle to Teclis. 

From what I understand about them, it seems that their main defens will be done by their allegiance abilities:
-A lot of their units will have -1 hit on them (from the formation).
-FNP (6+ and some of them 5+) from magic.
-Average save of 4+ and 5+ (some heroes and one unit with 3+)
-Can use Aetherquarz for +1 save (only one unit for phase unless using Syar).
-CA: re-roll 1 to save

It seems strong but without any alpha-strike it seems that this army is healthier than other battletomes.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

1D36D754-98B3-438D-8F9A-13587D7F97CD.png.b526dabe52ab9a9e99cc3914bba3202f.png
does anyone know how this base was made? (Beautifully mossy, I have a few ideas but I am not quite sure yet)

Looks like cork and some pressed modeling sand(some get like that with a varnish)

On the topic at hand I dont think the Lumineth are that OP. The thing is a lot of the more competitive/newer lists tend to have a glaring weakness(mobility, numbers, range attack ect.) Aainst their specialty.Often times certain armies dont take stuff to exploit this either cause they ignore it for mathhammer reasons, it's not a list taken in their local meta,or they too dont run a balanced list cause well master of none can make wins uphill. This vulnerability tends to be emphasized when new styles armies come into being( GW or any other company doesn't want a copy paste for their new thing).  Not to say OP stuff doesn't happen but it's not as bad as some people think especially outside the competitive scene