The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think an important question is do we want a new starter set or a 'collector set' like 40k is getting? I am honestly up for either but think starter set works best considering that AOS is still a newer game system.

I could also see instead of CoS or Stormcast a new set being released featuring Devouted of Sigmar (with a Stormcast unit added for good measure). But I still imagine Stormcast will make the cut above anything else.

So long as Devoted get their own Faction I'll be happy. I just would love new Mortal Humans in AOS, wether they update sculpts for Cities or bring in the Devoted. Anything small and human and crushable... I mean relatable!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Aryann said:

What do you mean by saying collector set?

I can't remember the exact term, but they are not referring to it as a Starter set. As it lacks certain additions that make it more beginner friendly such as dice and painting guides. Essentially the less valuable components. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I can't remember the exact term, but they are not referring to it as a Starter set. As it lacks certain additions that make it more beginner friendly such as dice and painting guides. Essentially the less valuable components. 

Yeah, that box have only rules and miniatures. And wiil be limited like SoB and Lumineth boxes.

47 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Oh yes sorry I forgot I believe a shipping note of the new handbook was found, is that correct everyone? My mind's a little hazy.

Yeah, the shipping note was leaked as always... this is the motive we expected the GH the past week...

The picture is from the 8th edition Wood Elves book. English edition page 47 Wild Riders. But I agree that the mount resembles the stag of the Glade Lord and not the deers from the Wild Riders.

Im not really tempted by the box. What else could we expect next week? Mage and archers perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thalandor said:

The picture is from the 8th edition Wood Elves book. English edition page 47 Wild Riders. But I agree that the mount resembles the stag of the Glade Lord and not the deers from the Wild Riders.

Im not really tempted by the box. What else could we expect next week? Mage and archers perhaps?

I think the next week they will launch all the army. Lumineth are very few boxes. But with rhythm of launching the GH is going to be delayed more...

4 hours ago, Nos said:

Those Space Marines are more AOS than much of AOS is, as are the Sisters and Ad Mech. At this rate 3rd edition is just going to be 40k and AOS meeting up in the middle

Hope you are right, I want to start a 40k army and I can't decide 😝

On 6/12/2020 at 2:33 PM, TheR00zle said:

It's worth remembering that this isn't necessarily something GW had completely free choice in, as pointed out on twitter: 

Though I think it might technically be coming from the UK's Prudential Regulation Authority: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/prudential-regulation/publication/2020/pra-statement-on-deposit-takers-approach-to-dividend-payments-share-buybacks-and-cash-bonuses

It's a large company acting like a large company. That doesn't mean it's acting in a dastardly fashion but ultimately altruism or having a heart aren't useful ways of understanding GW's actions.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time that GW has kicked off a brand new AoS faction with a limited release box set right? The only other time I remember them doing something similar was with sisters of battle and it ended up taking like... a month or two to get the whole range out afterwards didn't it? Or am I forgetting something?

After thinking and talking with friends I hope the next weeks will be like this:

20June --- Pre-Order Lumineth Box
21June --- Next Week    First half Lumineth Army   (Battletome, warscroll cards, spear, cavalry, archers, hammers and wizard with big horns)

27June --- Pre-Order     First half Lumineth Army
28June --- Next Week   Second half Lumineth Army (Teclis, Big cow, the lady, Eltharion and the Endless Spells)

4July--- Pre-Order     Second half Lumineth Army
5July--- Next week General Handbook 2020 and Two next week 40k new Edition Box

11July--- Pre-Order    General Handbook 2020 and Two next week 40k new Edition Box
12July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k

18July--- Pre-Order 40k new Edition Box again
19July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k, (Necron and Marine Codex, datacards, new units of the box)

25July--- Pre-Order Warhammer 40k Units of the box 
26July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k The second wave with the buggy, the big gun...

End of August: Sons of Behemat