The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

Just passing on this rumor I got from my FLGS based on discussions with his distributor... preorder dates, apply salt liberally

Psychic Awakening: Engine of War obviously pre-order 5/29

Lumineth 6/6

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider 6/20

Sons of Behamat 7/4

9th ed 7/18

Psychic Awakening: Pariah August

Necron release August

AoS campaign book August (like Wrath of the Everchosen)

Hopefully, I'd like to hear about what's after giants soon (and more about giants too)
Couple gaps there, Necro/Aeronautica/Underworlds slot in easily enough if the rumour is a good one.

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Same. With that being Age of Sigmar's 5th anniversary it'd make sense for a grandiose release that'll likely be near the new GHB release so the new factions get included after they've released.

Exciting stuff! :D

Oh it's the Anniversary as well? That's just made me more excited!!

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Hopefully, I'd like to hear about what's after giants soon (and more about giants too)
Couple gaps there, Necro/Aeronautica/Underworlds slot in easily enough if the rumour is a good one.

After the Gargants I'm hoping itll be a new Campaign book.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I was most excited for a "Troggoth king" mention. 🙂

That is pretty awesome! That is why I love AOS is there is usually something for everyone. I am not interested in Lumineth (not my type of Cow-azy) or Gargants but I know I can keep working on the armies I enjoy and becoming a better player until something I am interested in like crazy Vampire Pirates or Gholem toting Dwarves come along.

Edited by NkfPanda

Never assume - it could be Seraphon icongraphy on a base decorating a Stormcast standing over their broken bodies; a Chaos Mage who stole a powerful artifact of the Seraphon. 

There was a lizard scale preview months back which when it was revealed, was a space marine! The character had a dead lizard skin on it and we'd seen the lizardskin. 

So never assume - the machine can lie! 

I see many ramblings on here and other places (like Hasting's comment on War of Sigmar) about a new Warhammer Quest game....

WHAT OF IT ???

Between Warcry and Underworlds, I don't think my heart could take so much glorious worldbuiling sculpts in (if they are as good as the Blackstone fortresses ones, that is). 

• Like 3

Imagine Warhammer Quest in AoS with the same level of support as Blackstone...  Silver Tower was amazing but too ripetitive, BF really improved with diversity of enemies too! I just hope the sprues will now be better arranged to allow resale of the miniatures long after the game is gone 

• Like 1

I would love a new Warhammer Quest in AoS. My friends and I played the entire campaigns of Silver Tower and Shadows Over Hammerhal. We felt Blackstone Fortress was dry and stale and did not finish the campaign (although I loved the models). In a hypothetical return to AoS, I'd love new models like Silver Tower but would also want to see a departure from the Blackstone Fortress mechanics.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:19 AM, Sactownbri said:

Just passing on this rumor I got from my FLGS based on discussions with his distributor... preorder dates, apply salt liberally

Psychic Awakening: Engine of War obviously pre-order 5/29

Lumineth 6/6

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider 6/20

Sons of Behamat 7/4

9th ed 7/18

Psychic Awakening: Pariah August

Necron release August

AoS campaign book August (like Wrath of the Everchosen)

I honnestly don't beleive this for several reasons but I might be wrong....

- Psychic Awekening Pariah after 40 9th? Nope, non sense...

- 9th second half of july while they tease everything (officialy) during June, from now on? nope, too late..

- - 9th second half of july to let all the players take the time to build an army during summer? this is a bit late. For me, 9th will come sooner 

- Lumineth is ok but...

- Sons of Behemat (that I'm looking forward!!! neeeeeeed!) just LESS than a month after a new army and being a ONE KIT super expensive ? this'd be unprecedented, especilly just before the launch of the super big cash cow 40k v9...

This list has some serious timing flaws...I can't beleive it. For me, all Psy Awekening are out in june (only PA8&9 remaining), Sons in early june of course and big launch of 40kv9 end june early July...

...but again, maybe I'm wrong... 

Edited by GeneralZero

Thing is most of these were spread out over 4 months - GW now has 2 months without anything going out rammed into the back-end of another 2 months or so of releases. So things will seem odd and squashed. Sons of Behamat is a pretty small release all told since its basically a book and a single kit - whilst it might not get the show-stopping attention it would have done, its at least something GW can put out pretty easily alongside other things. Heck they might even launch Luminoth and Sons at the same time. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, calcysimon said:

could be be huge singol model release? 1 for each faction

unknown.png

Middle one on the bottom row isn't Scions of the Flame, it's something new and chaotic. Wonder when the Scions will be released for that matter...

RE: that release schedule, it does have the weirdness of what seems to be the final Psychic Awakening book, Pariah, released after 9th edition 40k. It's odd because Pariah's the book that most clearly is intended to lead up to the return of the Silent King and the big push of the necrons.

It's not a slam dunk against it though, I can see how a 9th ed. launch is the kind of thing you'd struggle to move or rearrange. GW has tended to make these significant dates where staff couldn't take leave and such.

Edited by sandlemad

9 hours ago, lordreaven448 said:

I'm feeling dumb, but how would that indicate Vampire pirates?

It doesn't really. But if you really want Vampire pirates to be a thing the mention of a harbor in Shyish is enough to get excited I guess:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Thing is most of these were spread out over 4 months - GW now has 2 months without anything going out rammed into the back-end of another 2 months or so of releases. So things will seem odd and squashed. Sons of Behamat is a pretty small release all told since its basically a book and a single kit - whilst it might not get the show-stopping attention it would have done, its at least something GW can put out pretty easily alongside other things. Heck they might even launch Luminoth and Sons at the same time. 

I've been of the mind since the delays that the Sons could be put out at the same time as the Lumineth seeing as its literally, One kit, a Battletome and Warscroll cards. If its dropped early June or in June at all I'll be over the damn (bad) moon.

It would also make sense for GW to push everything out rather quickly even if it means releases are a bit stacked, better to have 3 months packed full of releases as opposed to the knock on effect of things being delayed months if not years down the line.

Thing is I don't think GW can easily sit on years and years worth of releases when they've got big things like 9th edition coming out at set moments. I expect the PA stuff to suffer a bit because it marketing relied on only hints of 9th edition rather than "here it is next week". That said most of the ones coming out now have some really fancy models with them so I think they'll overall do well. 

The problem of SoB is not that it is a one kit+book: the problem is that it is only one EXPENSIVE kit. For those that are many (majority?) of us that collect and/or play both AoS and 40K, having in the very same month the sons+new 40K is a really big expense, an invest that many won't do. But if GW acts as usual, maintaining the hype for both means that they will strongly separate the releases : at least one month separation I think.

• Like 1

Son's has one bonus - its one big expensive kit; but its also a mercenary kit. They are being made just like Imperial Knights in that the idea is clearly that there will be a core who will buy them on their own and then many others who perhaps get one giant for each of their armies and then just throw their giants together into an army after that. 

• Like 2