The Rumour Thread

The whole AoS focus had a dramatic shift very early in its life; everything pre 2.0 was very bumpy and uncertain and 2.0 itself was GW cleaning house and sorting things out for at least the mid if not long term. There's some theory that Cities of Sigmar could be a bit like Legions of Nagash; however I suspect that when GW gets to pass it over with new and updated models we might well see more of the steam-punk styles come out then. So its perhaps an army that will life for a fairly long while, but will then get a very big change to the unit types and styles and appearances. 

• Like 3

to continue the CoS talk:
You know what I really missed about the CoS Battletome were the Lore Sections for every Unit/Warscroll which one would find in any other 2.0 Battletome. 😢 Even if those are not sophisticated Literature by any stretch of the Imagination, this Lore sections feel vital when you as a Player want to have more of a feel for the Units. The short Stories were nice but couldn't cover up this loss in my view.

This is in my opinion the strongest argument for the Rumour that Cities of Sigmar is a "bandaid" Battletome. Does Legions of Nagash have a Lore Section for Skeleton Warriors, Grave Guard, Spirit Hosts, etc? I do think yes but I am unsure.
I dont want to sound nitpicking by any means, I am glad that every warscroll has a Battletome now - the Lore part is just something to consider and be aware of. As @Greyshadow said, the Range will change quite drastically in the Future and on the Road towards 3.0.
Random completely irrelevant fact at the end: An Eternal Guard Bannerbearer was labeled as a Wildwood Ranger in the Army painting section of the CoS BT! This goes into my personal Aelven Scroll of Grudges! 😆

• Like 2

I think an overhaul of the Cities would at least be post 3.0 in my opinion. The Sacrosanct, Nighthaunt, Bonereapers, Slaves, and Lumineth all fit nicely into the Soul Wars narrative. Cities 2 might fit better in the next chapter.  Could the next chapter and edition occur next year? If we start to see the shadows of a major new story arc then maybe. Could Sons of Behemat be the start of a new destruction plot arc? (Oh my,  I would LOVE that and maybe Cities would fit well with such a theme.) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I think an overhaul of the Cities would at least be post 3.0 in my opinion. The Sacrosanct, Nighthaunt, Bonereapers, Slaves, and Lumineth all fit nicely into the Soul Wars narrative. Cities 2 might fit better in the next chapter.  Could the next chapter and edition occur next year? If we start to see the shadows of a major new story arc then maybe. Could Sons of Behemat be the start of a new destruction plot arc? (Oh my,  I would LOVE that and maybe Cities would fit well with such a theme.) 

I'd bloody love for the Sons to become a major driving force in the AOS storyline. Hopefully if the next Campaign book is the Siege of Excelsis with Gordrakk using the God Beast skull battering ram to take the city, the Sons of Behemat become an integral force to take the city. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The whole AoS focus had a dramatic shift very early in its life; everything pre 2.0 was very bumpy and uncertain and 2.0 itself was GW cleaning house and sorting things out for at least the mid if not long term. There's some theory that Cities of Sigmar could be a bit like Legions of Nagash; however I suspect that when GW gets to pass it over with new and updated models we might well see more of the steam-punk styles come out then. So its perhaps an army that will life for a fairly long while, but will then get a very big change to the unit types and styles and appearances. 

AOS 3.0 or even 2.5 I'd love to see Cities get a proper update. Even if they kept the 2.0 BT for 2.5 and simply updated the models. I absolutely love the human element in AOS and just hope it gets it's just desserts some day.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 6:16 AM, 123lac said:

Man, imagine having a huge collection from WHFB that you then rebased for using as CoS in AoS 2, only to find out they are squatted in AoS 3 and you now need to re-base them back to squares to play in the Old World. 

I'd be irate. 

As a Bretonian player, I just want to be able to lance charge again with modern rules. 8th Ed is creaky and complex, and End Times is just crazy unbalanced. Lance charges, they are coming back!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

As a Bretonian player, I just want to be able to lance charge again with modern rules. 8th Ed is creaky and complex, and End Times is just crazy unbalanced. Lance charges, they are coming back!

Depending on the initial focus and the maps shared until now Bretonnia risks to stay out for a long while as things concentrate in the east... I would not mind to see something new coming to the Old World.

Speaking of which I think it’s time to learn a bit more about Gargant rules as would be interesting to know how they play.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

You may ask the chaos players what they think of lance charges.

Be carefull what you wish for.

• Like 1

Just use the Hammerhalian Lancer rules from Cities of Sigmar and run down the foes with a demigryph lancehost. Throw in Stormcast Extremis or the future Lumineth lancers for more shining cavaliers that can actually pull off arrow and wedge formations without breaking the game. ;)

15 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Could Sons of Behemat be the start of a new destruction plot arc? (Oh my,  I would LOVE that and maybe Cities would fit well with such a theme.) 

I feel it's pretty likely. Malign Portents opened with lots of death love, maps of Shyish (before and after the Nadir) and some asides to events in the realm of metal all surrounding the Soul Wars.

I can see the same with the Mega-gargants, Gordrakk, (hopefully Grotbag scuttlers), Ghur needing a map, a new global campaign and events in the realm of light & Eight-points as our asides.

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Speaking of which I think it’s time to learn a bit more about Gargant rules as would be interesting to know how they play.

Agreed. I think it's pretty safe to say they'll have the Beastclaw Raiders ability to capture objectives so they're effective on their own but I'm really interested in sub-factions. With only three titans will they be like the usual despite the lack of units and just made up for with model bits customization options or dependent on which realms they hail from or armies they ally with?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Depending on the initial focus and the maps shared until now Bretonnia risks to stay out for a long while as things concentrate in the east... I would not mind to see something new coming to the Old World.

Im hoping we start getting articles about the Sons soon. I'm hoping for a July release but at this point it could even be August.  

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Just use the Hammerhalian Lancer rules from Cities of Sigmar and run down the foes with a demigryph lancehost. Throw in Stormcast Extremis or the future Lumineth lancers for more shining cavaliers that can actually pull off arrow and wedge formations without breaking the game. ;)

I feel it's pretty likely. Malign Portents opened with lots of death love, maps of Shyish (before and after the Nadir) and some asides to events in the realm of metal all surrounding the Soul Wars.

I can see the same with the Mega-gargants, Gordrakk, (hopefully Grotbag scuttlers), Ghur needing a map, a new global campaign and events in the realm of light & Eight-points as our asides.

Agreed. I think it's pretty safe to say they'll have the Beastclaw Raiders ability to capture objectives so they're effective on their own but I'm really interested in sub-factions. With only three titans will they be like the usual despite the lack of units and just made up for with model bits customization options or dependent on which realms they hail from or armies they ally with?

I really hope that the Lumineth drop in June leaving a July release for the Sons. But with the 40K 9th Edition announcement I'm worried that it will take up the lions share of June and end up pushing the Lumineth into July and the Sons to August.

Heres hoping we get a new Campaign book not long after the Sons release.

• Like 2

The newsletter giveaway for 40k says the prizes will be sent out in July and based on the price of 120£ it will probably be the new 40k starter for 9th edition so expect July to be a 40k heavy month with the new edition, Lumineth in June and the Sons to come in August

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

The newsletter giveaway for 40k says the prizes will be sent out in July and based on the price of 120£ it will probably be the new 40k starter for 9th edition so expect July to be a 40k heavy month with the new edition, Lumineth in June and the Sons to come in August

Dammit I was hoping the Sons would be July. I'm still holding out for the slightest bit of hope that they drop late June. It is what it is, happy for the 40K players.

Edited by KingBrodd

That sure is an Owl, yep...

Quick observations:

It's a realistic looking bird, so almost certainly fantasy and not 40k

Probably not Lumineth as it doesn't seem they are holding anything back, and they're too busy putting cows on everything these days anyway.

It's very small, as you can tell from it being barely able to fit any feathering into the wings. Probably just an infantry or foot hero model.

It would fit very well with Wanderers/Kurnothi/Sylvaneth, so I'll guess something along those lines. Probably just another Warcry/Underworlds thing, though.

Edited by madmac

in one of the studio previews they showed a treeman for blood bowl with a squirrel. maybe one of the other members of this teams has an owl hiding somewhere?

I was thinking about the Lumineth release and I really hope GW has a trick up their sleeve to create a tiny bit of hype when releasing them. with the release of new 40K around the corner and hype building for the giants, the Lumineth have faded a bit to the background. 

• Like 1

Just now, elfhead said:

in one of the studio previews they showed a treeman for blood bowl with a squirrel. maybe one of the other members of this teams has an owl hiding somewhere?

I was thinking about the Lumineth release and I really hope GW has a trick up their sleeve to create a tiny bit of hype when releasing them. with the release of new 40K around the corner and hype building for the giants, the Lumineth have faded a bit to the background. 

The Lumineth were unfortunately a victim if the virus. They should've realistically been released in April with 9th Edition now in May and then Sons of Behemat in June. Because of the delay GW has had to stretch out its hype and marketing with the Lumineth Lowdowns and not wanting to show all of the range the longer the lockdown has gone on. It's probably fatigued a few people and those who dont like the range have been quite vocal about it as time has gone on.

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The Lumineth were unfortunately a victim if the virus. They should've realistically been released in April with 9th Edition now in May and then Sons of Behemat in June. Because of the delay GW has had to stretch out its hype and marketing with the Lumineth Lowdowns and not wanting to show all of the range the longer the lockdown has gone on. It's probably fatigued a few people and those who dont like the range have been quite vocal about it as time has gone on.

Yeah, I understand all this. I just hope they make an effort to do a little more than just release the models and that's it. Just one more good article (where they talk about more than just the rubble on the bases...) or even surprising everyone with a model we haven't see before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

Yeah, I understand all this. I just hope they make an effort to do a little more than just release the models and that's it. Just one more good article (where they talk about more than just the rubble on the bases...) or even surprising everyone with a model we haven't see before. 

Oh I agree I have no problems with the Lumineth personally I think they look awesome, especially the Mountain Spirits, so I hope they get a good strong marketing campaign with a few more reveals.

• Like 1