The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Here a list that seems "legit" about old/new price (in €)

https://imgur.com/a/3mQ4ve7

I'm at the end of finishing most of my armies but I intended to invest this year in few things. Especially this summer to get done with my main armies (Archaon and several secondary HQ, not mandatory ...). The budget was around 250€.

TBH, now, I'm seriously thinking of postponing buying to invest in a resin printer (same budget). Not really to replace the miniature, but more to enjoy this hobby in another complementary way that opens so widely on another world! (for far less money).

BTW few things that I noticed: 

- several BASIC troops increase: unacceptable! (skeletons, skitarrii, rubrics, etc....)

- several old not super detailed kits with poor sprues but MANDATORY  in several armies: spawns (I love this kit through...) daemon prince (golly gee!!!???!!!)....

- monsters/behemoths: worst example is vermilord: was cheap, already raised last year dramatically and now will be priced sky high!!! 

- most things +10%, several important kits (= mandatory in several armies and efficient=spamable) are way more 20% increase

Weird how they reduced the price of the Megaboss on foot but and didn't increase the price on some units while they did to the vast majority.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

It will be interesting to see what comes up for pre order next weekend. Will it be the entirety of the Lumineth shown so far? Or just their Battlebox and Eltharion?

I'm assuming that the first week of preorder will include the stuff they were planning to release next before the lockdown, so LotR made to order and Zoats. Given that that would have been a "light" week as far as the major systems are concerned it wouldn't surprise me if they added in some of the other stuff they are behind on, but I feel like starting out with Lumineth might be a bit much, if they are still spinning up their production.

Starting with a made to order run defers some of the need to ship out new products immediately. Could be completely wrong though!

I expect next weeks preorder to be at least what is shown in the banner of the announcement so Zoats, Engine War (which includes multiple Admech kits) and Aeronautica so more than usual which makes me think they want to get back on track soon

Edited by Matrindur

I think that next week (06/30) preorder will be all the 40k range (Psy Akekening 7 + Admech , eventually zoat etc...) and then the Lumineth range (maybe split in 2 weeks/times) making the whole thing less than a month.

We will be fixed Saturday with the BIG reveal. My guess: saturday, big 40K v9 anouncement. Calendar as usual for such a thing: summer 2020. They (almost) won't delay anything about this big release. That's why I think  PA 7&8&9 will be out in no time and lumineth  ASAP (to keep AoS interest  & focus as high as possible).

For AoS, my main interest goes to Sons of Behemat, but honnestly, I don't see them out before september the sooner.

• Like 1

The interesting thing will be if set time releases, Christmas battle boxes, ghb, winter point update, etc will be postponed/changed. Or if they will keep them set as much as possible and re-arrange the last to months of releases around that. 

Unless they rush some releases out it shouldn't be to hard to guess when things come out. They have reduced white dwarf to ten issues this year so it wouldn't surprise me if they just delayed everything by 2 months. 

In that case we will probably see Lumineth in June and sons of Behemat on July with the ghb in August. 

If we really do see a new edition of 40k this year that probably means we won't see much for AOS for 2 or 3 months after the ghb.

39 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I think that next week (06/30) preorder will be all the 40k range (Psy Akekening 7 + Admech , eventually zoat etc...) and then the Lumineth range (maybe split in 2 weeks/times) making the whole thing less than a month.

We will be fixed Saturday with the BIG reveal. My guess: saturday, big 40K v9 anouncement. Calendar as usual for such a thing: summer 2020. They (almost) won't delay anything about this big release. That's why I think  PA 7&8&9 will be out in no time and lumineth  ASAP (to keep AoS interest  & focus as high as possible).

For AoS, my main interest goes to Sons of Behemat, but honnestly, I don't see them out before september the sooner.

I think the Sons are coming in July maybe August at the latest. 

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Unless they rush some releases out it shouldn't be to hard to guess when things come out. They have reduced white dwarf to ten issues this year so it wouldn't surprise me if they just delayed everything by 2 months. 

In that case we will probably see Lumineth in June and sons of Behemat on July with the ghb in August. 

If we really do see a new edition of 40k this year that probably means we won't see much for AOS for 2 or 3 months after the ghb.

July release for the Sons seems most likely with Lumineth spread throughout June. Then seeing as the Sons is so far just a single model with a BT and Warscroll cards they can drop the entire range one weekend in July. Or even in June itself to split up the Lumineth release if they so choose.

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

Which they raised the prices of. Start collecting me from 65 to 80 euros in a lot of cases. That’s close to 25% raise. 
and now all the underworld warbands are in this list. 

Just realised though that several resellers lowered the black stone fortress price. At least, at games workshop it’s 125. At element games it’s now 104,50 before the discount. 

I dont mean literally that they will reduce start collecting prices.

I mean those are an example of GWs ability to create lower entry products and options if needed while still charging a premium for the majority of customers who continue to invest at that level 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

This has been repeated every year for the last 20 years.

Gee, I dunno. Maybe there is a bloody good reason for it.

kinda strange how we cannot talk about the news that’s affecting the entire AOS range but what can ya do.

anyways, how about them Lumineth? Any rumblings about pre orders coming yet?

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Gee, I dunno. Maybe there is a bloody good reason for it.

kinda strange how we cannot talk about the news that’s affecting the entire AOS range but what can ya do.

anyways, how about them Lumineth? Any rumblings about pre orders coming yet?

Yup, pre orders commencing next week from the 30th pf May, though bybthe look of the flyer it looks like just Mechanicum and the Zoat. Maybe Lumineth after?🤞

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/21/heads-up-price-adjustment-new-releases/

43 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Yup, pre orders commencing next week from the 30th pf May, though bybthe look of the flyer it looks like just Mechanicum and the Zoat. Maybe Lumineth after?🤞

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/21/heads-up-price-adjustment-new-releases/

The sooner the Lumineth are released the better, because that means its sooner for the Sons of Behemat release!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

jeeze whatever that was was taken down quick, so was it actually 9th edition or just a bunch of models?

New edition was announced, "release of many new models", Necrons were mentioned in particular. New Rules, lots of Point Changes, Codexes will stay valid as PA naturally. FW stuff will change mostly. Wave of new Codexes incoming and something about a new Crusade mod for narrative play.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, godhand said:

New edition was announced, "release of many new models", Necrons were mentioned in particular. New Rules, lots of Point Changes, Codexes will stay valid as PA naturally. FW stuff will change mostly. Wave of new Codexes incoming and something about a new Crusade mod for narrative play.

Sounds interesting - I'm glad they mentioned new models- I hope we might get a wee taste of some of them in the reveal [please have new Nids... or Squats or exodites/corsairs].

Much more interesting potentially than just announcing a new edition [providing there are new xenos models ]