The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well with only increases nothing good comes out at the end.
sometimes both are needed, and other times a reduction might really be helpful for those overcosted units in the skaven roster (or for any faction in that matter),which is basically 70% of the book

in an ideal world yes, but how GW balance process goes that not usually the case

like if they all of a sudden nerf Petrefix elite for OBR, they usually not at the same time lowering the cost of some of their units to compensate for the nerf.

though with Skaven maybe they have adjusted all the problem units at the correct cost already and may start helping overcosted units but I don't know. they are probably a good amount of units that are still undercosted in the roster 

9 hours ago, Overread said:

It all depends when GW can turn their factory back on. This might even have to legally wait for the government to allow it; or it might be that they are having trouble working out a safe approach to reactivation. We also can't overlook that key staff might also be in lockdown either due to suffering from corona; being in a group that was exposed or even living with (or being) high-risk groups on tighter lockdown. 

I think our best estimation is 2-4 weeks after factory opening before we'll start to see new things roll out. Now GW might start bunching up releases to do larger blocks even if they can't keep up with demand on the angle of getting product into the market to get back to their original schedule and because the rest of their range will also be spotty on supplies. 

There is a lag time from manufacturing to hitting shelves, stuff going up for sale someday got manufactured quite a while ago and spent a bunch of time in transit or in a warehouse.
So the LRL probably have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for some time along with Engine Kill stuff. Just waiting on the green light.

2 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

There is a lag time from manufacturing to hitting shelves, stuff going up for sale someday got manufactured quite a while ago and spent a bunch of time in transit or in a warehouse.
So the LRL probably have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for some time along with Engine Kill stuff. Just waiting on the green light.

Hopefully so as the Sons of Behemat Battletome and Warscrolls were leaked on a shipping manifest months ago, so hopefully that means the LRL will be released early June and the Sons early July.

46 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

I hope they release stuff soon, mainly so we can move onto something else. I'm a little fatigued from the Lumineth 5 month Lowdown but I understand it can't be helped.

I thought they wouldve moved onto Sons articles by now but I guess they want to keep the hype train running full ahead for their first release.

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

True, though it maybe depends on where those warehouses are. They tend to like to release things at the same time across the regions, so if say they didn't manage to get anything to the US before everything got messed up, then they are unlikely to release it, even if they have more than enough stock sat in the UK (for example).

The other thing to remember is while their warehouse is open they are operating at a much lower level, getting normal orders out is taking a lot longer than normal- they might want to wait until their packing an shipping capacity is up or they are through any backlog before they put up new stuff. 

They typically work on a pretty structured release schedule, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sons and even more are ready to go. That being said if they follow their regular pattern and release all of that at a normal pace then, after it's done, there's going to be a couple month gap where we get absolutely nothing again. I'm pretty sure they'll add a few extra weeks between the next couple releases to try to and absorb the time lost in quarantine and keep people at least partially engaged. I expect they'll be milking realmlords and then Sons for quite a while.  

Edited by Grimrock

28 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

They typically work on a pretty structured release schedule, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sons and even more are ready to go. That being said if they follow their regular pattern and release all of that at a normal pace then, after it's done, there's going to be a couple month gap where we get absolutely nothing again. I'm pretty sure they'll add a few extra weeks between the next couple releases to try to and absorb the time lost in quarantine and keep people at least partially engaged. I expect they'll be milking realmlords and then Sons for quite a while.  

Hopefully Sons isnt milked too hard or too long. As far as we know right now it's literally A model, a Battletome and Warscrolls cards.

Considering that GW financial year is ending on 30th of May 

They already said they are expecting revenue for 6 months from 1st november not less than 70 m pounds (which is great considering covid lockdown)

June usually start the financial year  with a boom : new edition ,new starter box , big release

Edited by cyrus

Looks like this sword either has a thorny vine wrapped around the cross-guard or some kind of ornamentation made to look like it which makes me think it's got a Wanderers feel to it but it could also be soulblight if they're sticking with the gothic look as I could see it fitting there too. Either way I think it'll be from a warcry model. 

My mind went towards wanderers as well but looking at it again, I think this definitely is a vampire. There's the drops of blood alright and I'd make a connection between those two protrusions on the blade, which have some similarities to old undead models (and current Mephiston) but the real giveaway is the combination of a curvy handguard with a straight quillons. That is characteristic of most modern GW vampire sculpts with swords. See below.

99800207007_VampireLordKonradVonCarstein

99810207006_BloodKnightsNEW02.jpg

image.png.22817eaa29693f0a87b8de998ae1fdcc.png

99800207001_WingedVampireLordNEW02.jpg

99800207003_VladvonCarsteinNEW03.jpg

New Soulblight, who up.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Eh, I dunno about specific bloodlines, feels like the opposite kind of direction to how most AoS goes. Those were very Old World-specific and kind of totalising in a sense, like all vampires had to have a specific pre-defined background derived from their bloodline. That doesn't quite square with the more open approach to faction background you get in AoS.

Even in 7th edition WHFB GW was moving away from very discrete bloodlines as the main focus (though they brought them back a little in 8th edition) on the basis that they'd become sort of flanderised and led to ideas like "all Von Carsteins wear evening dress all the time", "if your vampire has armour or is at all martial, he must be a Blood Dragon", etc.  Too much like VC-branded chaos marks, was the concern. The broad concepts were still there - e.g. Neferata was still scheming - but there was more of a unified vampire aesthetic put forward in the art and in the models, meant to represent a Von Carstein or a Blood Dragon or a Necrarch or a Lahmian, though less so a Strigoi.

I'd expect bloodlines to come in as something more like army subfactions. There in the background and with some rules differences but not directly represented in the sculpts. It would also be weird to see more Strigos when that would be moving in on conceptual/visual territory already covered by FEC.

Edited by sandlemad