The Rumour Thread

Well, there is no way that isn't Seraphon or Lizardmen related! It has all of their design language, and that design language is pretty unique to them.

But since that would be far too obvious, its either going to be the return of the Space Slann for an obscure 40K spin off game, or else Warhammer Historical Battles is coming back, and this is for the actual Aztecs!

7 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, there is no way that isn't Seraphon or Lizardmen related! It has all of their design language, and that design language is pretty unique to them.

But since that would be far too obvious, its either going to be the return of the Space Slann for an obscure 40K spin off game, or else Warhammer Historical Battles is coming back, and this is for the actual Aztecs!

It so blatantly obvious that its Seraphon that it could also not be haha

41 minutes ago, michu said:

Maybe it new Saurus Temple Guard for WHU/Warcry?

That would be badass!!

13 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Clearly a bit to put on a Gargants base. :P

Oh dont tempt me with a good time!! Scaley bois go squish.

28 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

My thoughts exactly!

I cannot wait to get a good look at the kit. If it's anything like the Aleguzzler there is going to be so much extra gubbins.

53 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Underworlds/Warcry warband perhaps?

This seems most likely to me. The perfect way to add to existing ranges.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

A kit of squished bodies to put under gargant feet. :D

Oh damn I would love that!! Squished up Factions would be amazing. Maybe one from each of the Alliances? Like a Moonclan Grot, an Ossiarch bone pile, a Freeguild or Fyreslayer body and a Chaos Warrior.

Regarding the opening up of gw, It is my understanding that any new release is manufactured at least a couple of Months ahead of release. So presumably, Engine war, the new Aeronautica stuff and Lumineth box set have already been manufactured and are just sitting in a warehouse waiting to be released. It is possible that gw wants to wait until they can ship globally before they start release new models, but it wouldn't surprise me to see new stuff start to come out by the end of May.

• Like 1

My money is on a Skink Priest with the feathercloak ! The old kit is both old and resin and it is the perfect hero to have in Underworlds or Warcry with maybe a Saurus Guard and two skinks

EDIT : I noticed that the Skink Priest weapon profile is named Star-stone staff and could be the weapon in the rumour engine.

Edited by Túrbóbelja
Addition to post

Thinking some more on this, it’s weird that they would release new minis so soon after the Seraphon Battletome. If it’s an underworlds warband then they always have a warscroll to run them in AoS, but now it’s too late for that to be included in their tome.

If it’s for Warcry, so far they haven’t released any new minis for existing factions? Only repackaged existing minis with cards in some cases or just the card packs.

Maybe it will be a re-sculpt of an existing mini/minis in plastic.

I reckon later in the year there will be a battlebox with a new plastic Seraphon hero, in much the same way as last year Gitz got their tome, then a few months later Looncurse came out with the new boss on giant squig.

Edited by GrimDork

40 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Thinking some more on this, it’s weird that they would release new minis so soon after the Seraphon Battletome. If it’s an underworlds warband then they always have a warscroll to run them in AoS, but now it’s too late for that to be included in their tome.

If it’s for Warcry, so far they haven’t released any new minis for existing factions? Only repackaged existing minis with cards in some cases or just the card packs.

Maybe it will be a re-sculpt of an existing mini/minis in plastic.

I reckon later in the year there will be a battlebox with a new plastic Seraphon hero, in much the same way as last year Gitz got their tome, then a few months later Looncurse came out with the new boss on giant squig.

You must’ve missed the Daughters of Khaine Warcry warband with new models revealed in the last reveal show then?

And Warhammer Underworlds warbands come out with AoS rules not in Battletomes all the time. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

You must’ve missed the Daughters of Khaine Warcry warband with new models revealed in the last reveal show then?

And Warhammer Underworlds warbands come out with AoS rules not in Battletomes all the time. 

DoK tome was quite a while ago now tho(2 years + IIRC). 
So was MoN tome who got a warband fairly recently.

Saying that, I’m not sure if the BCR warband was before or after Mawtribes tome, so maybe I’m off base with my rationale?

6 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I hope so but -as usual - I'm afraid that we won't get it. 

As we will have the warscrolls playable in all armies, does anybody know a miniature (not that mini 😉 ) which mega gargant size but look like a zomby or a suqlly or a ghouly ? I'd like to have such a giant in my death army, even if it is not GW mini. (same question  for chaos also)

I am thinking I might bite on one of the creature caster demons as possible Chaos proxy. They also have a Nagash looking thing but I am not 100 percent on the scale of their models. If I find anything else I will let you know.  😄

10 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

DoK tome was quite a while ago now tho(2 years + IIRC). 
So was MoN tome who got a warband fairly recently.

Saying that, I’m not sure if the BCR warband was before or after Mawtribes tome, so maybe I’m off base with my rationale?

It was released soon after the Mawtribes book. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh damn I would love that!! Squished up Factions would be amazing. Maybe one from each of the Alliances? Like a Moonclan Grot, an Ossiarch bone pile, a Freeguild or Fyreslayer body and a Chaos Warrior.

Monster ! You already have this poor fellow !

warhammer_giant_goblin_large.jpg.c83633e97a749e4fbe7a4c6dd5a17184.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, xking said:

So with the recent Rumor Engines I think we can say Warhammer Underworld Season 4 will get at least : 

Idoneth, Slaanesh, Seraphon, Ossiarch and Devoted Of Sigmar (not Stormcast, because the comet  Rumor Engine is stylized differently).

For the rest, really looking forward to the eventual new Starter set !

I hope GW uses WHU to release new stuff for AOS. Like the Ogor Hunter or the Nurgle Sorceress. They filled a hole in their respective model range.

Things like Kurnothi are great but I would rather see them in Warcry (more models = more way of exploring a new archetype !)

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So with the recent Rumor Engines I think we can say Warhammer Underworld Season 4 will get at least : 

Idoneth, Slaanesh, Seraphon, Ossiarch and Devoted Of Sigmar (not Stormcast, because the comet  Rumor Engine is stylized differently).

For the rest, really looking forward to the eventual new Starter set !

I hope GW uses WHU to release new stuff for AOS. Like the Ogor Hunter or the Nurgle Sorceress. They filled a hole in their respective model range.

Things like Kurnothi are great but I would rather see them in Warcry (more models = more way of exploring a new archetype !)

With the DoK Warcry band, it’s quite hard to guess whether rumour engines are for Underworlds or Warcry now. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Still-young said:

With the DoK Warcry band, it’s quite hard to guess whether rumour engines are for Underworlds or Warcry now. 

We know GW tends to stick with models drawn from currently existing or "classic" units for WHU, and seems keen to explore new ground with Warcry (for e.g. DOK ; the WHU warband is entirely made from existing and classic units, but for Warcry the DOK Khainite Shadowstalkers explore the Spies and Assassins tropes - based on the Silver Tower models). 

And the Warcry Cards cover most of the classic units in AOS range already. (For example you can already play a classic Witch Aelves in Warcry with their Cards, either by using the original AOS kit, or soon with the new WHU warbands). Later you'll get one more option to play another aspect of DoK in Warcy with the Shadowstalkers.

And in the last season the WHU teams have mostly been an (existing in the fluff-rules but not yet updated individually) Hero + a Retinue (Blood Queen, Ogor Hunter, Nurgle Sorceress, Brayherd Shaman, etc.).

Also, the factions in my last posts are all already playable in Warcry with Cards but are those that haven't yet received a WHU teams, so I guess it adds-up well...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We know GW tends to stick with models drawn from currently existing or "classic" units for WHU, and seems keen to explore new ground with Warcry (for e.g. DOK ; the WHU warband is entirely made from existing and classic units, but for Warcry the DOK Khainite Shadowstalkers explore the Spies and Assassins tropes - based on the Silver Tower models). 

And the Warcry Cards cover most of the classic units in AOS range already. (For example you can already play a classic Witch Aelves in Warcry with their Cards, either by using the original AOS kit, or soon with the new WHU warbands). Later you'll get one more option to play another aspect of DoK in Warcy with the Shadowstalkers.

And in the last season the WHU teams have mostly been an (existing in the fluff-rules but not yet updated individually) Hero + a Retinue (Blood Queen, Ogor Hunter, Nurgle Sorceress, Brayherd Shaman, etc.).

Also, the factions in my last posts are all already playable in Warcry with Cards but are those that haven't yet received a WHU teams, so I guess it adds-up well...

I mean sure, but its hard to tell from the rumour engines whether it's something from a new version of a 'classic' unit or something from a new unit. 

I just think your list of things coming for Underworlds isn't as definite as you seem to think, as some of it could be for Warcry now we know there's new non-chaos bands coming for that. 

29 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I mean sure, but its hard to tell from the rumour engines whether it's something from a new version of a 'classic' unit or something from a new unit. 

I just think your list of things coming for Underworlds isn't as definite as you seem to think, as some of it could be for Warcry now we know there's new non-chaos bands coming for that. 

Yeah of course you are right we can't really know yet. But here is my reasoning on why I think it's a WHU rumor and not a Warcry one :

- We know the RE is for Seraphon. (Okay it could be Amazons....)

- It isn't for Blood Bowl because the team is already out (well could be an expansion) or for AOS because the battletome is already released (well GW could surprises us).

- There already are Warcry cards for Seraphon, but there are no Seraphon WHU bands yet.

- We are at the right time of the year for a teaser of the next WHU warbands (i.e. before a first reveal in May at Warhammer Fest, for an Autumn release). Just like last year with the Kurnothi Rumor engines. And around the same time we also have RE for factions that, like Seraphon, haven't got a WHU release yet (OBR, Slaanesh, Idoneth, etc.)...

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am thinking I might bite on one of the creature caster demons as possible Chaos proxy. They also have a Nagash looking thing but I am not 100 percent on the scale of their models. If I find anything else I will let you know.  😄

That is one of the BIG advantage to get access to Giants warscrolls in all AoS factions: we can proxy some more closer to the faction giants from other manufacturers or even GW himself (I'm thinking on bloodthirster without wings with some of the giants or greater daemons acessories...).

creature caster is a good contender.

For death, I found one that fancies me (maybe by switching some of the mini skellies with some actual GW death minis) : 

mrm_dkl_jut_wht_mbs_802_000_01_large.png

(from fierce miniatures here: https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_jut_wht_mbs_802_000 . the size of the big skelly is

height (to the eye / top of miniature): 142mm / 158mm ) . There are 3 versions of this one.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 4/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, Beastmaster said:

Umm... what?

Every shot is arced in an environment with a non-zero gravity.

And how can a standard range be given in a world of no standardization in draw length, draw weight, material used and projectile measures?

standard measurement? i said 'about' for a reason, and we do know the weights used it exist in a range but they built roughly to a certain standard for each of the things listed. and yes there were attempts at standardization. all english longbows were made from yew wood. the arrows all made from the same kinds of feathers and wood.  there is a reason why i specifically said Teutonic order and English-longbowmen, Danish Longbows and French crossbows might have been (and probably were) built to a different rough standard.

to deny that they knew rough ranges for their projectile weapons is to deny primary sources, from which you might aswell deny all history and say it never happened.

and I mean deliberately arced at higher angles, obviously.

every projectile weapon will have a range for a mostly flat trajectory, and will need to be deliberately angled upwards to achieve a greater range, we have direct written accounts that specifically say that English Long-bowmen did not loose at higher angles while crossbowmen in service to the Teutonic Order did.  don't get overly pissy about scientific terms when i am talking about military terms, breech loading cannons are described as not arcing their shots while mortars did in a similar way, all projectiles arc in reality but acing a weapon involves making useing of ballistics to get a further range.

• Like 2