Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I would be satisfied if GW showed rest of Lumineth and just size comparison of Giants to any existing units. 

Edit

And I still think it would be weird if they didn't make Tyrion. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I would be satisfied if GW showed rest of Lumineth and just size comparison of Giants to any existing units. 

A silhouette compared to the Aleguzzler would be incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Funnily enough I think that Cities is one of the best (if not the best) Battletome ever made:

Loads of options. It makes me buy into armies I don‘t collect and it offers so many varieties concerning listbuilding! 😍

I do agree it is quite a nice battletome, with the different factions and cities coinciding. I do lament the wasted potential alluded to in https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/ (where you could make your own city with quite few elements eventually found in the book) and the lack of battalions.

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I always viewed Cities as a temporary bandaid while they eventually roll our spiritual successors of the Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves and Dwarfs.  With the Lumineth Realmlords being the first. 

I grudgingly agree. I don't like to agree, but the signs are on the wall. I just hope the human faction will not be too religiously toned, diverse and the dwarfs will be heavily armoured with a mining and/or brewing undertone. I like some of the Lumineth sculpts, and even prefer them to the older high elfs, but the 5 ft wide horns on a 4ft hat are not my thing.

1 hour ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I think that they will make a full rework on Cities on the future. Full of new models replacing the Fantasy ones, in order to make an elven-human-dwarf "non-alignment army). They are getting support on the WhCom so I think they will evolve the army into a new style "all in one" army.

Or maybe even they don´t know.

Greetings.

I do hope there'll remain faction like Cities that likes working together between different races, and that has places for more common people.

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

I know lots are not wanting this, but the Stormcast really need a new book.  For the protagonists of the game, they are in a very poor place.  They deserve to work a bit better than they do.  Hopefully we will see something in the preview (although the Gargants would be my first choice 😁)

As much as I don't like Stormcast whole deal, I do agree with the first AoS 2 books getting an update. They've figured out a few things in the time of AoS 2, and it would be signalling the longevity of earlier releases. There are a few dead warscrolls in there, which is a sad thing, because there's a good chance a new player starts with Stormcast, and being told "No, don't get those guys, they're trash" (or worse, finding out when playing) isn't going to help them stay in the game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I do hope there'll remain faction like Cities that likes working together between different races, and that has places for more common people.

Imo it would be amazing if they updated CoS every once in a while with an additional city via White Dwarf. This way  they could directly bake Cities from currently unfolding events into the rules. (Update and add Lethis for example, add Excelsius if it survives Gordrak).

CoS has so many cool possibilities, on which GW could expand without putting much work into it.

Just some ideas for Cities (that Party occur in the lore)

- A city that can add undead units (1 in every 4) (Neferata book)

- A Ghur City that might add any monster (1 in 4)

- A city that can upgrade one unit to a veteran unit

- A city that can add Fyreslayers and chant magmic  invocations.

 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

As much as I don't like Stormcast whole deal, I do agree with the first AoS 2 books getting an update. They've figured out a few things in the time of AoS 2, and it would be signalling the longevity of earlier releases. There are a few dead warscrolls in there, which is a sad thing, because there's a good chance a new player starts with Stormcast, and being told "No, don't get those guys, they're trash" (or worse, finding out when playing) isn't going to help them stay in the game.

Certainly they need to be "user friendly" since a large number of players are learning the game with them.

Additionally, speaking from the whole concept of AoS, the Stormcast basically ARE Age of Sigmar, in a very real way.  They deserve to be a reasonably competitive choice.  Maybe not to the level that Marines are to 40k, but the current situation is a bit out of balance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

- A city that can add Fyreslayers and chant magic invocations.

Hallowheart should by all accounts have been able to include Fyreslayer units the same way other cities can run Kharadon and Sylvaneth. Fyreslayers were one of the factions available to Hallowheart when it debuted in Season of War: Firestorm, they're in the foreground of the only piece of Hallowheart specific art (below), and even took centre stage in the Josh Reynolds story for Halloweart in the CoS battletome

FreeCitiesLore-Sept25-Artwork5gffds.jpg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueraven84 said:

Any idea will we get more Lumineth previews today, or is everything shown already?

Not everything is shown already, but we do not know a 100% if they reveal anything else for the Lumineth today. But it’s very likely that they do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikethefish said:

I know lots are not wanting this, but the Stormcast really need a new book.  For the protagonists of the game, they are in a very poor place.  They deserve to work a bit better than they do.  Hopefully we will see something in the preview (although the Gargants would be my first choice 😁)

I do hope for a new battletome and new mini's. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Hallowheart should by all accounts have been able to include Fyreslayer units the same way other cities can run Kharadon and Sylvaneth. Fyreslayers were one of the factions available to Hallowheart when it debuted in Season of War: Firestorm, they're in the foreground of the only piece of Hallowheart specific art (below), and even took centre stage in the Josh Reynolds story for Halloweart in the CoS battletome

FreeCitiesLore-Sept25-Artwork5gffds.jpg

The "Create your own city" thing really alluded to a different book that I would really like to see, much more freedom than what we eventually received. I would say, however, that giving Fyreslayers to Hallowheart would have a chance of being a bit imbalanced, having both very strong magic and arguably the strongest infantry and do think internal balance does need to take prevalence over fluff. Note that the artwork pictures Fyreslayers with shields, and I don't think that's currently an option.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Certainly they need to be "user friendly" since a large number of players are learning the game with them.

Additionally, speaking from the whole concept of AoS, the Stormcast basically ARE Age of Sigmar, in a very real way.  They deserve to be a reasonably competitive choice.  Maybe not to the level that Marines are to 40k, but the current situation is a bit out of balance.

Yeah, I would love to see stormcast, Nighthaunt and Beasts o’ chaos, being brought up in level with like the skaven, gloomspite gitz, etc.

but being honest I dislike the thought of seeing another wave of shiny stormcast models, when there are armies or faction that are in dire need of some love in models

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Hallowheart should by all accounts have been able to include Fyreslayer units the same way other cities can run Kharadon and Sylvaneth. Fyreslayers were one of the factions available to Hallowheart when it debuted in Season of War: Firestorm, they're in the foreground of the only piece of Hallowheart specific art (below), and even took centre stage in the Josh Reynolds story for Halloweart in the CoS battletome

FreeCitiesLore-Sept25-Artwork5gffds.jpg

An oversight perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah, I would love to see stormcast, Nighthaunt and Beasts o’ chaos, being brought up in level with like the skaven, gloomspite gitz, etc.

but being honest I dislike the thought of seeing another wave of shiny stormcast models, when there are armies or faction that are in dire need of some love in models

 

I mean we don't really need a new wave for GW to generate interest.  Maybe a fun New character, or war machine or something.  Some new model to justify the release of the new book 

Hell, give them some Faction terrain and call it a day.  I think that some sort of Sigmar-themed building (that's not a ruined temple) has been a hole missing from their terrain line for a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I do hope for a new battletome and new mini's. 😉

The only acceptable new miniature for SCE is Hamilcar Bear-Eater.

  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...