The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope that Idoneth get more Monsters soon. Kraken, Giant Crabs, Whale Transports.

Despite my great distaste for Elves - GW almost had me with Idoneth and all of the crazy sea creatures.  But they did not go far enough with that theme for me to fully pull the trigger.  But if they added stuff like huge abyssal Angler Fish, Octopus/Squid - and most importantly giant Crabs then I would have gone all-in.  Titan Forge has a line of alternate Pirate Ogor models and not too long ago they expanded it with their "Raid on the Temple of Serpents" kick-starter.  One of the ogor models was what looks like an alternate stone horn as a huge crab ridden by pirate ogors.  As soon as they release that model for general sale outside of the kickstarter I will probably end up buying like 4 of them.

I am also hopeful that one day GW makes a faction that is more insect themed and has big huge bugs.  Spiderfang has that covered with big huge spiders, and Sylvaneth do have the giant Wardroth Beetle that Alarielle rides, but I would really like a faction that primarily emphasized a bunch of big weird bugs.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

The artwork for the new Lumineth Realm-lords battletome looks like the header for an April Fools joke article on warhammer-community.com you feel bad for because a talented illustrator wasted too much time for this jest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Bayul said:

The artwork for the new Lumineth Realm-lords battletome looks like the header for an April Fools joke article on warhammer-community.com you feel bad for because a talented illustrator wasted too much time for this jest.

What I found most interesting about the article is that the artwork for Teclis is pretty decent.  Teclis himself has a much more interesting floating-in-the-air pose and the creature looks more interesting in the background rather than with Teclis trying to bounce of it's wing like a trampoline or diving board.  I don't know if the artwork or the miniature came first - but the model would be better off it looked like the artwork and Teclis was floating away from the yak-sphinx with a more interesting pose than a swan-dive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I am also hopeful that one day GW makes a faction that is more insect themed and has big huge bugs.  Spiderfang has that covered with big huge spiders, and Sylvaneth do have the giant Wardroth Beetle that Alarielle rides, but I would really like a faction that primarily emphasized a bunch of big weird bugs.

Im totally with you on this. Would love that, although while waiting I would not mind in a small expansion to spider fangs. They already have artillery, wizard, hero, monster and cavalry. Need just decent rules, another couple of line “infantry” and maybe a named hero and they are good. Perfect for a psychic awakening expansion. Would be instant-buy.

57 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Im totally with you on this. Would love that, although while waiting I would not mind in a small expansion to spider fangs. They already have artillery, wizard, hero, monster and cavalry. Need just decent rules, another couple of line “infantry” and maybe a named hero and they are good. Perfect for a psychic awakening expansion. Would be instant-buy.

I am right there with you.  I would love for Spiderfang to be expanded more.  I suspect that they did not have the bandwidth to add more kits when they turned Gloomspite into a full faction and decided to concentrate mostly on Squigs and Troggoths - which I think was the correct call concerning priorities.  Spiderfang had enough to work with to get it by but it is the obvious choice to expand into when they come back around to touch the army again.

I think they could do a lot for Spiderfang simply by updating the rules and allegiance abilities for them.  For example, if they simply made the Arachnarok with Flinger and the Arachnarok with Warparty into battleline choices if the general has the Spiderfang keyword then I think all-spiderfang immediately becomes much more interesting.  If they are going to add new models then I think they need to make a unit of grots mounted on the gigantic spiders that the boss rides on.  A more heavily armed unit on 60mm bases that are meant to be either a hammer or an anvil sort of unit that the current spider rider unit cannot really do since they are mostly a skirmisher sort of unit.  They could also tweak the rules and add the poison ability onto more of the grot weapons - like the boss has with his envenomed spear.  If the bows & spears for common grot cavalry & the arachnarok crews had the poison rule then Spiderfang would get a big shot in the arm.

They can do a whole lot for them just with rules tweaks, but hopefully they eventually do add a couple new kits for them as well.  Giant spiders are just too cool for them not to come back around and expand.  But I would still like a force that explored the general weirdness and variety of insects & arthropods.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 3

They also already have one Endless Spell so they are in better position than others. I would rather have squishy cheap chaff like spiders that you can walk over but then get damaged and a better play on the venom side. Like every hit that damages a unit gives a venom token to the unit. Each turn you roll a dice for each venom token and on a 6+ the unit gets 1 mortal wound. Something new and funny.

• Like 1

i think a way to improve Spiderfang would just be there own Alligance rules like how they did with Warclans

where you have Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Gloomspite rules all in one book

also I think the pillar from the Rumor engines is the weapon Warstomper is holding up

445020714_gargantengine.jpg.f4ae3302d841ac5167a7410cee8c8d29.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

29 minutes ago, novakai said:

i think a way to improve Spiderfang would just be there own Alligance rules like how they did with Warclans

also I think the pillar from the Rumor engines is the weapon Warstomper is holding up

I love that what we originally thought to be a Gut Plate is actually a Belt Buckle. These guys are going to be huge.

38 minutes ago, novakai said:

A Warclans approach could be good, but I personally think they would have much better results if they structured a future book like the Seraphon book with the layered allegiances & subfactions/battalions focused on the chosen allegiance options.  Spiderfang would work better if it was structured similarly to a seraphon Thunder Lizards army.

As for the pillar, I don't think it is what the Warstomper is holding.  In the Godbeasts book King Brodd is specifically mentioned that his personal weapon is a column from the now-destroyed temple to Behemat.  In fact the only notable things about King Brodd is that he is absurdly strong (even for a Gargant), he wears a dragon skull as a helmet, and he carries a Behemat temple pillar as a weapon.  I get the feeling that he is going to get a model and that rumor-engine pillar is meant to be his weapon.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Between the name Warstomper and the Ale-Guzzler's Stuff ’Em In Me Bag rule. I think it would be interesting if this army had various rules about killing specific targets within units and disrupting unit cohesion. I doubt that would be their sole play-style but I do think it would be specific and different. I have a feeling that the idea of fleeing villagers will not be a proper unit. If they get rules as some suggested I think they would be more like a bloat toad. An additional model that will have added effects but is built into the points cost of the giant itself. Maybe they will have a negative impact on the enemies leadership as they run in terror from the giants...

Also will the Sons have any form of magic/magical support?

I hadn't even thought about this...I know the reveal said "nothing but giants", but imagine a block of 20-40 Johann-esque villagers running around from the giants, acting as living screens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bayul said:

I'm genuinely baffled by this notion. I think they look awesome and the background lore explains the look really well. Nothing jokey about them. 

Not trying to convince you or anything like that, and I can see why people might not like the look. I'm just surprised how this looks like a joke to someone.

• Like 4

@Bayul @LuminethMage

I think the artists did an incredible job with the actual battletome art - it’s really just that the helmet exists period that it looks like a joke to some of us.

Similarly Teclis looks incredible in the artwork as well yet the model itself is divisive.

I feel like the above has already been hammered home enough, but just wanted to explain since it was baffling to you why despite art that is so skillfully done it still may look like a joke to some of us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, novakai said:

Isn’t the weapon the warstomper is holding up, a foot on a stick, similar to what is shown in teaser?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bayul said:

I can understand that some people will not like this new release and they talk about their issues and give some feedback (there is even a post in the Lumineth forum to give some possible options for the "headgear" problem), but I don't get your point. I'm really curious what are you trying to accomplish with this argument?

• Like 3

@LuminethMage @Zanzou

Me seeing the Cow-Elf theme as goofy might come from playing Magic: The Gathering, which releases it's own satire editions, where the designers blend common races together to create funny mutants, like ape druids, squirrel vampires and turtle elephant scientists. Elves wearing cattle-shaped hats isn't very far from that.
Ironically I feel that the designers weren't consquent enough with the theme: I miss full bull-shaped helmets and elves riding those cows into battle instead of generic horses. Like this:

Spoiler

Archon-of-Falling-Stars-Theros-Beyond-De

edit: a word.

Edited by Bayul
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm sorry but there is a difference between wacky mutants and helm crests that are not unherad of and were even more crazy in real life. Look at this XIXth century illustrations of helmet crests.

800px-thumbnail.jpg
And TBH the way you worded your post was a bit rude to the artists.

Edited by michu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michu said:

I'm sorry but there is a difference between wacky mutants and helm crests that are not unherad of and were even more crazy in real life. Look at this XIXth century illustrations of helmet crests.

800px-thumbnail.jpg

If you compare these to the size of the heads of the wearers, it's a wildly different scale.

1 hour ago, michu said:

You don't have to be sorry to disagree, but please put things in the correct context. There is plenty of lavish head gear in Warhammer that I am fine with, but that's not the point. Your picture doesn't contribute anything to convince me that this cow-subtheme for Lumineth Realm-Lords is a coherent army design within itself and for the (current) AOS setting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, novakai said:

There goes my hope that this tree trunk on the right might be the foot of a Necrofex Colossus.