Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Awesome thanks both! If the mountain king is anything to go by, new giant sculpts...ūü§§¬†

Oh yes I was so excited looking at them because I just kept thinking this beautiful monster is for Aelves!? What could the Gargants possibly get!? Something on that level but Destructive and Crude and Monstrous. My body is waiting ever patiently for our Gargant overlords.

• Like 1

Fabius (or Karl Lagerfeld in space) is an amazing sculpt - it's not often that a mini manages to evoke the style of a fashion designer.

The new warband is amazing. The elf stuff is pretty amazing. I can only say positive stuff and congratulate them on a job well done. This feels weird.

I've not particularly cared about these new elves up until now, but I actually like these more cow aligned ones showntoday. If you get rid of all the arches and spears and go all in on cows and hammers, this would be a faction I could get behind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm really wanting to do something for Azghor guys but I wonder what you could do to really set this model in with the force. I mean the bull head and mountain pads are pretty much perfect, but obviously the design is more Aelf than Duradin.¬†ūü§Ē

Well, as the saying goes ‚ÄúWhere there‚Äôs a will, there‚Äôs a way.‚ÄĚ

• LOVE IT! 1

Yep I'm digging the Cows.  Fitting that my favorite part of an Elf army will be the non-Elvish thing.

Its seriously though one of those armies that I would never pick up but cant wait to see them across the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Just putting the photo here

8888C884-A073-42BD-B11F-351DF38FC168.png

1, 2, 6, 7 and 8 = Chaos Chosen for Chaos Undivided

4 =Chaos Sorcerer Lord
3 and 5= Chaos Barbarians/ Flaggelants

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Its seriously though one of those armies that I would never pick up but cant wait to see them across the table.

Think the same. The Cow dudes could be part of an AoS'fied dispossessed dwarfs.

Put some dwarf runes and a bit more sturdy legs and done.

• Like 2

So, what if the zenith is just Tyrion and Teclis each with their associated spirit? The zenith is literally the upper reaches of the sky where one finds the sun and the moon.

With all the flowing tassels going on it seems crazy that they wouldn't include the wind. 

As for new kits, the Nighthaunt got 15 new kits not counting underworlds or soul wars. Gloomspite got 13 kits and 2 underworlds warbands. 

The last army to be previewed thus extensively was the sisters who got 16 new kits and a battlebox. Tyrion as the zenith plus 2 kits for air and river would make 13 kits. Add in endless spells and terrain and you have the same size of release as the Nighthaunt. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Well they have had the Battletome and Warscroll cards shipping manifests leaked. I highly doubt they would bring out a whole Battletome and an assortment of Warscrolls cards for One repackaged model. If I were to wager a guess I would say the Sons will get at least 2 new kits with my fingers crossed for a 3rd and then have the Aleguzzlar included in their ranks bringing the total kits to 3/4. Obviously variation amongst the kits, perhaps King Brodd/Chieftain/Shaman for one and then a Standard/Soldier/Siege/Ranged unit for the other.

If we are going with SoB predictions - I will aim for fences here... I'm going with 4 new kits + the Aleguzzler for 5 in total with a breakdown as follows:

1) Dualkit: King Brodd / Warrior Chief;

2) Dualkit: Mage Gargant hero / Priest Gargant hero;

3) Dualkit: Lightly armoured and armed Gargant warriors (up to 3 per unit)/ Heavily armoured Gargant 'hoplite-esque' warriors with spears/pikes (up to 3 per unit);

4) Dualkit: Skirmisher ranged Gargants (throwing nets, huge bolas or spears - up to 3 per unit) / Siege weapon Gargants - gargant-handling ballistas ofc (up to 3 per unit); and

5) Good ol' Aleguzzler Gargants as the 'chaff' throwaway red-haired outrageously drunk stepchild of the faction.

In total I'm thinking of armies ranging on average from half a dozen to a dozen models at 2K points.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So, what if the zenith is just Tyrion and Teclis each with their associated spirit? The zenith is literally the upper reaches of the sky where one finds the sun and the moon.

With all the flowing tassels going on it seems crazy that they wouldn't include the wind. 

As for new kits, the Nighthaunt got 15 new kits not counting underworlds or soul wars. Gloomspite got 13 kits and 2 underworlds warbands. 

The last army to be previewed thus extensively was the sisters who got 16 new kits and a battlebox. Tyrion as the zenith plus 2 kits for air and river would make 13 kits. Add in endless spells and terrain and you have the same size of release as the Nighthaunt. 

That was my assumption. ¬†Lumineth now just needs models for the River, Zenith,¬†and Sky ‚ÄúTemples‚ÄĚ, and it will feel like a full range.

Using the reveal today as a template, each ‚Äútemple‚ÄĚ could have;

1 Hero (Mage?)+ 1 Aelf Unit + 1 Spirit

Looking forward to seeing the possibilities.  I’m hoping Tyrion’s Sun Spirit partner is the firstborn of the Ur-Phoenix or something.  On the downside, dragon’s are looking less and less likely.

3 minutes ago, KevenM said:

If we are going with SoB predictions - I will aim for fences here... I'm going with 4 new kits + the Aleguzzler for 5 in total with a breakdown as follows:

1) Dualkit: King Brodd / Warrior Chief;

2) Dualkit: Mage Gargant hero / Priest Gargant hero;

3) Dualkit: Lightly armoured and armed Gargant warriors (up to 3 per unit)/ Heavily armoured Gargant 'hoplite-esque' warriors with spears/pikes (up to 3 per unit);

4) Dualkit: Skirmisher ranged Gargants (throwing nets, huge bolas or spears - up to 3 per unit) / Siege weapon Gargants - gargant-handling ballistas ofc (up to 3 per unit); and

5) Good ol' Aleguzzler Gargants as the 'chaff' throwaway red-haired outrageously drunk stepchild of the faction.

In total I'm thinking of armies ranging on average from half a dozen to a dozen models at 2K points.

Dont do that. Dont give me hope. I love these idea and have had a few myself. I too would love all of these, maybe a Scenery Piece as well in the form of a Mammoth carrying Weapons and Ammo. I just cant wait to see what were going to get, an all Giant army has been my dream ever since seeing the Marauder Giant over 20 years ago.

• LOVE IT! 1

"WHERE'S THE BEEF NOW"

hammer smash

• Haha 1

My guess is two boxes for the Sons in a similar vain to Chaos Knights. Brodd/Hero/Priest and a more standard Giant with a few weapon options. 

Then in a few years we might see an expansion to the range if they're a success. 

• Like 1

The cow angle is weird.

I liked how new Slaanesh incorporated a lot of Aelf, given the genesis of that whole arc.

But Aelf incorporating Slaanesh the other way round seems a weird choice.  

Cool model though.

14 minutes ago, Nos said:

The cow angle is weird.

I liked how new Slaanesh incorporated a lot of Aelf, given the genesis of that whole arc.

But Aelf incorporating Slaanesh the other way round seems a weird choice.  

Cool model though.

Looking  back at the last east Slaanesh models I see your point, this is messed up.

• Thanks 1

Something I found interesting from the video, in the lore that Phil Kelly detailed about the Mountain spirit, is that the mountain spirit is still just a mountain, sentient and magical but still a mountain. It's the aelves that crafted an avatar for the Mountain spirit to inhabit and march to war "They wear these sacred masks that enable them to take form". and "transfer their mountain spirits into a host body"

Phil kelly  also named the  creature that the mountain aleves revere, calling it an "Emetricon Longhorn" which is a creature on the slopes of mountains in hysh, that is effectively immortal.  It can only be killed by another, not of natural causes. He says to the elves, these creatures embody endurance, Imortality and stoicism and that  is why the elves of the mountain path take them as their sacred beast.

So from this it seems like the bull motif was a choice by the elves, that they themselves imprinted bull aestetic onto the mountain spirit avatar on the mountains. 

That's all to say it has nothing directly to do with Slanesh impacting the design of aelves in age of sigmar. However, that said, Slaanesh impacting the appearence of the new aelves is already well established. The serpentine form of Morathi, and by extension her melusai are stated to be artifacts of their internment within slaanesh. The lack of eyes on nemarti in the idoneth range as well is a design choice meant to "taint" the appearance of new aelves by association with slaanesh.  The new aleves incorporating slaanesh is nothing new.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is two boxes for the Sons in a similar vain to Chaos Knights. Brodd/Hero/Priest and a more standard Giant with a few weapon options. 

Then in a few years we might see an expansion to the range if they're a success. 

I'm expecting 2 kits but fingers crossed for a 3rd. Just to get out ahead of themselves with the inevitable money about to be thrown at them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Athrawes said:

Something I found interesting from the video, in the lore that Phil Kelly detailed about the Mountain spirit, is that the mountain spirit is still just a mountain, sentient and magical but still a mountain. It's the aelves that crafted an avatar for the Mountain spirit to inhabit and march to war "They wear these sacred masks that enable them to take form". and "transfer their mountain spirits into a host body"

Phil kelly  also named the  creature that the mountain aleves revere, calling it an "Emetricon Longhorn" which is a creature on the slopes of mountains in hysh, that is effectively immortal.  It can only be killed by another, not of natural causes. He says to the elves, these creatures embody endurance, Imortality and stoicism and that  is why the elves of the mountain path take them as their sacred beast.

So from this it seems like the bull motif was a choice by the elves, that they themselves imprinted bull aestetic onto the mountain spirit avatar on the mountains. 

That's all to say it has nothing directly to do with Slanesh impacting the design of aelves in age of sigmar. However, that said, Slaanesh impacting the appearence of the new aelves is already well established. The serpentine form of Morathi, and by extension her melusai are stated to be artifacts of their internment within slaanesh. The lack of eyes on nemarti in the idoneth range as well is a design choice meant to "taint" the appearance of new aelves by association with slaanesh.  The new aleves incorporating slaanesh is nothing new.

I think theres a difference between an easy verbal retcon and a deliberate aesthetic choice.

DOK existing models had a Gorgonesque theme before AOS even existed and the Dark Elf range from which they came also had a strong serpent aspect. Especially given their release date  I personally dont believe for a second that Morathi and Melussai were snakey because Slaanesh. They were snakey because Medusa and Gorgons and related mythology and Dark Elf/Drukhari influence (see also Warpfire Warlocks). But it's easy to go back and explain it as a Slaaneshi taint. Cool, even. But theres not been much of snakeishnes to Slaanesh. A tail to a hero here or there, but nothing prevalent. 

Namarti again are clearly aborted/corrupted as befitting their lineage but again they're not incorporating anything exclusively Slaaneshi in their make up.

But the bovine thing has been synonymous with the Keeper of Secrets and Slaanesh basically since Slaanesh has existed. The only other cows in AOS  are actual cows and people and monsters formed from cows.  I just find it a stretch that despite Cow basically being shorthand for chaos in the whole of AOS the Lumineth see them as being great. I mean the cow thing certainly fits very well with the more East Asian cultural influence in the range but as someone who has done Warhammer for 20 years it's weird to be told that cows are now something different.  Not least because one if the reasons Slaanesh has the whole cow thing was because it too was very influenced by East Asian cultural archetypes. 

And that's the other thing; the shared Aelf aesthetic has usually been reserved for, well, the Aelves, it's been primarily a racial tweak among the Aelvish members eg Namarti. Whereas Slaanesh has an armoured warrior cow headed monster which is an incarnation of an aspect of their religion. And the Lumineth have an armoured warrior cow headed monster which is an incarnation of their religion.

I like the idea behind the shared heritage as I said, and I'm willing to wager now there will be some sort of "their symmetry and zeal and belief in their own beauty and superiority belies the dreadful belief to those who can seee it that there is perhaps not so much that separates them from their hated kin" type plot going on. But to have literally the same kind of avatar feels clumsy to me.

Edited by Nos
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind that animal imagery or themes is nothing new in both the Old World and in AoS and there is overlapping with different factions.  Also, Slaanesh should not have a monopoly on bovine related stuff for the most part as there is different kinds of bovines like Yaks, Bison, and so on.

EDIT

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

Keep in mind that animal imagery or themes is nothing new in both the Old World and in AoS and there is overlapping with different factions.  Also, Slaanesh doesn't have and should not have a monopoly on bovine related stuff for the most part as there is different kinds of bovines like Yaks, Bison, and so on.

No but they do have a monopoly on the very specific  2 storey Anthropomorphic Warrior Monster with Cow Head. It's a pretty specific thing to replicate. 

And it's not even like a stocky muscular oxen. It's a lithe androgyneous cow. If it had been released last year as the actual KOS no-one would have thought it out of place.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

No but they do have a monopoly on the very specific  2 storey Anthropomorphic Warrior Monster with Cow Head. It's a pretty specific thing to replicate. 

Ghorghon and Cygor beg to differ!

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

As I said in my earlier post- Cow people or Slaanesh.

Both pretty removed from Aelves. Or indeed the powerful, muscular redoubtable cattle of the mountains that supposedly are the aspect that the Aelves are imprinting here. A more noble and stoic form of Great Beast could totally work.

But not another athletic statuesque human form with cow head.

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

This!

Also don’t leave out the kadaii destroyer from chaos dwarves or the bale Taurus. 

There is nothing overtly slaaneshii in the choice of a bull or oxen as an animal spirit.

@Nos just because you choose to discount the slaaneshi design influences in the new daughters of Khaine doesn’t mean they aren’t there. Morathi wasn’t a snake monster before slaanesh swallowed her, that’s just how she looks after eons of torture inside slaanesh. And slaanesh has more of a serpentine inspiration than a bovine one which has only ever been seen on the keeper of secrets and then, only on one of several head options. 

Everything I've seen of these new aelves I've loved and these cows and aelven hammerers (never thought I'd type that) have pretty much sold me on starting an army. Especially if this is only the beginning and they will be having all the other elements on release and even then I'd be ok if they went the stormcast route instead and staggered the release. The Sons of Behemat might be awesome but I'm pretty sure they'll have to wait, I've got beef to paint.

• Like 4