Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just a note the UK just put some stricter rules in place - so all the GW stores will be closed. Furthermore this could start to impact GW directly too as they are not an essential company. Tabletop Combat has already closed their factory and office doors for the duration and won't be doing any further work. Postal services might also be affected as whilst post offices might remain open; many are often located within shops and other retail outlets that might be forced to close. 

Guaranteed that GW and its factories will close. Very understandable and for the better. Selfishly I wonder if we will still have the Previews though. 

Not sure about companies closing yet - Government hasn't actually said companies have to shut, only that travel should be only if you have too and can't work from home. Ergo essential travel. They've only forced the closure of retail outlets. Basically stop the public moving and mingling. GW might manage to retain operation for longer, along with a lot of other factory sites. AT present TTC closing is their own choice, though its in-line with general advice about non-essential services. 

That said I think that we move continually closer to when non-essential companies/factories will be closed down - which will shut down GW for certain. 

Yeah at the moment the factories can keep going - they can't manufacture for home! The social media stuff and probably some of the design work could be done a work form home if resourced properly. The post is an essential service so will keep going. Bricks and mortar stores will be hit as this stage.. might change moving forward..

23 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah at the moment the factories can keep going - they can't manufacture for home! The social media stuff and probably some of the design work could be done a work form home if resourced properly. 

Without considering most preview videos may have already been filmed and edited and are ready to be run...

Posted (edited)

My guess is that we'll see the Lumineth this Saturday and the Sons on the next one.

On the wishing side, I think more WarCry monsters could be great.

I wonder if "...and stuff you never even knew you wanted" is referring to new equipment - an airbrush maybe?

Edited by Raviv

In response to official guidance announced today in both the UK and US, we will be temporarily closing globally all of our stores, headquarters, factory and warehouses with immediate effect. Where possible, our staff will continue to work from home. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, their families and our customers.

As the situation develops, we will provide an update on the possible impact of these necessary actions on the Group's performance for the year to 31 May 2020 and going forward.

Don't expect touching something new in the upcoming weeks.  I'm worrying about the GW reveals calendar: will they stick to it or will they dilute a bit the reveals so they can be sell the models later with the full reveal?... Back to the unopened  boxes for me (and unassembled/unpainted grey plastic) . I have so many things to do already.

44 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Don't expect touching something new in the upcoming weeks.  I'm worrying about the GW reveals calendar: will they stick to it or will they dilute a bit the reveals so they can be sell the models later with the full reveal?... Back to the unopened  boxes for me (and unassembled/unpainted grey plastic) . I have so many things to do already.

I'm wondering the same. I believe this weekend and next they may not reveal everything they had planned so as to not mess with their schedule. Lumineth were probably for a April release but I'm thinking that itll be more like June at this point. Same with the Sons, probably a June release themselves and not more likely August.

Did not expect them to close the factories and distribution - fair play to them. Think they will keep up the reveals.. maybe spread out a bit  because I think they want to support the community - and we all get excited about new stuff- so they could well show us some things - creates demand for when they reopen. Its also important for them to keep the community engaged. 

Posted (edited)

I belive that GW HQ has already concidered the option of closing production and logistic due to corona even before Adepticon was canceled. Therefore I would assume them that the previews are planed nevertheless to happen.

Edited by Charleston

23 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I belive that GW HQ has already concidered the option of closing production and logistic due to corona even before Adepticon was canceled. Therefore I would assume them that the previews are planed nevertheless to happen.

Just hoping the Previews can still go ahead as no doubt they're pre taped and articles can be done from home. I'm 100% behind GW closing down, I cannot believe Sports Direct had the gall to call themselves essential.

• Like 1

Ah well, more important stuff going on now than revealing some Aelves. We’ll all, somehow, survive with what we’ve got to hand, I’m sure.

Now more importantly fingers crossed staff at head office, the warehouses and shops will get treated right & still get paid through all this.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Ah well, more important stuff going on now than revealing some Aelves. We’ll all, somehow, survive with what we’ve got to hand, I’m sure.

Now more importantly fingers crossed staff at head office, the warehouses and shops will get treated right & still get paid through all this.

I believe it's up to 80% of the wage in the UK can be paid. 

• Like 1

Good for them closing and looking after their staff, while we're all eager to get our hands on their latest shiny toys, the well being of all the staff is by far more important.

I've no doubt they will have planned for this and while everyone can moan like a nighthaunt kicked out of tomb sometimes, the hobby community is a overall positive one and we'll all get through this. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff people get up working through their piles of shame!!

• Like 3

I'm glad they're looking after their staff but man am I kicking myself for putting off going out and grabbing some boxes while I had the chance. Is there any word on whether or not they'll still be updating the community site? I'm chomping at the bit for the reveals they had planned for adeptacon.

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I'm glad they're looking after their staff but man am I kicking myself for putting off going out and grabbing some boxes while I had the chance. Is there any word on whether or not they'll still be updating the community site? I'm chomping at the bit for the reveals they had planned for adeptacon.

They have stated they will continue updating Warhammer Community. Hopefully they still reveal their full schedule they had planned for Adepticon, though I would understand if they held off on some things now to slowly spread it out more. I'd rather them not...but I'd understand.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

cedbc0b8.jpg

New Rumour Engine, Idoneth?

Lumineth I’d say. Matches the aesthetic for Eltharion.

Posted (edited)

IDONETH DEEPKIN NASAL SWAB

Edited by JPjr

I'm going to say probably Lumineth, but you got me on what that is supposed to be exactly.

GW was bound to close, sorry guys and girls, but our tiny plastic armies fall under the non-essential category.  I hope they still reveal a ton this Saturday, but understand their release schedule might get pushed wayyy back because of all this.  

It looks like something that could match 

- Idoenth Deepkin

- Malerion Aelves

- Lumineth 

- Eldar (exodities ?)

11 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

GW was bound to close, sorry guys and girls, but our tiny plastic armies fall under the non-essential category.  I hope they still reveal a ton this Saturday, but understand their release schedule might get pushed wayyy back because of all this.  

Somewhere out there is one person who has been waiting 20 years for Zoat model only to have it snatched away when it was so close..... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

Somewhere out there is one person who has been waiting 20 years for Zoat model only to have it snatched away when it was so close..... 

ME.

I may have basically  lost my job to all this but frankly this was the really the point when this whole ****** crisis got too personal... Tempted to go full Liam Neeson in 'Taken', retrain as a scientist and dedicate the rest of my life to hunting down and eradicating coronavirii wherever they raise their ugly genomes.

I mean I'm sure in reality I'll just go back to writing about music most people have no interest in but you have to dream...

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2