The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Do we have any rumours of kits for SoB's? I'm trying to keep my expectations low and just expecting a repackage of the gargant kit and rules like the FEC. 

I've heard from a couple of unrelated people that there will be a new giant kit that's quite a bit bigger than the current one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Do we have any rumours of kits for SoB's? I'm trying to keep my expectations low and just expecting a repackage of the gargant kit and rules like the FEC. 

Would love to see them next week!

Well they have had the Battletome and Warscroll cards shipping manifests leaked. I highly doubt they would bring out a whole Battletome and an assortment of Warscrolls cards for One repackaged model. If I were to wager a guess I would say the Sons will get at least 2 new kits with my fingers crossed for a 3rd and then have the Aleguzzlar included in their ranks bringing the total kits to 3/4. Obviously variation amongst the kits, perhaps King Brodd/Chieftain/Shaman for one and then a Standard/Soldier/Siege/Ranged unit for the other.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Awesome thanks both! If the mountain king is anything to go by, new giant sculpts...🤤 

Oh yes I was so excited looking at them because I just kept thinking this beautiful monster is for Aelves!? What could the Gargants possibly get!? Something on that level but Destructive and Crude and Monstrous. My body is waiting ever patiently for our Gargant overlords.

• Like 1

Fabius (or Karl Lagerfeld in space) is an amazing sculpt - it's not often that a mini manages to evoke the style of a fashion designer.

The new warband is amazing. The elf stuff is pretty amazing. I can only say positive stuff and congratulate them on a job well done. This feels weird.

18 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm really wanting to do something for Azghor guys but I wonder what you could do to really set this model in with the force. I mean the bull head and mountain pads are pretty much perfect, but obviously the design is more Aelf than Duradin. 🤔

Well, as the saying goes “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Its seriously though one of those armies that I would never pick up but cant wait to see them across the table.

Think the same. The Cow dudes could be part of an AoS'fied dispossessed dwarfs.

Put some dwarf runes and a bit more sturdy legs and done.

• Like 2

So, what if the zenith is just Tyrion and Teclis each with their associated spirit? The zenith is literally the upper reaches of the sky where one finds the sun and the moon.

With all the flowing tassels going on it seems crazy that they wouldn't include the wind. 

As for new kits, the Nighthaunt got 15 new kits not counting underworlds or soul wars. Gloomspite got 13 kits and 2 underworlds warbands. 

The last army to be previewed thus extensively was the sisters who got 16 new kits and a battlebox. Tyrion as the zenith plus 2 kits for air and river would make 13 kits. Add in endless spells and terrain and you have the same size of release as the Nighthaunt. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Well they have had the Battletome and Warscroll cards shipping manifests leaked. I highly doubt they would bring out a whole Battletome and an assortment of Warscrolls cards for One repackaged model. If I were to wager a guess I would say the Sons will get at least 2 new kits with my fingers crossed for a 3rd and then have the Aleguzzlar included in their ranks bringing the total kits to 3/4. Obviously variation amongst the kits, perhaps King Brodd/Chieftain/Shaman for one and then a Standard/Soldier/Siege/Ranged unit for the other.

If we are going with SoB predictions - I will aim for fences here... I'm going with 4 new kits + the Aleguzzler for 5 in total with a breakdown as follows:

1) Dualkit: King Brodd / Warrior Chief;

2) Dualkit: Mage Gargant hero / Priest Gargant hero;

3) Dualkit: Lightly armoured and armed Gargant warriors (up to 3 per unit)/ Heavily armoured Gargant 'hoplite-esque' warriors with spears/pikes (up to 3 per unit);

4) Dualkit: Skirmisher ranged Gargants (throwing nets, huge bolas or spears - up to 3 per unit) / Siege weapon Gargants - gargant-handling ballistas ofc (up to 3 per unit); and

5) Good ol' Aleguzzler Gargants as the 'chaff' throwaway red-haired outrageously drunk stepchild of the faction.

In total I'm thinking of armies ranging on average from half a dozen to a dozen models at 2K points.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So, what if the zenith is just Tyrion and Teclis each with their associated spirit? The zenith is literally the upper reaches of the sky where one finds the sun and the moon.

With all the flowing tassels going on it seems crazy that they wouldn't include the wind. 

As for new kits, the Nighthaunt got 15 new kits not counting underworlds or soul wars. Gloomspite got 13 kits and 2 underworlds warbands. 

The last army to be previewed thus extensively was the sisters who got 16 new kits and a battlebox. Tyrion as the zenith plus 2 kits for air and river would make 13 kits. Add in endless spells and terrain and you have the same size of release as the Nighthaunt. 

That was my assumption.  Lumineth now just needs models for the River, Zenith, and Sky “Temples”, and it will feel like a full range.

Using the reveal today as a template, each “temple” could have;

1 Hero (Mage?)+ 1 Aelf Unit + 1 Spirit

Looking forward to seeing the possibilities.  I’m hoping Tyrion’s Sun Spirit partner is the firstborn of the Ur-Phoenix or something.  On the downside, dragon’s are looking less and less likely.

3 minutes ago, KevenM said:

If we are going with SoB predictions - I will aim for fences here... I'm going with 4 new kits + the Aleguzzler for 5 in total with a breakdown as follows:

1) Dualkit: King Brodd / Warrior Chief;

2) Dualkit: Mage Gargant hero / Priest Gargant hero;

3) Dualkit: Lightly armoured and armed Gargant warriors (up to 3 per unit)/ Heavily armoured Gargant 'hoplite-esque' warriors with spears/pikes (up to 3 per unit);

4) Dualkit: Skirmisher ranged Gargants (throwing nets, huge bolas or spears - up to 3 per unit) / Siege weapon Gargants - gargant-handling ballistas ofc (up to 3 per unit); and

5) Good ol' Aleguzzler Gargants as the 'chaff' throwaway red-haired outrageously drunk stepchild of the faction.

In total I'm thinking of armies ranging on average from half a dozen to a dozen models at 2K points.

Dont do that. Dont give me hope. I love these idea and have had a few myself. I too would love all of these, maybe a Scenery Piece as well in the form of a Mammoth carrying Weapons and Ammo. I just cant wait to see what were going to get, an all Giant army has been my dream ever since seeing the Marauder Giant over 20 years ago.

• LOVE IT! 1