The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

I think AoS rules bleed into 40k rules and both games have become very consistent in wording. The language is becoming more precise and "the same" across their own selves and even each other. 

Consistent: yes, and that's about it. Efficient balanced  and stable: only AoS. 40K is such a mess today...We are looking forward to seeing the 40k v9 (whatever its name is) to clean up all those rules in shitload of different books...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alghero81 said:

If you like Warhammer weekly with Vince Venturella go and have a look their show where they responded to the announcement of the Old World. Pretty compelling reasons why a new game would need to have new models as that would be only viable business model. Books just don’t justify the expense of a new game.

On the other side, assuming they keep the same model scale, would be interesting to see if there’s any crossover with existing AoS lines. To have a successful launch they would need a decent amount of armies playable from the beginning but FW usually have limited production, being more a niche line of models and games. Mixing with AoS would allow for a minor number of brand new armies, still I would say for a decent start at least 4. We know Kislev is coming and therefore at least Chaos in some form, maybe Warriors of Chaos? Daemons revisited? All bets are up but with so many AoS daemons already available and pretty darn good I think there’s already a good core.

If I have to dream since I doubt AoS will ever have time to produce them, would be good to get all other Chaos Gods gors like the pestigor, etc. Obviously usable in both systems 

I could also see them expanding the number of playable armies by producing generic "empire" sets, then having forgeworld produce unique units, heros and upgrade packs so that a Marienburg army has different ascetics and rules from a Averland army, but they both use ~80% of the same kits to built out.

"aaaand we might just have a surprise for you at the end of tomorrow’s preview show…"

I doubt it's this they're referring to but I know they've talked about finding other ways for people to pick up the various special limited edition models from events, store openings and the like, so hoping one tiny tiny microscopically thin silver lining to all this might be that awesome Catachan guard Vasquez-alike being made generally available in some way...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

"aaaand we might just have a surprise for you at the end of tomorrow’s preview show…"

I doubt it's this they're referring to but I know they've talked about finding other ways for people to pick up the various special limited edition models from events, store openings and the like, so hoping one tiny tiny microscopically thin silver lining to all this might be that awesome Catachan guard Vasquez-alike being made generally available in some way...

I doubt it's the case as it won't be available to buy for weeks anyway. 

My bet is digital releases of campaign books like Wrath of Everchosen and maybe codexes, battletomes, psychic awakening. 

• Like 2

They did say they were working how to allow people to get limited edition miniatures since all events of all types have been cancelled, so one way or another...

By the way it’s not clear if the preview will be available on Twitch or other channel? Or we just need to refresh the blog for an hour like crazy people?? 😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

They did say they were working how to allow people to get limited edition miniatures since all events of all types have been cancelled, so one way or another...

By the way it’s not clear if the preview will be available on Twitch or other channel? Or we just need to refresh the blog for an hour like crazy people?? 😂😂😂

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/22/new-reveals-incoming/

Here they said it will first be available on Twitch and shortly after that on WarCom

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My knuckles are hot white with anticipation for potential Sons of Behemat content tomorrow!! 

They will be missing a huge opertunity If they dont use some sort of Jurassic park gag for it. Like peachy going to sip his tea and suddenly it starts to ripple. 

Edited by BrocknerTheBear

32 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

They will be missing a huge opertunity If they dont use some sort of Jurassic park gag for it. Like peachy going to sip his tea and suddenly it starts to ripple. 

This. I've been saying the should do the old Jurassic Park water trick with the announcement. Though Peachy and his tea would be perfect.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

BAH! If they didn't do it for Lizardmen then they are clearly saving it for either a dragon or Exodites. Giants can get their own thing - vibrating water tricks should be for dragons and lizards and dinosaurs. 

OR how about Peachy comes into the Office having sold their Bugmans Brew Recipe for Beans...Magic Beans.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

OR how about Peachy comes into the Office having sold their Bugmans Brew Recipe for Beans...Magic Beans.

Look, I've been saying it for weeks... the Sons of Behemat teaser is absolutely going to  simply be a soundbite of a gargant going:

"FEE-FI-FO-FUM,

I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A SIGMAR MAN!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Still-young said:

They’re leaks. It’s the rumour thread, kinda what it’s for... I’ve put a spoiler on it now, so you  want to edit your reply there @ArmyOfGrodd

Done. Yeah rumour thread, but I thought leaked images before official release were out of the question on here? Correct me if I’m wrong.

If leaked images are allowed more fool me for coming on here before 2pm.

Thats a legendary face sculpt for LotR. Looks like a Rohirrim hero. Amazing - the FW studio really knocks it out sometimes in terms of high end sculpting.

in other news, looks like lumineth are headed in a weird direction... a few of the earlier reviews put me off them, and I suspect today’s news will continue in that direction.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1