The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

On Katakros base you can find Lumineth corpses and items... and lot´s of gargant bones and skulls.

Before even the Lumineth were revealed, so...

I've noticed a lot of Bonereapers have large skulls on their base such as the Mortisan Boneshaper. I thought that was interesting and now since the Sons are coming it was definitely purposeful.

Edited by KingBrodd

On the video they said there will be an article this week about "Warhammer: the old world".

Well, that was another preview of a preview...

They should also have a Lumineth article tomorrow, right?

Edited by Raviv

23 minutes ago, Raviv said:

On the video they said there will be an article this week about "Warhammer: the old world".

Well, that was another preview of a preview...

They should also have a Lumineth article tomorrow, right?

I just cant be bothered with the Old World now that we have AOS, and the fact that its Years away still.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I just cant be bothered with the Old World now that we have AOS, and the fact that its Years away still.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what the Old World actually is once it's a real thing that's out in the wild, but yeah realistically 3 years from now I'm likely to be so deep in AoS that starting a new army for the Old World is almost certainly a non-starter.

Unless it's something I can play with my AoS minis, and it probably won't be, I can't see really getting into it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Guess the article isn't for you then?

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm certainly interested in seeing what the Old World actually is once it's a real thing that's out in the wild, but yeah realistically 3 years from now I'm likely to be so deep in AoS that starting a new army for the Old World is almost certainly a non-starter.

Unless it's something I can play with my AoS minis, and it probably won't be, I can't see really getting into it.

IMO the smartest thing GW could do is use a multibasing system like KOW or the ASOIAF miniatures game with square/rectangle trays that round bases can be slotted into. Not all AOS stuff would be usable, of course, but it would allow you to play both systems without rebasing your models.

24 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

GW might be a bit careful with their previews until they know what options for worldwide distribution they have.

I was thinking this would affect the amount shown. I do believe they planned it to be the biggest show ever but they may hold off on showing certain things so people arent sat here wondering a year from now when are they going to happen. 

People will moan regardless; show to little get flamed for hyping to much, show lots and people complain when it's not released within a month. 

Go in with no expectations and enjoy the show.

In regards to shipping and stuff, we all have to be flexible and understanding in these unprecedented times. I think GW would keep everyone informed if there are delivery issues.

• Like 3

Some people just like to whine online so take the marketing literally and then complain ;)

Honestly we'll get what we get. GW might show lots and cross fingers that things turn out better than hoped for. The worst that happens is that we know there's some cool stuff coming that we can't get for a while. 

• Like 1

You realise that they'll keep teasing and hiding Lumineth models until launch day ;) Or at least until pre-order week. That's the whole intent of stretching it out and keeping something back. GW wants YOU watching their website for the last sight of the model so that you're there and ready to be tempted to order. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

All I'm hoping is that they don't split the various presentation topics between the two showcases.  To use the Lumineth as an example (as they are near and dear to my heart), if they show half the models on the 28th and the other half on the 4th, just to ensure viewership through both presentations.

Unfortunately I think this definitely will happen. If they had all of AOS announcements on the first day, there would be a drop in viewers for the second as there are some who have no interest in 40K and vice versa, spreading them between the week ensures views. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I don't think many of us Lumineth fans still need any kind of incentive to be tempted to order. We are already waiving our cash at them and politely asking screaming at them to give us a chance to spend it already.

If they drag this process out much longer, some of us might get tempted to throw some harsh words and rotten vegetables at them though. 

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I'm not quite sure if I prefer this slow trickle tease or the old "no clues or hints and suddenly everything is dropped at once".

I'm sure with the eventual Grungi Dwarf faction is teased I'll be impatiently waiting too tho 

Ditto for the Valaya dwarves (I still think Kharadron fit the Grugni dwarves).

• Like 2