The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I think static story elements are dull. Azyr is dull. Nothing bad ever happens there. Nothing ever really happens there at all, and it's just a bunch of foppish bluebloods arguing over who has the better title. There have to be some stakes. There's war everywhere in the Realms and it's such a mess we don't really know who's winning or where. The Eight Points was entirely held by Chaos, but now it's been co-settled by Death. Azyr doesn't need to fall or anything, just show weakness. There's nothing exciting about a sanctuary that is completely invulnerable.

Have you read Soul Wars?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I'm going to echo something that Vince from Warhammer Weekly said.  I don't want Azyr to be invaded.  I'm actually kinda miffed that Azyr was the only hold out during the Age of Chaos, but then the setting is called Age of Sigmar, so I guess Sigmar should be allowed to have the spot light in his own setting.  But Azyr's survival is one of the cool differences between AOS and the Old World in my opinion.  See, once the End Times kicked off, the ending was pretty much already a done deal.  You walked into the setting knowing that Chaos was eventually going to win.  Where as in AOS, Sigmar has at least managed to create a bastion capable of holding Chaos off, and even striking back from it.  I think it would do a huge disservice to the setting if the manage to crack Azyr, especially since early into the story's overall lifespan.

I like Azyr and the Eightpoints not being unassailable.

Bastions that have only one absolute ruler are boring.

Ghur isn't just Destruction, Shyish has living beings in it, and now the Eightpoints and possibly Azyr being contested make them more interesting. (Though there was already something gnawing into Azyr).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, xking said:

Gordrakk walks up to Excelsis with his godbeast battering ram, and Sigmar is going to open the Ruination Chamber.(I think it is going to be bigger, stronger and tougher stormcast with all kinds of war machines) , as their purpose is to bring "Ruin" to his enemies. 

Ruination Chamber will be the Anti-Destruction  chamber. 

I'm calling it now,   this is what is going to happen.

I'd love to see Siege orientated Stormcast. Hammer Throwing Ballistae.

I‘d love to see a true cavalry chamber with helbard wielding infantry support (praetorian Stormcasts with shoulder cloaks cooler helmets and a mix of light and heavy Stormcast armor) and a Liberator phalanx upgrade (big round shields). As well as realm specific upgrade sets for every faction.

edit: + Spear throwing infantry.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

we were tricked, Sons-oB were the ruination chamber all along and its just a chamber of stormcast gargants

Honestly I'd be more than an little angry at that. Order has the most Factions of any of the Alliances not to mention the highest number of models with the Stormcast, so to add yet another Faction to Order and make it another Stormcast Chamber would be a kick in the face to Destruction. I mean what's more Destruction than Gargants?!

P.S I know this was a hypothetical joke but it's something that has me concerned GW may pull.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly I'd be more than an little angry at that. Order has the most Factions of any of the Alliances not to mention the highest number of models with the Stormcast, so to add yet another Faction to Order and make it another Stormcast Chamber would be a kick in the face to Destruction. I mean what's more Destruction than Gargants?!

P.S I know this was a hypothetical joke but it's something that has me concerned GW may pull.

To be honest, there have not been new Stormcast sets for quite a while, and getting some reaction when something knocks on the gates of Azyr is logical.

The big guys should still be destruction though.

30 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

To be honest, there have not been new Stormcast sets for quite a while, and getting some reaction when something knocks on the gates of Azyr is logical.

The big guys should still be destruction though.

I'm all for more Stormhosts it's only logical, just not Sons of Behemat as one haha

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sons of Behemat wouldn't be Destruction anyway; they come from a civilization of giants. I would rather have another Order army of actually fleshed out giants, than yet another iteration of "big stupid giants" that do nothing but smash and squish things

They can still be civilised and fight for Destruction. It would make for an even more interesting Faction. We need more diversity amongst the Factions, Destruction only has 3 .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sons of Behemat wouldn't be Destruction anyway; they come from a civilization of giants. I would rather have another Order army of actually fleshed out giants, than yet another iteration of "big stupid giants" that do nothing but smash and squish things

Meh. Order is really quite full at the moment, and destruction empty.

Giants would not be my type anyway. (Nor would Stormcast.)

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Overread said:

It won't crack much like its unlikely that the Eightpoints will ever be retaken or that Nagash will lose control of most/part of the Realm of Death. What is happening is by having an attack on the realm it makes it part of the rest of the realms rather than something above and beyond them. It adds agency to the story because now it means that Sigmar in all his glory CAN be attacked. If this means he has to pull back Stormcast to a defensive rather than offensive stance then so be it. It also helps temper the fact that barring the Eightpoints; Chaos is in a retreat in most realms or is only just holding on. 

Is Chaos on retreat in most realms so far (genuine question)? I had more the impression that all that Order managed was to install a few cities, but that still much of all the realms is under the control of Chaos, and all those cities are not secure. Even if they kicked Chaos wholly out of all the Realms it would just be kind of where things started. Chaos has their unassailable realm anyway, and as long as there are mortals Chaos is bound to come back. 

Chaos just had Wrath of the Everchosen, and I'd rather not AoS go down the same road as 40K where most of the storyline would be centered on Chaos vs. Stormcast. Involving Death was a great idea, and now it could be time to have focus ****** on destruction a bit (they might wait though until they have a new faction to promote). And if they involve Order, why not push the story on the Order side with non-Stormcasts for a bit? Seraphon and Lumineth BT are new, we haven't heard much from Alarielle and Morathi for a while etc. 

You can have Sigmar sit around a while and plan on a new Chapter, and still push the story with other Order factions. I'd prefer that to a story focused on Azyr. In the end we'll get back to Chaos vs. Stormcast anyway, which is also fine. 

• Like 4

Or, Slaanesh get's free, and that's what they will react to. That's kind of the main plot for the Aelves so far, and the main split among the 4 (Morathi & Teclis vs Tyrion & Malerion) according to the Hedonites BT. Could be both together of course, a fully 4-Chaos God powered Archaon invades. But I think that's still a bit down the road. I'd prefer though if the Lumineth BT pushes the story at least a little bit. The Seraphon one seems to have been written before Wrath of the Everchosen. Although there is a lot of interesting things in it, it's still in the react-to-Necroquake phase. 

Archaon already knows that Slaanesh is not in either of those, but in a realm between them. And it looks like he can just access that realm directly and get to Slaanesh as long as he knows exactly where they are hidden.

From all the pictures we have seen of Hysh so far, it seems to be mostly destroyed and Chaos-ridden anyway. GW might have to build up the Aelves a little bit before there is a massive invasion again which destroys everything and sets Slaanesh free. They could do that with the Lumineth BT of course. In Hedonites it said that Morathi and Teclis see the possibility of Slaanesh escaping and are preparing already, but that Tyrion is dismissive. But then in Wrath of the Everchosen Archaon invaded the Hidden Gloaming, killed most of the Aelf guardians there and almost freed Slaanesh. Only thanks to Katakros that didn't happen. So I guess that Tyrion now also see the threat (and therefore is also part of the Lumineth release). As Archaon is occupied with Death, they could go on the offensive and maybe re-take the Realmgate on the their side of Hysh or something like that.

I guess Malerion fans would also appreciate if he gets something done, before they put Ulgu under a Chaos invasion under Archaon. 

Anyway, who knows. It could be exactly like you said. And all the Aelves are going to do storywise is being re-active, protecting their two realms and that's that. Just wouldn't be my preferred option. 

7 hours ago, xking said:

I mean, we kind of already know where the plot is going.   Sigmar is going to declare a crusade against the realm of death(read the end of forbidden power, the resurrection crusade ) , Gordrakk will we then attack  Excelsis and force Sigmar to respond(Forcing him to open the Ruination Chamber).   At the same time,   Archaon will invade the realms of light and shadow forcing  Teclis, Tyrion, Malerion and Morathi to respond( Lumineth release, new  Daughters of Khaine release and Malerion's shadow elves)

The Resurrection crusades are already in full swing : it's the current Soul Wars Status Quo : Grand Alliance Death vs Stormcast and Free Cities in Shysih, or vs everybody else in the other Realms.  

Archaon knows where Slaanesh is and invaded Uhl-Gysh, but got thwarted by Katakros invasion of the Eightpoints.

Archaon and Katakros are locked in a grinding fight there, so another Chaos vs Death Status Quo here. 

As Morathi (Dok) and Teclis (LRL) know, Slaanesh is stirring by everything happening around him/her, which increases the attacks on Hysh and Ulgu by Slaanesh followers (both Daemons - Hedonites - and Mortals) : we have a Slaanes new story arc here (with Sigvald in the Magnificent Mirror and Resehvious). 

==> EDIT : Rumors from Warhammer Weekly* are : Slaanesh Mortals vs Daughters Of Khaine in a battlebox latter this year*. 

Increase in Greenskins raids are noted by all Grand Alliances.  After the Stormvaultes exposure, Gordrakk gather a huge Waaagh! and is going to Excelsis. 

That is the current Status Quo / Story Arc for Order vs Destruction which will surly imply Orruks, probably Grots & Monsters too (including the new Sons Of Behemat ???) vs Sigmar forces, probably new Stormcast or new Devoted of Sigmar (?)....

--

Armies teased in the fluff but not seen yet (not counting LR-L or SoB) : 

Order : Shadow Aleves Of Malerion

Destruction : Grotbag Scuttler

Death : Soulblight Vampires

Chaos : Chaos Duardin / Furnace Kings Of Azgorh / etc. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 6

Someone tell me if I've missed it, but I just noticed that one of our biggest best bois got a stealthy update to be one of the beefiest units in AoS...  EDIT: I see it was noticed here on Thursday.

Weighing in at 35 wounds, ignoring enemy spells and endless spells on a 4+ while near slann, at 50 celestial conjuration points...

Dread Saurian?! 510 points is higher, but his jaws do a consistent flat 6 damage for his first 12 wounds taken at -2 rend....  Carno jaws in comparison do 5 damage for only the first 2 wounds at -1 rend...

Edited by Zanzou

33 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Armies teased in the fluff but not seen yet (not counting LR-L or SoB) : 

Order : Shadow Aleves Of Malerion

Destruction : Grotbag Scuttler

Death : Soulblight Vampires

Chaos : Chaos Duardin / Furnace Kings Of Azgorh / etc. 

Also Grungi's Dwarf faction.

I nicknamed them Karak Reclaimer's.

Might be hopeful thinking but a Longbeard can dream

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Also Grungi's Dwarf faction.

I nicknamed them Karak Reclaimer's.

Might be hopeful thinking but a Longbeard can dream

I would think the Kharadron still are Grungni's dwarves, as seen by the Gaze of Grungni attack by the Endrinmaster. Even though the Kharadron don't really do gods anymore.

I'd sooner put my faith in Valaya. There are references to an all female temple guard in the old world, and it would provide a new angle to existing dwarves.

But then, my braids have been longer than my beard, so maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Edited by zilberfrid

I don’t think Gordrakk is going straight to Azyr, at least not now. Every realm introduction so far has been planned with new releases and something centred around them, lately the Lumineth and something else giant coming from Hysh. Before we get to Azyr there are key plot holes to solve including what happened to the realmgate in Ulgu.

I reckon before we see the plot moving to Azyr we will see Ulgu fleshed out. And as that would mean Malerion coming out with his army, and no rumours say they are close to release, I can’t see that happening this year. In synthesis I may be terribly wrong but Azyr looks safe until at least end of 2021! 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alghero81 said:

I don’t think Gordrakk is going straight to Azyr, at least not now. Every realm introduction so far has been planned with new releases and something centred around them, lately the Lumineth and something else giant coming from Hysh. Before we get to Azyr there are key plot holes to solve including what happened to the realmgate in Ulgu.

I reckon before we see the plot moving to Azyr we will see Ulgu fleshed out. And as that would mean Malerion coming out with his army, and no rumours say they are close to release, I can’t see that happening this year. In synthesis I may be terribly wrong but Azyr looks safe until at least end of 2021! 😂

Except, of course, for the rats. Or are there no rats in Altdorf?

30 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Except, of course, for the rats. Or are there no rats in Altdorf?

Rats are everywhere speaking of which what a missed opportunity to let the year of the Rat walk away without a rat expansion...

Although technically there’s still time until feb 2021

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Is Chaos on retreat in most realms so far (genuine question)? I had more the impression that all that Order managed was to install a few cities, but that still much of all the realms is under the control of Chaos, and all those cities are not secure. Even if they kicked Chaos wholly out of all the Realms it would just be kind of where things started. Chaos has their unassailable realm anyway, and as long as there are mortals Chaos is bound to come back. 

Chaos still controls the vast majority of the Realms however its not a unified control and its split into

a) Areas totally corrupted and controlled by major Chaos Warlords and Greater Demons - fully infested lands that not only require wars to clear them, but purification. 

b) Regions held by organised Chaos forces, just perhaps not enough Chaos or influence to fully corrupt and warp the lands

c) Regions held by peoples who woreship gods who are not "chaos gods" but really are in the background. These groups range in size from small tribes to large cities and city states. They appear to be slightly different in so much as they aren't overtly "chaos" however they are not worshipping Sigmar (or any of the other Pantheon gods) and the gods they do worship are either non-existent or are greater demons pretending to be different gods. 

Each of those three groups might or might not be allied with each other. So its not a united Chaos front, but rather a huge series of fronts against different groups. My impression is that the largest is the latter, the shattered remains of civilzations where chaos taint has begun its corruption. In addition whilst this is still the vast bulk of the Mortal Realm land mass, the front line has been moving forward into their regions more so. Stormcast have carried the war ever forward so that there are now cities, trading routes and whole regions of the Realms which don't see Chaos Corruption or wars. The war and taint is (human) generations ago for them. Also remember most of the few cities they've got are mega-cities. Huge Sigmar crafted bastions that are likely closer to places like Gormengast or Mega City 1 in scale - ergo they might be few, but they are vast. 

• Thanks 4

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Maybe it‘s just me but there‘s been a lot of Flagellants in AoS Art recently?

Oh no, it's not only  you. 

- There was many DoS arts in AOS1 (even in the Realmgate Wars books, in the old Disciples Of tzeentch Battletome also), they had models with AOSified paintschmes in the first Core Book and in the RGW campaign.  And they even had a new plastic model with the Excelsior Warpriest in WHQ : Silver Tower. 

- There are many DoS arts in AOS2 (current Core Book, current Stromcast Battletome), also they features in many fluff stories (the Glymsforge booklet in Soul Wars, Forbidden Power, all those Black Library stories with Witch Hunters and the Order of Azyr !). They weren't totally culled from the Cities of Sigmar battletome too so they totally still exist in the current era. 

- Important point, the last bit in the current SCE BT's "chronology" (that section every books get that cover Age Of Myth, Chaos and Sigmar) is about the population of Azyrheim getting "devoted" by the god king's brand applied to them. The new Celestant prime artwork show Devoted with a strange metal brand on the forehead. And we know those "last entry" in the chronology section of battletomes are VERY often  hinting at new things to come, so there are hope........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I would think the Kharadron still are Grungni's dwarves, as seen by the Gaze of Grungni attack by the Endrinmaster. Even though the Kharadron don't really do gods anymore.

I'd sooner put my faith in Valaya. There are references to an all female temple guard in the old world, and it would provide a new angle to existing dwarves.

But then, my braids have been longer than my beard, so maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

I would absolutely love ANY female Dwarf mini's.  

Modern D&D, Warcraft, Dragon Age and plenty of other franchises have shown you can pull off Female Dwarves. 

Be it part of a new Faction, Auric Runemother's or Female Kharadron characters. 

• Like 2