The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I wonder with people who anticipate being stuck at home will buy up on GW stuff to paint and build during this time? 

What, on top of the already existing metric tonne of unbuilt/unpainted models I bet around 99% of us probably have hidden in closets, under beds or just gathering dust on a shelf somewhere?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

There are 2 kinds of people: those who stock toilet paper (store's stock is empty!! lol) and those who pile little soldiers. Guess who are this forum readers 😉

I use toilet paper to f.ex wipe excess paint from brushes, so both🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

What, on top of the already existing metric tonne of unbuilt/unpainted models I bet around 99% of us probably have hidden in closets, under beds or just gathering dust on a shelf somewhere?

Of course! We can't run the risk of the pile-of-shame running out!

So what is left to be released in the near future?

• The battletomes have all been updated. Yes, that's the world now we live in now.
  • 2 Underworld warbands yet to be released: Orks and Daughters
  • One Warcry warband, although it hasn't been announced yet: Scions of Flame
  • The Lumineth are on that 2 week reveal cycle, and since there's still probably a few more units to reveal, I doubt they'll be available before maybe 2 months. Or they could just unveil everything at the not-really-Adepticon-preview.
  • Sons of Behemats haven't been announced yet.

Most of what has been revealed at GAMA(except the aelves) will probably be released in a single week.
Tomorrow of next Sunday will probably be 40k Saga of the Beast.

Anything else?

Edited by Minis by Night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's also the new campaign book for Escher in Necromunda as well as new models for them which would be a one week release (perhaps two if they have any forgeworld resin parts to that release). 

Adepticus Titanicus has the Psy titan to come as well and some new knights which have been shown. 

I'd wager Aeronautica has something in the waiting too. 

After that I think that might be everything so far. Of course with factories and transport networks and perhaps also GW sending their staff home at some stage we might well get some unavoidable delays as well. However that's really all up in the air as to what might happen. 

1 hour ago, Minis by Night said:

• The battletomes have all been updated. Yes, that's the world now we live in now.
  • The Lumineth are on that 2 week reveal cycle, and since there's still probably a few more units to reveal, I doubt they'll be available before maybe 2 months. Or they could just unveil everything at the not-really-Adepticon-preview.

Most of what has been revealed at GAMA(except the aelves) will probably be released in a single week.

Anything else?

I'm guessing Sons will either be announced if not definitely teased for the 'Adepticon' reveals and then fully revealed at Warhammer Fest for a May-June release.

Ad Mech was slated for April, so yeah I expect that will be the next Psychic Awakening release.

For AoS....we have two Underworlds Bands, the last two released beginning of February, so I think late march/early april to wrap up Beastgrave is very likely.

Warcry feels like it's due at least one more release before Summer,  but nothing has been teased other than the continued absence of Scions of the Flame so who knows.

For that matter there's a Malign Portents/Forbidden Power sized hole in the summer schedule, I think we'll get a Destruction vs Order campaign book similar to Wrath of the Everchosen at some point, but it's not really the same thing.

Lumineth and Sons of Behemet are probably both a couple months out from now. Any new faction that comes out after that will probably be fall at the earliest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

Anything else?

Next week will probably be the zoat and some more underworlds. Then on March 28 we will probably get saga of the beast preorder.

In April we have ad mech and Aeronautica confirmed. We will probably get Lumineth some time in April too. 

Sons of Behemat will probably come in May. 

In the summer we will get Ghb 2.

It seems likely we will get a new Daughters of Khaine book with new minis and Slaanesh mortals later in the year. 

We will probably get a new season of underworlds and more for warcry beyond the scions. 

I wouldn't expect much more than that for AOS this year. 

• Like 1

I'm curious what the ghb is going to look like this year. In the past there have always been obvious problem books that need reigning in (daughters, slaanesh, skaven, etc.) But now things feel mostly ok. I guess tzeentch might need some adjustments? But they're the best counter to petrifex, so if you nerf tzeentch then petrifex will need one as well. 

Plus a good chunk has always been army rules for factions that don't have books yet. With all the factions updated I wonder what they'll do to fill in those pages. 

Edited by Grimrock

11 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I'm curious what the ghb is going to look like this year. In the past there have always been obvious problem books that need reigning in (daughters, slaanesh, Slaven, etc.) But now things feel mostly ok. I guess tzeentch might need some adjustments? But they're the best counter to petrifex, so if you nerf tzeentch then petrifex will need one as well. 

Plus a good chunk has always been army rules for factions that don't have books yet. With all the factions updated I wonder what they'll do to fill in those pages. 

"This year we will be replacing the GHB with new books for Nighthaunt, Stormcast, Beasts of Chaos, and Nurgle".

One can only hope.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, madmac said:

Ad Mech was slated for April, so yeah I expect that will be the next Psychic Awakening release.

For AoS....we have two Underworlds Bands, the last two released beginning of February, so I think late march/early april to wrap up Beastgrave is very likely.

Warcry feels like it's due at least one more release before Summer,  but nothing has been teased other than the continued absence of Scions of the Flame so who knows.

For that matter there's a Malign Portents/Forbidden Power sized hole in the summer schedule, I think we'll get a Destruction vs Order campaign book similar to Wrath of the Everchosen at some point, but it's not really the same thing.

Lumineth and Sons of Behemet are probably both a couple months out from now. Any new faction that comes out after that will probably be fall at the earliest.

I'd really love a new Campaign book, especially if its Order VS Destruction, I loved Wrath of the Everchosen.

Heres hoping if there is a new Campaign book that the Lumineth and Sons make an appearance. 

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes I am supporting a new campaign book destruction vs order aka Gordrakk attacking Azyr  ;)

Not Azyr. Not yet. For now he's going to test his battering ram on Excelsis. 

Because I hope that one of the well described cities won't become just a footnote in that campaign book "Gordrakk tested his new battering ram on the gates of Excelsis. It was super-effective. The city is in ruins."

• Like 7

I'm going to echo something that Vince from Warhammer Weekly said.  I don't want Azyr to be invaded.  I'm actually kinda miffed that Azyr was the only hold out during the Age of Chaos, but then the setting is called Age of Sigmar, so I guess Sigmar should be allowed to have the spot light in his own setting.  But Azyr's survival is one of the cool differences between AOS and the Old World in my opinion.  See, once the End Times kicked off, the ending was pretty much already a done deal.  You walked into the setting knowing that Chaos was eventually going to win.  Where as in AOS, Sigmar has at least managed to create a bastion capable of holding Chaos off, and even striking back from it.  I think it would do a huge disservice to the setting if the manage to crack Azyr, especially since early into the story's overall lifespan.

• Like 10

It won't crack much like its unlikely that the Eightpoints will ever be retaken or that Nagash will lose control of most/part of the Realm of Death. What is happening is by having an attack on the realm it makes it part of the rest of the realms rather than something above and beyond them. It adds agency to the story because now it means that Sigmar in all his glory CAN be attacked. If this means he has to pull back Stormcast to a defensive rather than offensive stance then so be it. It also helps temper the fact that barring the Eightpoints; Chaos is in a retreat in most realms or is only just holding on. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I'm going to echo something that Vince from Warhammer Weekly said.  I don't want Azyr to be invaded.  I'm actually kinda miffed that Azyr was the only hold out during the Age of Chaos, but then the setting is called Age of Sigmar, so I guess Sigmar should be allowed to have the spot light in his own setting.  But Azyr's survival is one of the cool differences between AOS and the Old World in my opinion.  See, once the End Times kicked off, the ending was pretty much already a done deal.  You walked into the setting knowing that Chaos was eventually going to win.  Where as in AOS, Sigmar has at least managed to create a bastion capable of holding Chaos off, and even striking back from it.  I think it would do a huge disservice to the setting if the manage to crack Azyr, especially since early into the story's overall lifespan.

I think static story elements are dull. Azyr is dull. Nothing bad ever happens there. Nothing ever really happens there at all, and it's just a bunch of foppish bluebloods arguing over who has the better title. There have to be some stakes. There's war everywhere in the Realms and it's such a mess we don't really know who's winning or where. The Eight Points was entirely held by Chaos, but now it's been co-settled by Death. Azyr doesn't need to fall or anything, just show weakness. There's nothing exciting about a sanctuary that is completely invulnerable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, michu said:

Not Azyr. Not yet. For now he's going to test his battering ram on Excelsis. 

Because I hope that one of the well described cities won't become just a footnote in that campaign book "Gordrakk tested his new battering ram on the gates of Excelsis. It was super-effective. The city is in ruins."

Perhaps even to tie in the Lumineth, Excelsis is on the verge of collapse but the Realm Lords arrive and fend off the Waaagh leaving the city standing but a shadow of its former self.