Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I predict they're going to announce the Adepticon reveals since the event was cancelled

That would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I predict they're going to announce the Adepticon reveals since the event was cancelled

They'll probably break them up. No reason to announce everything in one go if it's not in the event itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, xking said:

The  Sylvaneth glades are  now establishing    enclaves in most of the cities of sigmar in Ghyran . Even the aloof Gnarlroot glade, I quote the Sylvaneth battletome 2019

"Gnarlroot maintain a presence in the majority of the new cities in the Realm of Life, and it was their magics that aided Alarielle in the raising of the Seeds of Hope, as well as in the reconsecration and purification of the Sylvaneth enclaves reclaimed from the horrors wrought upon them during the War of Life"

 

 

Oh that's cool! finally a reason to read that book ;) 
But weird though because the Sylvaneth was (meant for) months earlier than cities.
Still feel kurnothi fit with the sylvaneth better 😝 But honestly in the end it doesnt really matter because if they end up as a seperate faction GW will give them their own spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Still feel kurnothi fit with the sylvaneth better 😝 But honestly in the end it doesnt really matter because if they end up as a seperate faction GW will give them their own spot. 

I think you're right as they are a bit closer anatomically to Sylvaneth as they also have lamentiri.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurnothi will likely replace Wanderers in the future, the Wanderers had always been classified as "City Aelves" and it's highlighted in "Heart of Winter" how when they returned from Azyr the dangerous forests of the realms claimed by both chaos and feral Sylvaneth has forced them to maintain a presence near the safety of the  cities and give their services as scouts and guides.

My guess is their future is to be combined into a Ghyran Freeguild army that mirrors the Ghyran Warcry warbands with realm of life native mortals but otherwise Order's claim to the eldritch forests of the realms that can range from the hanged corpse decorated death glades of Shyish, the metallic iron oaks and copper pine forests of Chamon to the vicious living forests of Ghur that bite and battle the clawing mountains will be the domain of Sylvaneth and the wild Kurnothi who thrive in the unpredictable wilds.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kurnothi can be forest spirits similar to Sylvaneth and still basically their own thing, just as we can have more than one type of Orruk, ect.  Even if they end up relegated to being a Sylvaneth subfaction they will need basically their own allegiance abilities, since the plodding, defensive, tree-spamming playstyle of the Sylvaneth doesn't suit them at all.

Likewise, if they want to roll Wanderers in GW can just handwave that Kurnoth doesn't really care about whatever drama Alarielle is on about and still counts many of the nomadic aelves of Ghur and Ghyran among his followers. Kurnoth/Orion was always more the representative of the elf/martial side of the old Wood Elves anyway, so it's fitting.

Either way I'm sure the long goal is basically to bring the Wood Aelves back together. The Sylvaneth have very few avenues for expansion if they limit themselves entirely to vegetation, and there's a good chunk of estranged Wanderer players who just want the Asrai back. Make the Kurnothi playable as their own thing, or alongside Sylvaneth if that's what you prefer, and pretty much everyone is happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmac said:

The Sylvaneth have very few avenues for expansion if they limit themselves entirely to vegetation,

Vegetation in the Mortal Realms is anything but limiting though when there's Sylvaneth in Chamon with silver veins running through their bark and use steel weapons along with growing fortresses of iron oaks for their duardin allies, the water spirit Sylvaneth that inhabit the kelp and coral forests of the realms, the wintry feral Sylvaneth that use the snows and magic winters to their advantage to hunt down trespassers/prey in hip-deep snow that they can run on top of and numerous plant beasts in Ghyran like Ghyrlions.

Then there's still the Revenants that can be formed into all kinds of beings like the  bottom-half vine tentacled leader of the Shadespire warband or winged Reverants shown in the art. (Though it should be noted the Archrevenant has a winged spite bug on their back so it could be that in unit form flying in the background)HYkuvXsEdNRWDMul6UdfumXv5ysA2KU-ANq0_yFh

Wanderers are just aelves with magic bows in comparison and we got plenty of those already and the Lumineth are bringing more who are elementalists to boot.

Edit: Mind, I got nothing against Wanderers and in fact quite like them especially with the travels of Prince Maesa through the Mortal Realms helping the people.

But that's why I think blending them with Freeguild and mortals is better. Their nature skills and magic combined with human ingenuity, Druchii beasts and Duardin science is much more interesting.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think Kurnothi can be forest spirits similar to Sylvaneth and still basically their own thing, just as we can have more than one type of Orruk, ect.  Even if they end up relegated to being a Sylvaneth subfaction they will need basically their own allegiance abilities, since the plodding, defensive, tree-spamming playstyle of the Sylvaneth doesn't suit them at all.

Likewise, if they want to roll Wanderers in GW can just handwave that Kurnoth doesn't really care about whatever drama Alarielle is on about and still counts many of the nomadic aelves of Ghur and Ghyran among his followers. Kurnoth/Orion was always more the representative of the elf/martial side of the old Wood Elves anyway, so it's fitting.

Either way I'm sure the long goal is basically to bring the Wood Aelves back together. The Sylvaneth have very few avenues for expansion if they limit themselves entirely to vegetation, and there's a good chunk of estranged Wanderer players who just want the Asrai back. Make the Kurnothi playable as their own thing, or alongside Sylvaneth if that's what you prefer, and pretty much everyone is happy.

In the book Dark Harvest there are villages of humans in Ghyran who worship Kurnoth 

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, more treelords would be great especially from the description in "Wrathspring" where the Sylvaneth nobles that attended goddess Alarielle's court had trails of golden leaves as their royal capes which were helped carried by spite-Revenants. Could give a great Court of the Forests theme.

Priests is a great idea too and could be female treelords that gather worshippers and play off of the forest brides seen in the Crawling City.

"The city, once freed from the Skaven, is highly cosmoplition and as well as traders, priests of many religions for all faiths are welcomed, although only one is truly honoured - Sigmar who the inhabitants call Sahg’mahr, as is evident from the many wayshrines in the streets. A visitor could expect to see Nagashites, white-robed and golden-masked Hyshites and even covens of wild-haired forest-brides singing eerie hymns in praise of the Lady of Leaves, all in the same area"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, madmac said:

I'm not feeling it's super likely either, but I've noticed that Lumineth do still have a bit of a Phoenix thing going on, and also honestly if they don't include Phoenix Temple or whatever that model branch is just dead in the long run, we 100% aren't getting a new Frostheart Phoenix model someday just to use in cities. ....

It will be interesting to see like you said. It was a bit strange that almost all of the HE range got axed with CoS, while a big part of the DE range was kept. Even the ones they mentioned many times, like the Eldritch Council, in the core book and other supplements.

And as you mentioned, the Lumineth are pretty big on Phoenixes, it’s one of their most common symbols so far, and represents the sun and Tyrion. There will be a Spirit of the Sun for Tyrion in the same way there is a Spirit of the Moon for Teclis. 

And in the Phoenix Temple section of CoS, they mention that the remains (smoldering ashes) of the Ur-Phoenix are located in Hysh. To become an Annointed you actually have to travel to Hysh and meditate there for many years. 

And there is a Zenith sub-culture within the Lumineth which is likely fire related. The whole vibe of the Phoenix Temple - scholarly, meditative, warriors dedicated to one elemental aspect, having a Greek related fantastical beast, and trying to re-establish the old High Elf culture, fits really well with what we know so far of the Lumineth. 

From an aesthetic point - we know that the special units and heroes look similar and a bit like their Hysh spirit. The Mountain Spirit has big horns and so does the Stonemage helmet. Now, the new Eltharion has a Phoenix themed helmet, and his armor, while of course looking different, wouldn’t be not too far away from the Phoenix Guard, which could be the special unit for the Zenith faction. He even has as small Phoenix on his chest. 

And it would pose a convenient way to tie the Lumineth to the other realms and factions because  the Phoenix Tempel has outposts in those. 

Tyrion and the zenith sub-culture might not even be part of this release, and there are definitely other options, but it’s intriguing that the only old High Elf faction they left standing is dedicated to one of the 4 elements the Lumineth culture is centered on. 

Edited by LuminethMage
Forgot to add looks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REMINDER - today is the LAST day to order (its down to hours for most territories so don't delay!) The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin - the definitive lore book for Skaven. It's Print on Demand so it might take a while to arrive, but like all GW's print on demand it should be a top quality paperback book chock full of fantastic lore and background and artwork on all things Skaven.

 

Whilst it is set in the Old World; the Skaven survived the End Times almost totally unchanged from their original selves. So much of the general lore is going to be very relevant to the modern AoS era skaven. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Overread said:

REMINDER - today is the LAST day to order (its down to hours for most territories so don't delay!) The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin - the definitive lore book for Skaven. It's Print on Demand so it might take a while to arrive, but like all GW's print on demand it should be a top quality paperback book chock full of fantastic lore and background and artwork on all things Skaven.

 

Whilst it is set in the Old World; the Skaven survived the End Times almost totally unchanged from their original selves. So much of the general lore is going to be very relevant to the modern AoS era skaven. 

Cheers for that- just ordered one for my gaming buddy and long time skaven adversary  as a late birthday present. Hopefully it will get him back gaming once he recovers from having children!! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sisters stuff is on presale, but a bit out of my price range for conversion food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys new to the community and keen to jump right into discussion.

Personally as you can guess my Username I am beyond excited for the Sons of Behemat. Here's hoping the 'Adepticon' reveals show us at least a tease of what's to come. I've not yet been this excited for anything Warhammer related in all my life. Bring on the Gargants!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following my previous prophetic warning about Adepticon, I would expect many many things to now be released either late or not at all this year.  2020 is going to be atypical to say the least, stay safe all.

Edited by Nos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nos said:

Following my previous prophetic warning about Adepticon, I would expect many many things to now be released either late or not at all this year.  2020 is going to be atypical to say the least, stay safe all.

So far there is no shock supply and cargo transport works as normal also - majority of upcoming release is in USA - for sure the will wanna to sell it. Also there is huge demand for such stuff that you can do at home now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nos said:

Following my previous prophetic warning about Adepticon, I would expect many many things to now be released either late or not at all this year.  2020 is going to be atypical to say the least, stay safe all.

We've already seen some companies announcing delays to releases because of the china factories closing down. Sometimes its not even the whole product, just key parts. Eg a lot of printing and paper production happens in China. So even companies which can produce their core product in-house; might run out of packages to put the products into. 

Some might source alternative packaging and we might see a wave of "grey/brown/white" boxes appear from some companies as they aim to keep products flowing. A very practical solution for many wargames where much of the delivery is direct to customers via mail or where retailers don't stock huge amounts on show anyway so having display boxes isn't as critical.

 

A big part will depend on where the factories are in china and also on how china keeps them running. IT might be china will stagger things so that we get a choppy series of releases of products but no one big cut-off.

There's also a few months lag-time because what's released today was on ships a few months ago. So we might not see this fully until a few months have passed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nos said:

In the book Dark Harvest there are villages of humans in Ghyran who worship Kurnoth 

Yes this is why i am excited for Kurnothi.i can see them being real nicely dark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Overread said:

We've already seen some companies announcing delays to releases because of the china factories closing down. Sometimes its not even the whole product, just key parts. Eg a lot of printing and paper production happens in China. So even companies which can produce their core product in-house; might run out of packages to put the products into. 

Some might source alternative packaging and we might see a wave of "grey/brown/white" boxes appear from some companies as they aim to keep products flowing. A very practical solution for many wargames where much of the delivery is direct to customers via mail or where retailers don't stock huge amounts on show anyway so having display boxes isn't as critical.

 

A big part will depend on where the factories are in china and also on how china keeps them running. IT might be china will stagger things so that we get a choppy series of releases of products but no one big cut-off.

There's also a few months lag-time because what's released today was on ships a few months ago. So we might not see this fully until a few months have passed. 

Very little to do with China now as they appear to be out of it.

Europe on the other hand has been declared the Epicentre. Most countries around the world are declaring national emergencies. Qurantines and border closures being announced in free Democracies. 

Things just aren't going to be normal for a while in relation  to big social trends we take for granted such as expecting the shelves in supermarkets to always be full etc. In those circumstances the importance of luxury and lifestyle products always ebbs away fast.

Even if it wasnt as serious as all that GW would still have its workflow interrupted by people not working in the office etc. 

Things are going to be slowed down for everyone, for everything, for the next few months. It's not a GW or Hobby specific issue that will slow stuff down, its an everything thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, hard time for the little soldiers: all physical stores will be closed starting tonigh (at least in France, Italy and probably most europa soon...)

Even the virtual stores will be impacted dûe to the randomness of delivery system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Store closures I can see being maintained only for a week or if longer then with exceptions for essential services like food. Even with telling people to stockpile. That is unless they are hoping for home delivery services to pick up the slack? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder with people who anticipate being stuck at home will buy up on GW stuff to paint and build during this time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...