The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Sleboda said:

All elves look feminine. That's not a knock on femininity, just saying that elves are not exactly the most rugged and masculine warriors. They don't really have armies. More like college hippie sit-ins.Β 

Androgynous is what I would go for.Β  Bowie in Labyrinth.Β 

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I wonder how big this release it , with it focus on Stone etc I think me might not see Tyrion and fiery stuff with it.Β 

Could be yes, we might only get mountain and wind (if that’s what the veiled lady is). Which could be the more Teclian part, and see zenith and river later with Tyrion. Otherwise this would be really a bigΒ release. Maybe Teclis and Tyrion are zenith, then theΒ would be β€œonly” 3 other sub-factions.Β 

As they really haven’t shown anything (even unintentionally) muchΒ besides things that are connected to the mountain and wind factions that could be. The only thingsΒ which still lets me think Tyrion and his stuff is going to be there, is that they need some kind of major reveal at the end at Adepticon (and the get the wow factor in right before the Lumineth are released), and the Phoenix banner they have shown in combination with all the talk about Tyrion. One of the two rumour β€œhammers” also doesn't fit that well so far. Could be wind connected though.

Edit: I forgot a rumour engine picture. There is at least one more monster on the way besides the bull (assuming these are not bull horns)

9E1008CD-7AA8-4C4C-A332-8AD2FB1CE597.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
Added picture

@GeneralZero I agree, the lumineth sculpts are impressive but I was expecting something a bit more crazy overall,Β  they look too "clean" and thus lack personality in my opinion.Β  Hopefully they will get some kind of monster and the angelic creatures which inspired the morghast in order to contrast with the generic high aelves style.Β 

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Like 1

Don't forget most of what we've seen for the Luminoth has been core troops. The core line infantry, cavalry and ranged component of their army. The bread and butter of their forces. The more extreme is clearly in their more elite and leader units. A mage balancing on a tower of rock (its the old style of a mage balancing act, but with way more underneath); a hovering hero with a massive pet sphinx; a living suit of armour. There's clearly room for even more unique and crazy ideas within their army.Β 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

Don't forget most of what we've seen for the Luminoth has been core troops. The core line infantry, cavalry and ranged component of their army. The bread and butter of their forces. The more extreme is clearly in their more elite and leader units. A mage balancing on a tower of rock (its the old style of a mage balancing act, but with way more underneath); a hovering hero with a massive pet sphinx; a living suit of armour. There's clearly room for even more unique and crazy ideas within their army.Β 

That be true, Teclis being the more zen part with the core infantry,and Tyrion to bring the umff with big stuff.What I m hoping for is for the army to have Tyrion/Teclis dynamic that they had in the old word,Teclis a mage with moon motif and TyrionΒ  warrior sun/dragon motif.There both gods and imbody the same ''light'' with different aspects,the light of the moon and the light of the sun.But I m not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Sigmarusvult said:

@GeneralZero I agree, the lumineth sculpts are impressive but I was expecting something a bit more crazy overall,Β  they look too "clean" and thus lack personality in my opinion.Β  Hopefully they will get some kind of monster and the angelic creatures which inspired the morghast in order to contrast with the generic high aelves style.Β 

I think we need a little more normal to balance out some of the crazy armies.Β Β 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I am really really enjoying the DOK warband, that will definitely be a preorder from me!

I think I need to see the rest of the Lumineth to really commit to them at this point though. I do love their aesthetic so far but not sure if I'd actually enjoy painting them

In the end I expect I will cave and buy them, but yeah every Lumineth reveal has me wanting to see the whole range before committing to the army. They're proving very different then what I think just about anyone expected.

Pretty solid round of previews I think. While every seperate preview is rather minor, it is all for miniatures, which is beyond welcome for me.

Β 

Esher: I really love the Death Maidens, so much conversion potential. In fact the entire kit looks like a treasure trove of bits for just about every system.

Β 

DoK Underworlds: They look excellent. The leader is the winner here and no doubt quite welcome for DoK players. Nothing really new or unexpected here though, bar maybe the armoured Witchaelf. The DoK or Slaanesh looking bit is absend here as well, so chances for EC are slightly raised.

Β 

Lumineth: The archers are about what was to be expected. Still not a fan of the weird bowstring, but those where a known quantity. I also feel the uniformity of look and pose just does not work as well on these as it does on the spearbearers. I do like the look of the outfit though and the leader is quite cool. The mage is a mixed bag for me, I do really like the overall concept and look. But I'd have to see that helmed and face with a non studio paintjob to determin if it's just the paintjob I dislike or if they really just missed awesome and smashed into "too ridiculous for me" territory. Even if it's the second, a wee bit of gs to pull down the helmets armour and maybe a faceswap would fix that for me though. Really curious if we will see Tyrion with the release or if they'll save him and the units more associated with him for a later wave.

Β 

"The Spider": Obviously Fabious Bile. This sadly does nothing to increase the likelyhood of an Emperors Children release though, since he completely broke from his original Legion. What is shown of his new mini looks great though and he certainly deserves the update. I also always liked his lore and place in 40k and it is very promising that he will get a dedicated PA instalment. This might be one PA release to actually have serious lore repercussions. Wonder what armies would see support with it besides a dedicated Fabius Bile subfaction for CSM? I guess daemons, Talons of the Emperor and Sisters of Battle will be the only ones left?

Β 

Β 

Rumor Engine: My first thought was "finally some fresh infantry support for Orks in 40k", but I actually think Nekromunda is more likely. Orlock are up next and while not a 100% fit, this could be theirs.

Β 

Closing thoughts: They really are taking their sweet time with those Scions of the Flame. I'm also starting to wonder if they are done with Killteam and Bloodbowl for the time, which would be quite sad.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I reckon its a House Orlock weapon, they're next aren't they in Necromunda after Esher?Β 

They are, but it doesn’t match any of their stuff at all. It looks like it could be Cawdor, but they aren’t coming until at least Q1 next year. So it’s probably Orks.Β 

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Could be yes, we might only get mountain and wind (if that’s what the veiled lady is). Which could be the more Teclian part, and see zenith and river later with Tyrion. Otherwise this would be really a bigΒ release. Maybe Teclis and Tyrion are zenith, then theΒ would be β€œonly” 3 other sub-factions.Β 

As they really haven’t shown anything (even unintentionally) muchΒ besides things that are connected to the mountain and wind factions that could be. The only thingsΒ which still lets me think Tyrion and his stuff is going to be there, is that they need some kind of major reveal at the end at Adepticon (and the get the wow factor in right before the Lumineth are released), and the Phoenix banner they have shown in combination with all the talk about Tyrion. One of the two rumour β€œhammers” also doesn't fit that well so far. Could be wind connected though.

Edit: I forgot a rumour engine picture. There is at least one more monster on the way besides the bull (assuming these are not bull horns)

9E1008CD-7AA8-4C4C-A332-8AD2FB1CE597.jpeg

This is the hat from the crossed legged buddha zen wizard. He's already revealed. They are helmet horns.

At this point I'd be tempted to start thinking Scions of the Flame will be coming in a new Warcry starter set it's taken so long (that's assuming a new starter set will be out in the next few months, personally I think so), but then in that case I doubt they would have teased them from the very start and featured them a few times in things like the Tome of Champions.

Very odd.Β 

New rumour Engine def looks like some kind of Ork Painboy business to me.

• Like 1