The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

If you’re there please post pictures!

Not there unfortunately my friend.  Saw recording of video shown but should not screen grab and post here.  I hope the actual video will be up soon! If the video I saw doesn't go up on the website I will see if I can get some pics of it.

edit- we good. Potato pics below. 

64B4D41F-751E-43E2-9715-2A46C10508DF.png

7DAFEDDC-DBC7-4C0A-ACB1-80974C1BB860.png

14A54183-DB06-4215-9F4F-C17402AB8F3A.png

017DE2E5-C658-4F00-BD5A-A3BF6168A7A3.png

Edited by Austin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Necromunda ?  Nah (I actually love the support the game is getting, just give me Plague Zombie and Mad Max dust riders !)

But man where were you the day Ragnar, Ghazgkull AND FABIUS BILE came back together ?!

And those Aelves look great. The full picture of the Stone mage saves it for me. Might even get the DoK to paint.

To think Adepticon is in only two weeks.... 😍

Now I'm no archery expert but those extra strings on the tops of those Lumineth archers seem very funked up... 🤔 

Like, wouldn't that mess up the arrow shot with the extra power only on top?...

Seems very off...

Other than that they're neato. 👍 

Edited by Vasshpit

I am not so sure about the mage. I can see it with different elemental bases, helmet options and staff tops akin to the old HE mage kit

The archers are different, not the parachute pants I wanted.. but should make light work into some Araby units. Not sure I like the unrefined three string top of the bow.. hoping for an alternative 

also hoping for some sick elementals for endless spells 

**edit: archers have less than desired A-symmetrical thigh armor/ shield built in

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I am not so sure about the mage. I can see it with different elemental bases, helmet options and staff tops akin to the old HE mage kit

The archers are different, not the parachute pants I wanted.. but should make light work into some Araby units. Not sure I like the unrefined three string top of the bow.. hoping for an alternative 

also hoping for some sick elementals for endless spells 

I am holding off on judgment right now for the Lumineth.  I really, really like the Dawnriders and so I want to like this faction.  The spearmen seemed pretty meh (not bad just not much of anything to me) and the archers are...odd.  Same with the mage (though a different head might help).  So my hopes right now are pinned on the not-White Lions with hammers.

• Like 1

Okay, now I am down to not wanting the aelves anymore unless the Knights have enough heads for the entire army...what is going on with their weird helmets? Imo:

Knights: Very greek

Spearmen: somewhat Greek yet rather blocky with a less flowing design

Teclis: Disney‘s Jaffar

Archers: Sugar-topping helmets that look like dwarf caps from Snow White.

Mage: Utter stupid looking nonsense

Are these units supposed to go together? Every single unit looks like it belongs to a different culture.

And don‘t get me started on those bows, I can see that it‘s supposed to represent Asian archery in an over the tops way, yet it looks bad.

___
the DoK Are cool! I wonder what I can proxx them as.

Edited by JackStreicher

The archers make me think about compound bows, but not exactly. This wouldn't work, so I'd snip off the extra strings, easy to do.

The mage would be a perfect chinese or mongol general. That's a vibe I get more and more of the entire army. I'll probably end up getting a box just for the hobby.

The DoK are going in my collection to make D&D stuff from. Though the hag queen would make a perfect Sorceress as well.

Edited by zilberfrid

I really like the archers and especially the mage. It is exactly the kind of wackiness I like to see in AoS. I am really curious to see how deep this range goes. We have got the hammerers coming and presumably Tyrion. 

I am hoping we see a monster or two, at least 3 more unnamed characters and some heavy cavalry or a flying unit. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Ppl should expect anything connected with stone in this faction also associates with auroch, so...

Yes, this time they were pretty blunt with their hint "look at mountain rune on the flag pole with a big bull symbol". And you even can see the horns and tail of the bull on the Gamma reveal video (around 1:30). And then you have the hooves that you showed before, so that one is 100% there. 

And with the Alarith Stonemage, the Rumour Mill hammer head, and the hammer unit we saw in the background picture (if not clearly) all sharing the "cracked marble" optics a hammer unit is also very likely (if the one picture wasn't misleading). 

If we really get mages and spirits for all 4 elements that would be awesome. The veiled Wind Mage (maybe) is likely also shown in the Gamma video in the same scene.