Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Looks like the shirtless one to me... sorry 

C9E18D05-7F03-48EA-B59F-EDF376F1A1AC.jpeg.df97be019972d1ad3b82d8512fbaff46.jpeg

Yikes I sure hope not! It isn't even close. It doesn't even have the horns which are the most distinctive part of the art, the mask is totally different, the jaw is totally different. Usually the art is pretty close.

Disappointed that it's another Ironjawz Warband. Seems strange to double up when Bonesplitters lack one?

I know there's three Stormcast Warbands, but they're the poster boys so that's to be anticipated. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Skaven!

we are still missing a set of clans pestilence, eshin, masterclan, moulder and skryre

Right that’s what i said. Etc etc. ;) 

(big Skaven fan would love nothing more than for moulded and eshin to get some love)

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Yikes I sure hope not! It isn't even close. It doesn't even have the horns which are the most distinctive part of the art, the mask is totally different, the jaw is totally different. Usually the art is pretty close.

Hmm you might be right on second thought. What looked like horns on a dark screen turn out to be weirdly high shoulder muscles. So I guess you’re right. 
BE6B7367-F455-4882-B0EE-CEDBFDD73AEE.jpeg.0f9f693540f84c9b119c8ade3ce3905b.jpeg

6CAC93BE-FDD5-4D58-B5CE-7434C30F5DE3.png.2ae8d4d534ad37ce33d48ff3af8b8be1.png

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disappointed that it's another Ironjawz Warband. Seems strange to double up when Bonesplitters lack one?

I know there's three Stormcast Warbands, but they're the poster boys so that's to be anticipated. 

mostly disappointed they didn't show this and DOK at the same time :/ we knew more IJ were coming, this time as brutes

It’s a case of art being made early on, possibly at the concept stage for the minis. You’ll notice that the two handed mace is also shown on a Beastgrave card but in the hands of an ork with a full helm, more armour and no bird skull. 

Things change and similarities between art and models aren’t as tight for Underworlds as for main AoS because they use freelancers. This sort of difference has happened multiple times already. Hrothgorn, the gnoblars and his cat all appeared strikingly different from the models in some early cards. Best not get your hope up for more new orks. These are them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Actually the art is often quite different from the finished minis. If you go back and look at some of the art of Hrothgorn on cards, for example, a lot of it looks very different in the same way this does. The card art seems like it's commissioned before the designs for the minis are finalised, which makes sense. 

• Like 1

Hah, snap! 

EDIT: And Nick Bayton from Warhammer TV has just confirmed on Facebook. 

underworlds confirmation.PNG

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Hah, snap! 

EDIT: And Nick Bayton from Warhammer TV has just confirmed on Facebook. 

underworlds confirmation.PNG

That's too bad. They really failed with that model compared to the art. On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

Dangit, was really hoping for that DoK warband. Sometimes I feel like the faction has been lost to time, since they're barely ever referenced in stories or in the lore.

Did you listen to the new Gotrek audio dramas? The second main character (his traveling "companion" is a DoK witch aelf. 

6 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

That's too bad. They really failed with that model compared to the art. On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

I think the underworlds models are pretty nice quality. I just built and zenithaled my wurmspat minis and i thought they were incredible (having 25 blight kings, GUO, Glottkin, I think the wurmspat is actually better sculpts.)   I also recently finished painting thorns of the briar queen and thought the sculpts were great and fun to paint. 

• Like 2

Malaneth has also risen in the Gotrek stories and it seems she'll be there for the long haul - perhaps even as long as Felix was in the Old World. Of course the dynamic between her and Gotrek is very different, especially as she has conflicts within herself as her attitude toward him and her own ideas of self preservation and advancement. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

Oh no, I personally think they are superior! 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Oh no, I personally think they are superior! 

Not a fan of pushfit though.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Nope. They’re generally more characterful versions of the infantry kits. I prefer them, most of the time. 

• Like 5

On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

I don't. I have a few warbands, and they have similar detailing to regular models, and quite nice posing.

With the new Orruks and Grots, I do feel that the quantity of models is decreasing, while the price is increasing.

Edited by zilberfrid

Couldn't disagree more, I think the Underworlds minis are fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of push fit, but the things they're able to achieve with it are nothing short of incredible.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disappointed that it's another Ironjawz Warband. Seems strange to double up when Bonesplitters don’t have one?

I really like these models.  I’m happy to get more Brute models.  Having said that, I too was hoping for a Bonesplitterz warband and I am disappointed there is not one.  My reason is that these Underworlds warbands usually have a hero model in them and I would really like a new plastic Bonesplitterz hero sculpt - preferably a Wardok.

But alternate Brute models in more dynamic poses is great also.  And each of these guys looks like they could work well for fun Warchanter conversions.

• Like 2

I'm really surprised people are complaining about there being another Ironjawz warband considering we've pretty much known there was going to be one since the starter set for this season was released. Personally I think their sculpts look great, they'll look great alongside my Ironskullz Boys when I use them for Warcry too. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

No, in fact I'm a little disappointed that Underworlds is where to much of GW's model making "energy" seems to be going. They could at least have the decency to use the in a skirmish game instead of a board game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

More hype needs to be had over William King writing AoS stories!  I am very excited to see what he does with the Knights Excelsior.  There is the short story below, but then also he has a story in the upcoming Oaths and Conquest (and I think it is also Knights Excelsior).  f75810b2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

Nope. They’re generally more characterful versions of the infantry kits. I prefer them, most of the time. 

Same, I can't think of an UW warband that isn't on par with or superior to their regular AoS infantry counterpart.

Tbh in this case though something for bonesplitters would have been nice, I actually prefer the bird mask dude to the one on the cards. Stands out a lot more, really unexpected.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Same, I can't think of an UW warband that isn't on par with or superior to their regular AoS infantry counterpart.

Tbh in this case though something for bonesplitters would have been nice, I actually prefer the bird mask dude to the one on the cards. Stands out a lot more, really unexpected.

I agree.  These guys all look great and to me the shirtless one with the bird skull mask is quite a stand-out.  I’ll probably buy a couple of sets of these and convert some of them into alternate warchanters or weirdnobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

I'm really surprised people are complaining about there being another Ironjawz warband considering we've pretty much known there was going to be one since the starter set for this season was released. Personally I think their sculpts look great, they'll look great alongside my Ironskullz Boys when I use them for Warcry too. 

I’m only disappointed because I was hoping for some new Bonesplitterz models - preferably an alternate hero sculpt (wardok please!).  The entire bonesplitter range is from Warhammer fantasy 8th edition or older.  The current wardok is one of the oldest sculpts that GW sells.  He is from 6th edition Warhammer fantasy (possibly older).  It is still a decent model, but wardoks are now a hero you are likely to use more than one of and I was hoping for an updated model.  That said, it is easy to convert wardoks from the plastic savage Orruk kit so it’s not a big deal.

These Ironjawz look great to me - so I am happy to have them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

No, in fact I'm a little disappointed that Underworlds is where to much of GW's model making "energy" seems to be going. They could at least have the decency to use the in a skirmish game instead of a board game.

can't you use them in the skirmish mode anyway?  they have tabletop stats.

my only gripe with AOS skirmish is the updated rules are in a White Dwarf I can't find for a reasonable price, and no idea if they updated their ePub rules to be in line with that mag

• Like 3

The two ironjawz underworlds warbands would make a perfect Warcry warband when combined. I will be picking these guys up for exactly that reason. A lot of the underworlds warbands can be used well that way.  I enjoy underworlds but don’t play it that much. I love the minis though. They make for fantastic painting projects. They fit pretty seamlessly into a Warcry warband and they often make for great alt sculpts to bring variety to an army. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1