Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

23 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They propoably simply have a better understanding of color due to their background ^^. But nice story :D

Edit: NVM I just reread the study! Females can see more colors than males. (Which means more shades of a color)

DE36462C-1A92-4C5F-8DFB-3BF8F07E63F4.jpeg.b8ab0b2c1a815530e4c564800b201625.jpeg

now I am a sad panda đŸ„ș

Don t be sad m8.At least we have simpler time buying clothes.If its a red shirt it goes with ma red shoes.Don t have to get my brain in a twist to make the shades to match.

Edited by The lord of murder
  • Haha 2

Post pic of awesome, colourful, paint job.

Go for a walk.

Return 4 hours later to find discussion of the genetic makeup of 'females'...

Insert Homer-Simpson-Disappearing-Into-Hedge.GIF

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'd still be extremely leery of any reduction of her style to "oh she's a girl, their eyes are like that" when her work is still the result of a lot of effort and craft, there's male painters who work in that same style, and there's prominent female painters whose style is radically different.

The chain of 'female painter doing excellent work -> ah, here's a biological reason based on her eyes' seems to me to be a drastic oversimplification of what makes a good painter and what goes into the development of a particular painterly aesthetic. Comes off as a very Just-So story kind of situation. It's also not something anyone would say about a male painter; 'he's a dude, so he can paint like that'.

I'm not suggesting she paints that way because she's a woman at all. I just thought it was an interesting bit of trivia is all. I am colorblind myself, so I always find the ways in which color perception can differ between people (and populations, in this case) quite interesting. 

@JPjr Thats not really what happened at all, but you do you, I suppose. 

Edited by Deepkin

26 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Go for a walk.

Hey we were talking about genetic makeup of men and women at the same time. 

That said lets not also forget that we've got release information this weekend too!! Though its likely to be supporting games or boardgames; but one never knows what might appear and some of the 3rd party licence GW stuff is a LOT of fun

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying, that she is a great painter because she is a woman. That said, I believe that what is so stunning in her style is somehow shared by other great female painters, like Kaha (I have linked her facebook site above).

Every good painter develops his own, unique style with time. When it comes to female painters, it is often, that the style distinguishes itself by the unique use of colours. And I am not talking only about miniature painters. 

I love her work and it's super fun and colorful.

Back on topic of rumors,

That mask seems like it could go with the sons of behecet too. Like on some random strapped on armor or whatnot. But I think more likely it will be something for a smaller release. Like a 1 off armor plate for a Minotaur shadespire band or something. 

Hey, boneheads, if its only "wimmenz" that see better colours, how come all you menz can see and appreciate the art she does?

Where's the studies on that?

You should all be "whatever, looks like a blue and pink cat, who gives a fudge, where's beer?"

Why are there men judging painting contests at all? Am I taking crazy pills here or is this like skipping out on the massive fact men are looking at and appreciating these magic invisible colours?

Really though, it's a great rendition of that model. She paints great. I can see that. 'nuff said.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Countdown till usual Rumour Thread moderation kicks in.
Gaz in 10....9....8....7....

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

At this point, I am just absolutely dumbfounded at the tone some people are taking. The internet is truly a strange and unpleasant place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard a rumour that they're removing men's rights because of this thread. Fair enough 😔 we had it coming boys

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

Go for a walk.

That's a really long walk!  Kudos! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

I heard a rumour that they're removing men's rights because of this thread. Fair enough 😔 we had it coming boys

Yiesh ,renounce your  gut plate and present yourself to the Gutsmen.Punny small guts that go soft over she ogre Brag Night have no place in the tribe.Yer going into the Soup!!

9 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Countdown till usual Rumour Thread moderation kicks in.
Gaz in 10....9....8....7....

+++ MOD HAT +++

I'm not Gaz 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Welp now after seeing that Louise Sugden model I'm now gonna have to learn to paint bright colours and get myself pastel colour paints because boy does that seem exactly the sort of style of colour I'd love painting!

Looks like that dark elder covens project I was about to start is gonna get loud and pastel!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

Welp now after seeing that Louise Sugden model I'm now gonna have to learn to paint bright colours and get myself pastel colour paints because boy does that seem exactly the sort of style of colour I'd love painting!

Looks like that dark elder covens project I was about to start is gonna get loud and pastel!

''dark elder covens project I was about to start is gonna get loud and pastel! '' You do your archon proud.

• Thanks 1

While it's true that women naturally see subtle color differences better than men, I've also read that people (no matter if male or female) that have to do with colors (let's say artists) develop a greater eye for color differences irregardless of gender. That said it really doesn't matter here anyways.

But that Tzeentchian Sphiranx is absolutely beautiful (and cool and very unique) and Louise is a truly worthy champion of Tzeentch. I've seen stuff from her before but she got even better. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

~Bring Chaos Dwarves to plastic GW~

Couldn't agree more, I've been wanting plastic Chaos Dwarves for years. That said I reckon it's probably got something to do with Sons of Behemat, looks a bit like the face of a Mangler Squig that's been flattened and I'm assuming stretched over a shield or armour of some kind.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

I'm not Gaz 😉

Sure?? 😉

my bad.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I don't know why, but it gives me Chaos vibes instead of Destruction vibes.

~Bring Chaos Dwarves to plastic GW~

Well it gives me some kind of a Mongolian vibe, I’m not sure why though?

14 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well it gives me some kind of a Mongolian vibe, I’m not sure why though?

It’s the tongue, which only confirms that chaos dwarfs are getting some new hobgoblin models.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, JPjr said:

@RuneBrush yeah, pretty much everything she makes has me giddy with joy, it’s such a clearly defined aesthetic that just looks incredible. I’d love to see an entire Tzeentch army by her, it’d be a riot.

much as I love the gritty Blanchitsu kind of stuff everytime I see her models I want to completely change everything I do to mine.

I think the thing that she and Blanche do so well is that they somehow are able to communicate their style and tone and character of the model without ever really veering from an established palette, that's the thing that always astonishes me. Louise can paint things in the most extraordinarily vibrant tropical colours without them losing an iota of their spirit. She can make Nurgle look more Nurgle with crisp Bright yellows and pinks than most can manage with the most traditional Nurgle approach.

Likewise Blanche can make brighter and more beautiful tones with brown than most can manage with a rainbow of colours.

Its a true testament to developing your own style and pursuing it as an art, making a miniature a canvas and part of your expression rather than letting the mini dictate what you do to it.

But then in my experience all the best mini painters have an understanding of art theory which allows them to consider a mini as a concept and a piece and exist in a whole other dimension to how most people who dont have that knowledge. Most people paint minis basically in a paint by numbers fashion. Belt is brown. Sword is metal. Shield is blue etc. They paint about thirty separate objects on one figure. Whereas my favourite artists (James Wappel added to the above, few others) tend to paint in respect to value, contrast and style as their determining factor, painting the mini as one coherent thing rather than a sort of Buckaroo Horse of multiple stuff stuck on one figure. 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

I admire her restraint in posting just a teaser of the little Tzeentch logo and then nothing on her Insta until bam, the full model was unleashed, none of that "here is a photo of a grey unprimed model I just bought followed by eight weeks of updates on the NMM taking shape on the left kneepad" - please do not make me hate the sight of your miniatures almost as much as I hate the sight of mine!!

• Like 5

On 2/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, Still-young said:

BF0674BF-DE7A-4A1C-9602-0939607F2EF1.jpeg

What's strage, to me, it's that it has a huge "vintage vibe".

... but what if it's a mask worn by some big character? Look at the eyes.