Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

we do not need to start whit the conspiracy theory just yet some weaks ar just fillers thats all. But i do want that seraphon bok now!

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with Made to Order weeks. I'm not fussed about this one, since its just imperial guard, but they've done some great fantasy and Lord of the Rings runs over the last year or so. We'll get the seraphon book soon enough. Its just a matter of time.

• Like 4

This again is why GW needs to start doing roadmaps like the one they recently showed off for Necromunda. That way customers aren't languishing while waiting for releases without any time frames.

21 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This again is why GW needs to start doing roadmaps like the one they recently showed off for Necromunda. That way customers aren't languishing while waiting for releases without any time frames.

What’s the advantage for GW? 
if I know the next few releases I’m going spread less money over those releases vs. every surprise one that catches my eye I spend money on. 

now you might argue that it creates more connected customers which helps long term, but I think that the part of the consumer base that’s collecting a lot far outweighs that. 

• Like 3

i guess they want some flexibility in their release schedule so that why they never give out hard dates and only say what month or season it is release.

Though sisters of battle where suppose to be release last year but it got push into this year and now be finishing in March.

I actually didn't like having a roadmap for Necromunda. Takes away some of the mystique. And now I can clearly see how long the wait will be until my Cawdor gets a book 😅😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warcry tome of champions 2019 was a prime example of issues it creates when they have no flexibilty with release. Tome was released in december because 2019 but models are finally becoming available for it now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Nothing wrong with Made to Order weeks. I'm not fussed about this one, since its just imperial guard, but they've done some great fantasy and Lord of the Rings runs over the last year or so. We'll get the seraphon book soon enough. Its just a matter of time.

Agreed, though maybe next time they’ll Do plastic tomb kings kits, that’d sell so quickly they’d need another week to get every order!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

I actually didn't like having a roadmap for Necromunda. Takes away some of the mystique. And now I can clearly see how long the wait will be until my Cawdor gets a book 😅😭

Least they've got a chance - I'm still waiting for phyrr cats to get remade and released! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

What’s the advantage for GW? 
if I know the next few releases I’m going spread less money over those releases vs. every surprise one that catches my eye I spend money on. 

now you might argue that it creates more connected customers which helps long term, but I think that the part of the consumer base that’s collecting a lot far outweighs that. 

We go round and round on this whenever the GW schedule gets particularly weird (which right now it seems that way  bc of the SoB gap and everyone wanting Seraphon).  Even a simple two month out release schedule would go a long way towards being a reasonable retailer. 

And I think the answer to your question is actually pretty simple.  The advantage to GW for not treating customers like cash bags (with no impulse control) would be long term loyalty (as you point out).  I think you are being a bit too dismissive in your thoughts on the value there, because at some point soon 3d printers are going to be a real threat to GW.  Once that happens, brand loyalty will be a thing.

I think you have been around long enough to remember the bad old days when GW started actually losing to Privateer Press/Warmachine and X Wing.  That happened for a reason.  And GW came back for a reason also, they seemed to be making and doing things their customers wanted.

This is such a small thing, with potentially big payoff both for GW and for us. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

DOGS OF WAR PLS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I agree on the release schedule.

I have a monthly and year budget so a release schedule would help me understand what to spend on. Surprises end up only ruining my plans and me losing something may have interested me. 
Regarding the Seraphon book didn’t we see it was shipped long ago? I don’t think that is risking anything but the future is grim with not only few factories closed but many delivery centres. If that was going to affect GW the consequences could be felt in 6 months I reckon.

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah I agree on the release schedule.

I have a monthly and year budget so a release schedule would help me understand what to spend on. Surprises end up only ruining my plans and me losing something may have interested me. 
Regarding the Seraphon book didn’t we see it was shipped long ago? I don’t think that is risking anything but the future is grim with not only few factories closed but many delivery centres. If that was going to affect GW the consequences could be felt in 6 months I reckon.

I recall the warscroll cards where spotted in the shipping logs but not the battletome

44 minutes ago, novakai said:

I recall the warscroll cards where spotted in the shipping logs but not the battletome

Yes, it's a weird situation where the only confirmed shipped battletome is the one that hasn't been announced yet (Sons of Behemat)

1 hour ago, Austin said:

The advantage to GW for not treating customers like cash bags (with no impulse control) would be long term loyalty (as you point out)

They already have long term loyalty, 30+ years of success, and amaaaaazing returns for investors.

Honestly, this recurring, periodic grousing over what they should and should not be doing with "roadmaps" or the like is pointless and tedious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suddenly realised why next week's preorder is so lacklustre. 

The black library is on February 29th. Gw will be shipping a bunch of black library stuff to stores that weekend. If you compare the same dates last year you will see a similar thing. 

As for a route map we do know quite a bit about upcoming releases. 

We know that 40k engine war and the new aeronautica imperialis are coming in April. 

We know that the next wave of sisters and the saga of the beast for 40k are coming in March. We have a zoat coming sometime. 

Aside from from Lumineth and Seraphon, I can't think of anything else which has been officially announced. 

We have the New York toy fair this weekend which may show something and we have Gama starting on March 9th which may show something more. 

If I was going to bet on a preorder schedule I would say

February 29th Seraphon

March 7th Sisters

March 14th side games release-zoat etc.

March 21st Saga of the beast with Ghazghull

March 25th Adepticon with full Lumineth reveal and Sons of Behemat tease. 

March 28th Lumineth.

April  more Lumineth, Engine war and Aeronautica. 

May Sons of Behemat and war of the spider for 40k

• Like 2

@Chikout What's Engine War? Never heard of it.... Though I guess I don't really follow 40K rumours anymore. 

Is there a good summary of all these rumours and spotted shipping dates somewhere? 

EDIT:
disregard, I found that Engine War is just another book in this seemingly never ending Psychic Awakening story arc

Edited by Inquisitorsz

8 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Agreed, though maybe next time they’ll Do plastic tomb kings kits, that’d sell so quickly they’d need another week to get every order!

That would be great, an d we have now seen them do a plastic made to order, so it might actually be possible. Personally I'd like to get my hands on a few more ushabti, as I have enough of the plastic kits, but anything for tomb kings would be great. Maybe with the Desert of the Dead Kickstarter doing well GW will see that there is still demand.

I agree that made for order dogs of war would also be great, ahile while we 're at it lets have some more chaos dwarfs!

8 hours ago, Overread said:

Least they've got a chance - I'm still waiting for phyrr cats to get remade and released! 

I’m kind of assuming they (and the Kymerae or whatever the Escher brute is called) will come out in Q2 with the House of Blades book, like how the Goliath ‘Zerker came out with their book. 

Edited by xking

Also in the schedule, a persistent rumor is that there is a 40k dual army box coming with the next PA Ork vs space wolves, with their respective leaders. 

Side note: I couldn't resist to spiranx and formroid, ordered both despite knowing that they are almost useless. But they look so damn good in a StD army!  (especially here: )5e8053fa.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

I believe there's also one of the 40K books that is hinted at dealing with spiders - so some are thinking its another Eldar wave with Warpsiders. Which would make sense as Eldar still have a lot of finecast aspect warriors, which are a pretty major deal for their army. So getting more into plastic makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Also in the schedule, a persistent rumor is that there is a 40k dual army box coming with the next PA Ork vs space wolves, with their respective leaders. 

Side note: I couldn't resist to spiranx and formroid, ordered both despite knowing that they are almost useless. But they look so damn good in a StD army!  (especially here: )5e8053fa.jpg

Just use them in Warcry (if you play Warcry). Everything has it's niche.

Edited by michu

31 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

My understanding was that the cat was pretty good?

Well,the cat could have had his uses...if it weren't an aptitude launched in the hero phase making it super weird and hard to  use it efficiently (timing...phhh)....

Same for the crusher...in a worse  lol.