Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

59 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Skaven do, and it’s a shame, but every time I’m building a test list I end up looking at either building 60 oldish battleline hamsters that I don’t like, or converting dozens of acolytes almost from scratch, just to be able to field the really nice models. One less customer. And I may not be alone with that.

Acolyte: use the monk hamsters and add a cheap ball in their hand, done and good looking. I didn't do it myself (yet) but I've read that it is a cheap elegant solution.

You are right about the battleline but the other stuff are great (things in the SC!, stormfiends, tanquol, lords etc...)

Yes. Doesn't tell us much except there's at least one large model we haven't seen yet.

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

Yes. Doesn't tell us much except there's at least one large model we haven't seen yet.

Tyrion. Mystery solved.

11 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Seems quite obviously Lumineth this week. 

033A1143-6BDE-41DD-8477-21C54A6F56F0.jpeg

It could be Lumineath but since the release is coming soon I feel like the Rumor engine window would tease something further out in the future 

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Skaven have soooo many things in plastic that are amazing. Don't hesitate, try them!

Yes, we have soo many good looking plastic miniatures.

Throw out all the old resin/ failcast models, and anything that doesn’t look like a decent rat, and we would be at a line where only the clans Verminus, the masterclan and a few skryre stuff would be left standing.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

It could be Lumineath but since the release is coming soon I feel like the Rumor engine window would tease something further out in the future 

They recently showed the headdress thing from the spearmen a week or two before they revealed the models. The timescale from rumour engine to reveal is pretty variable. 

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

They recently showed the headdress thing from the spearmen a week or two before they revealed the models. The timescale from rumour engine to reveal is pretty variable. 

Yeah but normally it quite a time period between the engine and release.

the headdress was more of the exception since it was promoting LVO

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but normally it quite a time period between the engine and release.

the headdress was more of the exception since it was promoting LVO

Not really. There was no mention of it being any different to a normal rumour engine. 

The tree here matches the ones on Teclis’s base. 

Plus we’re probably a couple of months out from release. Might still be a few weeks before we see it. 

Edited by Still-young

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Not really. There was no mention of it being any different to a normal rumour engine. 

The tree here matches the ones on Teclis’s base. 

Would they really tease another tree rumor engine again for the same army again and make it that obvious?

that probably where my skepticism lies

Just now, novakai said:

Would they really tease another tree rumor engine again for the same army again and make it that obvious?

I would say it’s more likely than using the exact same style of tree for a different army, yeah. 

34 minutes ago, novakai said:

They used the helmet plumes on the rumor engine days before it was revealed. I still belive the stone moon is a staff option for Lumineth "montain" wizard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Why not?

At this point we know Lumineth exist, but they can still use rumor engines to tease models that haven't been revealed yet.

It has to be Lumineth, with the exact same kind of tree on a rock. Pretty daft it doesn’t tease anything else or give a glimpse of what it could be...

24 minutes ago, madmac said:

Why not?

At this point we know Lumineth exist, but they can still use rumor engines to tease models that haven't been revealed yet.

because you know "Mindgames"

Yeah, it's Lumineth. They've teased stuff only a week or two before release in the past and even teased stuff more obviously tied to an already-known release than this, e.g. a lot of the 40k chaos stuff.

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

I think the cat could be quite potent in some armies - Like Beasts of Chaos. Like they could have it proc and then multicharge a key unit. The only issue is that it activates in the hero phase, so it already needs to be quite close unless you rely on being charged with the cat screened by cheap chaff. The other models seem kinda meh. 

I find the Sphiranx a bit exensive: 90pts would have been better.

The worse is the Formoroid crusher. At 100 pts, so random shooter with a so situational aptitude I can't find him a role. It is a shame that GW did a so bad warscroll for them. For example, just make him "unit of 1 to 3" with a 70 pts each, and/or rend -1 CC, and I would have taken 2 (at least). And he is the only shooter in the StD army! So unfortunate: Because this kit come with 2 builds! (each looking superb, like the cat which is also a 2 builds kit).

Shame on you GW!🤬

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, michu said:

Tyrion. Mystery solved.

Tyrion reincarnated as a tree

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The lore did put a lot of focus on the Realmlords using the bonded mountain spirits to fortify their infantry and let mages hurl boulders at the enemy.

Between this and the stone-like hammer it could be a mountain spirit manifestation or a leader/mage  on a moving mountain.

Also kinda off-topic but a Silver Tower mobile game was announced today.

https://toucharcade.com/2020/02/11/warhammer-quest-silver-tower-ios-android-perchang-trailer-turn-based-strategy/

• Like 2

The new Necromunda models have great AoS conversion potential, especially for Warcry/StD 

74870B90-A12D-4A71-A397-2710D8EA937D.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted by DaveC on Dakka, shipping manifest for 10th of February for sons of behemat battletome

41a0bca3b0ac540cd522b55a693c8dcb_61979.jpeg.f5580177ab5b3beeb05b1863039393e5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

The lore did put a lot of focus on the Realmlords using the bonded mountain spirits to fortify their infantry and let mages hurl boulders at the enemy.

Between this and the stone-like hammer it could be a mountain spirit manifestation or a leader/mage  on a moving mountain.

Also kinda off-topic but a Silver Tower mobile game was announced today.

https://toucharcade.com/2020/02/11/warhammer-quest-silver-tower-ios-android-perchang-trailer-turn-based-strategy/

They need to stop with these ugly  mobile games.  Get real, and make something decent for AoS.

• Like 2