The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, BrownDog said:

All I want is a supplement for CoS with the Chamon cities. It really writes itself and would be so awesome.

Well that and SoB. Give me my damn giants GW.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, Aipaca said:

All I want is a supplement for CoS with the Chamon cities. It really writes itself and would be so awesome.

Well that and SoB. Give me my damn giants GW.

I'm really hoping either the White Dwarf or the next campaign supplement will have more cities of sigmar... umm, cities!  

EDIT: And someone make Lethis a real city!

Edited by willange
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bryan I Guess said:

Can I put forward the motion to change the short version of Sons of Behemat? My brain gets really confused when I read about possible Sisters of Battle reveals in an AoS forum.

Can we just call them Sons? Maybe SoBe or SoBh?

Or, you know, we could call them something radical like, oh, I don't know ... Sons of Behemat, maybe?

Plus, this forum really would benefit from a mouseover function for words in our lexicon.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Or, you know, we could call them something radical like, oh, I don't know ... Sons of Behemat, maybe?

Plus, this forum really would benefit from a mouseover function for words in our lexicon.

When a faction was called Dwarfs, people did not shorten it (as much). When factions get called Ossiarch Bonereapers, people do.

Somehow, having 3* the characters inspires that.

Since there's mostly at least one word superfluous, just cutting that would also work. So Ossiarch, Khaine, Khorne, Behemat, Cities etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

When a faction was called Dwarfs, people did not shorten it (as much). When factions get called Ossiarch Bonereapers, people do.

Somehow, having 3* the characters inspires that.

Since there's mostly at least one word superfluous, just cutting that would also work. So Ossiarch, Khaine, Khorne, Behemat, Cities etc.

That's a reasonable compromise.

The key is to think "If a new hobbyist came here all excited to learn about this fabulous thing we all enjoy, could they quickly and unambiguously figure out what is being said?"

It is easy to forget that we were all new at some point. Let's be encouraging to all those who are years behind us on the journey (even if it's for the selfish reason of wanting to create new opponents 😉).

(And that's not even getting into the idea of a single language unifying a people vs. using different languages to divide them.)

4 hours ago, Sleboda said:

That's a reasonable compromise.

The key is to think "If a new hobbyist came here all excited to learn about this fabulous thing we all enjoy, could they quickly and unambiguously figure out what is being said?"

It is easy to forget that we were all new at some point. Let's be encouraging to all those who are years behind us on the journey (even if it's for the selfish reason of wanting to create new opponents 😉).

(And that's not even getting into the idea of a single language unifying a people vs. using different languages to divide them.)

I myself am not yet a year in. I get this.

10 hours ago, Bryan I Guess said:

Can I put forward the motion to change the short version of Sons of Behemat? My brain gets really confused when I read about possible Sisters of Battle reveals in an AoS forum.

Agreed.  As an actual Sisters of Battle player, I automatically default to them as.

In my head I refer to the Sons of Behemat  as "Sons" in a similar way to "Daughters" of Khaine.

Alternatively, Behemat or just BEH.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bryan I Guess said:

I'd love a Sisters army for Aos. Just replace the bolters for the Stormcast Vanguard crossbows. And its not far off a AoS army. 

The best way to deal with ambiguous acronyms is the official way. When you first use an acronym in a post you should define it, thereafter you can use it as normal. For example: I can't wait to see the new warband for the Daughters of Khaine (DoK). It feels like we had a quicker reveal of factions for underworlds in previous years. Whenever we see them it will have been a bitof a wait since the first warband came out. It would be good if it includes some of the DoK heroes which  are presently tricky tk get on their own, or like Gloom spite and Kharadrons is like the whole army in microcosm.

I suspect defining terms in every post is too much work for a forum though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I vote for Chunky ladz, Bemmies or just Sons. 

I think it is rather wishful thinking that people will define the acronyms at the start of every post. After all this is a forum for nerds to post a quick comment on some topic, not an scientific paper or essay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I'd love a Sisters army for Aos. Just replace the bolters for the Stormcast Vanguard crossbows. And its not far off a AoS army. 

I just converted a Sister to be a dwarf yesterday.

They are 2/3 leg, and 1/3 leg is enough for a dwarf.

I'd go for different shapes than the Vanguard "bolters with crossbow bits" aesthetic. These are very close to just slapping greebles on their own bolters, and frankly, ugly as sin.

I find that, with conversion, it works best to err on the side of convention. That is, maybe use a bit too many original parts, but never too few.

I've been toying with this for a while but I think its time for all realms to have a large human release. I first thought a second edition warcry could contain a few non chaos human bands but I think there is huge scope for more. There could be 6 or 7 unique units for realm and add in the cities stuff. 

Just imagine a chamon human battle tome

Rules for hallowheart,anvilgaard cog forts, mechanised units 3 or 4 infantry cavalry or war machines choices.

Or failing that stuff grand alliance order and have a grand alliance for each realm

Just out of curiosity, the acronyms we use in this forum are specific to this forum or quite widely understood? I saw once a BoK never saw before (blades of khorne) but maybe that was the ”official” title. 
@CDM what you suggest is interesting but I think if it will ever happen would be in a game like Warhammer Underworlds. Speaking of which, do the recent war bands scream Ghur to you guys? Apart the first two to me the others look all like could be from anywhere...

Some of them are generic, some unique to the forum, most are just abbreviations of faction names and such. About the only site I know that does highlight and define terms is Dakka Dakka and I believe that's some custom code that enables it. It is the sort of thing that could be considered, but I've no idea of the practicalities of enabling such a system nor the potential costs (eg buying it as a code expansion for the site).

Your best bet is to add a thread requesting it in the feedback section so that Ben can take notice and other users can weigh in with what they know and their thoughts on if its a good idea. 

11 hours ago, Kasper said:

I vote for Chunky ladz, Bemmies or just Sons. 

I think it is rather wishful thinking that people will define the acronyms at the start of every post. After all this is a forum for nerds to post a quick comment on some topic, not an scientific paper or essay.

Well, yeah. I concluded my post by saying that it wasn't likely to happen. I'm not exactly advocating it. Just pointing out that it is pretty much the only way to avoid confusion completely!

In my opinion the most tricky one is "IDK" which can be used to mean either "I Don't Know" of "Idoneth Deepkin" Its gotten to the point where I now see people saying "I don't know" on D&D forums and wonder why they are talking about Sea Elves.

Edited by EccentricCircle

10 hours ago, Overread said:

About the only site I know that does highlight and define terms is Dakka Dakka and I believe that's some custom code that enables it. 

The 9th Age forum also does it, in fact there is a large glossary of gameplay terms linked to it as well and I found it extremely helpful as a new player.

When SoB comes out this could be helpful. It is an AoS forum so it makes sense that when in doubt an acronym will refer to the AoS faction, but it would likely still be helpful.

That would at least sit more well with me than calling them the exact brand name to the T of an American tea drink 😆

image.png.f6f0d26c0078a605ee7c25bb0540391d.png