Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

222830CE-B866-4151-AFEF-13309D10C0D5.jpeg.c97a83b677e72afc37d2766223a30aef.jpeg

With Seraphon Warcry cards being up for preorder next week, I’m going to guess the new Seraphon book and terrain will be the week after 😁

That was my thinking - bring on the lizards!!!

daemons and mortal for chaos gods divided, oh boy 😎 interesting

Edited by calcysimon

39 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Do you have any more of these nice and accurate prophecies?

Two weeks for Seraphon? I don't know... It's my first time been a seer. 🤣

• Haha 1

Should we make anything of all of the 2019 dual box heroes being released at the same time? Perhaps KO and Tzeentch will have to wait until next year for their unique heroes (along with any other battlebox exclusives that come out this year)?

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Hypnocats!! 

Also freaking heck GW I know someone in the design team loves Nurgle but give the festering a break - let one of the other gods have some production slots for some unique characters/models darn it ;) 

If you’re talking about the Blackstone Fortress thing, they’re existing e2b kits from when 8th Ed 40k came out repackaged for BSF, nothing new. 

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Oh, man finally Warcry cards for the rest of my armies!

Wait...no Fyreslayers? literally the last battletome army with no card pack?

Oh tell me about your 2.0 battletome again 
- Seraphon Player

Plus you can one man Gotrek now! Thats almost like a Fyreslayers Warcry team!

Edited by Ivo

26 minutes ago, Ivo said:

Oh tell me about your 2.0 battletome again 
- Seraphon Player

Plus you can one man Gotrek now! Thats almost like a Fyreslayers Warcry team!

Now, now. I play Seraphon and Fyreslayers.  It's a double bounty of getting terrain I don't want and no new models.

Honestly though, while I'm glad to see Seraphon finally included in something, I'm not actually super hyped to play Warcry with the current Saurus Warrior/Knight/Kroxigor models.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madmac said:

Now, now. I play Seraphon and Fyreslayers.  It's a double bounty of getting terrain I don't want and no new models.

Honestly though, while I'm glad to see Seraphon finally included in something, I'm not actually super hyped to play Warcry with the current Saurus Warrior/Knight/Kroxigor models.

Just joking 😛

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't think Kroxigors are even going to be playable in Warcry since they are currently resin and models with rules for the game have all been at least in plastic

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Both! Haha look how that turned out. ;) 

I fully agree. That whole trouble with things being defendable in court always applied to the more generic factions. 
but the way you described chaos dwarfs is so unique. They are a shoe in for a aos army. Just don’t know how they sold in the old world and if that hurts the chances of a release. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t even really trying to aosify the Chaos Dearfs, that’s just generally how I view the army and wish they would finally make an appearance in plastic once again. I know with the whole forge world range it doesn’t really make sense, but there’s so much potential just being wasted! Forge world hasn’t done anything for them in years, and now the molds for the models are breaking down, soon there might not be anything left besides Shartor(the sos character model) at this rate😞. Plus they’re expensive, 70 usd for a unit of 10? 

• Like 1

So any wild guesses on the contents of the Maggotkin warband cards?

Can only make it out to 6 options and that is if Pusgoyles make it despite being the first warband model on a 60mm base to join Warcry. Seem pretty slim.

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t even really trying to aosify the Chaos Dearfs, that’s just generally how I view the army and wish they would finally make an appearance in plastic once again. I know with the whole forge world range it doesn’t really make sense, but there’s so much potential just being wasted! Forge world hasn’t done anything for them in years, and now the molds for the models are breaking down, soon there might not be anything left besides Shartor(the sos character model) at this rate😞. Plus they’re expensive, 70 usd for a unit of 10? 

Well from what it seems the trend, FW is slowing retiring from AoS and moving most likely towards the Old World range, so it’s not unlikely that Azgorh appears in AoS considering a retirement of the resin kits. Long shot but possible. Tamurkhan is also gone, many monsters that never fit are gone but also few that could have been used. 
One can keep hoping... 

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I don't think Kroxigors are even going to be playable in Warcry since they are currently resin and models with rules for the game have all been at least in plastic

Not quite true - the Slaves to Darkness card pack has rules for Chosen, which are resin.

• Like 1

I eventually want to do an army from each of the factions, and honestly I would love to get a plastic version of the Legion of Azgorh.   As long as their tied to Forge World though they'll be beyond my price range.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I eventually want to do an army from each of the factions, and honestly I would love to get a plastic version of the Legion of Azgorh.   As long as their tied to Forge World though they'll be beyond my price range.

I hear that, the next best thing I can think of is converting fyreslayers and KO models.

I'm a descent painter, but my converting skills are horrible.  Still, the two plastic Chaos Duardin in the Warcry boxes gives me hope.

Now, if they'd also come out with a Soulblight book I would be totally set...

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Much as I’d love to make jokes about the possible Slaaneshi upgrade kit(probably some Daemonettes “playing” with each head) I’m going to suggest the possibility of plastic chaos dwarfs once again. Wrath of the Everchosen gave us some lore hints that the OBR killed more then a few “corrupted duardin” kingdoms before attacking Eightpoints 3B74C878-C13C-448A-88E5-4664BB4AA23D.jpeg.6a914b1e7cd514ae22bbe2cc9b4ec1cf.jpeg

plus the recent S2D battletome mentioned that certain chaos warriors and lords get rune covered armour from the “Furnace Kings of Azgorh” who were mentioned all the way back in the Realmgate Wars! Finally we have the Spire Tyrants and Iron Golems warbands from Warcry, both having a(from what I’ve seen) beloved plastic chaos dwarf.7D078EDD-399F-4C76-9F52-C0E7C3AEB111.jpeg.59a9121a473af09505494c9060a010be.jpegEF360B13-C943-4D7E-96DB-31CAB9C7BBEB.jpeg.ef69deabd4eadc6b2d9b525cd032e6d5.jpeg
of course, I could be looking too much into simple fan pandering and callbacks from GW lore writers and modelers, but one of the things that got me into the hobby(besides the cyborgs of the mechanics in 40k) was the awesome idea of magic using dwarves who worshipped an evil Bull and built actual murder trains.

There are multiple ways to read corrupted there though. Could mean corrupted as in chaos, could mean, could mean corrupted as a value judgement or in relation to greed, given that the piece is written from the perspective of the Ossiarchs. Certainly the reference to a "tainted empire" which is the context in which the phrase is mentioned, would suggest that. The differentiation between Chaos specifically and then Duardin would suggest it was just an adjective rather than a noun. My guess would be the narrator intended to say that the Duardin Kingdoms referenced were influenced by the elemental presence of Chaos and generally messed up, but not actual Chaos worshippers.

• Like 1

The thing is: can they keep just adding new factions? I think after a while it would be too inflated to be balance-able.

This cycle took them 25 months to update all armies, either they start dropping/skipping some or every new version will take longer. In that case let’s hope changes between versions are not too big...

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The thing is: can they keep just adding new factions? I think after a while it would be too inflated to be balance-able.

This cycle took them 25 months to update all armies, either they start dropping/skipping some or every new version will take longer. In that case let’s hope changes between versions are not too big...

I think the game as a whole is in a generally good place.  I'm hoping when 3.0 does come out there wont be sweeping changes and all the 2.0 battletomes will be up to par. 

I for one welcome any potential Dawi Zharr ovdrlords. Especially if anything else is dropped from the forge world range. Some fyreslayers convert quite well, but a full plastic chaos dwarf army would be the best case scenario!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

How do the oldest 2.0 battletomes hold up compared to the latest?    

Are any elements now common place, but missing from the earliest books like Maggotkin of Nurgle book, for example?  Are any 2.0 books in need of review?

My theory is that, if 2020 sees 40k 9th.  2021 could see AOS 3rd, and then Old World in 2022.   If this happens, id like to see another series similar to Psychic Awakening prior to AOS 3.  But what can we expect in the meantime beyond pointy elves and giants? 

Was this already posted?

All dualbox Heroes are coming...

Screenshot_20200210-092032.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Are any elements now common place, but missing from the earliest books like Maggotkin of Nurgle book, for example?  Are any 2.0 books in need of review?

My theory is that, if 2020 sees 40k 9th.  2021 could see AOS 3rd, and then Old World in 2022.   If this happens, id like to see another series similar to Psychic Awakening prior to AOS 3.  But what can we expect in the meantime beyond pointy elves and giants? 

In every version certain Battletomes fair better than others and there are few “1.9” like Nurgle and LoN that suffer a bit. 
But since the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 was not that massive we could potentially see a much greater change in the next version once they understood which rules need to be modified. Either way chances are any change may require new updated tomes and while the last 2 years accustomed us with a great throughout of paper, we should not get used to it as WHFB was much slower in comparison.

Adepticon could give us the first hint of what comes next, so far we only know about the Lumineth, a name with no other context like the Sons of Behemath and not much more... so anything can happen!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

These "2.0" tomes NEED to be external balancing to compete with the rest of 2.0: Nighthaunt, Stormcast Eternals, Sylvaneth, Beasts of Chaos.

Idoneth Deepkin could use a fair bit of internal balancing as they basically are down to one list that is competitive and the rest of the book is a joke. Similarly Gloomspite could use a rebalancing.

Nurgle really needs a 2.0 book, that "ready for 2.0" was clearly wrong.

Legions of Nagash needs a massive cleanup and balancing if they don't intend on removing it due to soup-ness.

After all that, if Tzeentch gets properly looked at, the remainder of the 2.0 tomes can hold their own.

Edited by SleeperAgent
  • Like 2

Daughters of Khaine are still doing really well and they were an early Battletome. Most of the differences are minor things like "fully within" becoming the normal for auras as opposed to "within" since the former means that units have to all stay within a bubble, whilst the latter allowed you to keep one model in range, then string out the rest of the unit into a line and still benefit (which was not the intention). 

I don't expect to see any new Battletomes for armies now unless one of two things happens:

1) GW releases AoS 3.0.

2) GW releases a very large block of new models for an army. Ergo 5 or more models to add to the army. This might also not spark a new Tome and could be added with a simple expansion booklet. 

Basically unless armies are getting a big change I'd expect rules updates on cards/inexpansion books etc... rather than as a wholly new tome every time. 

Most of the rest of the updates can be done through the Generals Handbook as its tweaking rather than wholesale re-writing. It might be if one tome gets a lot of tweaks over time we might see a new edition released, but that's hard to predict. Also some of the underpowered might be fixed by adjusting power of the overpowered as well - eg pushing daughters, slaanesh, tzeentch etc... down a little. Sometimes the overpowered is just one element (eg see Ossiarchs and the Petrifax army). 

We also don't know what GW will do for 3.0. They could wholesale change things up; or they might make it more a collation of expansion rules and updated content and refine what they've got. The benefit there is that it would work well with existing tomes, but also mean that the game isnt' throwing away all the 2.0 balancing adjustments and material built up. 

• Like 1