Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

No seraphon again. Wish they didn't reveal the book now lol

Why? They aren’t going to release everything they show at the big events within a couple of weeks. At least you know it’s coming. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Not AoS related, but as someone that was glacially slow building a Genestealer Cult army, I am pretty disappointed the Start Collecting has the Ridge Runner and not the Goliath Truck included.  I was counting on the Start Collecting featuring the truck to finally finish my army.  Now, I don't know if I ever will finish it. Being both a horde army and the models being, even for GW, all the money.

The sad thing about collecting Genestealer Cults is that the individual models aren't the worst in terms of pricing, but the super low points costs of everything means you need absurd numbers of them. Such a cool army with an insanely high price of entry :(

I'm hoping the Lumineth strike a good balance between elite and good prices; after Bonereapers, my expectations are actually pretty high that they won't break the bank.

3 hours ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Not AoS related, but as someone that was glacially slow building a Genestealer Cult army, I am pretty disappointed the Start Collecting has the Ridge Runner and not the Goliath Truck included.  I was counting on the Start Collecting featuring the truck to finally finish my army.  Now, I don't know if I ever will finish it. Being both a horde army and the models being, even for GW, all the money.

I am building a Spite Revenant horde army.

A pound buys me 2 god-damn points...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Whatever you do, those armies are set to cost you around 350 to 500 eur. This is the GW business plan. Some are a bit more (or way more). Some are a bit less (and -rarely- way less). If you want a new  army on sprue with a lower cost, the only way is big boxes (dual armies box, start collecting and battleforce). Even with that you fall into the 350/500€. But sometimes, it is worth it: my last example: karadron army: bough 3 aether war sold 3 DoT halves (cost= 153€), sold 2 enrrimaster with balloon and 2 gunhaulers (got back 105€) then bough 2 SC and a Ironclad (and the warband with khermist).

Total cost 240€ for:

1 enrimaste balloon + 8 * 3  balloon guys + 3 gunhaulers + 10 thunderers + Ironclad + 2 enrimasters + warband with khermist. (I plan to sell 2*3 balloon guys to get for free the remaining HQ). (total is more than 2500pts) So, if you are not in a hurry, you can build armies at reasonable cost.

So anyone has any thought or theories about when Seraphon tome and the last Warcry cards will be out? 

Edited by Greasygeek

Any week now really. GW's got a very full schedule and there's a good few things people want. There's also at least one or two weeks more worth of Sisters of Battle to go. Suffice to say it doesn't sound like GW is slowing down this year!

• Thanks 1

in two weeks though would be a year since Carrion Empire had been release and still no sign of those boxset heroes yet

• Sad 3

Just now, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Makes me wonder what they're going to end the year on.  The front half is shaping up to be fairly fantastic!

battleforces and chapter approve, that usually how they end the year before the holidays

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Makes me wonder what they're going to end the year on.  The front half is shaping up to be fairly fantastic!

Please, god, it's only February, don't start wishing for December, I can't take it.

• Haha 9

Ha ha ha I wasn't wishlisting, just speculating, I promise!  Honestly, my biggest wish has been answered with the arrival of the Lumineth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really hoping for an earlier seraphon release. I have a tournament in early March and I'd love it if I could get SOME practice with them, but if I have to run them in a tournament for my first game I will.

10 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I am building a Spite Revenant horde army.

A pound buys me 2 god-damn points...

Trades are the way. I got twenty for 30 quid.

12 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

9th Edition 40k in June/July and then more Primaris throughout autumn is my guess. Maybe Emperor's Children. 

There'll also be a new Underworlds season around September/October I imagine.

Now all of the Battletomes are up to speed (or, will be) and with 40k presumably dominating the second half I think the most we'll see for AoS are 2.5 versions of earlier Battletomes like Stormcast and Maggotkin, presumably with a new Hero or standalone Unit. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

Has anyone any clue when the Lumineth might arrive?

assuming there will be 5 to 6 previews in a two week rhythm until release I‘d guess that their release is at the end of April or late March.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Sunday, March 1 ---> Next week: Lumineth

Nah. They’ve just started a bi-weekly preview article for them. That would give them like 3 articles. I imagine they’ll be more of them than that (especially seeing as the next one is just looking at the foot troops). 

Tzeentch and Ko FAQs are live. Destiny dice changes and changehost only gets one teleport. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Well depending on your definitely of glacially slow, a few years ago you had both deathwatch overkill and GSC battleforce(which had the Goliath).  That was the time to be collecting GSC.  My LGS still, 4 years later, has a Deathwatch Overkill box on the shelf, and I found several (and saw many more) on eBay the last year or two for cheaper than retail. 

If you want to hobby cheap you need to be very patient and very diligent on eBay. It helps to be collecting many things at once also! 

14 hours ago, novakai said:

in two weeks though would be a year since Carrion Empire had been release and still no sign of those boxset heroes yet

The Starn's Disciples box for 40k Kill Team came out a year ago and the Kellermorph in the box is just being made available again now coming out on its own.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Has anyone any clue when the Lumineth might arrive?

assuming there will be 5 to 6 previews in a two week rhythm until release I‘d guess that their release is at the end of April or late March.

I'm guessing mid to late April. That gives them time for 6-8 "Lumineth Week" articles in total, which seems to make sense to me. They might run longer, but if we're assuming a release roughly the same size as the Ossiarchs, they'd likely be struggling to fill a proper article with anything relevant at that point. 

Plus, much longer than that and they risk hype-fatigue. 

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

The Starn's Disciples box for 40k Kill Team came out a year ago and the Kellermorph in the box is just being made available again now coming out on its own.

Next week, all the characters from the past year boxes... We need to remember the resine models become Out of Stock a few weeks ago.

8 hours ago, sorokyl said:

It helps to be collecting many things at once also! 

It never helps to be collecting many things at once.

Hahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So, could be nothing, could be something. And humble apologies if its been posted somewhere before. Today I couldn’t help notice the number of rather large skulls on some OBR models, more specifically Katakros and the spooky bone wizard (I’ve invested no lore time on OBR). Thing is, there’s no OBR kit of a giant skelly, and all the much larger terrain or spell type large skulls look nothing like these. These look almost Organic. Which ither leaves the possibility of a Future OBR giant. Or these are skulls linking in the aforementioned Sons of Behemat. Or I’m deprived of cool monsters and hope that the base decor will one day be a model.

16C261D0-B7B6-4913-8660-166177525818.jpeg

0417881C-E77F-4ADB-882C-CE60081EC473.jpeg

FF7D90A9-1DE7-4AD0-B90A-EBCFE35D572D.jpeg

• Like 5