The Rumour Thread

So I remembered Rippers Snarlfangs actually having a rather high degree of craftsmanship for Destruction and took another look at them. Turns out they actually have shields with Chaos style trims, but slightly irregular (as is the trim on the rumor engine), so Gitmob is not out of the race at all.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 1

Louise Sugden should paint every model and be put in charge of all official colour schemes. Really should be no question about it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/18/peer-into-the-mindstealer-of-the-expertsgw-homepage-post-4/

cant wait to get this model myself (& then leave it unbuilt on a shelf for 6 months before making it look like an ill looking animal that has been left Unloved and unclaimed in a rescue shelter for 5+ years)

0D75D0FF-163E-4C74-BC50-808534E4084C.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 16

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

BF0674BF-DE7A-4A1C-9602-0939607F2EF1.jpeg

Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, Lions of Odessa, 

If I repeat it often enough it comes true right?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Louise Sugden should paint every model and be put in charge of all official colour schemes. Really should be no question about it.

I'll be honest and say I think Louise's work is some of the most unique and stunning out there - I was lucky enough to speak to her and watch her paint some of the squat model she painted the beginning of 2019 and it's a completely different style to anything I've seen before!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JPjr said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/18/peer-into-the-mindstealer-of-the-expertsgw-homepage-post-4/

cant wait to get this model myself (& then leave it unbuilt on a shelf for 6 months before making it look like an ill looking animal that has been left Unloved and unclaimed in a rescue shelter for 5+ years)

0D75D0FF-163E-4C74-BC50-808534E4084C.jpeg

Lisa Frank. I too had a rad space dolphin binder in 2nd grade.

• Like 1

@RuneBrush yeah, pretty much everything she makes has me giddy with joy, it’s such a clearly defined aesthetic that just looks incredible. I’d love to see an entire Tzeentch army by her, it’d be a riot.

much as I love the gritty Blanchitsu kind of stuff everytime I see her models I want to completely change everything I do to mine.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JPjr said:

much as I love the gritty Blanchitsu kind of stuff everytime I see her models I want to completely change everything I do to mine.

Crazy to think she's a graphic designer there and painting minis is just what she does for fun. I am glad they let her paint the "official" colossal squig and definitely think she should let her paint more official stuff. 

Following her instagram has definitely pushed me to make my miniatures more vibrant and colorful. all of my early stuff is super washed out. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Following her instagram has definitely pushed me to make my miniatures more vibrant and colorful. all of my early stuff is super washed out. 

Yeah, totally agree. If you're not already you should also check out Dana Howl's models, her use of colour is great too. Really makes me want to try airbrushing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In a world ruled by black washes for the shadows Louise's work just shines pure colour. It's like taking a glance back at model painting from 20ish years ago in terms of the colour pallet, but with a more advanced modern twist. 

That cat is freaking outstanding and I love the addition of the wings. Interesting to note that she's done more than just stick wings on, there's feathers around the wingjoint/bases which is either part of a larger back section cut and affixed or some detail work with greenstuff adding her own. Either way FANTASTIC - everyone now needs a winged hypnocat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

@RuneBrush yeah, pretty much everything she makes has me giddy with joy, it’s such a clearly defined aesthetic that just looks incredible. I’d love to see an entire Tzeentch army by her, it’d be a riot.

Love her stuff, even when it's more slightly more toned down (like on night gobbos) it's still recognisably her work and so striking. Tbh I see a similarity between her work and Blanchitsu though. Even if they're polar opposites in terms of style, they're both wildly divergent from the standard semi-naturalistic way GW minis are generally painted in. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

So I remembered Rippers Snarlfangs actually having a rather high degree of craftsmanship for Destruction and took another look at them. Turns out they actually have shields with Chaos style trims, but slightly irregular (as is the trim on the rumor engine), so Gitmob is not out of the race at all.

This is a good spot, the slight curve to the protrusions of trim isn't entirely unprecedented in chaos but combined with the other Evil Sun stuff and the vaguely eastern aesthetic, there's something here.  Roll on sun-worshipping steppe gobbos!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GorbadIronClaw said:

It totally reminds me of the Old Mangler Squigs from WHFB.

Heck, it is almost a perfect mix between the faces the 2 models had.

I'm pretty sure this is greenskins's stuff. Fingers crossed. 

looks like a skinned squig, old school style makes me think 40K. My bet is it’s for the new 40K  Ghazghkull ork warlord miniature that keeps getting alluded to. Same with that older rumor mill of an ork book standing on the ammo crate. 

Many scientific studies demonstrated that there are measurable differences in the way males and females see, perceive, and talk about color.

It's a bit of both evolutionary adaptation and culture.

While males were hunting for brown hares in brown grass, females were looking for red berries, etc.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

R u serious? I highly doubt that.

I dont know what he meant exactly, but there is some truth to this, from a certain point of view. Men are far, far more likely to be colorblind than women, with about 8-10% of the male population being so. The amount of women that are colorblind is so low its almost statistically insignificant. Conversely, an unknown, but significant, number of women are the opposite of colorblind: they can see dramatically more variation in the color spectrum than others, possibly due to the presence of a fourth type of cone in their eyes (as opposed to "baseline" humans with three, and colorblind humans with two), and so can distinguish between hues the rest of us find indistinguishable.

And in general, disregarding colorblindness and tetrachromats, women are more adept at distinguishing hues than men are.

Sauce: https://www.bibalex.org/SCIplanet/en/Article/Details?id=10304

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-babble/201504/when-it-comes-color-men-women-arent-seeing-eye-eye%3famp

There are other sources out there as well, if you google "women see more colours" or some such.

Edited by Deepkin
  • Like 2