The Rumour Thread

All I'm gonna say for seraphon players is this: Don't expect anything new (apart from the pyramid) and you won't be disappointed. Gw does not hide models that they know will make people excited, they just don't. At least there haven't been a single case of that in their recent 3-4 year run. Why would they not show new fancy plastic slann or new sc in one of those seminars? And no, the answer is not "it wasn't ready to be shown" because if that was the answer, then there is even more reasons why there ain't gonna be anything other than the pyramid because it takes long time for finished models to get in production.

And trust me, I do want to see new seraphon stuff myself too but I'm a realist, I base my expectations on gw's previous actions. It would be nice if I'm wrong, but so many here seem to be content setting themselves up for a disappointment.

• Like 6

Skaven did get the warpfire thrower team back though - in metal to boot. Skaven also lost a few doubled up models (eg an assassin variation). By and large though they didn't lose much. In contrast Cities of Sigmar lost a LOT more. It's honestly impossible to tell what might be kept and what might be lost. One pattern you can spot is that if its finecast or metal its got a HIGH chance of being removed. 

So if there's any finecast or metal models you want I'd get them now. They might stay or they might go, but you won't know until the book drops. GW only rarely gives a warning and last orders period where they produce to a set date. Typically "last orders" is "until we run out of stock" which can be very fast. Seraphon generally sell really well so anything on last orders would sell out very quickly. 

11 hours ago, Ivo said:

What about seraphon spells? Any rumours? Would be kinda sad if the masters of magic didnt get any...

Not expecting any spells. On the comments section on Facebook the the community people said the slann will have other tricks up their sleeves. Although would be nice if that was just to throw people off the scent. However as someone else said surely they would have shown all at the preview. 

Edited by ageofpaddsmar

Well we have precedents. When they announced cities and orruks they have shown only books and only books they got. The Ogor butcher was announced long in advance but the mawpot was a last minute thing. Tzeentch and KO were last minute announcements. Not impossible but usually when they preview something closer to release they show everything especially if it’s new models.

4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Well we have precedents. When they announced cities and orruks they have shown only books and only books they got. The Ogor butcher was announced long in advance but the mawpot was a last minute thing. Tzeentch and KO were last minute announcements. Not impossible but usually when they preview something closer to release they show everything especially if it’s new models.

What ogor butcher? 

3 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Not expecting any spells. On the comments section on Facebook the the community people said the slann will have other tricks up their sleeves. Although would be nice if that was just to throw people off the scent. However as someone else said surely they would have shown all at the preview. 

What if they could summon other endless spells like the SCE ones. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ivo said:

What about seraphon spells? Any rumours? Would be kinda sad if the masters of magic didnt get any...

Probably expect something like the Cities of Sigmar treatment. 

Sure they got zero faction Endless Spells.  But wow, did they get a hell of a compensation for that

• Confused 1

Just now, chord said:

What if they could summon other endless spells like the SCE ones. 

That'd be an interesting mechanic.

They could get Stormcast spells as both are divine armies to the realm of heavens and they could extend it to using the starlight nature of the Seraphon so they attune their magical bodies to certain other endless spells they cast to gain the racial positives,  so if it's Sylvaneth magic then they benefit from the "Sylvaneth keyword only" exception if they cast the living spell.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

Warmachines semi-confirmed then.

Stormcast/Knights Excelsior had giant ballistaes in Excelsis a year before Sacrosanct released so it can just be fluff decoration(for now).

Interesting bit is "finest champions". After this crushing defeat it's possible the Realmlord's release is Teclis reforming their army with new troops, creatures and powers because of how inefficient they were against the Varanguard.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

Mind that there would be no point in writing that paragraph down, if the Archon overwhelmed an elven force, who was just out of boot camp.  Not that the paragraph is descriptive and I find it impossible to estimate just how evenly matched the forces were.

Edited by Tiger

They might get them, they just might get them on day 1. 

Many of the AoS armies are clearly smaller than they could be and have lots of head room to grow and add models. GW likely has to balance both short term desires and long term production of a race. If they gave a faction 50 models on day one, what's left for next year's releases? Plus there's investment and production to consider as well. GW is producing a lot, but they still have limits and far as we can tell they are near those limits. So they likely can't just give one army double the rate of others without it impacting on others. 

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Warmachines semi-confirmed then.

Stormcast/Knights Excelsior had giant ballistaes in Excelsis a year before Sacrosanct released so it can just be fluff decoration(for now).

Interesting bit is "finest champions". After this crushing defeat it's possible the Realmlord's release is Teclis reforming their army with new troops, creatures and powers because of how inefficient they were against the Varanguard.

AoS is rather superlative. Every other unit is the "finest", "best", "slays hundreds of Orruks" (and in the description of that exact Urruk unit it's the other way around).

This is an old style of writing. And I mean like in Gilgamesh, Hebrew (first testament mostly), ancient Egyptian annals through ancient Greece, Roman, Beowulf, Eddas and now in comic book form.

It's not a style of writing I particularely like, but it is rooted literally at the start of history.

• Like 3