Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nice to see we’ll get more articles leading up to the release of Lumineth. I really enjoy these little articles, even if they’re not about an army I intend to buy. 

Some nice little pieces of fluff. Four subcultures based on elements (well not exactly, but close). I personally like the info about emotion. Lumineth basically lose much emotion, which is fine because emotion is associated with Slaanesh. 

Don't we already have the "noble warriors slowly losing emotions" thing with Stormcast?

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Lumineth article you might not have been able to find on the hard to navigate new Warhammer Community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/ :) 

Ha! I knew it they can't feel emotion. So called perfect elves are just as tainted by slaanesh as the rest of us. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Ha! I knew it they can't feel emotion. So called perfect elves are just as tainted by slaanesh as the rest of us. 

Yeah but they aren't soul-eating eyeless boogeymen though 🤔 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Lumineth article you might not have been able to find on the hard to navigate new Warhammer Community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/ :) 

(Oh no, that new site looks so confusing and too busy!)

But to the topic at hand:

Well, lads, lasses and enby pals, this is where I think my stop on the hype train comes. I wanted overly-emotional (Kin-strife! Kin-strife!) Silmarillion elves, not the arrogant and aloof LOTR elves! I am most likely hyperbolic right now, but this really feels like Eldar: AoS Edition with similar history, personality and both carry magic stones on them (albeit for different purposes, hahahah!). And nothing against Lumineth or Eldar - or anyone who wants more arrogant elves - but they aren't for me. The models are still cool and I'll gladly follow what kinds of Lumineth we'll still be teased with.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

this really feels like Eldar:

I thought the same. Kinda disappointing, actually. Then again, maybe they are really just trying to bring the two systems closer together so that one day they can just sell one set of rules and let the armies from both pay each other. 

There are already orks/orruks, the demons, and a god-emperor (plus that Space Marine in the one Warhammer story). The Necrons will be the masters of the lizardmen, and the Eldar will reclaim their lost tribes of elves.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They are not Eldar, they are better than eldar

A, a bit at least

Looks like Nurgle gets it 2.0 treatment in Wrath of the Everchosen.

1988617523_WhatsAppImage2020-01-27at20_06_51.jpeg.22420ec960117cf825cc64e3e3fdd666.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Public Universal Duardin Oh, I think there will be plenty of opportunity for kin-strife.  You underestimate the elven desire to prove they are superior, ESPECIALLY over their own kin!

I can see them and Idoneth have that dynamic, rather than whoever Malerion has been cooking up in Ulgu.

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I thought the same. Kinda disappointing, actually. Then again, maybe they are really just trying to bring the two systems closer together so that one day they can just sell one set of rules and let the armies from both pay each other. 

There are already orks/orruks, the demons, and a god-emperor (plus that Space Marine in the one Warhammer story). The Necrons will be the masters of the lizardmen, and the Eldar will reclaim their lost tribes of elves.

I do not know if I want that future at all. Nothing against 40K as a game, but I have been so happy that both the lore, feeling and community of AoS is the polar opposite of 40K's hives of scum and villainy.

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

They are not Eldar, they are better than eldar

A, a bit at least

I must begrudgingly admit that 'has a sphinx' > 'no sphinx' so yes, Lumineth are better than Eldar, scientifically!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Public Universal Duardin I agree, I think that has much narrative tension having the Idoneth and Lumineth as rivals.  That also leaves it open for Malarion and Morathi to be mortal enemies when Malarion discovers that she is basically responsible for freeing Slaanesh!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thebazilly said:

Don't we already have the "noble warriors slowly losing emotions" thing with Stormcast?

These have better models.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

1988617523_WhatsAppImage2020-01-27at20_06_51.jpeg.22420ec960117cf825cc64e3e3fdd666.jpeg

Pretty cool, where was this posted originally?

There are some obvious elements drawn from the Eldar (four warrior paths to take them away feom Slaanesh). Others are drawn from old HE (fighting style, aesthetics), and some are original. That is typical GW for you and it's fine.

4 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

I recommend not using that book for lore, It's inconsistent, stick to the tome in my opinion. David didn't even read two pages from the tome from the look of things.

Yeah, he definitely isn't my favorite author.  And in the interview about the book, he said he was basically like Dan Abnett in how he got to flesh out the Idoneth, which honestly almost made me not read the book.

8 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

The official Age of Sigmar FaceBook page. 

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Am I the only one who thinks the new site is much harder to navigate, with there being 3 different places where new articles could show up?

The desktop version ist very good. The mobile version however is a mess o.O

7 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Facebook. Not sure how good this Sub-faction will be as that ability doesn't really address Maggotkin's main issues with weak/nonexistent shooting/magic leading to them getting rolf stomped by armies like Fyreslayers and OBR but I'm super stoked to see Nurgle (actual Maggotkin) get some attention. With the Winter FAQ changes I'm finding myself actually wanting to paint up my remaining blightkings and get some games in with them.

40 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Not terribly surprising that GW isn't going to jump right back into a new battle tome cycle espcially since they're doing to same with Psychic awakening with 40k instead of new codexes(except new space marines, so maybe we'll see a new Stormcast battletome with stormhost supplements). Either way it's looks like my chances of actually getting this book are going up if it's going to be my nurgle supplement and bring a combined demon army(beyond GA Chaos).

Lumineth Lore is pretty much the same as Vulcans from Star Trek 😁

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Lumineth Lore is pretty much the same as Vulcans from Star Trek 😁

Maybe rather than bring out an entire new 'Ulgu Shadow Aelf' range then, Forge World will just produce an upgrade kit of little resin goatees/van d y k e beards to glue onto the Lumineth models.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Maybe rather than bring out an entire new 'Ulgu Shadow Aelf' range then, Forge World will just produce an upgrade kit of little resin goatees/van d y k e beards to glue onto the Lumineth models.

Unless they are Romulans, which means they will be completely beardless. But probably capable of invisibility. And most likely behind every thing going wrong in AoS, until GW reboots the setting again and an elderly Teclis attempts to stop Hysh going supernova but it destroys Ulgu completely. Includes a lot of lens flare and grognards spilling their salt on message boards for years to come.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thebazilly said:

And we have the 'go out and gather shards of their dead god' with Fyreslayers/Daughters of Khaine. GW are are environmentally conscious and eager to recycle. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Nurgle was "designed with 2.0 in mind".  I believe after Seraphon it is now the oldest battletome, and will remain so until 3.0.  Sure it is missing some more modern concepts like sub factions (which many people don't like anyway), but I don't think this book will be more nurgle focused than any other GA, and won't revolutionize the army.  It's just going to likely have some (13) cool new sub factions, of which i'd expect 1-2 are "nurgle only" (~1-2 from each god, some mortal soup, some daemon soup, maybe some rats)