Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There examples of this sort of longer neck (along with their respective jewelry/neck and or headgear)  in the real world.

Look up neck rings. They don't make the neck longer just lower the clavicle. but then this can be taken to the nth degree because this is fantasy. 

Edited by Ryan Taylor
  • Like 1

Yeah, I feel it's an exotic choice. Chamon's all about the surreal. Like right next to his picture in the white dwarf version it goes to talk about how that realm is much more fluid than the others in it's make-up and eldritch to where looking at the constantly forming edges can lead one to madness.

With how they go in about the strange alchemical properties of Chamon and it's metals I wouldn't be surprised if his metal clothes bend easily but harden on impacts as well making that more comfortable than it appears.

That's a neat thing about Chamon, you'd think "metal" means solid and rigid like how most genres portray an earth element but instead they went for more a water element with the realm always shifting and changing emphasizing it's alchemy side.(and why Tzeentch desires it)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

There examples of this sort of longer neck (along with their respective jewelry/neck and or headgear)  in the real world.

Look up neck rings. They don't make the neck longer just lower the clavicle. but then this can be taken to the nth degree because this is fantasy. 

This seems a solid structure away from the neck. Either the metal thing on his jaw is not under the jaw (making it awkward to speak, eat or drink because it doesn't move out of the way), or the metal thing is under the jaw, and everything is a nuisance.

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, I feel it's an exotic choice. Chamon's all about the surreal. Like right next to his picture in the white dwarf version it goes to talk about how that realm is much more fluid than the others in it's make-up and eldritch to where looking at the constantly forming edges can lead one to madness.

With how they go in about the strange alchemical properties of Chamon and it's metals I wouldn't be surprised if his metal clothes bend easily but harden on impacts as well making that more comfortable than it appears.

That's a neat thing about Chamon, you'd think "metal" means solid and rigid like how most genres portray an earth element but instead they went for more a water element with the realm always shifting and changing emphasizing it's alchemy side.(and why Tzeentch desires it)

Okay, so just say *magic* and everything must be taken seriously. That does not appeal to me.

Well a realm of magic metals, made up of thousands of floating continents, trees /animals that are metal hybrids and usually exotic natives like Chamon desert dwellers in light-metal garbs, oriental mountain-folk making metallic tapestries from crushed jade and silver thread or the native tribes seen in "Red Hour" who have actual-gold tattoos because precious minerals are everywhere to where even the Lantic Empire made solid gold roads to all it's fortresses there.

If you don't like fantastical or over-the-top then the realm of metal isn't for you. xD

340?cb=20170717012553

Soulbound-Art-Cubicle-7-750x1016.jpg

But hey, that leaves 7 other realms for you so you'll likely find something better to your tastes elsewhere. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

Eh, I'm all in on the really high fantasy elements of AoS, but I still consider that particular design to much.

It's just that mixture of blatant disregard for anatomic limits and that there is not a single cue to how anything going on with that guy actually comes down to the magical nature of the realms. I can still accept it as an example of ceremonial garb that is rarely donned and highliy unpleasant to wear, quite possibly tying in with the theme of self flaggelation so common in Warhammer. But that is an explanation I, as a viewer, have to provide for myself, since neither the actual image nor the settings lore contain any contextualisation for this particular case of the impropable. Even a high magic setting should contain such contextualisation and imo, Warhammer and associated art usually does, which is why I consider this particular something of a design fail, high magic setting or not.

Pitty too, with a bit more thought put into it I could see it could have been a sort of arcane equivalent to servo armor or an exoskeleton, holding up the wearer instead of the other way around. Now that would have been high magic.

Edited by Rogue Explorator

Just now, Rogue Explorator said:

that there is not a single cue to how anything going on with that guy actually comes down to the magical nature of the realms.

He could be seen as the fluid shifting nature of Chamon also caused him and possible fellow Chamonions to have more malleable forms. Similar to how Ghyran caused it's mortal sexes to seperate between the female continent of Virdea and male continents that only come together when the continents mate and produce new lands before they and the male and female mortals seperate again.

Until we see more realm-native human art it's a bit hard to tell just how far the magic make-up of everything controls even the mortal forms.
However I agree with your second point he's likely ceremonial and possible royalty.

On "warhammer art" context for the setting, the giant red magic crystal he has and the background of Chamon in the Corebook that comes before his pic can provide something though.

In Chamon most precious minerals are worthless because of how common the are to where there's seas of gold, Grungni in his time used this by evenly dividing the continents and making economies of plenty for all his followers. But after he left and when more powerful magical minerals and realm-stones were discovered they had a gold rush that warped the economy of equality Grungni had set-up. So then there was beggars with gold and royals with realmstone.

So the giant magic crystal marks him out as very wealthy nobility and why he appears ceremonial.

Edited by Baron Klatz

The Warcry warbands are a pretty good indicator that humans are not all that different across the realms. These chaos influenced cults should also be some of the more heavily influenced, so a "regular" uncorrupted freeguild human for example would most likely not be physically too different, other than being more pale in the realm of shadows or leaner/larger with bigger canine teeth from Ghur.

I do hope for a reimagined "empire" at some point. It has some charm the freeguild can be anything in the fluff, but at some point real new miniatures would be nice, hopefully with some kits allowing great kitcashes and conversions.

• Like 4

"Once you form an iron-clad and defenfable theory head over...etc"

Bit of a clue?

That's got a lunar thing at the base and classic High Elf gems, definitely something for Pointy Elves.

half moon shapes and blinged out? This obviously belongs to a Gloomspite character who stole the hat of a pointy aelf.

I'm just putting this out there, but are we sure it's not some sort of Idoneth endless spell

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I'm just putting this out there, but are we sure it's not some sort of Idoneth endless spell

100%, basically confirmed I'd say. I mean it does look a little like a fly fishing lure. you could hoof it towards an enemy, and thenas you reel it in they foolishly follow it to their doooooooooooom. bonus points for the GW background writer that slips in a 'casting' pun in the description too.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CDM said:

"Once you form an iron-clad and defenfable theory head over...etc"

Bit of a clue?

sounds more like tongue-in-cheek joke about how fervent people get about rumor ideas

17 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

sounds more like tongue-in-cheek joke about how fervent people get about rumor ideas

I understand it to be tounge in cheek but they have hid clues in plain sight before disguised as tounge in cheek or flippant comments

• Like 1

One day you'll see. 

I'll get my endless spells and who'll be laughing then? 

Your little "meme" will be over and the time of the d3 mortal wounds 18 inch effective range generic fish spell will be nigh. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, CDM said:

I understand it to be tounge in cheek but they have hid clues in plain sight before disguised as tounge in cheek or flippant comments

The text with the rumour engines is never a clue. 

• Like 1

This is the first one in a long while that actually feels it could belong to Seraphon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

The text with the rumour engines is never a clue. 

I didn't say the rumour engine has before I thought this one may have.  First time for everything 👾

Why do i have this feeling that aelves are going to get always strike first again..  take this feeling away from me please. Hated that in whfb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Platypus said:

This is the first one in a long while that actually feels it could belong to Seraphon.

Those gems and dainty crescent shape scream elves to me. Seraphon have more of a blocky aesthetic to their headdresses. I do hope Seraphon get updated models this year, though. They deserve some better sculpts.

• Like 1