The Rumour Thread

U sure about that head being the sphinx?? I dont see any resemblance, i was sure it was tyrion being behind his brother on final teaser.

Btw, new elves are amazing but they ****** hard on teclis, that pose and sphynx head ****** hard the central model for me.

7 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Mechanicus: I love the Mechanicus and these are no exception. That said, I'm a bit annoyed at how non-futuristic they look. For one I wish GW did more of the nightmarish biomechanical Admech of old 40k art and for another I really dislike seeing Admech used for AoS conversions without major modifications, which I'll now see more of. It's admittedly a matter of taste and I always think people should follow their own taste when converting, still, it is a bit of an annoyance.

I get what you mean. I see people use Skitarii rangers as handgunners without conversion, and it can be a bit jarring.

I think it's wise to use about a quarter to half of an admech model at most with the rest being AoS, or taking off a lot of greebles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ZOAT!! Did you see it! A living breathing plastic ZOAT! 

Overall a great LVO presentation and we saw a lot more of the pointy Aelves than I thought we would. I'm very pleased at that all told, it sets up a nice degree of expectation for further designs from them. I'm also loving the sculpts, they harken back to the old age, but at the same time take full advantage of no rank-and-file designs and also GWs newer sculpting. The mounted units really look awesome and I love the new sphinx (shame she's trapped with that aelf chappy, but darn it that's a pretty model). 

Skitari got some outstanding cavalry and winged units and tey are honestly getting a very 80s vibe going with them; but also a good touch of the wild-west sneaking in with the mounted units. I don't want a Skitari army, but GW is making it freaking hard to stick to my resolve on that matter. 

New Nurgle units for the warband again look great, so creative and I love the little detailing on them. It's also nice to see a female Nurgle character, which is surprising as up till now they've been very male dominated. Which when you consider that Nurgle is a god of life (in a twisted way) that's somewhat surprising. 

Seraphon got a new aztek style structure and a new tome coming confirmed. Whilst its not the same as a full faction relaunch of a lot of older models being remade; its at least a very welcome confirmation that the last Battletome approaches. That very soon AoS will be full 2.0 running! A very big and important time. 

Yep a great LVO and a start to the year for GW! 

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

HOPE: teclis is a multikit allowing to get a hero/general mounter (or not) on the sphynx and the hero/teclis can be used separatly, like GW did with the tauralon.

FEAR: GW did some GW  stuff and it is a single kit.

Oh that is definitely a single kit.

46 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Has anyone noticed the symbol on the plates on Teclis' armour?

Curious about what they stand for

Huh, those are odd. GW tend to be pretty consistant when it comes to using or reusing elvish/eldar runes, more so than with their other background, but I think some of these are new.

There's a bunch of recognisable Eltharin runes on the infantry and cavalry - lecai (light, nobility of the soul) is fairly prominent but there's definitely other recognisable ones like daroir (remembrance, memory) and more incongruous ones like arhain (shadows, night) - but some of the more ornate ones and all the runes on Teclis are fresh.

Maybe there have some 40k eldar precedent? The fancy one on the sphinx's collar looks a little like the eldar rune for autarch or maybe another one with a swirly tail.

Edited by sandlemad

11 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The fancy one on the sphinx's collar looks a little like the eldar rune for autarch or maybe another one with a swirly tail.

Probably Teclis’s phone number for when it inevitably goes off wandering for days at a time and starts hassling other Aelven gods for snacks.

Teclis, it’s Malerion. Your bloody cat’s here, again, chasing mum’s snakes. Please come collect it”

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

I know mentioned it before, but now with pictures, the Sphinx for me is the High point of the reveals, it really does match the aesthetic of mtg sphinxes, and I freaking love mtg sphinxes....Now I want a Sphnix army with the Chaos Wild Cat as a core and this sphinx as a lord, sigh.78C785AA-A513-47C6-8694-B9A5963EDFBF.png.6adc84c3b897ab789438be9aabeeb694.pngDE149CFA-0EE3-4863-B211-03A04B470399.png.ecfc72125c7068ceb31864035f661e3e.png9DE506D9-2D1D-44C3-B0B9-D8AA66822F32.jpeg.20a01e1351be997faed5af3aef0d15d9.jpeg80DC368C-5372-4A45-A43D-44BA6D8BE8AF.jpeg.53304272e256870e70e0ae910422a83a.jpeg335DC3A4-4FE2-49DD-BF5C-AE28CAF87D8C.jpeg.046dbfbba986dd62a92188f1b357c085.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I know mentioned it before, but now with pictures, the Sphinx for me is the High point of the reveals, it really does match the aesthetic of mtg sphinxes, and I freaking love mtg sphinxes....Now I want a Sphnix army with the Chaos Wild Cat as a core and this sphinx as a lord, sigh.

It looks great without the pesky god on top of it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Cross-posting from seraphon thread since I really think this battletome cover mertis more discussion

In addition to the saurus not looking like existing saurus models, there are a lot of goldon icon on pole things that do not match anything we have. 

In green i have circled the Current Carnosaur and Engine of the Gods. They mostly match.  The things in red don't come close to anything we have. (unless I am an idiot and missing something. 

It's unusual for battletome cover art to stray so much from the models, isn't it??They oven go as far as to painting the characters even in the exact same pose as the model. 

What do you guys think? new models confirmed? Artist took too much liberty? 
seraphon.png.d86a8338203ae491091bf1b29988a8c8.png

I'm thinking new models In a vs box with sons of behemat 

Couple thoughts.

1) I'm not a Seraphon player.  I played Lizardmen in 5th edition when they were in the starter set but not since.  I did, however, paint up a Seraphon start collecting set for a local store.  Maybe it's because I've been around for a while, maybe it's because I still include older models in my regular hobby life, maybe it's because I occasionally dip into 3rd party/lower quality models, but I didn't really notice anything out of line with the Saurus (either mounted or on foot) compared to other armies.  They were fun to paint, looked fine, and were just normal models.

2) There are things that are evidence of imminent squatting.  Factions being phased out of the lore.  Models going on Last Chance to Buy.  That sort of thing.  One thing that is NOT evidence of imminent squatting:  the confirmed forthcoming release of a new battletome and new terrain piece.  It's sort of related to an advertising algorithm anecdote:  one time I mentioned on Facebook that I had just received some new business cards.  I was then inundated with advertising for business cards for several days - at a time in my life where my need for new business cards had literally never been lower.  It is the same sort of thing here.  You are never farther away from a faction being squatted than in the period between a new book being announced and the arrival of that book.

• Like 5

I think I've figured out why the new Seraphon battletome cover doesn't match existing models exactly... it's not real. That's right, it's a fake battletome. In fact, Seraphon are get squatted and this is just an elaborate practical joke by GW to poke fun at lizard lovers one more time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I think I've figured out why the new Seraphon battletome cover doesn't match existing models exactly... it's not real. That's right, it's a fake battletome. In fact, Seraphon are get squatted and this is just an elaborate practical joke by GW to poke fun at lizard lovers one more time.

Now that you mention it, it's been fully 13 hours since we last heard anything from GW about these pointy elves. That's kind of a suspicious silence, isn't it? Feels like they're trying to downplay their importance... I dunno guys, can't prove anything but feels like they might be about to squat pointy elves.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2