The Rumour Thread

The Hollow Armor and Celennar are pure wins here. Teclis and the rest do a decent job of showing off the realm of Hysh aesthetic but are pretty bland otherwise, horse legs look stiff and the hoplites kinda repeat the model.

However that's perfectly fine because they're the basic troops. Can't wait to see what fantastical wonders we see from the realm of light after this and more is revealed.

It will be very...enLightening. ;)

(Also yes to Greywater conversions, very awesome)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

well the real news is that the Skitarri units are perfect Greywater fastness/ Freeguild conversions

Yeah!

I was just thinking "man, if my Tempest's Eye city is up so high it borders a skyport, horses are a bit problematic." As well as "If I want a 2 drop TE army with a Hurricanum, I need 5 more horses to round out the 45".

I was eyeing Skitarii for a while, but I guess it's time to wander into them.

4 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

On the LVO Facebook post someone asked if all the Seraphon were getting was a new tome and scenery and the AoS page responded "That's all we've seen so far".  So possibility that there is more to come 

They're not getting new models, they gave a similar response when people asked where is the Slaanesh mortals when people slowly realised the release was only daemons. In my opinion I think Seraphon players should lower their expectations, that way if there is new models you will get a nice surprise. 

• Like 2

Usually when there's more to come Gw says that but there nothing about it in the LVO Serahon part so...I'll not hope for new kits now (I was hoping for multipart chaos kits for StD and here I am, still waiting)

It's a litle let down, being the last facction to get and upgrade and only recieve tome+terrain, not even a plastic slann, but oh well, I guess it's better than being squated, right?

The elves are cool, that armour is (for me at least) cooler than the teclis model itself (teclis nun made me chuckle), if those troops can get swords I may be pickin them up.

If they mentioned "sons of behemat" in the DF trailer...we can count it out of aos as a faction I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Dragobeth said:

Usually when there's more to come Gw says that but there nothing about it in the LVO Serahon part so...I'll not hope for new kits now (I was hoping for multipart chaos kits for StD and here I am, still waiting)

It's a litle let down, being the last facction to get and upgrade and only recieve tome+terrain, not even a plastic slann, but oh well, I guess it's better than being squated, right?

The elves are cool, that armour is (for me at least) cooler than the teclis model itself (teclis nun made me chuckle), if those troops can get swords I may be pickin them up.

If they mentioned "sons of behemat" in the DF trailer...we can count it out of aos as a faction I suppose.

It was mentioned in a joking way, like it couldn't be a new faction, not in a manner as though it was related to Blackstone Fortress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

On the LVO Facebook post someone asked if all the Seraphon were getting was a new tome and scenery and the AoS page responded "That's all we've seen so far".  So possibility that there is more to come 

From that comment in their Facebook post it seems pretty conclusive that Seraphon aren't getting much else. Endless spells not looking likely either unless they're called something else like the Khorne and fyreslayers ones.

sketch-1579848837526.jpg

sketch-1579848954080.jpg

35 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

On the contrary, they never talk about anything not yet announced so even if nothing else was coming that would be their response because so far only the book and terrain are announced

Wow, wouldn’t have called much of these. The Nurgle warband is stunning, all three of them. A great HH character model. Hysh elves turned out mor High Elf than I anticipated (strange right) and just can’t but any model that nice and clean. But damn those Phalanxes and the Hollow knight are simply beautiful sculpts.

The Skitarri would work so much better in AoS as an Ironweld Arsenal/cogfort, just doesn’t speak Mechanicus to me. If anything it reminds me of Futurama when they discover Da Vinci  was a Genius on Earth, but on his own planet he was as thick as they come.

Now Teclis, Ticks soo many  boxes for me. God Model, Check. Beast, check. Dynamic pose, check. Unnecessary terrain base which gives so much flavour, check.  Old world links, check. MTG -ish inspired High Fantasy, (especially the Mount) check. However it is very difficult to see Teclis under all that Raiden.

79896469-2CAC-4031-A2FB-9533E1CA5A86.jpeg

• Like 2

Well... quite a lot to digest.

I’m very happy about the Aelves, they look good & should make people happy but they aren’t the totally wild kind of Old Testament style hundred winged, burning wheels with eyes insane geometric angels or Euclidean light constructs I’d wanted so right now looks like I can admire from afar and not hurt my wallet further.

Eltharion model is really cool though so might grab that (cue it being in a battle box), what I can’t wait to see with that is how people paint it. The studio job is cool but you could really go to town on the idea the inside of that armour is full of burning light. Object source lighting for days...

The Teclis model bit on the fence about, the big creature is great but not totally sold on his pose. I think doing him with one leg bent like in the illustration would have made him look more dynamic, still it’s certainly an eye catching piece so can’t wait to see it in the flesh and the conversions it inspires.

Seraphon, shame for them just some terrain though it’s a cool model I’ll pick up for Warcry games. I reckon they’ll get something else just maybe not right away. Hopefully the book has some interesting ideas in it, love the art on the cover though.

Nurgle Warband looks great, definitely picking that up.

As for the rest the Ad Mech stuff is just beautiful, really been trying to keep my 40k purchases to just Kill Team stuff but might have to go in on that. Again can’t wait to see what people do with these as AoS conversions, I mean with almost hardly any work (probably not enough for some people) there’s your new Cities of Sigmar units.

New Ghazkgull was expected and hopefully will be awesome. 

But holy ****** A ZOAT. After all the “is it an exodite model” or “is it a Seraphon” with that rumour engine and IT WAS A ZOAT.

I’m sorry for people hoping for either but not really because, and I cannot stress this enough, IT’S A ZOAT. What a time to be alive!

image.png.eade0f85522bb482da3835d185e2c4f8.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

What a whirlwind few days, from seeing the leaked Seraphon cards, to hearing the rumours of a dual Seraphon/Giant box, to finally the LVO reveal. 

I know there's a lot of scrutiny towards negativity, but take this at face value: this is pretty brutal for Seraphon. This is the range that has been waiting the longest for support, as it's the range with the oldest models, last to get a rules supplement, and has essential units still in resin. Getting the Battletome and Terrain is below even my baseline expectations of the Hero-in-a-double-box concept.

Curious what the decision making is there since Seraphon have a pretty dedicated userbase. Lack of interest from GW? Sales numbers? The worst part is being the last tome out of the gate usually implies that you'll be near the last tome for 3.0 too, so it's going to be about a decade between new model updates. 

Anyone got a silver lining for me that I'm not seeing? I'm a sad dino atm.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kramer said:

image.jpeg.808bbfef2cbdf2a478ada0bafe9e6e78.jpeg

for those wonderful mechanical cities forces... mechanical pistoliers! 

image.jpeg

In order to (maybe) understand future AOS faction upgrades.

These new Skitari riders aren’t in their codex right? If so where are their stat profile found upon release? Do they come with a warscroll card (if thats the correct 40k name)? 

Edited by Greasygeek

3 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

In order to (maybe) understand future AOS faction upgrades.

These new Skitari riders aren’t in their codex right? If so where are their stat profile found upon release? Do they come with a warscroll card (if thats the correct 40k name)? 

No clue, don’t want anything to do with 40k... except for certain models I can ‘Fantasy’ up ;) 

7 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

It says they’ll be in one of the forthcoming Psychic Awakening books, like I assume when they start rolling out books like Wrath of The Everchosen they’ll use those to launch more models (though obviously being AoS you just dl the warscroll off the site, why they haven’t done this for 40k baffles me, next edition I guess).