Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

That'd be excellent! Gargant sieges too but at least the campaign book promised sieges already. ;)

I'm torn on Excelsis because it is one of my favorite cities with a great set-up while the Excelsiors are great hatesinks that get the job done.

It getting destroyed would stink but at the same time it'd make a more fluid element to the setting that shows nothing's plot-armored safe which i'd like too and fits with the progressive plots GW is slowly changing to.

I think the best call would be a global campaign for the cities of Ghur. Seeds of Destruction. See if they can survive or be destroyed and a new Ghur map released to reflect the setting change.  (and ideally the destroyed city inhabitants relocate elsewhere for a future "win back our lands" plot)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That'd be excellent! Gargant sieges too but at least the campaign book promised sieges already. ;)

I'm torn on Excelsis because it is one of my favorite cities with a great set-up while the Excelsiors are great hatesinks that get the job done.

It getting destroyed would stink but at the same time it'd make a more fluid element to the setting that shows nothing's plot-armored safe which i'd like too and fits with the progressive plots GW is slowly changing to.

I think the best call would be a global campaign for the cities of Ghur. Seeds of Destruction. See if they can survive or be destroyed and a new Ghur map released to reflect the setting change.  (and ideally the destroyed city inhabitants relocate elsewhere for a future "win back our lands" plot)

Arent gargant siege tactics just high jumping or pole(tree) vaulting?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, probably more often  than not. xD

Though if it's a fortress with big enough walls (like the Steppe Khanate capital that housed an army of titans for some really sky touching buildings) or just to protect their squishier allies they likely have to be more creative. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pagan said:

Out of interest, the events of that excerpt are the subject of the novella "City of Secrets" which is a couple of years old.

The first three paragraphs, yeah, but I am talking about the last one - which refer to the current Storyline of Gordrakk going to Excelsis with siege engines (with a Godbeast skull mounted on one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Maybe GW could go in a direction it's never gone and keep Excelsis at a minute to midnight for the next 20 years where it's always underthreat in the lore, but nothing really changes.

They could run a world campaign where the results decide if excelsis fall or not

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he's clearly shed the cone-helm addiction, but I'm not sure if moon crest helms are the way forward! ;)

Epic looking and nice to see GW teasing a bit more of the pointy aelves

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Teclis article also shows Model renditions of his sword and staff, which tie to some of the previous rumor engine photographs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

785d7c1f.jpg

 I guess now we should rename the pointy aelves to LUNAR aelves! Eh? Eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's official - the new aelves will be revealed at LVO next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That design would not be out of place in WHFB. 

I think that means we're going to see more of an 'update' of the old High Elf models akin to the new Warriors of Chaos, rather than a major new re-design which just calls back to it. Would certainly explain why so much of their stuff in CoS got squatted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't expect this before LVO.  It's a big headdress but the Moon Staff and his sword are pretty clearly updates to his old ones. They look more proportional too, thank you modern sculpting.

Overall, looking at the armour, it's surprising how traditionally Ulthuan-style his clothes are. I know GW said they were going that way but that might as well be the apparel of a High Elf champion. If anything it's less ornate than old Teclis. Will be interesting to see how much that comes through on the rest of the range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Discount WoW Night Elves, anyone?

Oh, sorry. Aelves. 😄

That's what I thought too!  Watch, they're gonna worship the moon and everything now :D

For real though, that design looks sweet!  And it's not really Night Elves (armor design is pretty distinct and mostly looks like a throwback to High Elves in Warhammer), but I'm going to love all the memes that will inevitably draw comparisons.  Comments will be popcorn worthy for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, willange said:

That's what I thought too!  Watch, they're gonna worship the moon and everything now :D

For real though, that design looks sweet!  And it's not really Night Elves (armor design is pretty distinct and mostly looks like a throwback to High Elves in Warhammer), but I'm going to love all the memes that will inevitably draw comparisons.  Comments will be popcorn worthy for sure!

Elves in Warhammer have always worshipped a moon god. Og Teclis had a crescent moon on his hat, and a lot of shields and trinkets on both the dark elves and high elves depict moons as well.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How soon everyone foegets that much of Warcraft in general was taken from Warhammer.  And it's almost like Blizzard sent people into GW to look at Tyranid designs for their Zerg....

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like that design!

The impractically of that moon aside, it's a surprisingly clean look. Really soothes my worries that the Hysh Aelves were going to be so blinged out as to be Deepkin on steroids, or too full of little breaky bits.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

How soon everyone foegets that much of Warcraft in general was taken from Warhammer.  And it's almost like Blizzard sent people into GW to look at Tyranid designs for their Zerg....

These are the comments I was hoping for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teclis is always in good relationship with lileath, goddess of the moon

And considering Tyrion now is the god of light, aka the sun, his brother representing the moon makes perfect sense

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we'll get a lot more of these previews, like with the sisters of battle. I really enjoy seeing the 3D renders. 

The high elves were my first love when I started warhammer almost 20 years ago, and I still love them. When Age of Sigmar dropped I decided I wouldn invest to much in a new army until the light elves would be released. I was fearfull that they would dissapoint when they finally dropped, but this preview and the artwork looks amazing! the artwork still has all the appeal of the original high elves.

I am wondering about the glowing discs on teclis and also about his staff. It seems like he is still wielding the staff of Lileath... So what about her?  Iḿ planning on really enjoying all the snippets of info until the actual release.

 

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Didn't expect this before LVO.

Same here! Nice shock to read about and looking forwards to the reveal next week. Hopefully means models are by March as I have some vouchers I need to use by then 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...