The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Overread said:

True, but I'd wager GW would generally produce roughly balanced quantities of them when produced in a batch like that for Christmas.

I would wager against you. They would be fools to do so. Storage costs money, not to mention that a box like the StD one lasting a year is bad branding. 
We know through their own admission that they misjudged the popularity of the starterboxes/two army boxes. So we know they are making a conscious estimation about the amounts and popularity of the boxes. There is no reason to produce roughly balanced quantities of them unless they expect to sell roughly balanced quantities of them. 

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

if they sold out it means that 100% of GWs investment was sold out in a very short span of time on an army that had no update rules.

absolutely. But that still doesn't mean enough interest for a complete redo. Could, but only if you know the amount produced, cost of redesigning etc. 

I would honestly not mind if the seraphon range got 'pruned' a little along with some new models to update the range to feel/look more modern. Not gonna happen though. Maybe one or the other but not both xD

My guess is they get the same treatment as nearly everyone else. New tome, maybe endless spells and maybe a terrain piece (Please no terrain piece GW).  Hopefully this means reworked warscrolls too because stuff like saurus warriors and knights sure could use a face lift. Speaking of, I would love new saurus models, maybe with some more weapon options 🤤

Edited by Mikeymajq

I don't imagine the Seraphon being squatted/retired anytime soon. However, if they don't get announced soon, I imagine that there might be a massive overhaul of their line and lore. If they don't get a quick 2.0 book for a simple rule update than I can imagine their reintroduction being something with real narrative consequence.

Also, I can easily imagine the release of a Slaves to Darkness/Seraphon box. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

The problem with Seraphon (and why those that play them are so vocal about it) is that it is a WHFB army that was never really developed in Age of Sigmar. All the other armies (except The Empire and Bretonnia) have spawned fleshed out Age of Sigmar armies, or have been the basis of inspiration for Age of Sigmar armies. Lizardmen/Seraphon players haven't had the chance to take their Wood Elves and develop them into Sylvaneth, or begrudingly take up Fyreslayers/Kharadron to get their Dwarf fix. They've been stuck with the same army they had in WHFB, with no new releases at all throughout all of AoS (even Ogres and Skaven got that!)

I would also like to make it known that if a new Seraphon battletome doesn't hit shelves by Saturday April 11th 2020, the wait would have been just as long (to the day) as the wait for the Slaves to Darkness battletome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JPjr said:

nah the Brets will actually be reimagined as the talking animals.

ermine clad badger lords, longbow wielding rabbits, foxy damsels in distress, frog skirmishers and of course the most iconic of units heavily armoured snail knights... etc etc. 

they actually sneaked out some of the models earlier hidden in plain sight, here for example is Sir Nutsalot riding his trusty hoblox steed.

Blood-Bowl-The-Greenfield-Grasshuggers-1x-Hopeful-D.jpg

You joke but an army of militant woodland anthropomorphs straight out of Redwall would be outstanding.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Icegoat hasn't popped in to confirm seraphon as being squatted. 

GW would never have given them a rules revamp in GHB 19 if they were being squatted. They were also one of the first battletomes for age of sigmar. 

If anything I expect that seraphon will get a larger release. Maybe similar to DoK where a few kits are added to the existing range. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The "problem" with Seraphon is that they started AOS and continue to be one of the largest factions, model-wise. As a result, I can understand if expanding the faction is not all that attractive to GW. Unlike most every other faction, they were not broken apart in the transition to AOS.

I agree with others that they are going no where. Unique aesthetic and lore, highlighted a lot in early lore and novels, and what little evidence we do have suggests they still sell. Even little things like Lustria Online suggests that Seraphon keep a strong following. In contrast, most of the old sites have gone dormant.

New core, kroxigor and plastic heroes would be awesome, but not necessary IMO. I think Seraphon starting AOS with a robust model line has stunted their evolution more than anything else.

8 minutes ago, Magnus Madness said:

whats has  happens to all the Kharadrons Overlord Heroes ? Are they unavailable ?

Most likely the new Battletome has simple resulted in a short term massive sales spike that has used up stocks for GW in your region. Overseas sites get new stock in waves so things can appear out of stock for a while before a new shipment arrives. The UK (where GW has its factories) can sometimes recover stocks faster because shipping things out is done pretty much weekly. 

Note 3rd party stores might still have stocks as might a local GW store to you if you've got one. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Magnus Madness said:

whats has  happens to all the Kharadrons Overlord Heroes ? Are they unavailable ?

They're still on the the US store in stock of you search for them, but they don't show up in browse. This is a problem GW's web store has occasionally had for years.

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Seraphon are safe - last year their christmas bundle box sold out first (or if not first then very near the front). And that's without a 2.0 battletome. I'm sure that their sales are healthy enough as is without GW needing to remove them. I mean heck its the only dinosaur faction in the entire franchise (even though GW keeps teasing us by mentioning Exodites at every turn in 40K whenever they talk about Eldar)

GW plan very far in advance, and as per the first paragraph of their business model, they dont focus on short term gains.

This isnt to say Seraphon arent (or are) safe-none of us know. But I doubt they would base the entire existence or survival of a faction on one Battleforce as opposed to years of metrics and planning.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/multilanguage-tales-warhammer-2020-black-library-books

Nice sized bundle of ebooks from the Black Library on Humble Bundle. The main aspect they are focusing on is multi-languages, however there's a nice spread of AoS, Old World and 40K books in there including things like SoulWars. Worth a buy if you want some more fiction to dig into the world! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Ah yes, just like models in mercenary companies are safe.

Organ gun, Cannon, General on Horse...

They wrote a few lines in a book and said "hey, here are mercenary companies."

They did rules, art design, printing, packaging and shipping for multi-language Warcry cards and printed campaigns for them in the Annual. Your comparison holds as much water as a Slann that sat on a Razordon.

• Like 5

visitng this site:
https://cn.panjiva.com/Asia-Pacific-Offset-Ltd/1367220
Currently I can see Sons of Behemat warscroll cards on a shipping manifest dated Jan 20, 2020. 

If I use google cache:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5P7vMnnxr-wJ:https://panjiva.com/Games-Workshop/46006013+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I can see Seraphon Warscroll cards going to GW memphis warehouse on Jan 18, 2020

To find this i googled "warscroll cards sons of behemat" and "warscroll cards seraphon" site:panjiva.com

Is this legit? 

edit: also found "Blood Bowl Underworld Old World Pitch" and "Aeronatica Imperialis Taros Board".  To find different things just google "games workshop" site:panjiva.com, and look at the cached version of the various pages. 

Edited by sorokyl
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Sons of Behemat warscroll cards on a shipping manifest dated Jan 20, 2020. 

If that is true then the Gargant faction might be coming way sooner than expected. I didn't think we'd see it before Pointy Elves as it would also be a major release even if they keep the old giant kit.

Just now, Forrix said:

If that is true then the Gargant faction might be coming way sooner than expected. I didn't think we'd see it before Pointy Elves as it would also be a major release even if they keep the old giant kit.

I mean keep in mind that books/cards could sit at the warehouse for months before release. With the issues they had with Sylvaneth, You'd rather get your product from china earlier than later.   I assume they pick their release schedule based on what's ready to go. I think this just means that it is coming in the next few months. Maybe before pointy aelves, maybe after.  Unfortunately this site is not on the wayback machine so it's not possible to see the full history (I guess unless you have an account there) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I mean keep in mind that books/cards could sit at the warehouse for months before release. With the issues they had with Sylvaneth, You'd rather get your product from china earlier than later.   I assume they pick their release schedule based on what's ready to go. I think this just means that it is coming in the next few months. Maybe before pointy aelves, maybe after.  Unfortunately this site is not on the wayback machine so it's not possible to see the full history (I guess unless you have an account there) 

There was also the Astrolitic Monolith a few months ago. We havent seen that yet. Maybe that was the Seraphon Terrain and the main release had been pushed back? 

• Like 1