Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

31 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

I always liked the look of them but was busy with my ironjawz and  turned off by the bad rules (heard from others, never take a look at the old BT).

But now i got myself the Aetherwar box and 2-3 other boxes. Btw. in Germany 3rd party retailer stock of Aetherwar still good/available.

Not so much interested in Pointy Alefs, so i hope i can afford to spend some money on the KO now. 
But we'll see what we get the next week/months for AoS.
Next Week release already known?

Next week is more Sisters + Psychic Awakening

I suspect the week after that will be sisters again, plus Warcry stuff and maybe the Ogor Warband.

31 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

I always liked the look of them but was busy with [edit] something (read: other armies)

Same here. I found in the new KO a double opportunity:

1. rules are top, meaning you can play them against almost everything expecting at laest not beeing too ridiculously tabled out. And also meaning, playing them eventually a different way, making them kinda unique in their playstyle.

2. Financial opportunity: 3 halves of aether box + Ironclad and you'r done for a 2K+ army for less than 200eur (resell just one ballon hero to get to this budget). Add to this that I grabbed also the Underworld KO, not only giving a khermist for super cheap but also a team usable in games. I'll add as soon as I'll sell the balloon hero and another Gunhauler, a SC+thunderers (and later a admiral and a navigator). Full army (above 3k points) and done. Did I also say that I am super happy that we have the opportunity to play without the obligation of buying a bunch of Arkanauts? that was a big decision factor also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Next week is more Sisters + Psychic Awakening

I suspect the week after that will be sisters again, plus Warcry stuff and maybe the Ogor Warband.

Don't forget the (super) big even in less than 2 weeks....

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Don't forget the (super) big even in less than 2 weeks....

That's Adepticon though right? Which is in March. There may be some at LVO though.

On 1/12/2020 at 3:58 AM, JackStreicher said:

Called

Blood and Murder

"DRINK IT IN, NERDS" (DoK vs Vamps boxed set) 

Edited by Morglum Ironhide

13 hours ago, Sunchaser said:

That's Adepticon though right? Which is in March. There may be some at LVO though.

It’s LVO. I think it will be a another teaser of the Pointy Aelves for AOS and we will learn the name of them

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Adepticon will announce 40k 9th Ed which will be a soft edition (like aos 2) that allows existing codices to be used, but makes some core rule tweaks. The big summer release window will tie into 9th Ed 40k.

So there is no intent to do a new aos edition or anything like that this year. I suspect we will get pointy elves, then campaign books and hopefully a few more battleboxes with new battletomes. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Adepticon will announce 40k 9th Ed which will be a soft edition (like aos 2) that allows existing codices to be used, but makes some core rule tweaks. The big summer release window will tie into 9th Ed 40k.

So there is no intent to do a new aos edition or anything like that this year. I suspect we will get pointy elves, then campaign books and hopefully a few more battleboxes with new battletomes. 

My big hope  is if they do a 3rd edition of aos they work on a lot of the books first, then release a large portion at one time.  Don't make some "3.0 ready" when they clearly aren't. Like how Nighthaunt and Stormcast are 2.0 tomes but pale in comparison to even the less powerful ones that came later.

1 hour ago, SleeperAgent said:

Like how Nighthaunt and Stormcast are 2.0 tomes but pale in comparison to even the less powerful ones that came later.

That has always been the problem of early editions of battletomes/codex. But a campaign can correct that like the Psychic Awekening is currently doing for 40K. While it is not a super elegant solution, at least it makes the low tiers and weak armies (almost) on par with top players. Honnestly, I don't really like this kind of solution because you have to work things out with so many books that it's breaking the fun. But at least, it takes care of weak/forgotten armies...

BTW, it gives also GW the opportunity to test some new mechanics and see how it goes on a larger scale.

PS: LVO has been claimed by GW as the biggest event, ever, for them. (biggest LVO it seems 😎). So, some reveeal are expected here. Hense the relatively poor reveal of open day...

Edited by GeneralZero

2 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

My big hope  is if they do a 3rd edition of aos they work on a lot of the books first, then release a large portion at one time.  Don't make some "3.0 ready" when they clearly aren't. Like how Nighthaunt and Stormcast are 2.0 tomes but pale in comparison to even the less powerful ones that came later.

Yeah I don't want them to do an AOS 3.0 already. They have almost updated every faction now bar Seraphon. I hope they use 2020 to focus on some of the less-fortunate armies and especially work on the internal balance on many of the books. 

GW is obviously a company whos sole purpose is to sell models, but by fixing internal balance in many of the books, they would still sell models (obviously not new ones) that previously were ignored. Many armies are "ok" competitive, but it is really only a few select warscrolls that are being used. Skaven as an example has been proven to be very successful, but their entire Clan Moulder line is pretty much non-exsistent on the tables, even in casual games from my experience. 

• Like 1

Honestly I'd hope that 3.0 is just 2.0 where GW adds up all the various expansions to the rules; tidies them up, adds the Errata and FAQ into the book and cleans up the balance somewhat. Perhaps introduce a new mechanic or, more likely, just flesh out the current mechanics in a fresh direction. EG GW could choose to focus on sieges and thus adds siege gear to multiple factions - this sparking a block of new models to help generate worth in a new battletome; and also not making huge waves on the games core balance etc....

Basically instead of re-writing the whole game every edition; focus on refining the game every edition. Gamers will still rush out for the Big Rule Book if GW does their work and makes the lore newer, fresher and adds in new art and such. Meanwhile they could easily clean up a lot of profit off existing gamers with a new condensed version of the rules released at the same time. 

It also means there's less of the "oh now your Battletomes don't work any more" and less of the need for GW to put a huge amount of prep work into releasing an index system or a bunch of battletomes on the fast. Instead it lets them easily keep to a slower release pattern and ties releases back toward big model count jumps (either in updating old sculpts and/or adding new ones). 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

This weeks rumour engine:

5EB587AB-46C9-47E0-862E-098D6AB0FC57.jpeg

Mawtribes 2

Edited by Walrustaco
Stonehorn/Thundertusk shoulder armour
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Looks like an orruk shield with a dwarf shield attached. Definitely more ironjawz than Bonesplittez. 

• Like 2

Looks similar to the shoulder guard of the Thundertusk to me, which also uses re-purposed shields from other factions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Looks like an orruk shield with a dwarf shield attached. Definitely more ironjawz than Bonesplittez. 

See it compared to stonehorn armour

20200114_130922.jpg

20200114_130916.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Think it's ironjawz. I think we are going to get ironjawz  vs new stormcast chamber. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Behemat giant's shield !

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Yeah, made me think of the Stonehorn kit as well. Just by scale, that's a massive shield, probably too big even for an Ironjawz to be holding.

At the very least it hints towards something destruction that isn't grots, IMO.

It looks like a gutplate for a gargant considering the size of the skulls. It looks to piecemeal and shoddy even by Ogor standard (despite it all).

It also does not really fit with Ironjawz either, so the gargant rumor and other large strange objects in the rumor engine lately seems to fit this.

22 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Behemat giant's shield !

That's a dwarf shield fused to it, so it can't be that big.  Don't you think it's  small for a giant's shield?

36 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Mawtribes 2

36 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Well I actually think it has something to do with The Mawtribe in particular, unless they have chagned a few details on the ironjawz’

it's from a dual kit Ogor Frost King / OverTyrant.

FACT

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

45 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

See it compared to stonehorn armour

20200114_130922.jpg

20200114_130916.jpg

Ah yeah, very similar. I guess it is Ogors then. Maybe Warcry will get warbands for other grand alliances this year? Just a guess as it would seem weird to do the new book and everything then have a random kit later. 

• Like 1

As much as I'd love some new stuff for Ironjawz/Orruks, that shield is nowhear near the current design. It also seems a tad too big. Could fit Ogor/Gargant for sure.